Twilight Temple Boss Guide

13»

Comments

• sixthsense
    sixthsense Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hi i was doing HH1-3 yesterday followed yoru guild, and it worked perfectly untill i got to
    Dimentora aka Shooting Aur.

Now your guild mentioned that the appropriate way was suppose to lure him to the side before he calls Divinci for help, however I've had little success. I have only manage to lure him to the corner of the center platform, from there his range attack can reach me despite my back touching the cliff.

At first the Divinci's didn't do anything but as they wander, one got too close to my herc and then i got ****. :D

Any suggestions? btw is that range attack with the purple skulls is that the short range aoe u meant? And is it physical?

ty b:surrender
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    dimentora range is increased compared to 1.2

if you pull him in the correct angle of its platform ..; no add should aggro.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • sixthsense
    sixthsense Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    so theres not way of luring it completly off the center platform? only to one of the center platform's corners?

thx in advance
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Now here's a question for all the high level TTers out there.

What's it like throwing down with Ancient Evil: Lethal Vengeance in 2-3?

Just looking at his stats...

(NOTE: Copied from the Database)

Life

Physical Attack
    4558 - 13673

Magic Attack
    5469 - 16407

Physical Defence

Magic Defence
    Metal: 2517
    Wood: 2517
    Water: 2517
    Fire: 2517
    Earth: 2517

Speed
    Walk: 5.0000
    Run: 15.0000
    Fly: 0.0000
    Swim: 0.0000

It looks like it'd be an uphill battle right out of the gate. But then you factor in the other portions of the fight...

(NOTE: The following was pulled from Ecatomb)

1.) 3 adds that show up after a few hits, one of each attack type (Melee, Ranged Physical, Ranged Magic). Are there any nasty tricks they pull, like 'final attacks' (I'd assume the archer type would) or AoE of their own?

2.) Random aggro. Which sucks ****, combined with...

3.) Frontal physical AoE, which I'd assume would be the full 180 degrees in front of him. What kind of range? And whereabouts in the range of his Min/Max Physical does it hit for? Totally variable?

4.) AoE Increased Channeling debuff. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

5.) Full self-buffing capabilities for both types of attack and defense. How do these behave? Does it happen not so often? Or does he pull a Cosmo and put them back up every few seconds? And about what point does he start? Right out of the gate? And how much of a boost do they give him?

Then, near the end...

5.) AoE Manaleak. Just looking at his M-ATK, I'd wanna cry if I were stuck in the bubble. Bye bye MP. =(

6.) AoE Decreased Accuracy. This doesn't sound all THAT bad, since Reams are a guaranteed hit. But still...meep.

7.) Increased frequency of Random Aggro. b:cry

Now, all that aside...

According to the few videos I've seen (that DON'T involve glitching him...), I'm assuming he's going to be leveling both physicals and magic against the tank. During the opening, does he pull a Drummer boy and spike high against the tank for his first attack?

I'm just curious, since I do hope to attempt him someday.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009

(NOTE: The following was pulled from Ecatomb)

1.) 3 adds that show up after a few hits, one of each attack type (Melee, Ranged Physical, Ranged Magic). Are there any nasty tricks they pull, like 'final attacks' (I'd assume the archer type would) or AoE of their own?

2.) Random aggro. Which sucks ****, combined with...

3.) Frontal physical AoE, which I'd assume would be the full 180 degrees in front of him. What kind of range? And whereabouts in the range of his Min/Max Physical does it hit for? Totally variable?

4.) AoE Increased Channeling debuff. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

5.) Full self-buffing capabilities for both types of attack and defense. How do these behave? Does it happen not so often? Or does he pull a Cosmo and put them back up every few seconds? And about what point does he start? Right out of the gate? And how much of a boost do they give him?

Then, near the end...

5.) AoE Manaleak. Just looking at his M-ATK, I'd wanna cry if I were stuck in the bubble. Bye bye MP. =(

6.) AoE Decreased Accuracy. This doesn't sound all THAT bad, since Reams are a guaranteed hit. But still...meep.

7.) Increased frequency of Random Aggro. b:cry

Now, all that aside...

According to the few videos I've seen (that DON'T involve glitching him...), I'm assuming he's going to be leveling both physicals and magic against the tank. During the opening, does he pull a Drummer boy and spike high against the tank for his first attack?

I'm just curious, since I do hope to attempt him someday.

1. They should be fought before you fight Belial (Ancient Evil). The physical melee one should be tanked elsewhere while someone else tanks the boss. They don't do anything special, just hits.

2. Try to get cancel skills or people who can cancel. He shoots a blast of physical damage at you.

3. If you heal from max range you outrange the AoE, not sure how close you can get.

4. I haven't noticed that much during my fights with it.

5. He starts buffing pretty early on. 90%, 85%? It's not as fast as Cosmo. Demon Purge (which cooldown is 25 seconds) can match it. As for boost, I'm not sure how much.

5-2. You don't have to use Bubble. But yeah Mana Drain is nasty.

6. Haven't really noticed this either.

7. Yeah it sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mivi - Lost City
    Mivi - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    esist a corner where u can tank the phy guard like the previus two guards without belial agro u :)
  • Ana_I - Sanctuary
    Ana_I - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    sixthsense wrote: »
    Hi i was doing HH1-3 yesterday followed yoru guild, and it worked perfectly untill i got to
    Dimentora aka Shooting Aur.

Now your guild mentioned that the appropriate way was suppose to lure him to the side before he calls Divinci for help, however I've had little success. I have only manage to lure him to the corner of the center platform, from there his range attack can reach me despite my back touching the cliff.

At first the Divinci's didn't do anything but as they wander, one got too close to my herc and then i got *****. :D

Any suggestions? btw is that range attack with the purple skulls is that the short range aoe u meant? And is it physical?

ty b:surrender

I doing it with 1 other veno usually, just to have a company.I let my herc stay near place under where you come in big room.I stay at max heal range, then i let other veno run to center portal and Dimentora run to the wall because thats where other veno get tele'd to.Then just ask herc attack and other veno jump back down
  • Chanteus - Sanctuary
    Chanteus - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    andracil wrote: »
    Just wanted to say Keep up the good work Klath. You've been a big help on these forums with the guides you've been posting ;)
    This one's nice too. Would it be possible to merge this into your Twilight Temple drop list, then get the title edited to Twilight Temple guide? Would make things easier.

I've done a variation of this guide showing drops for each boss at each level and put it on my fan site... http://stancliff.hostcell.net
  • WalyCube - Raging Tide
    WalyCube - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    thanks!
  • pprandom
    pprandom Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hello there, this is my first post. Didn t know where to ask, so i ll ask this here:
    Where or how do i look for squad for TT? I have a 75 psy so it should be 1.1 or 1.2
    Please help!
  • do0nkz
    do0nkz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Ok, tried a thousand times,and still cant find a way to kill a f .. HH boss .... Twiligh Emperor (3-2 Culti). This boss sux ..... any1 has any ideea how should we kill it ?!?!
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    If u cant kill Emperor, use archer to tank him. It requires decent hp (9k+) because of his metal aoes sometimes. Also cleric should have 8k+ hp and hp charm to survive his occult ice, if gets hit by it.
    If u still wanna do him melee way, get squad with 5 aps sin and BMs that can keep him DGed. Simple rule about 3-x : the faster bosses die, the easier they are.
    He does very harmful AOE sometimes. Read his shouts in normal chat and on every "My souls will be my slaves. No one can escape." try to resist it or at least use dmg reduction skill. Damage reduction charms work aswell. If cleric gets hit by it, first thing he/she has to do is removing channel slow, so can keep healing and reviving.
    Also one thing i have to deal in some of my squads with - if cleric rez, that person must stand immediately and continue DDing despite low hp and very high risk of getting killed again by his aoes. That has simple two reasons : 1)He will die faster, 2)More target reduce chance of cleric being hit by his random shots which are able to kill him eventually.