Twilight Temple Boss Guide

Comments

• Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    @Fiona
    Why you listed prices? They change a lot every week, and last i checked (about a month ago) those prices were a lot lower on Sanctuary. Listing prices is a terrible idea.
    You lack crediting on your page, as you used words i have written here on how to beat those bosses, you also should review it, some have wrong info. On top of that, its lacking the big credit to janelhwiki, which i took all that drop table info from. Stealing someone's work is never a nice thing, keep that in mind.
  • eleasar
    eleasar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm currently working on a combination of the boss guide and the drop guide, I also incorporated the substance requirements for the different modes as well..

it can be found on our faction's website:

http://fusion.kwlds.com/TT.html

currently, it's only the drop list and the substance list, but I should be incorporating the boss strategy guide into it later this evening/tomorrow.

Looks really great! One point which would be really great: could you maybe include the MY/MS names too? Would be easier to compare them as there are many pages/sites around which list the items. So the title attribute could display the name (instead of the currently "click for pwdatabase...").

But allready in this version the most comprehensive overview out there - keep up the great work! b:thanks b:kiss
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    @Fiona
    Why you listed prices? They change a lot every week, and last i checked (about a month ago) those prices were a lot lower on Sanctuary. Listing prices is a terrible idea.
    You lack crediting on your page, as you used words i have written here on how to beat those bosses, you also should review it, some have wrong info. On top of that, its lacking the big credit to janelhwiki, which i took all that drop table info from. Stealing someone's work is never a nice thing, keep that in mind.

actually.. the words I used that were posted by you I specifically said "Haven't Personally tried him in this mode.. so I'm pasting what is recommended by the PWI forums." as I said in this thread.. it's a work in progress.. no point in putting all of the credits on it until it's actually finished and I can get a list of whom gave what information, etc...

as for stealing someone's work.. I didn't.. some of the information I got from the one site, but 90% of the time when I goto the site it loads the page, and then generates an error that causes the page to go blank.. plus, the entire page is database driven, it's built "on the fly" from the information in the db.. that's how it can be updated quickly.

lastly.. what has the "wrong info" I've been pretty thorough about going through and making sure the info was correct.

As for pricing.. those are average prices on sanctuary and I update them as often as possible (I'm actually thinking about changing it to a range rather than an average).. the reason I put it is because you'd be surprised how many people don't know what they can/should sell certain mats for.. I mean I've seen people trying to sell chintien's edge for 250k+!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Really if you publish material that is not your own you should give credit. It doesn't matter whether you think you are done with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited March 2009
    all of the material is PWI's and PWDatabase's.. the fact that other people compiled the information in a different format doesn't really give them credit.. (I'm a web designer by trade.. just because you took john smith's info and presented it in a different manner doesn't make it your own, it's still john smith's information)..

the only thing I got from vanaheim is the color choices.. and the images (they were all in 1 place as opposed to having to save them individually from pwdb, which I could have done just as easily)..

the stats are from pwdb and the guide from my own personal experiences with each boss.. excluding 1 I believe which I said the "suggested guide" came from the forums (couldn't remember who posted it while I was entering information into my database)

the database is my own design, the data is/was/will be manually entered into it by me, as is the programming used for the back end to display the information from the database (information which is freely available at pwdb, who gets credit because it actually references them when you mouse over the items)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ahh ok. From Klath's post it sounded like you borrowed text without accrediting it. Nevermind :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Your prices are way off. No way in hell are you going to get >90k for your TT1-1 mats. And you'd be lucky to sell skeleton pieces for half what you've got them as.
    Of course, maybe prices are higher on Sanc, but I can't think they'd be all that much higher.
    edited April 2009
    jemima wrote: »
    Your prices are way off. No way in hell are you going to get >90k for your TT1-1 mats. And you'd be lucky to sell skeleton pieces for half what you've got them as.
    Of course, maybe prices are higher on Sanc, but I can't think they'd be all that much higher.

edges/drums on sanc go for 75k-110k usually.. which means average is 92.5k.. and I haven't worked on it in awhile because I was actually thinking of changing it from average to the range so people know what to expect.

as I said.. it's a "guide" not a pricelist.. I put it there so people have an idea of what things are worth.. I mean.. if you're doing a TT run and trying to distribute things evenly according to worth, you need to have some kind of incling as to what the value is..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It does not matter if you are finished or not, you based your work on someone's else, even took files from someone's else domain, so you SHOULD credit.
    The original was found on:
    http://janelh.wikidot.com/dusk-materials
    As stated big and clear right at the top of my page. Also stating all i did was translate it (althought i actually did a bit more).
    http://vanaheim.the-aria.com/pw/tt/
    Unless stated otherwise Content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License
    Read:
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

You didnt even add that line, you know you are doing a crime right?
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/legalcode

Personally i do not bother if you continue my work, as i quit this game, but at least do it on the proper way, keep it legal.
    You NEED to state you are using the CC and credit somewhere on your page, or a page linked on your page with a list saying:
    Images, Information and Table Format taken from: janelh wiki link.
    Translation by <my name>: vanaheim link or something else suitable, up to you.

I never intented to take any credits from janelhwiki, i just translated the table for personal use and to share with friends, eventually guildies kept asking and it got shared around, so i decided to post it here.
    I will NOT enter into a legal debate with you, im fairly aware of all legal limitations of CC, and wont waste my time discussing it, so dont expect me to reply any further on that subject.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm currently working on a combination of the boss guide and the drop guide, I also incorporated the substance requirements for the different modes as well..

currently, it's only the drop list and the substance list, but I should be incorporating the boss strategy guide into it later this evening/tomorrow.

Good job, love your page.

Any one have more information about how to kill the last boss in 2-3?
    edited April 2009
    Images, Information and Table Format taken from: janelh wiki link.
    Translation by <my name>: vanaheim link or something else suitable, up to you.

so you are telling me that the images of the icons for the individual items were created by janelh wiki and not by perfect world, therefore I should give janelh credit for PWI's work?

2ndly, I didn't take their table format.. as I said.. I used the colors they have for differentiation, but colors are easily changed.. they have nothing on their site about the solo mode stuff at all.. and lastly.. translation by you? funny.. I thought PWI was in english.. you work for PWE and translated the boss names and the drop names yourself?!! wow.. that's awesome.. however, even if that were true, you personally wouldn't get the credit for it.. PWE/PWI would because they are the company you would have been working for.

lastly.. I'm committing a crime? then sue me.. it's not like I'm charging for the information I'm providing.. nor did I pay for it to begin with.. if anything I'm losing money by doing it as I pay for the server it's on, as well as the time involved in creating the database and the code.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrimsonNinja - Lost City
    CrimsonNinja - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    cool guide b:thanks
  • Huyidao - Heavens Tear
    Huyidao - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    For http://fusion.kwlds.com/TT.html

Can you please add price ranges to these? I know that prices will vary by servers / months, but it helps when distributing mats. Don't want to call chin shards as my drops if there are drums and skins. Thanks everyone for compiling this. It helps.
    Sagacious Guild - Heaven's Tear
    Forums: z3.invisionfree.com/Sagacious/index.php?act=idx
    edited April 2009
    For http://fusion.kwlds.com/TT.html

Can you please add price ranges to these? I know that prices will vary by servers / months, but it helps when distributing mats. Don't want to call chin shards as my drops if there are drums and skins. Thanks everyone for compiling this. It helps.

I started to, but then removed them as the prices change so frequently.. i.e. on sanctuary, mats that 3 days ago were selling for 500k are now selling for 350k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Huyidao - Heavens Tear
    Huyidao - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ^
    It is possible to put a scalar instead of actual numbers? For example, bones and skulls are 0 since they are near worthless. Mirage is 1, 1-2 chin is 1, 1-1 edge and drum would be 2, 1-2 drum is 4 and tentacles are 4, etc. It's not an exact number, but it helps as a quick reference guide for people who do not want to scroll through pages of AH listings. Thanks.
    Sagacious Guild - Heaven's Tear
    Forums: z3.invisionfree.com/Sagacious/index.php?act=idx
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Do you require anything special to get into the Twilight Temple?

In your group do all players need to be level 60 and higher? Or just a portion (1?) of them? Do you need duty badges or something of the like?

Theres a few people in my faction who have hit level 60 and wish to have a crack at TT but they are useless as hell and i have to do the research for them ...

NB - No one in my faction should take offensive if they read this post i love you all even if you dont like to read ... flakey ...
    edited April 2009
    Do you require anything special to get into the Twilight Temple?

In your group do all players need to be level 60 and higher? Or just a portion (1?) of them? Do you need duty badges or something of the like?

Theres a few people in my faction who have hit level 60 and wish to have a crack at TT but they are useless as hell and i have to do the research for them ...

NB - No one in my faction should take offensive if they read this post i love you all even if you dont like to read ... flakey ...

single mode requires 1 person (leader) to be 60 and an ultimate substance (made at the material forges in TT and Arch). An ultimate Substance requires 5 of each midgrade mat (rubstone, fine lumber, anthracite and refined steel) and a squad of no more than 4 people.

Squad mode doesn't require the substance (unless you choose high # of bosses), but it requires a squad of at least 4 people just to get the doors open.

hope that helps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yueheng1991
    yueheng1991 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Anyone please post a guide to boss ANCIENT EVIL 2-3. I need a detailed guide. Ancient Evil drops essential mats, I need them badly please help :(
  • yueheng1991
    yueheng1991 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I wonder if any LA (or Robe user) ever tried to tank some bosses in Squad mode (in 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 1-3 or 1-2) ?
    I have my own cleric so I'd like to try. I'm asking 'cause I see the bosses have mag atk but I never been in a squad where the tank wasn't a veno or barbarian.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Anyone please post a guide to boss ANCIENT EVIL 2-3. I need a detailed guide. Ancient Evil drops essential mats, I need them badly please help :(

I have not done it myself yet, but did some research. I do not know if there are still trick(s) to kill him or not. if no, then you will need a cleric with 7K+ HP, or you have 2 barb/BM to cancel boss skill when he attempt to attack your cleric everytime. I know there are some trick to kill minors before you start on boss, but I do not know the detail.
    I wonder if any LA (or Robe user) ever tried to tank some bosses in Squad mode (in 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 1-3 or 1-2) ?
    I have my own cleric so I'd like to try. I'm asking 'cause I see the bosses have mag atk but I never been in a squad where the tank wasn't a veno or barbarian.

I think you do not need to try, all bosses use physcial attack as their normal attack, your cleric do not have time to heal you before you die. even if they use magical attack only, I do not think you have you have enough mdef and HP to tank any of those.
  • Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Chintien: Chronol
    Physical Attack: 1228 - 3684
    Magic Attack: 1842 - 5525
    HP: 811.278
    Always will spawn, need to kill him to open the gates for rest of dungeon. He is very easy and will use Earth Spells to attack you.

It meleed us right into oblivion ._. spells my **** :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Payne-tsu 93 |Queen-tsu 89 |Shadow-tsu 69
    Pantsu b:dirty
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What is the best lvl to start doing this and how long does it take?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Purrrsuasion - Sanctuary
    Purrrsuasion - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Where Do I Get Tt60 1-2 Quest From??? I Finished Tt60 1-2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Where Do I Get Tt60 1-2 Quest From??? I Finished Tt60 1-2

Once you are high enough level to open a mode you can do the quests associated with it. For 1-2 you will need to be level 68+ to get the quests. 2-1 quests are available at 74+, etc.

*Edit*
    Oh yeah one other thing I noticed recently:

Cosmoforce: Naught

He actually buffs himself about every 20 seconds, not 10. I don't now if they changed it recently, but that's the time I've been seeing the last few weeks.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Are 4 people necessary for squad mode?
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Are 4 people necessary for squad mode?

In order to open the HH, yes.

Usually, if you want to solo squad mode, you ask 3 others to come open for you, then the 3 others just leave party.
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I made this for myself.. But I did like to share it too:)

It's an overvieuw of all magic TT weapons.. What weapon you need for another one:)

magicweaponTT.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Favorite - Lost City
    Favorite - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hi dose someone have a guide how to kill all 3-2 3-3 bosses, tips on builds, how/where to take down Emperor, Minister, Illusion lord, also the effects at aprox what hp % they will do.
  • Mivi - Lost City
    Mivi - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2009

uhm this boss is know how the hardest one maybe if entire twilight temple
    he walk in the bottom of pool of lava after u kill astrawalker
    if u go down and start the battle
    after a few hits he spaw 3 patrol
    a ranged a physical and a magical one with a lot of hp
    and he cast the same 4 buff matk patk mdef pdef of cosmoforce on herself
    also use everytime a devastanting frontal aoe
    and he often aggro random team members
    and is that is not sufficent when his hp is under 25%
    start with manaburning and a lot of more aggro random
    a lot of stategies can be work with him but no one is simply
  • Lndigo - Harshlands
    Lndigo - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Thanks! I've been looking for this.. This guide is nice btw. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    numba one stunna.