Why FAC and not mage?

13»

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You talk so much ******** it's unbelievable. You trully are clueless about this game.

Also a load of rubbish. A Cleric who heals, debuffs and attacks on occasion is NOT a "Full-Attack Cleric". They're just a plain and simple Cleric doing what they SHOULD be doing in mini-boss/boss fights. A Clerics job is to make sure the team are ok, then when Ironheart has stacked up nicely on the tank to target the boss and unload a couple of debuffs and maybe a Wield Thunder/another attack and then get back to Ironhearting.

Do this right and the tanks charm won't even tick once and you'll have been far more useful than a Cleric who just healed or a Cleric who just attacked. Fullattack I mean lolololol

Anyone who can't manage all that and think it's "too hard" or "too much work" shouldn't be playing Cleric.

So if i am FAC, i should let ppl die if i see that they have taken aggro dou a crit or something like that.

GOOD OPINION Cosmos...but when i read your posts i think you never tried to be a FAC and i dont mean just the "all mag build"

And admins/moderators should close this topic, its getting silly like any other about this b:victory
    b:dirty
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Alot of people don't like FAC clerics beacuase they want them to heal and rez
    those people have strong mentality issues.
    FAC doesnt mean they don't level buffs It means they don't level useless buffs.. lol
    we still use vanguard spirits gift and magic shell etc etc
    FAC ftw
    FAC/Support ftw
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So if i am FAC, i should let ppl die if i see that they have taken aggro dou a crit or something like that.

GOOD OPINION Cosmos...but when i read your posts i think you never tried to be a FAC and i dont mean just the "all mag build"

And admins/moderators should close this topic, its getting silly like any other about this b:victory

I was a Full-Attack Cleric up until 50 or so. I mean a *real* "FAC". I didn't heal, I didn't squad with anyone unless they knew I was FAC and accepted it.

Then I realised what a stupid and lacking build it was when I could be doing the exact same damage even if I levelled all my heals, buffs, purify and what-not.

This is one of the reasons I find people labelling themselves "Full-Attack" utterly rediculous. A regular Cleric who heals FBs and TT runs with max Plume/Wield Thunder/Cyclone will STILL be doing the same damage as a FAC if they have the same builds. Why not make yourself actually useful and level the support skills?

The minute you start to heal you lose your Full-Attack Cleric status and become simply a Cleric. It's not an opinion.

In all honesty you're just being stubborn. Seems you're grasping for straws to keep your "unique" FAC title when in reality you're just a Cleric like most of us.

Oh wait, should I be using this now to make it seems like I'm even better? b:victory Grow up.
    Idiot wrote:
    FAC/Support ftw

Buffing does not make you support. Veno buffs, WB buffs, BM buffs, Archer buffs and even, oh wow, Wizards buff!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    I was a Full-Attack Cleric up until 50 or so. I mean a *real* "FAC". I didn't heal, I didn't squad with anyone unless they knew I was FAC and accepted it.

Then I realised what a stupid and lacking build it was when I could be doing the exact same damage even if I levelled all my heals, buffs, purify and what-not.

This is one of the reasons I find people labelling themselves "Full-Attack" utterly rediculous. A regular Cleric who heals FBs and TT runs with max Plume/Wield Thunder/Cyclone will STILL be doing the same damage as a FAC if they have the same builds. Why not make yourself actually useful and level the support skills?

The minute you start to heal you lose your Full-Attack Cleric status and become simply a Cleric. It's not an opinion.

In all honesty you're just being stubborn. Seems you're grasping for straws to keep your "unique" FAC title when in reality you're just a Cleric like most of us.

Oh wait, should I be using this now to make it seems like I'm even better? b:victory Grow up.

Buffing does not make you support. Veno buffs, WB buffs, BM buffs, Archer buffs and even, oh wow, Wizards buff!

First "grow up" and "stubborn" goes for you more then me.
    FSC/FAC have same dmg, i know that by long time...and yes the skills come up same after, that was discussed in like 1000XXXX topics.

"Difference comes in sage/demon but long way to go"

Now READ CAREFULLY ffs!!
    Cleric is a cleric, he can heal so main healer in this game, and he will always be that.
    But idk how many other mmo`s you played but i guess you didnt notice that in this game beside being just "oh guys go on, i got you covered" you can do so much more. Usually class like this only has buffs/heals low dmg, well here it has heals/buffs/debuffs/powerful attacks.
    And well you see you can pick what to do.

FSC sit back heal/buff cause you like to do that
    FAC/FSC depending what your party is laking
    FAC tell every one ill DD/debuff...heal only if for some reason some is dieing and other cleric cant save him in time.
    So like some one said "mind set" and its possible cause we are just too good.
    We can choose how to play more then others.

Now see above sage/demon, see the skill list "find it somewhere" and dont tell me you cant FAC/FSC later on. Cause then you just like to flame aka you are a "kid".

***on other note i love my party living so if i heal like once in 2 min i am just a cleric, well FAC/FSC and every other build is just a cleric.

***play your own choice, wont tell you to use my, but dont flame others only cause you dont see it useful or you cant play it.
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    First off: Just because Cayeon called it a mindset doesn't mean you need to aswell.

Now, let me try and sift through your terrible grammar and reply.
    "Difference comes in sage/demon but long way to go"

Now READ CAREFULLY ffs!!

Are you trying to tell me Heaven/Hell is what makes the difference between a FAC and other builds? I hope you're joking. I know perfectly well what the Sage/Demon skills are like, don't insult me by telling me to go and look it up. I've known them for a long time.

Of all the classes, I think it's safe to say for a Cleric Heaven/Hell have the least impact on playstyle.
    But idk how many other mmo`s you played but i guess you didnt notice that in this game beside being just "oh guys go on, i got you covered" you can do so much more. Usually class like this only has buffs/heals low dmg, well here it has heals/buffs/debuffs/powerful attacks.

Wrong. Try playing the Ritualist class in Guild Wars, or the Druid class in WoW.
    So like some one said "mind set" and its possible cause we are just too good.

It's possible, but 99.99% unlikely.
    ***on other note i love my party living so if i heal like once in 2 min i am just a cleric, well FAC/FSC and every other build is just a cleric.

It's also rather selfish if you're making the only other Cleric in the squad use up all his MP and continuously tick his charm whilst you "damage deal" with your cheap attack spells.
    ***play your own choice, wont tell you to use my, but dont flame others only cause you dont see it useful or you cant play it.

So, I bring up a debate with you that opposes your build and now I'm flaming? If this is how you view things you shouldn't even get into a forum debate whatsoever.

Oh, and to note, giving advice to someone by telling them not to be a FAC isn't flaming - it's a warning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Flaming is when you say "dont its stupid", "grow up" "stubborn"
    Debate is when you say good and the bad of your choice.

So that makes you a flamer.

"Of all the classes, I think it's safe to say for a Cleric Heaven/Hell have the least impact on playstyle."

You must be the one joking. Apparently you dont like math or you failed math big time.

WoW and Guild Wars never liked them, and you should keep to free mmo`s
    cause we are in one.

"It's possible, but 99.99% unlikely."

Once again, you just want to prove your right at all cost.

"It's also rather selfish if you're making the only other Cleric in the squad use up all his MP and continuously tick his charm whilst you "damage deal" with your cheap attack spells."

If the boss has no aoe ill give him my jades/pots, his charm wont tick once.
    And my sure will tick all the time when i DD.

"So, I bring up a debate with you that opposes your build and now I'm flaming? If this is how you view things you shouldn't even get into a forum debate whatsoever.

Oh, and to note, giving advice to someone by telling them not to be a FAC isn't flaming - it's a warning. "

Advice isnt "dont".
    Advice is "its hard....and then why"
    I dont mind ppl who oppose my build, i mind ppl like you who just want to be right even when no one can be 100% right
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    advice wrote:
    1. an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action, conduct, etc.: I shall act on your advice.

I'm done with you. I refuse to be corrected on my English language understanding by someone who uses "your" for "you're".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZadirZex - Lost City
    ZadirZex - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    A cleric's role can vary widely in a party depending on its make up. You have to play the role the party needs or the party will simply fail, then you will get kicked and the party will find someone who can fill the role.

There are 3 main roles a cleric will play in a party and it's not just a play style choice, it's a choice of what is needed. ALl clerics will need to play all 3 roles at one time or another.

DD: Sometimes you will have another cleric in the group who is doing the healing, so your main role will be to DD. Debuff and use your attack spells. A good example of this is the first few bosses on FB69, the weaker bosses in HH 1-3, etc. The typical party make up for those areas is to have two clerics for the harder bosses, but for the easier ones, one is designed as a DD.

Semi Heal/Semi DD:
    Sometimes you will be fighting weaker bosses (early FB69 bosses, weak HH bosses, bosses much lower than the tank's level, etc.) where the healing cleric doesn't have to spam heal the entire time. You can stack a few ironhearts, then use your debuffs and an attack spell or two. Your role is to both heal and debuff in this situation. Always make sure the tank is healing sufficient before DDing!

Pure Heal:
    Then there are situations where you absolutely must spend all your time healing. Examples include: Krimson, tough HH bosses, last 2 bosses in FB69, etc. These sitations are actually the simplest for cleric and the least mana intensive. You can just use a potion and get the full benefit and not tick your charm at all. DDing requires much greater use of the charm.

Now when should you be one role or the other? The situation and party make up dictates. Naturally, if 2 clerics are in the party, if you are fighting a boss that only requires the healing of a single cleric, the higher level should be the DD. They simply do more damage. An exception would be if the lower cleric feels they can't keep up with the healing. Then the lower level should DD and the higher cleric should heal or heal/DD if the healing is covered.

As a cleric, you always have to make sure the healing is covered. Whether you are the designated healer yourself or you inform the other cleric(s) in the party that they are healing and those clerics acknowledge that they can do it.

If you are the only cleric in the group, you have to keep the tank alive...period. It's up to you to determine if you can heal and DD at the same time or not. Healing and DDing speeds up the kill speed of the boss, but it adds a lot of stress to the cleric and they can't use the full potential of pots. Apoth pots increase MP recovered, which is cut to 1/4 when you enter battle mode by attacking.

There are other situations that arise where your role can vary, but they're far to specific to list. A good rule of thumb is to just communicate with your group, see what's expected of you and if you don't feel like fulfilling that role...reroll your character. Just kidding!! Just tell them you don't want to do what they need of you and leave the group.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Well Cosmos you are a the all mighty god, who likes to spell perfectly period.

And what ZadirZex said is actually an opinion/advice.
    What he said is totally true.
    Now i am just waiting for you to say that he is totally wrong.
    *any other thing you say will just prove i am right*

And just a guess, you must be 14-15 years old kid who cant take "no" as a answer
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well creating this thread turned out to be absolutely pointless *sigh* anyway
    i can confidently say.
    Clerics play the role of Support/DD/Debuffer
    Barbs play role of Tanking
    and other classes sit inbetween -.-
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well creating this thread turned out to be absolutely pointless *sigh* anyway
    i can confidently say.
    Clerics play the role of Support/DD/Debuffer
    Barbs play role of Tanking
    and other classes sit inbetween -.-

I say archers play the role of DD before a cleric does. Barrage of Arrows combined with their critical rates have clerics outmatched.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Plume shell is useless PVE. You should never have to use it. If it's part of your regular combo, you should reconsider your combo, your fighting style or your build...

edit: I take that back. It's useless PVE UNLESS your up against 3 archer mobs.

Really? I've seen Zhenning parties in NS where the Archer died > Wiz died, then the cleric was standing there vs about 12-15 Melee mobs, and, well, before she had the chance to move, she was dead. Now, if she'd Shielded, then she could've ran into the water. :3
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I feel superior to other weird-cleric builds knowing that I have maxed more skills than any of them to my level.

If I mentioned a skill, that means I have it. Just wait till I do my fb69 and max other skills.

Level 10 Blessing of the Purehearted
    Level 10 Ironheart Blessing
    Level 10 Wellspring Surge
    Level 10 Revive
    Level 9 Purify
    Level 1 Soon, the Light
    Level 1 Stream of Rejuvenation
    [no level] Regeneration Aura
    [no level] Heaven's Wrath

Level 10 Vanguard Spirit
    [no level] Greater Protective Aura
    Level 10 Magic Shell
    [no level] Exalted Renewal
    Level 10 Celestial Guardian
    [no level] Aegis Spirit
    Level 10 Spirit's Gift
    [no level] Arcane Empowerment

Level 10 Plume Shot
    Level 10 Plume Shell
    Level 10 Razor Feathers
    Level 10 Elemental Seal
    Level 1 Dimensional Seal
    Level 1 Seal of Silence
    Level 1 Chromatic Seal

Level 10 Great Cyclone
    Level 1 Thunderball
    Level 1 Wield Thunder
    Level 1 Tempest
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Forp, more Clerics than you know have those skills, like a true Cleric should have.

I have ALL the AoE versions of buffs.

10 in:

Ironheart
    Plume Shot
    Cyclone
    Revive

Level 8 Plume Shell
    Level 9 Purify
    Level 9 Elemental Seal
    Level 6 Physical Debuff (Forgot the name.)
    Level 2 Tempest

Only reason I haven't maxed shell yet is lack of SP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    I have every cleric skill, I worte [no level] because it doesn't have a level. I wont be leveling tempest until I can get a lot of levels in it really fast, or I have a lot of excess sp I need to waste.
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Obviously I have both bubbles myself, was pointless noting them. EVERY Cleric 59+ should have them, there's no excuse not to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Obviously I have both bubbles myself, was pointless noting them. EVERY Cleric 59+ should have them, there's no excuse not to.

What if you're "full attack"? b:chuckle