Pure fox veno - What stats?

2»

Comments

• Xchandra - Heavens Tear
    Xchandra - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    your forgetting about the other aoe attack we have that costs no sparks and lowers enemy acc. You mentioned no pots but the need of a charm. Your claim is totally situational, what if a mob spawns on you. will your ranged pet make it in due time? of yourse no pots but i d bet your hp char will save ya. maybe i should get my self some charms and pull off the same thing.
    at my lvl (47) i still dont have the 2 spark aoe. yet i aoe every 3 sec with my hexmist attack., my pet tanks a few mobs and i tank a few mobs. i position the mobs to always hit them with the skill. they miss us most the time due to it since it loweres their acc by 50%. So yeah fox does have another aoe and you at lvl 72 didnt even know about.
    infact i belive you cannot judge the other 2 spark aoe since your build is not tailored to use it.

regardless were just funneling into a war of theory crafting.

however, all i can say is dont judge a build if you never played it. We all know what caster venos can do. But there is a reason why on our skill tree, more skills cater to fox. Builds for it were ment to be and on the pw my-en server they have been used all the time. they are just as efficient in pvp and in pve.

Ill keep posting on my progess of lvls, If i ever come to a stall ill let you know. but as for now and thru my experience with th ebuild i do not see much of a difference in between caster and fox via lvling.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    your forgetting about the other aoe attack we have that costs no sparks and lowers enemy acc.
    Fair enough, but it still wouldn't outdamage noxious gas, not even close

You mentioned no pots but the need of a charm.
    Charms are for the odd aggro problem, and its not required. I only mentioned it because it will tick IF you're wearing one but you can do without.

Your claim is totally situational, what if a mob spawns on you. will your ranged pet make it in due time? of yourse no pots but i d bet your hp char will save ya. maybe i should get my self some charms and pull off the same thing.

My pet has "made it in time" for all of the 65-ish levels that I wore robes, I think it woudl have been fine for the rest.

at my lvl (47) i still dont have the 2 spark aoe. yet i aoe every 3 sec with my hexmist attack., my pet tanks a few mobs and i tank a few mobs. i position the mobs to always hit them with the skill. they miss us most the time due to it since it loweres their acc by 50%. So yeah fox does have another aoe and you at lvl 72 didnt even know about.

I'm only level 72? Damn I thought I was 77. Now there's no way I'll catch up to Beyora. QQ.

infact i belive you cannot judge the other 2 spark aoe since your build is not tailored to use it.
    I commented on the side-effect, is manaburn really useful on physical mobs? Hm...

however, all i can say is dont judge a build if you never played it.

My alt didn't get very high before I got bored, but I did try it. Don't make assumptions.

We all know what caster venos can do. But there is a reason why on our skill tree, more skills cater to fox. Builds for it were ment to be and on the pw my-en server they have been used all the time. they are just as efficient in pvp and in pve.
    The fancy skills like hp recoveries, brambles, soul transfusions.. they all cannot be cast in fox mode, so how fast can you switch just to recover HP since they "cater to fox"?

Ill keep posting on my progess of lvls, If i ever come to a stall ill let you know. but as for now and thru my experience with th ebuild i do not see much of a difference in between caster and fox via lvling.

Ok then. Good luck.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The fancy skills like hp recoveries, brambles, soul transfusions.. they all cannot be cast in fox mode, so how fast can you switch just to recover HP since they "cater to fox"?
    Soul transfusion can be cast in fox form. Between it and Leech (which you can cast once every 8 sec. vs. 303 sec. for Metabolic Boost), I think it's actually easier to maintain hp in fox form. If you're grinding, you can take a quick break to switch out of fox form for the nature's grace -> soul transfusion -> metabolic boost trick.

Edit: For completeness, I guess I should also mention that Consume Spirit (level 49) allows you to sacrifice 20%-11% of your hp for 225-450 mp. It can be cast once every 8 sec. vs. 303 sec. for Nature's Grace. Between it and Leech, it's also possible to maintain both hp and mp without even using the nature's grace -> soul transfusion -> metabolic boost trick.
    edited February 2009
    Ok then. Good luck.

well Now your trolling b:chuckle After reading your post you just proved to me you know NOTHING about fox form. NOTHING.

you proved to everyone you didnt even try the build. cuz you got bored.

one thing metbolic boost and the mp equivalent are what cast every 303 sec. situational may i say. i can get out of my fox n cast it if i must. so what.
    soul transfusion is used in both forms. PROVING you have no idea or even played fox builds.
    also leech which heals the fox and do dmg. which means i can soul transfusion, to regain mana and heal myself back up. or use simply heal myself every 8 sec compared to that 303 sec cast time.

let me point somthing else out. stop comparing a normal casting spell with a spark ability. compare it with the equivalent of the spell.
    noxious gas is an aoe spell. compare it to befuddling mist which is the fox cone aoe ability( you need to get the targets infront of you which is wasy to manuver after practicing a bit) gas cost about double the amount than mist. and mist can be cast twice before gas is aval for casting again. so point for point they will do about the same amount of dmg in the same timeframe for about the same mana, only that mist has to be used twice. also a 70% acc debuff on all the mobs you hit ensures you get hit for much less vs melee mobs. (gas has a 2.5 channel time 0.8 cast time 8 sec cooldown. Mist has a0.7 channel time0.5 cast time and 3 sec cooldown. which means over time mist can be cast constaly more than gas )
    The spark ability is more for pvp than for pve.
    your lvl 77 and you DIDNT know this. omg.

but seriously your just trolling just like ive seen many of your other posts on different threads. you assume you know so much because your what, lvl 77 however you didnt know nothing about any of the foxes skills having the skill list ingame. damn you could at least checked it before retorting to my post.

oh and bramble guard last how long.. YEAHHH 10 min so i can cast it and go to fox form.
    the only skill i will brable hood will force me out of fox form, but guess what i still can soak dmg and while im waiting for my cooldown i can cast one of my situational metabolic boost skills then go back into fox.

casters get 6 real spells to cast, fox gets 10.

seriously what are you trying to point out. this thread is about the fox builds and people wanting to go that direction. what do you want to prove? theres a reason people want to try these builds, because prob they want to be different from the masses of caster venos out there. Go elsewhere and troll.
  • nihon
    nihon Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    bleh a fox build done right lvls just as fast if not faster than a caster build. ive been doing it and now im lvl 47, i kill mobs just as fast as caster venos, and i actually can take a few mobs on at a time and no need to use pots. i dont have to run if a mob spawns on me like all the casters have to. i dont die in 3 hits. Melee mobs are a joke. as for caster mobs, i just don on some arcane gear and tank them also.

Please do not assume a fox build = slow lvling because it doesnt do huge numbers like the caster builds. in terms of dot (damage over time) were about the same. By the time you cast 2 spells we did 1 skill and hit 4 times.
    i can only agree to that.
    im level 30 now and from level 9 onwards leveled in fox form. ive played a full int caster veno before and the fox is in now way slower, primarily due to the fast attack rate. i also hardly use pots since the pet keeps the aggro, which is less of a problem than i initially thought: the amount of heal is pretty good.

i am however surprised about how you "can take a few mobs on at a time and no need to use pots". by the time i'm attacked by 2+ monsters at the same time, all i can do is run away and send the pet in to keep them from me, else i'd be dead in less than 10secs. what about your stats? my: 1,5-2 str / 0,5 dex / 0 vit / 2,5-3 int per level. goal is to wear the best weapon available and a useful heavy armor.
    edited February 2009
    nihon wrote: »
    i can only agree to that.
    im level 30 now and from level 9 onwards leveled in fox form. ive played a full int caster veno before and the fox is in now way slower, primarily due to the fast attack rate. i also hardly use pots since the pet keeps the aggro, which is less of a problem than i initially thought: the amount of heal is pretty good.

i am however surprised about how you "can take a few mobs on at a time and no need to use pots". by the time i'm attacked by 2+ monsters at the same time, all i can do is run away and send the pet in to keep them from me, else i'd be dead in less than 10secs. what about your stats? my: 1,5 str / 0,5 dex / 0 vit / 2 int per level. lateron probably more int to wear the best weapon available, guess ill have to go with a lower level heavy armor eventually.

now i have the stats to wear lvl 6 armor with min requierments since im working on getting my int up for the tt60 wep. but once you get leech youll see how it works. you prob already have the lvl 2 fox form. if you have your current heavy armor you will have more if not the same armor as your pet magmite.
    when fighting various mobs you do want to send in your pet 1st, then quickly use your befudding mist. (reccomend you focus on this more than fox whallop) the acc loss the mobs suffer lower the dmg you and your pet will take. once you do your 1st mist attack you need to reposition yourself so you have the mobs in front of you. some mobs do move to attack you.
    when you get leech and soul transfusion, you want to use mist and leech. allow your pet to tank one while your dmging them and healing yourself back.

now when dealing with magic mobs you want to take them as priority. phisical mobs shouldnt do much dmg to make you worry. oh and always keep brable guard up. out of caster and fox, we get the most benifit of it since we will get hit.
    we have a very fast attack rate of 1.25 with magic swords and glaves. avoid palakas as they have a 1.00 atack rate and wands are to weak.
    if your doing the 5str, 1 dex and 4 mag every 2 lvls build. i do reccomend you stop your str at 102, and dex at 24. then for your lvl 40 armor set attempt to get armor with minimum requirements reduced. i have found a full 3 star set with 3 slots on em and min requirement reduced. once you have your lvl 40 armor set focus on your mag. you wanna push it to atleast 180 before hitting 60.
    dont worry about lvl 50 armor as at lvl 59 we get our lvl 3 fox form pushing our amour to 120% more. once you get your tt wep then work on str and dex till you get it where you need it to be.
    at lvl 48 i have 5870 armor in fox.

you want slotted armor for hp shards. attempt to get items that give you mag to help you get a good wep to lvl with until you get to 60. So far i got enough int to use my 3 star dharma sword.

remember, melee mastery should be maxed every time you get it. befudding mist will be your primary attack due to the acc debuff. when you get leech you lvl that every time it shows up. also bramble guard.

oh just noticed your aiming for a different build than i am. in your case you really want to focus on looking for minimum requirement armor. keep browsing the aution house alot. lvl 40 armor and up becomes abundant. so keep checking and try to meet alteast the min requirements.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    but seriously your just trolling just like ive seen many of your other posts on different threads. you assume you know so much because your what, lvl 77

Yes, read my other posts and believe that I'm trolling! Clearly I'm the one making assumptions ROFL
    well Now your trolling b:chuckle After reading your post you just proved to me you know NOTHING about fox form. NOTHING.

you proved to everyone you didnt even try the build. cuz you got bored.

one thing metbolic boost and the mp equivalent are what cast every 303 sec. situational may i say. i can get out of my fox n cast it if i must. so what.
    soul transfusion is used in both forms. PROVING you have no idea or even played fox builds.
    also leech which heals the fox and do dmg. which means i can soul transfusion, to regain mana and heal myself back up. or use simply heal myself every 8 sec compared to that 303 sec cast time.

let me point somthing else out. stop comparing a normal casting spell with a spark ability. compare it with the equivalent of the spell.
    noxious gas is an aoe spell. compare it to befuddling mist which is the fox cone aoe ability( you need to get the targets infront of you which is wasy to manuver after practicing a bit) gas cost about double the amount than mist. and mist can be cast twice before gas is aval for casting again. so point for point they will do about the same amount of dmg in the same timeframe for about the same mana, only that mist has to be used twice. also a 70% acc debuff on all the mobs you hit ensures you get hit for much less vs melee mobs. (gas has a 2.5 channel time 0.8 cast time 8 sec cooldown. Mist has a0.7 channel time0.5 cast time and 3 sec cooldown. which means over time mist can be cast constaly more than gas )
    The spark ability is more for pvp than for pve.
    your lvl 77 and you DIDNT know this. omg.

but seriously your just trolling just like ive seen many of your other posts on different threads. you assume you know so much because your what, lvl 77 however you didnt know nothing about any of the foxes skills having the skill list ingame. damn you could at least checked it before retorting to my post.

oh and bramble guard last how long.. YEAHHH 10 min so i can cast it and go to fox form.
    the only skill i will brable hood will force me out of fox form, but guess what i still can soak dmg and while im waiting for my cooldown i can cast one of my situational metabolic boost skills then go back into fox.

casters get 6 real spells to cast, fox gets 10.

seriously what are you trying to point out. this thread is about the fox builds and people wanting to go that direction. what do you want to prove? theres a reason people want to try these builds, because prob they want to be different from the masses of caster venos out there. Go elsewhere and troll.

Way to get butthurt over a build. I just came to this thread to look for some stats but I notice that the foxes have suddenly decided they can level as fast as arcane builds.

Some advice for the future though- "the only skill i will brable hood will force me out of fox form" - If you're going to try and make out like you're this build expert and you're proving me wrong so well, try not to fail at english in the process.

I'm going to stop posting here because your stupid assumptions are making me want to troll you, so you can stop typing out essays now b:bye
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well, it took some time (I wanted to lvl my barb a bit, exams, etc) but I think its time for a little report. But first, I would like to try to cool down the 2 arguing veno's: To be honest, I don't really care which type of veno is the best. There's more than only 1 way that leads to Rome. The main reasons I like to lvl a foxform veno is because I don't find any pleasure in ranged combat, and I like the untamed race. I have a barb that only goes tigerform, and I'm curious to see how a fox does on that. I'm not interested in lvling as fast as possible, this veno is a sort of experiment, and for me the whole game is just for fun. I don't have the ambition of becoming the best player in this game, or to get to lvl 90 in a few months. If you want to discus which type is better, fine with me, both of you gave some interesting info. But please try to respect eachothers point of view and be a bit nicer. b:sad

To get to the report, I've reached lvl 24 and have 2 attack skills and 2 active curses and melee mastery lvl2. I'm quite happy with the result of my build: 5str, 1dex, 4int every 2 lvls. I also found 2 (land)pets I like: I still have the tauroc (I'll get the lvl27 tauroc to compare) and I've added a rhinodrake megallith (might become a tectonic). I use my rhinodrake on magic mobs like the ghouls or fireguys, and my tauroc for all other mobs. I believe the lvl27 tauroc has though in additionnal on my current tauroc, so that would be the reason to change, and then teach boost (I like that skill on my rhinodrake). I think my tauroc will be perfect with these 4 skills (bash, pierce, though, boost). I also think my tauroc looks kind a cool next to the little fox b:chuckle My rhinodrake seems ok with its current skills, and I won't have any coins to get 2 skills before lvl30 anyway

As for the damage, I'm not disappointed at all. Sure, 1 hit isn't that much in terms of damage, but the attack rate is super fast. Allowing to build up chi very fast, which should help later on. On top of that, there is the pets damage, and pierce/threaten that also benefits for my own attacks. If I cast pierce/threaten as a starter, the mob is gone before the effect is over. And that's pretty fast in my opinion, because if I use devour with my barb I won't make it before it's over.

Out of the 4 skills I have, I believe 1 is pretty useless (at least till now in PvE), and that's purge. It takes a lot of mana, quite some channeling/casting, and has a long cooldown. Normal mobs (at least till lvl44) never have more than 1 buff, and usually it's only activated when they are already halfway dead. The other active curse however (just got it, but also used it in quests) is really great. The amplify damage has a longer cooldown, but I can perfectly alternate with my pets pierce/threaten. I also expected this skill to be more expensive, but it isn't, only 39 mana.
    Both active attack skills are pretty good to: both have add on damage, short channeling/casting/cooldown, and arn't to expensive to cast. I would have prefered to learn them the other way around though. Fox wallop does some nice damage, but the increase channeling effect only starts to take importance at lvl21 with the ghouls. (really effective on the ghouls btw, my pet only gets diseased once at a maximum) The hexmist spell is my favorite, and I use it all the time. I first was a bit sceptic on the decrease accuracy part, but I really notice a difference on my or my pets healt bar. It also allows you to survive without pots with 3 mobs. I don't think I can take on more though, cause 3 is a near dead phase.

I also met another veno of my lvl that goes pure fox (it's her first character, and see didn't inform on the forum like me), and we've been questing together. We also discussed a bit on the build, etc. She uses a golem (I guess I'm even more excentric as she is b:chuckle) and has a lynxus. She seems to prefer the fox wallop over the hexmist and likes to cast bramble guard befor turning in to foxform, but on the rest we are have the same point of view on the fox veno.

Don't hesitate on asking me for any details. b:victory
    edited February 2009
    5 str, 1 dex and 4 mag is basicly what im aimed for. i mostly use my golem as a pet due to its high dmg and high mana regen. i also am starting to add skills to it.

bramble is a nice help when taking on more than 1 mob. As i mentioned before beffuding mist is great for more than 1 mob due to its accuracy debuff on the mobs.
    yeah purge isnt good unless your fighting an elite that does buff its own str up. wait till you get fox forum lvl 2 and leech. then your really gonna have fun.
    now i would advise you try to get 180 before lvl 60. the tt wep will drasticly improve your fox melee dmg. you can stop your str at 102 and dex at 24 and get lvl 40 armor with stat reductions on em. this will hold till lvl 60 + as you get another fox fourm lvl giving you the 120% armor increase. once you have the wep , one again focus on str n dex to improve your armor.
    edited February 2009
    Yes, read my other posts and believe that I'm trolling! Clearly I'm the one making assumptions ROFL

Way to get butthurt over a build. I just came to this thread to look for some stats but I notice that the foxes have suddenly decided they can level as fast as arcane builds.

Some advice for the future though- "the only skill i will brable hood will force me out of fox form" - If you're going to try and make out like you're this build expert and you're proving me wrong so well, try not to fail at english in the process.

I'm going to stop posting here because your stupid assumptions are making me want to troll you, so you can stop typing out essays now b:bye

Your the one who comes up and claims fox cannot compete lvling quickly. Your the one trying to make a claim that they cannot when you have never lvling up to high lvls to prove it.
    Your just hurt since you didnt even know what skills can be used in fox form at your lvl so you have to quickly retort at me by missing 1 letter in a word. so i phail at inglish cuz i missed 1 lettr . and well you fail at your class for not even knowing what abilites your class has and how they can be used . and your lvl 77 lawl.
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If I cast pierce/threaten as a starter, the mob is gone before the effect is over.

Threaten o.o?

The skill description is wrong. o.o It lowers physical attack instead of defense. ... What that means for magic damage from mobs... idk. XD
  • Danni - Heavens Tear
    Danni - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I love the internet.

"Yeah well I'm running out of points to try and argue with you on that I can have a shot at winning so I'm going to bring spelling into this."
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Threaten o.o?

The skill description is wrong. o.o It lowers physical attack instead of defense. ... What that means for magic damage from mobs... idk. XD

I guess thats the main reason I prefered my Tauroc till now b:chuckle I feel really stupid right now b:surrender Thanks for clearing things up for me. It doesn't change that the rhinodrake is more effective against mag mobs ...

I would also like to ask something to Xchandra. Something is bothering me from the beginning, and I can't really get the answer. You might know it though. Do str points have any effect on the fox's damage? Or does the damage comes from the weapon only (and other equipment)? I would like to know, since my barb now has a lvl40 armor with -15% requirement in his inventory.
    edited February 2009
    I guess thats the main reason I prefered my Tauroc till now b:chuckle I feel really stupid right now b:surrender Thanks for clearing things up for me. It doesn't change that the rhinodrake is more effective against mag mobs ...

I would also like to ask something to Xchandra. Something is bothering me from the beginning, and I can't really get the answer. You might know it though. Do str points have any effect on the fox's damage? Or does the damage comes from the weapon only (and other equipment)? I would like to know, since my barb now has a lvl40 armor with -15% requirement in his inventory.

Str does contribue to your dmg , however a better wep will add much more. what this means if a veno goes full str with a bit of mag to use a low lvl magic wep, they will have much less dmg than a veno that opts to get the strongest wep aval to them while getting decent heavy armor.
    reason: our melee mastery gives us a percentage to our wep dmg. so the better the wep is the bigger the benefit.Str can only go so far .

http://forum.perfectworld.com.my/viewtopic.php?t=8634

this thread (read it all) will explain in more detail about it.look at the pics posted on page 2. one person is using a build catering more to str than int. shes lvl 56 on that pic. compared to me just hitting lvl 49. i have only 104 str. but my int is 143 i have a 3star glave and my wep dmg is 70 points more and my magic dmg is 600 points more.
    infact just compare the pic of the original poster. he has the tt60 wep , even if vivien puts 8 lvls worth of str she will never achive the amount of dmg the op has.

when i found this built, it really interested me . i was working at 1st on a 5 str, 1 dex and 4 mag every 2 lvl build. but this one adding more int to get better weps proved to be more effective.

now another thing you need to take into consideration with weps. do not get patakas. they are the slowest weps for a fox veno. magic swords or glaves give you 1.25 attack and both have similar dmg as the pataka (patakas has more low end and a bit more high end). The problem with patakas is they have a 1.0 attack speed so they do less dmg over time which is not good for a fox veno.

i do hope this helps. but basicly your adding str for your armor. it does increase your dmg also but higher lvl wep> str
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Thanks Xchandra! All post really helped. Of course I have a barb at lvl44 (so I guess you can't call me a noob anymore), but when I started my veno I really had no idea of what build to go. Light armor or heavy armor, max out the armor or the weapon, etc. I essentielly went for the 5str, 1dex because I'm a barb player and was a bit scared by low hp. I also noticed that both melee mastery and foxform go to a 120% bonus, so I thought "better do 1 thing good, rather than have 2 average". I think I'll try to get low requirement gear from lvl 30 on, to see how that works out. I noticed I'm actually taking less hits then expected. (not used to have repair bills of only 200 :p)

Another practical question: How is the spirit from lvl30 to 40. I know with my barb I had a lot of trouble choosing the right skills to keep up to date. If I focus on the foxpart of the skill tree (and pet heal, soul transfusion, etc), will I have enough SP to keep everything on the right lvl? If not, I can already start saving SP on purge and maybe pet tame and pet revive.
    Do you also have some good suggestions on pets? I like to tame them just to look at stats and compare. I'm really glad with my tauroc, my rhino is ok for mag mobs (you might know a better one). Don't know what to get for under water or in the air yet ...
    edited February 2009
    the sp will suffer the same from lvl 30 and on. so here is where your going to have to choose the skills that matter most.
    sould transfusion is only 1 lvl so when you get it your good. befudding hexmist is a primary due to the acc debuff . work on fox whallop when you can. yes your pet heal is a primary. you dont need to worry about pet tame skill. and revive is up to you. as you lvl it it consumes less mana and reduces the time to rez your pet. ( i even tank dmg as i rez my pet XD)
    dont worry much about your spark skill. you wont use it much due to soul trasfusion consuming 100 chi. once you get your leech skill. this also becomes a priority. DO not spend sp on metobolic boost and the mana equivalent. you wont use these as soon as you get leech. keep em at lvl 1 . later on youll get a skill that gives you mana for hp. so you will use it in together with leech. Max out melee mastery every time it pops up . it is not till lvl 80+ where you can catch up on all your skills.
    omg i almost forgot about bramble guard. you want to lvl this when you can. Basicly when you get to like lvl 44 on you can only afford 1 skill per lvl. this is ok as you will eventually max out a skill here and there.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    I guess my own vision wasn't all that far from your advice. I actually wasn't even planning on getting lvl1 from metabolic boost. Thinking that it would be the same for all classes when it comes to SP. My barb also gets like 1 skill a lvl by now, but lvl29 to 39 was really horrible for skills (tons of new ones and new lvls of old skills).
    The only skill I've learned for humanoide form is bramble guard. You say to max it after hexmist, leech and wallop, but I still have my doubts on that ... It only lasts 10 minutes (compared to beastking's inspiration which lasts 30 min, that's really short), and if you take the cost of mana in account (113 on lvl2 plus 2 times 30 for form changing). I was thinking the amplify damage skill would be more usefull. Since you can also cast it ranged, it could be usefull in spamheal situations. I guess the answers for my playing style will come with the lvls. Same goes for pet revive. Untill now I've never been in the need to use it so I only have lvl1. On the other hand, it doesn't cost much SP, so I'll just lvl it when the need comes.

I'll tell the other fox veno I've mett to take a look at this thread. Might give her some ideas for her own build.
    edited February 2009
    While bramble guard only lasts 10 min, shifting out every now and then doesnt hurt. Now i normally do it in condenced mob areas where i want to take more than 1 mob at a time. Now this is a blessing when you have run away mobs running into melee mobs. it also returns more dmg that what your hit for (im wondering how its calculated on what will be returned back to the enemy)
    as for amplify dmg i have that at lvl 3 . the next lvls dont raise the amount of armor that will be reduced and at lvl 3 it stays for 9.5 sec. this does allow you to dish out a slew of skills and lets you use your pet skills (my golem has 3 dmg skills so i do click on the ones that are not auto) Now this is a skill that is situational. it does take a while to cast, and casting it from afar gives you no benifit since you still have to run to the mob losing valuable time to do more dmg. its bad to use on run away mobs as you spend time chasing them down.
    Now it works a charm on mobs with increased defence and increased life. oh and elite mobs. Using it on reg mobs will just slow you down.

oh and taking both the hp and mp skills is not bad to have at lvl 1. when my bramble guard goes out i tend to shift. cast bramble, then both of the healing and mana spells as i wait for my foxform cooldown.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    it also returns more dmg that what your hit for (im wondering how its calculated on what will be returned back to the enemy)

Maybe that's calculated befor the armor is taken into account? It might take the brute damage, determine the damage to return, and then takes into account the mobs phys def. Since you're wearing heavy armor, damage is reduced way more for you than for the mob. Just an idea though ...

I guess I have enough info for the following lvls. I'll just try some skills, and I'll see wether I like them or not. I must say the stunning blow also seems nice. If the site I checked (ecatomb) is correct, it has the highest add-on damage and can freeze the mob. I'll just check it out at lvl 29.

b:thanks thanks for the info, all of you people.
  • Danni - Heavens Tear
    Danni - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Amplify damage is a wonderful skill to have during TT runs. On the bosses, damage gets cut by 75%, it doesn't make up for all of it of course, but on a boss with that much hp, it'll save a good chunk of time. So I'd advise having it as high as possible once 60 rolls around if you plan on doing it.