EVENT: GM Meet N' Greet this Friday (Jan. 9, 4 p.m. Pacific)!

dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Perfect World Entertainment is proud to present the first ever GM Meet 'N Greet Event! If you've never seen a GM in-game before, now's your chance!

On Friday, January 9th, at 4:00pm Pacific time, GMs will be present on all three servers to chat with players, show off upcoming boutique items (who wants to see new mounts?), and field your questions. The GMs will also be playing mini-games and giving out small prizes to players who show a positive attitude.

If you've ever tossed and turned at night pondering Ironman's favorite 'NKOTB' member or what Grimli's favorite sandwich (besides turkey) is now is the time to make these GM's sweat it out with your tough questions!

The location of each GM will be revealed just prior to 4 p.m. on each respective server. So come on by and get to know your friendly neighborhood GM!

Lost City = GM Ironman
Sanctuary = GM Grimli
Heaven's Tear = GM Xarfox
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Good idea Gm's this one's gonna be big = )
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    hope Ironman would stay out of SZ...then we can enjoy the pk like last time b:chuckle
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If you thought the snowmen countinuous talking was tiresome, imagine a few hundred players all packed into one tiny space all talking together asking thing to the GMs....

The idea in itself is interresting, but I'm afraid it will not work very well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have never heard of GM Grimli. And I thought I knew them all =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I hope they can multitask well, I mean one GM dealing with countless players per server? That's gotta make 'em sweat as it is. <_<
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • SpikeyBoy - Heavens Tear
    SpikeyBoy - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    hmm this is pretty coolb:laugh
  • Qwin - Sanctuary
    Qwin - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Oh Boy just one more sleep till GM meet 'N' greet I can hardly wait! I'm going to go and bye some fancy new clothes for this special occasion. It might just be me but I really wanted to meet GM Dvorak but I guess he's just to cool to hang out with the likes of us b:sad
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Qwin you aren't the only one. I would still love to "kill" GM Kantorek!b:cry But he is afraid of me and hiding! b:angry And everytime I mention it he starts crying! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Qwin you aren't the only one. I would still love to "kill" GM Kantorek!b:cry But he is afraid of me and hiding! b:angry And everytime I mention it he starts crying! b:victory

Why me!?!? b:cry
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    kantorek wrote: »
    Why me!?!? b:cry

Because you are a wimp! b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kemeko_san - Sanctuary
    Kemeko_san - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    This is gonna be one major lag fest
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    With great power, comes great responsibility...b:laugh
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • kayasakura
    kayasakura Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    How about Jonathan Beliss? will he ever show "Legendary Presence" on His Creation?b:laugh..The game in other words..=p
  • Carial - Sanctuary
    Carial - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    When will the "Where" be posted?
    Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream. Edgar Alan Poe
  • Mistree - Heavens Tear
    Mistree - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'll be shocked if its not Pierced Heart Lake since every other event has been there. Just a little advice for any who havent been to an event before. Turn all your settings down. Even on top end pc's this is normally enough to drop you to 1fps if people go casting and moving around alot.
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The locations will be announced by each GM exactly at 4 p.m. when they arrive to their respective servers. We've asked the GM's to select locations that can be accessed by all users.

15 minutes to go!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Make sure to ask about the charm packs.

/flee!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Sawmill - Lost City
    Sawmill - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Dvorak wrote: »
    The locations will be announced by each GM exactly at 4 p.m. when they arrive to their respective servers. We've asked the GM's to select locations that can be accessed by all users.

15 minutes to go!

The thought of over hundreds of people crammed into a certian area amuses me... and the thought of walking 1 step per 4 minutes... its not worth it... un less the gm decides to fly away and meet me somewhere else >.>b:bye
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    kayasakura wrote: »
    How about Jonathan Beliss? will he ever show "Legendary Presence" on His Creation?b:laugh..The game in other words..=p

Unless Jonathan Beliss is living in China, I doubt he is the creator of this game b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    Kaelis - Heavens Tear Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    hmm Kantorek got lucky in our first duel he hit me for 401k b:sad

but then when i was prepared he wouldn't duel again

Sihndra i did beat but she doesn't have gm stuff :/ so I took of my weapon and chased her for few minutes to punch her. Couldn't catch her though so had to cheat and freeze her b:chuckle

Never got a shout out or a question answered though b:sad but thank you gms was fun event. Was thinking it was going to be bad since everyone just stood on you on mounts at the on top of you so nobody else could pm you but was fun in the end b:victory
  • Mistree - Heavens Tear
    Mistree - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Im glad we got a sneak peak at the untamed mounts. I kinda feel sorry for the other races that didnt get to see their mounts. Despite the lag issues I think the GM's did a good job with this. (though not sure what the minigame was).

I do however think the players are what hurt this greatly. Swarming into the air and following the GM around everywhere just kinda messed the thing up a bit by making a huge wall of old flying mounts. I would recomend that next time the GM's should try making everyone sit on the ground or something. I know there will always be those who cant listen, but still it might help a bit. I did notice a large number of people got off the flying mounts when asked too.

Over all Im glad we got to see what we did. Thanks GM's
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Okay, so.........

Do we know the full list of mounts and aerogear released yet? All I saw were a couple new Untamed aerogears and one mount (or rather, the rear end of it). Did anyone get decent screenshots of anything?

I'm really looking for pictures of two things: (1) new wings, and (2) that white fox mount thing. #2 is particularly important... does anyone know if we're going to see that this year? ...or ever? -_-

EDIT: Thanks to Kantorek for answering my stupid question (the one about Dr. Pepper). It's too bad they quite clearly couldn't answer any questions about CS stuff though. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    Kaelis - Heavens Tear Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Kantorek didn't have dragonfly though that's the only one I wanted :/

But he had phoenix and crow and ones that looked like crow but different colour
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    It was chaotic, which was kinda fun. But still I ended up wasting a bit of money and time for nothing....other than getting to see two GMs I don't remember seeing before.
    Non-mule alts:

• kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Thanks everyone for coming out to meet me! Xarfox couldn't be here today so I had to fill in. I had fun being chased around! Shout out to Heaven's Tear! b:chuckle
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    So what exactly were all the new mounts? I was busy doing things elsewhere in the game world so I couldn't see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    I was wondering why I saw kantorek and not Xarfox. :P

Last event I had fun chasing Peril around. b:laugh
    Non-mule alts:

• KLAYTEN - Lost City
    KLAYTEN - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i hated the GM event so much every body was crowded next time please fix it i couldent c iornman or the mounts
    blog.chinoyray.com/.../2008/08/clip-image004.gif
  • Ticklefruit - Sanctuary
    Ticklefruit - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I gotta say that this event was truly the highlight of my week, month perhaps and certainly for the year (thus far). yeah i've been having a real **** week. lots of drama i don't need to get into so i was really looking forwards to a nice wholesome activity like this to get my mind off of the troubles thats been weighing heavily on me as of late.

yes it was crazy out there but wow it was so much fun. It was awesome getting to see the actual characters next to the names of various forum personalities that I've learned to know (somewhat) over the past 6 weeks just reading these boards. the world chat had plenty of lols and the GMs seemed really into it which really gave it all a healthy vibe.

thank you PWI and to all the GMs for taking your friday night to interact with us.

love you all!
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I saw three wings for the elves before i logged off

gmwingxw2.jpg

wings02.jpg

and what may have been these, couldnt get close but i know it was colorful

flyingbutterfly2.jpg

and for the mount i think it may have been the wolf from the main page of screenshots
This discussion has been closed.