The Goldbars RIPOFF

2»

Comments

• Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear
    Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    People always overprice items that they sell. Been that way on all multiplayer online games for years. Why? One word says it all...

Greed.
    Jayde_Videl - lvl 6x venomancer - Heavens Tear
    RainbowVidel - lvl 3x venomancer - Sanctuary
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Also, your cat shop vanishes when you sell your last item, and some people might want to try to prevent that from happening.
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I don't see how mispricing items or jackin up item prices are considered a scam, it is the buyer's responsibility to be aware of what they're buying. As for buyin for cheap and reselling for high, i again do not see this as a scam. People are aware that the shops are buying and selling at different prices, if you do not wish to sell or purchase from them because of this, then don't.
  • Ormenelle - Heavens Tear
    Ormenelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    To Exelfine and others : I do not think mankind is like that ; I do know from personal experience that mankind is utter ****. Yet I'll go on upholding what I think is just and good, if only not to sink to 'their' level, but the trust and faith is gone forever.

I sincerely hope you never go across hardships, because even your own family will prey on you. And if it happens, keep in mind Winston Churchill's words :

'' If you find yourself going through Hell - KEEP GOING. ''

~oOo~

As for the market issues, damn, you only have to check half a dozen shops around you to compare prices, how is that complicated ? I cannot count the times I made a profit by buying a bulk of mats in some shop just to resell them the shop next door 100-500 coins more each. CHECK PRICES. THINK. Humanity have been granted the powers of memory and intelligence, use them.
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    To Exelfine and others : I do not think mankind is like that ; I do know from personal experience that mankind is utter ****.

I beg to disagree to this generalization, because it includes you and me and many decent folks who would go out of their way to help other people.
    I sincerely hope you never go across hardships, because even your own family will prey on you.

Don't worry, I have been across hardships, that's what life is about and I also know a lot about family predators, don't worry.

The real issue is: what brings the worst out of people? Misery, injustice and indifference. Greed is only the expression of an abysmal void that can only be filled with love and money becomes the symbol for love in our capitalistic societies.
    As for the market issues, damn, you only have to check half a dozen shops around you to compare prices, how is that complicated ? I cannot count the times I made a profit by buying a bulk of mats in some shop just to resell them the shop next door 100-500 coins more each. CHECK PRICES. THINK. Humanity have been granted the powers of memory and intelligence, use them.

This has nothing to do with greed but opportunity. As mentioned earlier, if some players are too lazy to check prices for themselves and are willing to pay, that's their responsibility, no one else's.

On the other hand, I tried to do a price check myself with players around me 'cause I had an item to sell and I was totally clueless on its value. Do you multiply the price the NPC would give you by 3 to get to a fair amount? I'm not so sure.

The other day, I bought a gem from the Jewelcrafter for 60,000 coins (a huge mistake, but that's another story). Selling it back to an NPC only brought me 850 coins. Quite a lesson.

I think maybe there should be a guide here in the forum on ingame item pricing/trading, it would be usefull to those of us who don't want to become scammers.
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    Leaderalan - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What drops gold bars?
    All they have to do is edit the name of te item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What drops gold bars?
    All they have to do is edit the name of te item.

Bad necro, BAD b:angry b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    why the hell do people keep reviving 2-3 month old threads my god...
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    why the hell do people keep reviving 2-3 month old threads my god...
    It seems to have become a hobby of some people lately...
  • Madijon - Lost City
    Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I dont think you should ban them, its a game, its not real, I've been scammed before and you know what now i know better. In reguards to ppl pricing 4 of 5 crazy stones one price and the 5th alot more, it may be on purpose if its that way everyday, but if its just one day give the guy benefit of the doubt. I've accidntly put 4000 on things i wanted 40000 and didnt reallize it till after it sold. I've also put the things I wanted to buy in the selling etc,... I have kids and get in a hurry sometimes. Would you ban me for making those mistakes? I hope not or it would be a pretty empty perfect world.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well if it's intentional with human greed as the cause..

You should be slapped, pwned... and if you keep doing this stupid thing to poor noobs who are actually more pro than you. Yes, noobs are more pro than you...
    Then you should be banned because your greed has gone up your ****.

If it's accidental... better not do it again.

Come on.. those noobs are like poor as hell. I don't get much excitement robbing the noobs of their materials for unfair prices like 100 coin each. Unless I made a mistake in the cat shop lol... But yea, at least charge like 50% market price or something... I mean, 10% is just way too lame.

P.S. Sadness Cards say it sells for 1 coin... so price them at 1 coin. If any higher... <.<.. *raises fist*
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Weyrewulf - Heavens Tear
    Weyrewulf - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It's hard to tell if people are doing it accidentally or on purpose - but just out of curiosity, how would you describe a case like this?

During the Jolly Old Jones event a month back, when you'd get beautiful shards from the gift boxes, the price would be around 120k for the beautiful citrine.

And then you'd have one or two unethical players shouting "B.Citrine for 60K", and advertising their catshops as that, but they were selling BLEMISHED Citrine. I would consider that a scam, and my friends and I (legitimate sellers) would shout out in the trade chat not to be fooled by XXX player who was taking advantage of the event (and of people's lack of time to check everything) to sell something for over 50 times its worth.