Report New Forum Design Bugs Here Please

darthpanda16
darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Support Desk
Note from Surtr: If your avatar is displaying the wrong level/class/race, please submit a ticket to customer support. Thanks.

Please post screenshots in JPG format here, and/or describe any issues that you encounter.

Please tell us:

Which version of your web browser are you using and which one?

Which OS are you using?

What screen resolution is your display?

Are you viewing it full screen or windowed in your browser?

Thanks!b:pleased
Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
Post edited by darthpanda16 on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well, I can't make heads nor tails of the icons. Screen:
    newforumdesignkq7.jpg
    The red circles show the icons. I have absolutely no clue what they're supposed to mean, aside from the lock button. They're not there to show new posts or own posts, cause then some other threads should have them too. They don't.
    Blue circles indicate threads I posted in. I liked how easy it was to track the threads I posted in, but now I can't even see those.

I'm no good with technical stuff, so I dunno about those specifications, sorry. Just look at the image, it's the entire screen, not just the browser.

Edit:After posting this, it should have become obvious that showing images on this layout is horrible. They stretch way too far out of the post, this only happened with really large images in the previous design.

Edit edit: And the text gets stretched if the image is too large.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    @Amiris,

Can you post that the way you did before so that we can show the ones working on the forums the issues?

Thanks
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Horizontal Stretching is... problematic. <STRIKE>Sorry, Amiris, but for readability purposes I'm turning that into a link for now. Link of how it looked before here</STRIKE>. EDIT: Okay, nevermind, live is preferable.

The thread here seems to work reliably for live testing. Occurs in Firefox 3, does not occur in IE7 or Chrome.

Private Message reply seems to be either hard to find or invisible, as is Compose New PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Okay, here, I assume this is what you meant:

Well, I can't make heads nor tails of the icons. Screen:
    newforumdesignkq7.jpg
    The red circles show the icons. I have absolutely no clue what they're supposed to mean, aside from the lock button. They're not there to show new posts or own posts, cause then some other threads should have them too. They don't.
    Blue circles indicate threads I posted in. I liked how easy it was to track the threads I posted in, but now I can't even see those.

I'm no good with technical stuff, so I dunno about those specifications, sorry. Just look at the image, it's the entire screen, not just the browser.

Edit:After posting this, it should have become obvious that showing images on this layout is horrible. They stretch way too far out of the post, this only happened with really large images in the previous design.

Edit edit: And the text gets stretched if the image is too large.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    Hey Gattsuru,

We need him to have it as originally posted, so that we can show the ones working on the forums right now.

thanks! :)
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    You're confusing me with your edits of my post. What's the point of my second post now? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gattsuru
    edited December 2008
    <.< -.-

Make me look like a bit of a twerp with slow digits, I think. Sorry about that, Amiris, darthpanda16.

Issue does not persist in Opera 9.63.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Ah, also, you've removed the little dots showing whether the person was online. I liked those, helped me when I needed to send a pm.
    Edit: It shows up in account info page, but not on the forums themself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Amiris is right it was nice to know when people are online. Also when I try to click on "Quote" now it won't do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Quote button confirmed not to work here as well.
    Also, on the PM page, it's not possible to open the dropdown window to show messages other than those in the inbox. The only one that does work is the boxed one, Jump to folder.
    Edit: Multiquote down as well.
    Edit edit: NONE of the dropdown windows work. Above this post are the Thread tools, Search this Thread, Rate thread, Display Modes. NONE work.
    Edit edit edit: Search dropdown box confirmed not to work either.
    Edit x4: Search itself doesn't work either. Apparently, nothing that has an option to open a dropdown window works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nevdemo - Sanctuary
    Nevdemo - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    scsxplforumbug01se8.jpg

I confirm all the bugs mentioned by Amiris, and yeah, I miss the online dot as well.

Plus, I'd like to add the following: I'm on a laptop, 1280*800 px and latest Firefox. Now when I visit a topic, I have to scroll down to see the text because there's a large gap between the header and the actual post. This doesn't happen in the Forum Index, only inside posts or "New Post" search.
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Correct, the spacing is a lot larger. This is not particulary bothersome though, but something worth mentioning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gattsuru
    edited December 2008
    The drop-down menus are working for me in : Firefox 3.0.4, Internet Explorer 7 x64, Chrome, and Opera. Are Javascript dependent -- do you have that enabled? Multiquote is actually working, but the image doesn't update. Quote does not seem to forward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    edited December 2008
    shnuggles is still bugged for me I can not access his info which is frustrating when you just want to send him a pm. Fix him please. Also would be nice to be able to send messages by just clicking on a button like "Write new message".

Edit: I would like to be able to colour threads with like announcements in it (example Maintainence) even if that is only possible for Moderators and Administrators.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Multiquote works now, I can click the button then press reply and the quotes will be there. The button does NOT update when clicked though, it's supposed to show multi-off.

My javascript is enabled. I've discovered what it's doing and will edit this post after uploading a screenshot.
    Edit: Multiquote only works half the time for some reason. Edited: Scratch that, I simply can't multiquote myself.
    Edit edit: Here's the screen. Url given for readability purposes.
    http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/5196/searchtabjq3.jpg

As you can see, the dropdown window appears, but way below the actual button. This happens with every non-boxed dropdown window, including font color selection when posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    Can some of you guys post images in various formats and sizes (resolutions)? In new posts :)

And then leave those posts alone. Please make new posts in this thread.

Like a GIF, JPG or PNG.

Also, if anyone happens to have a screenshot of the old forums with large images being resized to fit within the forum margins, that would rock.

Thanks!
  • gattsuru
    edited December 2008
    Sorry about that.

Static_GIF
    Untitled.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, Gattsuru. But
    please put them back up when you can.

Maybe separate posts.
  • gattsuru
    edited December 2008
    PNG
    100_sized.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gattsuru
    edited December 2008
    JPG
    Untitled.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gattsuru
    edited December 2008
    Moving GIF at this link.

Smaller PNG
    50_sized.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gattsuru
    edited December 2008
    Oversized PNG
    125_sized.png
    Oversized JPG
    125_sized.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    irnfgtcrvk.jpg
  • aryannamage
    edited December 2008
    Don't know if someone is playing around a bit but at times threads with new posts are still bold and at other times they are not. Reloaded the page here in tech support a minute ago and though beforehand 7 threads were bold next minute they were not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    edited December 2008
    Also found this from another user.
    Ok, now the thread listing is more readable, thks.

But the thread themselve are now harder to read... too many boxes and lines in there I think...

Would be more rreadable if you would could fuse together the message box and the reply button box. So we would have one box with our avatar, and another one with the messages and buttons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    don't Know If Someone Is Playing Around A Bit But At Times Threads With New Posts Are Still Bold And At Other Times They Are Not. Reloaded The Page Here In Tech Support A Minute Ago And Though Beforehand 7 Threads Were Bold Next Minute They Were Not.
    also Found This From Another User.

Testing Quote
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Did you guys break the forums?

The quote button itself does not work, and seems to act like the multi-quote. I click on quote, nothing happens, I click on post reply and all the people I tried to quote are suddenly quote stacked.

As for the images, they stretch into a white zone, and any posts in the reply area with just text are stretched to fit the resolution of the posted images. The actual post that is within the range of the forum has a post box stretched to the same resolution as the images.

I am using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox and my resolution is 1280x1024.

And from a design standpoint, I liked the previous one a lot better. Could of just expanded its functionality.

Edit: Ok, you fixed the quote button.
  • aryannamage
    edited December 2008
    Is it just me or are there no numbers on the posts now so we can't show them through a link in another thread now easily?

EDIT: Sorry Amiris ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    shnuggles is still bugged for me I can not access his info which is frustrating when you just want to send him a pm. Fix him please. Also would be nice to be able to send messages by just clicking on a button like "Write new message".

Edit: I would like to be able to colour threads with like announcements in it (example Maintainence) even if that is only possible for Moderators and Administrators.
    Don't know if someone is playing around a bit but at times threads with new posts are still bold and at other times they are not. Reloaded the page here in tech support a minute ago and though beforehand 7 threads were bold next minute they were not.

That's the result when I clicked the quote button on Aryannamage's last post.
    Edit: Second to last post, she posted before me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    Hey guys,

there are no numbers in the top right to reference posts directly. We need it for all of the cross referencing in the forums.
This discussion has been closed.