The Ultimate New Players Guide to Crafting and Harvesting

Comments

• Anarith - Sanctuary
    Anarith - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Awesome!Now I can finally do those quests.o(^_^)O
    Lol,I am lvl 10 already...I was soo lazy to do them,and without knowing the harvesting locations,that was even worse.b:laugh
    Češi,hlaste se!!!
  • LadyBastet - Sanctuary
    LadyBastet - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This guide served me quite well in deciding what color to choose for my outfit. Thank you very much. Excellent job on the colour guide.
  • lostnomad
    lostnomad Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thanks for this guide.

I found some of the location myself, but thanks to you I have all the locations for the Iron mines and tree roots

Herbs are less scarse then mines/tree roots, is this correct?
  • woudedknee
    woudedknee Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    WOW, what a guide, more to come I hope!
  • Egowoman - Lost City
    Egowoman - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well, I found a lot of locations myself and added them to the location guide of my map. But I wish I saw this list earlier. Now I can finally make some more stuff I need from the apothecary.
  • tjmargetts
    tjmargetts Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Great Guide
    Solved my little problem b:laugh
    Thanks
  • adarsha
    adarsha Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    U have done a good job for new bees :)... i am lev 23 on harshlands and developing there... i am learning things in manufacturing especially blacksmith and apocathoryb:laugh
  • maddz0r
    maddz0r Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hey rly nice guide here and it seems u rly put up some hard work for it gz for that but could u pls lemme know why i cant learn lvl 3 tailoring ? i mean i talked to the elder and he didnt have anything else to teach me and i have lvl 2 on 100% tailoring -.- do i have to be lvl 40 or whats the deal? :D ty in advance
  • lilace
    lilace Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Great guide thanks

THANK YOU! But, my blacksmith lvl is 2 now and everytime I make anything the % bar doesn't go up, why is that? Do I need a new/better crafting book? If so, where can I find it?
  • krotin
    krotin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    thanks for the help.
  • Sajik - Harshlands
    Sajik - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I thank you for the work you put into this guide. As a new player to the game the crafting system caught me offguard. Your time and effort was not wasted in making this guide, thank you.
  • Koiama - Sanctuary
    Koiama - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Awesome guide, I was just asking my hubby if he knew of any guides that show specific locations to help with my harvesting.... and tada, there we go. Thank you so much for all of you effort and trouble.
  • Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    what about big mats like high carbon steel i need some cords for that
    "When life gives you arrows give them back ", Divine_Demon b:sin
  • Kregix - Heavens Tear
    Kregix - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    man its taken me entire days to harvest materials. with your guide takes me 10 or 15 mins thanx so much cant wait for something on higher level mats and thanx again!!!
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    OMG great guide!!!
    Thank you SOOOO much for creating this, it has made my farming an ease...=D
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • xtvirusx
    xtvirusx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    u might wanna add this Logs coordinates, found it by luck ^^ and its on the same route as the 3 u have there
    Near City of Plume - Logs - 342 451

b:chuckle
  • Glenglorian - Dreamweaver
    Glenglorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ahhh, thank you!! This guide has answered my basic questions...
    I couldn't find anywhere else whether I could go through with all 4 crafting professions...

Now I know, I am able to do all 4.....crafting has always been a part of MMO's that I like doing, sometimes, just to take a break from the grind or questing or exploring...

Again, thank you for this guide!! :)
  • suezk
    suezk Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    great guide thanks!!
  • CatShadow - Lost City
    CatShadow - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Also certain items you craft at the apothocary will need
    ingredients called Yiyuan stones. These items are made
    from taking armor, weapons, or ornaments and bringing
    them to the appropriate NPC (Blacksmith for Weapons,
    Tailor for Armor, etc.) and picking the option to Decompose
    Weapon, Ornament, etc.

This was a really good guide, but I can't find the option to "Decompose" anything! ><
    I've got an inventory full of dropped armor and weapons, but every Tailor/Blacksmith I've gone to doesn't have the Decompose option. Have I forgotten to do something? Am I doing something wrong?
  • Tabasco - Dreamweaver
    Tabasco - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Also certain items you craft at the apothocary will need
    ingredients called Yiyuan stones. These items are made
    from taking armor, weapons, or ornaments and bringing
    them to the appropriate NPC (Blacksmith for Weapons,
    Tailor for Armor, etc.) and picking the option to Decompose
    Weapon, Ornament, etc.

This was a really good guide, but I can't find the option to "Decompose" anything! ><
    I've got an inventory full of dropped armor and weapons, but every Tailor/Blacksmith I've gone to doesn't have the Decompose option. Have I forgotten to do something? Am I doing something wrong?

You can only decompose items that are at your level of crafting. So if your crafting level is level 2, and the item is crafted at level 3, you can't decompose it.

But regardless, it should still be in the menu. b:victory
  • rockgoddess
    rockgoddess Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thanks so much for this guide. It's made my life as an up-and-coming apothecary master, hehe, much much easier. b:thanks
  • Relina - Dreamweaver
    Relina - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    And again I can't thank you enough for both your pigment and crafting guides. It brings a happy feeling to my heart to know there are amazing people people like you in both PW and in RW. Big HUG!!!! b:cute
  • hagridd
    hagridd Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thank u so so so much,This is so helpful I just can't thank you
  • ellz
    ellz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    im having a bit of problems with manufacturing weopons and armours.
    im a lvl 29 archer and im lvl 1 in both blacksmith and tailer. im about half way through blacksmith, but when i try to ake something it says i have to be lvl 2. But im not lvl 2 blacksmith so i can't make it. I anyone has any ideas on what to do please reply.
  • Tily - Dreamweaver
    Tily - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ellz wrote: »
    im having a bit of problems with manufacturing weopons and armours.
    im a lvl 29 archer and im lvl 1 in both blacksmith and tailer. im about half way through blacksmith, but when i try to ake something it says i have to be lvl 2. But im not lvl 2 blacksmith so i can't make it. I anyone has any ideas on what to do please reply.

this is the way craft works. U start crafting whit lvl 1 (lets say )Talior skill, in the craft window that pops up and u can select what items will u craft there is a small bar that shows u the progress , same as the Exp bar below your MP and HP bar. u have to craft 10 of each items in order to be able to upgrade your craft skill to lvl 2 at the elder of any city. after u got the lvl 2 Talior u will be able to craft lvl 1 or lvl 2 things. Same thing goes for higher lvl's lvl 4 tailor can only craft lvl 1,2,3,4 armours.
    Hope it helped :D
  • VesperBelle - Sanctuary
    VesperBelle - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thanks for the guide, the ingredient locations will be most helpful.
  • reviven
    reviven Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thank you for your helpful guide. I was having the hardest time finding those logs and had searched everywhere... until I read your guide. Thank you! It's so much easier now by using the "target coordinates" feature.
  • Xelea - Heavens Tear
    Xelea - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    um... these only show the location of nooby mats. What no mid. grade or high grade mats.?
    And besides "EtherSword"?? this guid really needs to be updated.. BADLY..
  • CatShadow - Lost City
    CatShadow - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thanks so much, Tabasco! ^^
    Your help is very very much appreciated! =)
  • hoorah
    hoorah Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I made all three of the 2* i needed to make. Gave me the book for lvl 4 craftsman and have 30/30. When i try to buy the lvl 4 book from elder, I get the yes or no if u want to buy book and then it wont let me. What else do i need to do? No quest come up for it.
This discussion has been closed.