• ZuzuHime - Sanctuary
    ZuzuHime - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ok I have ...
    Blacksmith lvl3
    Tailor Lvl 3
    Craftsman Lvl 2
    Apothecary Lvl 3
    ... and I can't seem to lvl my Tailor skill to lvl 4. Do I have to lvl my Craftsman to lvl 3 before lvling the others to 4???
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I read somewhere that you could combine materials such as ragged fur and make it into animal fur. Does anyone know how to do this? I also read something about a Combining Forge...Any info on this too?

We do not have those in the game yet.
    ok I have ...
    Blacksmith lvl3
    Tailor Lvl 3
    Craftsman Lvl 2
    Apothecary Lvl 3
    ... and I can't seem to lvl my Tailor skill to lvl 4. Do I have to lvl my Craftsman to lvl 3 before lvling the others to 4???

You need to be level 50 and do a quest before you can make any of them level 4.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • ZuzuHime - Sanctuary
    ZuzuHime - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ok ty - any info on the quest? I read somewhere I have to buy the apothecary 4 book ...

Also, what is the highest manufacturing lvl? and is anything else required to lvl the skill - i.e. another quest or w/e?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ok ty - any info on the quest? I read somewhere I have to buy the apothecary 4 book ...

Also, what is the highest manufacturing lvl? and is anything else required to lvl the skill - i.e. another quest or w/e?

You will have to make 3, 2 star items for each craft, plus give up some mats to get your skill level to 4. For apothecary yes you have to buy the book.

At level 80 you get more quests to get your crafting levels to 6. I have no idea what the max crafting level is.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • gooni74
    gooni74 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    hey im very new to the game ...and from what i read this is an awesome guide.

you sure put a lot of time in this i know and for those who need it , i'm betting this guide is the best so Thanks a million
  • Zorze - Heavens Tear
    Zorze - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Nice guide very usefull
  • Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You rock... o.o
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
  • Annilea - Sanctuary
    Annilea - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Outstanding!! Many thanks for all the time and $ you put into this guide!
  • Corryx - Sanctuary
    Corryx - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Many thanks for great guide.... I have been harvesting stuff whenever I was just passing it by at random. Life will be more perfect now b:laugh
  • edhelas
    edhelas Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Good Guide.

*the sticky chant*

Sticky!! Sticky!! Sticky!!
  • Cydroth - Sanctuary
    Cydroth - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    oops sorry for the double post. seems i just made a fool of myself and that was my first post. didnt notice the sticky already lol. how unprofessional
  • Lukasti - Sanctuary
    Lukasti - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    (Deleted previous info on red berry)
    ***EDIT***

I'm a little slow, the database has the coords for red berry:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mine/3543

You can use the new "auto-path" feature to get places easliy.
    Open your map, hold down ALT and then click on where you want to go.
    It will work even if you close the map or are carrying someone.
    You can set the altitude too, so don't worry about flying into mobs.
    If you run into a wall or something like that, you'll get stuck so watch out for that.
  • Cgethycxs - Heavens Tear
    Cgethycxs - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    is the success rate for acquiring a better (i.e. 1, 2, or 3 stars) dependent on ant thing or is it just luck. in other words will i have a better chance manufacturing 3 star items with a higher level character (lvl 100) than i would a lower level one (lvl 20).
  • Shyriena - Sanctuary
    Shyriena - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    is the success rate for acquiring a better (i.e. 1, 2, or 3 stars) dependent on ant thing or is it just luck. in other words will i have a better chance manufacturing 3 star items with a higher level character (lvl 100) than i would a lower level one (lvl 20).

Personally I am unsure on this. In my opinion it is completely Random. You may have a better chance making tier 2 items with ☆☆☆ if your crafting skill is 4 or 5 rather than if you are skill 2. I will say for sure, the higher the tier items you make, the harder it is to get ☆☆ and ☆☆☆ items.

Unless anyone can show with support/examples, or a GM decides to respond, I will believe this to be true. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sometimes you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down.b:pleased
  • homerho
    homerho Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Uh excuse me by saying buy some basic materials like grease in the boutique you mean what coordinates one? And is use what kind of currency to buy? Is it expensive?b:pleased
  • Shyriena - Sanctuary
    Shyriena - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    homerho wrote: »
    Uh excuse me by saying buy some basic materials like grease in the boutique you mean what coordinates one? And is use what kind of currency to buy? Is it expensive?b:pleased

I am sorry, I truly do not understand your question. It sounds like you may be asking where to find grease. Grease is dropped off of mobs, it is not harvested. You can buy it in the boutique, or farm it from mobs that drop it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sometimes you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down.b:pleased
  • Skatedude - Sanctuary
    Skatedude - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Nice guide took me 45 minutes to read it but meh im ok(gets out of breathe and collapses)
  • Exxon - Heavens Tear
    Exxon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This guide will allow me to lose sleep...on purpose, Thanks and great job.

b:thanksJust starting PWI and this community is "over the top". There is very little that I have not found help with.

After 30+ years with a AD&D group, this is better than paper and pencil. GREAT JOB TO ALL!! b:thanks
  • giggletank
    giggletank Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I picked up one or two things I didn't know. A very nicely written guide.
  • terkate
    terkate Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Very Nicely done, Grats to you, this will help a lot on my next character I create and also will help my current ones.

Keep guides like this coming for us all :)
  • neondrago1
    neondrago1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ok so when i try to decompose stuff what do i dor for the box that says "decompose into"?
  • Leahofligh - Sanctuary
    Leahofligh - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    These are found from decomposing items. Like lower level armor, weapons etc. You must goto the Appropriate NPC and choose decompose armor, weapon, ornament, etc. The higher the quality, the more stones you get back. ☆ items give a lot less than ☆☆ items.

Use the appropriate level item to decompose for the different quality stones. Yinyuan are the lowest so use lower level items to get them.

☆☆☆ items seem to always give mirage stones back.

Shyriena of Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Nice guide.

I am hoping you can help me with one other piece of information on crafting: how do you craft Small Guardian Charms? I remember seeing somewhere that if you have the Apothecary skill you should be able to make them. I am at Apothecary skill level 2, but I don't see it as an option. Is it possible to make these?

Thanks!
  • kentspet
    kentspet Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    forgive me if this has already been asked.
    all over the place it says you can craft say 9 coal dust into 1 coal, 9 logs into 1 rough lumber...
    who does that. i have looked all over the place and no one does. also no one i ask has any idea.
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say dont shoot.
    im a nonconformist.
  • imothepje
    imothepje Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    thank you very much!
  • _malkavian_ - Heavens Tear
    _malkavian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    thank you very much for the guide it`s really really helpful and i want to ask someting recently i reach lvl 21 and i was going to make my armor but i found that i need high carbon , purified oil , silk thread and another thing that now i cant remember so are this only drop items ? or some of them are farmable items ? , well thanks in advance and again thanks a lot for take you time and make this guide for the users !!b:shutupb:surrenderb:bye
  • MelvinFoxber - Sanctuary
    MelvinFoxber - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    First off, a big "Thank You" for the guide! Personally I found this too late to be use (I remember spending a solid 30 minutes looking for the "5th salvia root") but it is nonetheless very well written and a great help to starting players.

Again, to echo others here, can't wait till there's a mid and high grade mats guide :D Of course, those locations are sometimes hoarded by players as they are more scarce...
    kentspet wrote: »
    forgive me if this has already been asked.
    all over the place it says you can craft say 9 coal dust into 1 coal, 9 logs into 1 rough lumber...
    who does that. i have looked all over the place and no one does. also no one i ask has any idea.

This is residual from other versions and is not in the version we have :(
    Too bad too, cause some of those mats are a pain to get (I'm talking the high-grade ones, scarce and always near some aggro mobs...)
    thank you very much for the guide it`s really really helpful and i want to ask someting recently i reach lvl 21 and i was going to make my armor but i found that i need high carbon , purified oil , silk thread and another thing that now i cant remember so are this only drop items ? or some of them are farmable items ? , well thanks in advance and again thanks a lot for take you time and make this guide for the users !!b:shutupb:surrenderb:bye

They are a mix of drops and farm-ables. High Carbon Steel is available from "Black Iron Mine" (Off the top of my head so the name might be wrong). Purified Oil and Silk Threads are both drops from mobs. The third item you need is likely the specialty Tailor material (last tab in the manufacturing dialog) which will itself require certain materials to make.
  • lordcjm
    lordcjm Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hey, just so u kno, this thread is realy helpfulb:pleased and i hope it helps many other ppl like me me who need a hand, anyways, thanks for the help and b:victory b:laughb:bye
  • Macburl - Sanctuary
    Macburl - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    this was realy helpfull :) too bad i didnt do it BEFORE i got my two sandstone... i died 3 times and it took me almost 3 hours.... ah well alls well that ends well. :)

anyway, thanks heaps for the guide and goo luck evryone in your travels.b:bye
  • diadan
    diadan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    b:thanks
    Your materials guide is a great service to beginners and those of us without the skill of remembering where those needed things are harvested.
This discussion has been closed.