No Fake guild bids for TW but you allow TW glitches to win?

Comments

• Elchignolo - Heavens Tear
    Elchignolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I did notice Dragons had around 21 or so people and Genesis had roughly 80 different names that I could count, however as I said alot were huddled around tanks so it was hard to count those tank groupings. I would guess 90 to 120 people on Genesis side. My point is this... did you really expect to win and if so are you guys just being sore loosers or what? I mean seriously man whats that about? You guys killed 2 of their tanks that were hiding inside the catapults but not the ones outside the catapults..

The point was not to win or to lose (it was more 30 against 60 than 20 against 80 like u said), we had low chances, the point is that u want to have fun in TW. I woke up at 3:30am to participate to this TW, finding opponent using a trick/glitch to win fast is really not acceptable.

About the "Alt-Click" thing we all know it, but as it was told earlier, Alt-Click doesn't work with catapults, because catapults are not NPC. You have to actually see the tank to be able to target it.
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ultima999 wrote: »
    Woah, I'm surprised that even Xarfox posted that. It seems that even GMs do not know the mechanics of the games.

I will post a screenshot of the in-game tips at a later time when I get home from work.

In the mean time, you can do this test to show how you can select PC hiding behind NPC.

- Bring your friend to the Wolf Cub in Archesaur (near the General) in South Archesaur.
    - Have your friend stand on one side of the wolf cub.
    - You stand on the other side of the wolf cub.
    - Try clicking on your friend, you will only get the wolf cub.
    - Now try Alt-clicking your friend, you will select your friend.

ultima seriously get stuffed
    the amount of times u keep saying the same thing over and over again is getting old
    yes WE GET IT
    we can ALT+CLICK,SHIFT+CLICK
    what u fail to get it
    this is PWI, i even said at my very first post, the GM's run things differently here and are actualy trying to work on the things that ruin the game and especialy TW, such as fake guilds bidding, and now theres this god damn stupid glitch where u actualy have more trouble clicking on some1 then u do trying to kill them,
    and to play a TW, it shouldent be to learn the art of moving ur camara into there face and then alt+click are way to victory, its ment to be GvG attacking each other, not who can glitch 1st and be the best.

and thankyou xarfox for ur reply, it gives me some small hope to this **** matter being resolved making it that TW isnt just a glitching contest between 2 big guilds eventualy.
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!
  • ultima999
    ultima999 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    About the "Alt-Click" thing we all know it, but as it was told earlier, Alt-Click doesn't work with catapults, because catapults are not NPC. You have to actually see the tank to be able to target it.

*Sigh* You guys are unbelievable. Have you actually tried it before saying stuff like this? I have been doing this since PW-CN 3 years ago. Alt-Click is exactly how you select the player hiding inside the catapult.

I am quite sad for your guild, containing members who are not too bright. Instead of listening to honest, useful advices on how to play, your members go around spamming forums proving how noobie your guild is.

Please stop this madness. Someone login the game and do a world shout "use alt-click to select the player hiding inside the catapult".

EDIT: Responding to Crash, how can it be a glitch, when the game ALLOWS YOU TO SELECT THE PLAYER? Do you even think before you speak?
    Please don't confuse your ignorance as a glitch.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Woah, I'm surprised that even Xarfox posted that. It seems that even GMs do not know the mechanics of the games.

We are well aware of how to select players through NPCs. It's been said many times in this thread that the "tactic" or "glitch" in question is something that's only effective against small and inexperienced guilds.

Now imagine that you're a guild that is participating in Territory Wars for the first time, and you lose because of this issue. Now granted that sure, the small guild probably would have lost anyway due to a number of factors at play. However the overall feeling of the new guild will be that they got cheated.

The use this "tactic" simply discourages new guilds from participating in Territory Wars. In the short term it seems all well and good, but think about the long term effects on the game and more importantly your server population.

I'm sure that as time goes by, more players will become educated on how to click on these players and target them. However as for now, it's simply a tactic that discourages people from participating in Territory Wars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    We are well aware of how to select players through NPCs. It's been said many times in this thread that the "tactic" or "glitch" in question is something that's only effective against small and inexperienced guilds.

Now imagine that you're a guild that is participating in Territory Wars for the first time, and you lose because of this issue. Now granted that sure, the small guild probably would have lost anyway due to a number of factors at play. However the overall feeling of the new guild will be that they got cheated.

The use this "tactic" simply discourages new guilds from participating in Territory Wars. In the short term it seems all well and good, but think about the long term effects on the game and more importantly your server population.

I totally disagree. The guild is uninformed, unexperienced. It does not mean the other guild is glitching.

An example, if a guild does not know that they can buy a catapult to break the crystal; and the other guild knows to buy catapults. Does that mean the other guild is GLITCHING?
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    *Sigh* You guys are unbelievable. Have you actually tried it before saying stuff like this? I have been doing this since PW-CN 3 years ago. Alt-Click is exactly how you select the player hiding inside the catapult.

I am quite sad for your guild, containing members who are not too bright. Instead of listening to honest, useful advices on how to play, your members go around spamming forums proving how noobie your guild is.

Please stop this madness. Someone login the game and do a world shout "use alt-click to select the player hiding inside the catapult".

EDIT: Responding to Crash, how can it be a glitch, when the game ALLOWS YOU TO SELECT THE PLAYER? Do you even think before you speak?
    Please don't confuse your ignorance as a glitch.

ok them mister smart guy, explain this, how do i select the barb on of the crowd of people that are all bunched up together while also inside the catapult, since you seem to have an answer for just about everything, explain this,

and also plz stfu about our guild, we aint a bunch of noobs spamming the forums at all, theres barly 3 of us posting on this 1 topic from our guild, so there u go again making false **** knowing nothing

Edit: to ur last thread. we no how to buy a catapult and use it you inconsiderate twit, not like it helped when the odds were against us anyway, i wouldent of minded losing just normaly while actualy having a battle, but i had to stay awake till 3am just to lose 10 mins later, how wud that make u feel hmm?
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I totally disagree. The guild is uninformed, unexperienced. It does not mean the other guild is glitching.

An example, if a guild does not know that they can buy a catapult to break the crystal; and the other guild knows to buy catapults. Does that mean the other guild is GLITCHING?

If you go and talk to any of the Battle Coordinators they provide full tutorials on how to participate in Territory Wars and purchase catapults. What the Battle Coordinators don't tell you is that you can hide inside of your catapult so other players can't click on you. There's a reason for that, and that reason is that it is not the intended way to use them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    ok them mister smart guy, explain this, how do i select the barb on of the crowd of people that are all bunched up together while also inside the catapult, since you seem to have an answer for just about everything, explain this,

and also plz stfu about our guild, we aint a bunch of noobs spamming the forums at all, theres barly 3 of us posting on this 1 topic from our guild, so there u go again making false **** knowing nothing

Stacking barbs inside the catapult has nothing do with this. You have exact same problem if the stacking barbs are OUTSIDE the catapults. Are you saying that if 5-6 barbs stacking outside of the catapult are glitching also?

Can you select a specific player from a stacks of players even though there is no catapult?

These are completely two separate issues.
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    If you go and talk to any of the Battle Coordinators they provide full tutorials on how to participate in Territory Wars and purchase catapults. What the Battle Coordinators don't tell you is that you can hide inside of your catapult so other players can't click on you. There's a reason for that, and that reason is that it is not the intended way to use them.

Yes, but if you play your level 1 char and pay attention to the in-game tips; it also clearly shows how to select PC from NPCs as well. So it is a moot point.

Just because most players ignore the in-game helps and do not know the alt-click; it does not mean hiding inside the catapult is a glitch.

It is ONLY a glitch, if it's not possible to select the player hiding inside.
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    how in anyway was that a response to my question?
    i aske du how to we select 1 specific person if there all piled on top of each other and under the catapult?
    so much for ultimas answers to everything

if i wanted to read nothing i wud stare at scribbles on a wall
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited October 2008
    WOOT for Xarfox!!!! ty from The Empire for ur as usual quick and fair response.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2008
    No, but you can select *A* player, and then either take him out and move onto the next one or target an AoE spell on top of him. You can't do that if they're all under a catapult.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• ultima999
    edited October 2008
    surtr wrote: »
    No, but you can select *A* player, and then either take him out and move onto the next one or target an AoE spell on top of him. You can't do that if they're all under a catapult.

Again, you are misinformed. If there are a stacks of players hiding inside the catapult, and you press alt-click. You will select the top-most player hiding inside depending on your point of view.

Alt-clicking gives the EXACT effect as if the catapult is not there.
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Again, you are misinformed. If there are a stacks of players hiding inside the catapult, and you press alt-click. You will select the top-most player hiding inside depending on your point of view.

wrong again
    you say everything as if its so simple,
    why dont u stick ur actual char picture and level so i can see what level u are as u seem to know everything.
    but whats funny is that u no jack all, stop trying to prove every1 including the GM's wrong
    u get onto the GM team or moderators by knowing a hella lot about PW to begin with, and i dont see u in that list.
  • dtz
    dtz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008

The question was "how is stacking outside of a catapult different than stacking inside the catapult?" The answer Surtr gave is accurate: outside a catapult you can select SOMEONE, if not necessarily a specific person, without alt+clicking. Inside a catapult you can't do that at all.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild.
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    It is strange that I already show you concrete step by step to prove to you that alt-click works. Instead of trying it out, you are sitting on forum trying to argue something that you obviously have no clue.

Fine, I'll rephrase my tips to suit your case.

1. Bring 10 friends to the Wolf Cub in South Archesaur
    2. Have the 10 friends stack on each other behind the Wolf Cub
    3. You stand on the other side of the Cub
    4. You try to Click on your stacks of friends... what do you get? The wolf cub
    5. You try to Shift-Click on your stacks of friends... what do you get? The wolf cub
    6. You press Alt-Click on your stacks of friends... what do you get? A friend...

Yay... now you are happy that you have been proven beyond a doubt that Alt-Click works.

Please do it now.
  • lotharsmash
    lotharsmash Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    They killed the guys inside the catapults guys but didnt kill the guys outside the catapults... why are they whining about the guys IN the catapults if they killed them?
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    It is strange that I already show you concrete step by step to prove to you that alt-click works. Instead of trying it out, you are sitting on forum trying to argue something that you obviously have no clue.

Fine, I'll rephrase my tips to suit your case.

1. Bring 10 friends to the Wolf Cub in South Archesaur
    2. Have the 10 friends stack on each other behind the Wolf Cub
    3. You stand on the other side of the Cub
    4. You try to Click on your stacks of friends... what do you get? The wolf cub
    5. You try to Shift-Click on your stacks of friends... what do you get? The wolf cub
    6. You press Alt-Click on your stacks of friends... what do you get? A friend...

Yay... now you are happy that you have been proven beyond a doubt that Alt-Click works.

Please do it now.

jesus christ people like u need straping to a floor and slaping a few times before REAL SENCE fits into that pea size brain of urs,
    lets go to towards your step 6, there all stacked on each other, i'll alt+click, and what do i get?
    some random person or the person who was last stacked on top,
    that does NOT give me the target ive been locking on for does it?

so no, im ot happy that ur wrong theory has not been proven beyond a doubt that alt-click doesnt work to select you own personal target when xx ppl are stacked on each other.

Try again plz
  • Aurellius - Heavens Tear
    Aurellius - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    please read my response to this matter in a clean format
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=94361
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    Oh geeze... it takes more to get through this guy...

Ok... how about this... have 10 of your friends stand in the open... one of them your girlfriend (if you have one, if not, pick one as your best friend).

Have all of them stack on each other in the open.

Please try to select your girlfriend... or your best friend...

If you can, show me how too.
  • lotharsmash
    lotharsmash Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Stacking people on top of each other isnt a glitch or bug bro. Thats totally legal and any GM that reads this will back me up on that. The code of conduct for the game doesnt say anywhere in there that players have to use single target spells and skills to kill people 1 at a time when a tank is hiding inside the middle of players... but thats what your saying right now... why not pick one and aoe them? If you have a leader calling hit targets and only 10 people hit the huddle of enemy players for 1k dmg every 2 seconds you wipe out the group in the first hit and the tank within 2 hits later because no cleric or HP charm can keep up with that kind of damage. I appologize if I dont understand why your asking that question but its a basic PVE strategy as well as PVP strategy... when players group up aoe them when they spread out single target them.
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    If you can, show me how too.

so from them last words...are u agreeing that trying to click on a specific person in a stack of people is not doable then?
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    so from them last words...are u agreeing that trying to click on a specific person in a stack of people is not doable then?

Of course not... but this has nothing to do with catapults. This problem is entirely different.

This is stacking problem. The other is hiding inside catapult.

Do you understand now?
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ultima, Crash has been complaining about people stacking on each other inside the catapult, so you ARE agreeing with him.

his point is that even if you use alt+click, there are so many people that you can't get the cata puller.

your point is that alt+click will let you click players instead of the catapult.
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    markillian wrote: »
    ultima, Crash has been complaining about people stacking on each other inside the catapult, so you ARE agreeing with him.

Doh, don't tell me I have to get through your thick skull too... anyways... spend sometime to read my posts carefully first.

I'm gonna be off work in a few min and won't stay around to entertain you guys.

All the information that you need to know about catapults, hiding inside, stacking are in these posts.

Read through them and you'll understand.
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Doh, don't tell me I have to get through your thick skull too... anyways... spend sometime to read my posts carefully first.

I'm gonna be off work in a few min and won't stay around to entertain you guys.

All the information that you need to know about catapults, hiding inside, stacking are in these posts.

Read through them and you'll understand.

lol take ur head out of ur **** u thick headed idiot, go to hell
    u are not right about a single thing u said, ur even trying to prove GM's wrong, thats something u just dont do cos if ur a GM or a Mod, ur there for a reason, cos u no just about most or everything on how PW works.
  • sseno
    sseno Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lol take ur head out of ur **** u thick headed idiot, go to hell
    u are not right about a single thing u said, ur even trying to prove GM's wrong, thats something u just dont do cos if ur a GM or a Mod, ur there for a reason, cos u no just about most or everything on how PW works.

dude I don't even have anything to say to this except, grow up. honestly =/

stop whining about this. all you are doing is proving your ignorance and immaturity
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Ultima, what the GMs are doing is that they are resetting everyone's experience value in terms of TW. What you can do in MY now is kaput. Now you have to rewrite an entire new book of strategies. Hell, the GMs might kaput those strategies in the near future as well. Everything is done to keep the game fresh.

If you're relying on the old ways to do things you will fail. Thats what the GMs are going after. They want this to be an even playing ground between the MY players and the new players coming in.

I remember in another game my team and I spent *three months* perfecting a perfect match strategy that we practiced until flawless execution. It used no glitches or anything. GMs then killed it with one update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    This is my last post for awhile because I'm off work and going home now. But this explains it all.
    Maybe Xarfox can chime in on this.

If hiding inside the catapult is glitching because this feature was not explained by the TW Administrator, then using the rocks to jump over the wall is also glitching the game.

Think about that.
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    sseno wrote: »
    dude I don't even have anything to say to this except, grow up. honestly =/

stop whining about this. all you are doing is proving your ignorance and immaturity

and look what ive found, another forum monkey who likes to over use the word whining, i aint whining u total clueless boob,
    im pretty much having a debate with ultima that seems to know everything, so b4 spaming the post with nothing, think what ur gonna say
This discussion has been closed.