DUAL BLADER built & some skill guidance

Comments

• tallia
    tallia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Agi...Con...?
    Agi = Dex
    Con = Vitality?

Yes, they changed it from the MY-EN version.
  • chong
    chong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    So, killing mobs one by one for 8 hours to level up is better than AoE trainning for 3-4 hours?

want to get pked, and feel that u can't do sh.it?! always lose duels, and beg for rematch, and still lose again? well, if u like to live as being loser b:cry, go for it then b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    YOU JUST GOT OWNED b:bye
  • Jessup - Heavens Tear
    Jessup - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    TO THE OP :

This thread is just what you use because your good at this build.

Either or , I think you may need to review what your using for it to help out.

You seem to not be using your most useful skills. There is a reason every ability is in this game. To be USED.

It is just the way you recycle your ability's , what your Mana pool is at , If you have pots etc etc....

It depends on a lot of things. So please do not go giving advice such as yours to steer people the wrong way.

I had to re-roll my first character because the advice given on the forums made my Dps absolutely horrible. I ended up getting some better advice and wow is it WAY better.

I am not trying to make this OP feel bad in any way at all , but please read more information on the abilitys before posting this. :)

Thanks
  • chong
    edited January 2009
    TO THE OP :

This thread is just what you use because your good at this build.

Either or , I think you may need to review what your using for it to help out.

You seem to not be using your most useful skills. There is a reason every ability is in this game. To be USED.

It is just the way you recycle your ability's , what your Mana pool is at , If you have pots etc etc....

It depends on a lot of things. So please do not go giving advice such as yours to steer people the wrong way.

I had to re-roll my first character because the advice given on the forums made my Dps absolutely horrible. I ended up getting some better advice and wow is it WAY better.

I am not trying to make this OP feel bad in any way at all , but please read more information on the abilitys before posting this. :)

Thanks

As if you have noticed, it is stated as "Dual Blader Guide" and it is for ppl who want to go for Dual Blader, not weapon swift or some craps. If u read carefully what that dude said, he told us that we should add 4 AOEs to lvl 5 from axe or another skill tree, mean WTF?! Why would you still bother to be a blader?! I high doubt you have enough Skill points to add ur major Sword Attack skills for pk or duel, or other useful defense skills. Yes, weapon swift is good, i highly don't recommend it before you have maxed all ur sword skills or defense. If anyone listens that guy and add for 4 aoe and give up ur sword tree, lol, you are not anymore a blader, u are just an Axer. Btw, lvl 79 skills require 1 mil Skill point, there are 2 lvl 79 skill you could need to learn, 2 mil skill point? would You think you can hav enough Skill point to get them ?If u play far enough in this game, then you would know what i am trying to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chong
    edited January 2009
    ok, if u all couldn't understand how Sword BM works, let me share some experience.

Aeolian Blade, Atmost sword strike, Myriad Sword Stance = all these 3 skills are highly depending ur Skill lvl to get higher dmg. because of the % of weapon dmg, and high dmg, and your sword mastery affects them as well.

Mage Base (lvl 29) - This skill is not that useful , i rarely use it for pk or duel. it needs vigor, although high dmg. Nevertheless, reducing magic caster chanting speed does help u to win a duel. Why? 1 hit may determine whether you win the duel or not.

Spirit chase (lvl 39, range attack) - Why do we need to add it? because it is range, if you often go for pk, u will find that those victims will try to jump and jump to escape from pk, and it is pretty hard for u to see them in ur Screen. And Remember we are BM, MELEE, you couldn't hit them if you are not closer enough. Mage has Distance Shrink, they can tp 15 metres away. That is why this skill becomes useful, u just need to walk a bit nearer and shoot the **** of them. I always win duel with Mage because of this skill, It is so helpful, when the situation depends on who is going to do the last hit. This skill has longer range and higher dmg. Of course, we have tiger leap, well, The time that you click Leaping skill and then click other short range skill to attack, the mage may have already casted his skil to kill you.

yes, there is a low lvl range skill, Drake's Ray for all Blade Master, but it is low dmg and shorter range.

Now can you see Why i hav been trying to tell ppl stick with the sword skill trees. All of them are useful, and it affects you skill dmg. Weapon swift causes slight delay, and you may lose or die in deul or pk. Goes for AOE =.='', ya, sorry to say, not enough skill point for you to add for ur major skills when you are under lvl 80+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Level 1: Drake Bash, Highland Cleave and Fissure

or

Level 1: Piercing Winds, Farstrike, Meteor Rush

Either of them will give you a way faster leveling than if you had Level 10 of all Sword skills. You can't compare how much time you will waste killing mobs one by one or in low groups to killing them with AoE and high groups.

Also, you have plenty of Spirit Points to max your tree, plus Roar of the Pride ( a must skill, I don't know why you don't level it), Alter Marrow Physical, Diamond Sutra , etc. And still have points for level 79 skills, etc.

There is no "lack of spirit points" as you say.

Also, if you're so serious about PK/PvP, then you would use Axes or Polearm, since there is no comparation between the performance of weapons past level 70.

Berserker > Swords anytime.
  • chong
    edited January 2009
    Level 1: Drake Bash, Highland Cleave and Fissure

or

Level 1: Piercing Winds, Farstrike, Meteor Rush

Either of them will give you a way faster leveling than if you had Level 10 of all Sword skills. You can't compare how much time you will waste killing mobs one by one or in low groups to killing them with AoE and high groups.

Also, you have plenty of Spirit Points to max your tree, plus Roar of the Pride ( a must skill, I don't know why you don't level it), Alter Marrow Physical, Diamond Sutra , etc. And still have points for level 79 skills, etc.

There is no "lack of spirit points" as you say.

Also, if you're so serious about PK/PvP, then you would use Axes or Polearm, since there is no comparation between the performance of weapons past level 70.

Berserker > Swords anytime.

Sorry, mr AOE or Axer wannabe, Berserker > sword? The maximum dmg is, and the attribute, plus, the % or chance is low to cast out. Axer is either MR.Miss, or Scrafice hp for Agi to hav a lot less hp. Seriously about pk going for Axer or Polearm? Have you ever read other experienced player's guide or played Sword before? There are many Guides stated that Blade BM is one of the most powerful pk character (1 vs 1 ), due to the balance of HP and STR and Accuracy. Yes, Polearm is good too, both of Polearm and sword are good for pk, especially dealing with Archer, sword Ultimate skill reduce weapon dmg to 50% for 15 sec, and it is the highest initial dmg of all skill.

No offence, I believe u are a player who have hardly ever reached lvl 70 before. Unless u don't go for crafting skills, or any other defensive skills, 2 jumping skills, the Skill points won't be enough. Pls don't embarrass urself with ur statement. When my character was once in 80+, the 2 lvl 79 skill, i only can have SP for lvl up one of them. P.S, i only maxed one Skill in Axe Tree, the stunning skill (for extra stun after 80+). That's all. Weapon swift is not worth it before you reach high lvl.

BTW, can you guys read carefully, That dude recommended us to go to lvl 5, lvl 1 you may hav enough SP. If you insists to follow that dude for adding 4 aoes skill to lvl 5, as you like, you will know what would happen later on. I have tried to say before lvl 80 or may be 80+, don't go for any skills which is not included in your sword tree. And lvl 1 skill basically adding few hundred dmg, it is totally pointless, and 8 sec cool down times, it is really not worth it. At lvl 89, u have a lot of skill to add to lvl 11, minimum is 1 mil, weapon skill tree are 1.5 mil and the ultimate skills are 2 mil. other defensive skills?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    1.- I'm Polearm user, not an "Axe wannabe".

2.- You can see on my avatar my level.

3.- You can see my guide sticked on the forums.

4.- I assume you're not playing PWI because you seriously lack a lot of information/knowledge about Blademaster class.

5.- I have my skills maxed, including Farstrike, Roar of the Pride, Alter Marrow Physical, Aura of Golden Bell, Draw Blood, Piercing Winds, Drake's Ray, Aeolian Blade, Both Leaps, Both Sprints, Meteor Rush, etc.

Other skills up to level 5~6 like Diamond Sutra or Drake's Sweep, etc. And of course, my Crafting Skills at level 5 so far.

And I still have 2m+ Spirit points left to use. So I do know what I'm talking about when I say there is no "lack of spirit points".

Because I have lived it since level 1 up to level 75, and at this point Spirit Points are not really a problem, and they won't be past level 80.

6.- At level 79 your must skill is Smack, and Dragon Bane is just optional, not that great and for a Sword user a waste.

7.- By: "lvl 89, u have a lot of skill to add to lvl 11"

I'm guessing that by "a lot" you mean the only 3 skills that are able to be leveled at 89, which are Tiger Maw, Draw Blood and Stream Strike.

Yeah, I can totally see how they are a priority over other skills and of course, a WAY FASTER leveling.

And also, I'm pretty sure you know that people are having 10m+ free spirit points at that level.

8.- Do you even know what an Axe PvP build looks like past level 77? If you really got to level 80 (And IF you are playing in Lost City Server), then you should know the huge difference between Axe/Polearm and Sword when it comes to both, PvE and PvP.

High HP, almost as same accuracy as Sword user...just that dealing more than twice the damage of a Sword user, and that damage can be amplified because of Heaven's Flame skill, by once more, 100%.

So yeah, I REALLY want to know the answer to this question:

Are you playing a Blademaster past level 70 on the Lost City Server?

If you don't, you really shouldn't be giving bad advices to new players, because that is what a guide is meant for.
  • chong
    edited January 2009
    1.- I'm Polearm user, not an "Axe wannabe".

2.- You can see on my avatar my level.

3.- You can see my guide sticked on the forums.

4.- I assume you're not playing PWI because you seriously lack a lot of information/knowledge about Blademaster class.

5.- I have my skills maxed, including Farstrike, Roar of the Pride, Alter Marrow Physical, Aura of Golden Bell, Draw Blood, Piercing Winds, Drake's Ray, Aeolian Blade, Both Leaps, Both Sprints, Meteor Rush, etc.

Other skills up to level 5~6 like Diamond Sutra or Drake's Sweep, etc. And of course, my Crafting Skills at level 5 so far.

And I still have 2m+ Spirit points left to use. So I do know what I'm talking about when I say there is no "lack of spirit points".

Because I have lived it since level 1 up to level 75, and at this point Spirit Points are not really a problem, and they won't be past level 80.

6.- At level 79 your must skill is Smack, and Dragon Bane is just optional, not that great and for a Sword user a waste.

7.- By: "lvl 89, u have a lot of skill to add to lvl 11"

I'm guessing that by "a lot" you mean the only 3 skills that are able to be leveled at 89, which are Tiger Maw, Draw Blood and Stream Strike.

Yeah, I can totally see how they are a priority over other skills and of course, a WAY FASTER leveling.

And also, I'm pretty sure you know that people are having 10m+ free spirit points at that level.

8.- Do you even know what an Axe PvP build looks like past level 77? If you really got to level 80 (And IF you are playing in Lost City Server), then you should know the huge difference between Axe/Polearm and Sword when it comes to both, PvE and PvP.

High HP, almost as same accuracy as Sword user...just that dealing more than twice the damage of a Sword user, and that damage can be amplified because of Heaven's Flame skill, by once more, 100%.

If you don't, you really shouldn't be giving bad advices to new players, because that is what a guide is meant for.

I am not playing PWI, I play in PW MY and have been playign since beta version. SP i would say the SP that u gain won't be much differences between 2 servers, because i have frds playing in PWI. Furthermore, your guide in Warrior, argueing that Fist players are totally useless, sorry to say that, this game is very balance. I can see many experienced players who know and argued, but you are just another AOE wannabe who keeps giving all suggestion pointing that Axe and Spear are superiorer than other weapons. There is always a good side in each Mastery.

and that damage can be amplified because of Heaven's Flame skill, by once more, 100%. , Melee vs Melee, i would pretty sure say that you won't do much dmg to me in duel, and my ultimate skill last for 15 sec, ur is only 6 sec. I hit you more than u hit me. As you say high hp, i would both of our hp is probably the same, and my accuracy and dodge would 100% more than you, since you need high Str to wield an Axer. The only same accuracy or higher accuracy than me of Axers i have seen is my Guild Master's Axer built, he gives up Vit/Con and end up High Dex, (33 con in lvl 100, LOLx) so his defense and Hp are lower than Us. Armor of an Axer and Sword user are the same, but the stats would be different.

Sword attack more faster as if you hav noticed. I duel a lot more than you can think of, I almost pk everyday. So, FFS, pls restrain ur pointless spams, if u like Axe that much , so be it and pls don't try to convince other players who want to play sword to go for Axe. b:shutupb:shutupb:shutup

I would say that only Noob will say that a one Weapon superior than another. There is only best player instead of best weapon, it just only needs player to find out. If you really insist to argue axe is superior or watever, pls go back to ur guide or open a new one, you don't hav to come here, Blade/Sword section" to spam all ur arguements trying to convince all BM players to be AOE or Axer wannabes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    chong wrote: »
    I am not playing PWI

That was all I need to know.

As I said, don't give bad advices and wrong information to new players.
  • chong
    edited January 2009
    That was all I need to know.

As I said, don't give bad advices and wrong information to new players.

THe Skills Dmg and Attributes and Stats of the game are the same, where is the wrong advice? Even if the SP gainning you get from PWI is more than PW MY, ppl who is wise enough will know what i am trying to say. Furtheremore, there are ppl who used my guide and they are happy with it. I don't see any wrong directions i hav given to others.

Can you **** off & go back to ur own Axer wannabe's Thread instead of trying to prove yourself in this forum?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asiroth - Lost City
    Asiroth - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You have no avatar, cant spell, and Lyndura is a motherf***ing god. GTFO pls
  • chong
    edited January 2009
    You have no avatar, cant spell, and Lyndura is a motherf***ing god. GTFO pls

Why should i need Avatar for? "can't spell" what do u mean by that? even there is some vocabulary mistakes, does it really matter? Am i required to check all the grammars and spelling? Seriously, get a life dude.

pls restrain ur pointless spams, if u got issues, go other places, create a Sword Vs Axe thread and rants all ur arguements over there, you don't have to have **** around in this thread. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thelron - Lost City
    Thelron - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yes, you cant spell. Do you really have so little time you cant write out "you"? I also do not feel the need to insult and flame people, I am secure enough with my life, are you?
  • chong
    edited January 2009
    Yes, you cant spell. Do you really have so little time you cant write out "you"? I also do not feel the need to insult and flame people, I am secure enough with my life, are you?

If you don't like how i have written in my guide, then **** off. WHy would you bother putting your pathetic spam? What are you trying to prove? If you do not have need to insult or flame, you won't put some pointless comments in this thread? Isn't it ironic that you said you are secured enough in you life? highly doubt it, apparently you are just another Moron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bobbeh
    bobbeh Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Have you played a sword BM past level 70 on the Lost City Server? Probably not.
  • keith033
    keith033 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    chong wrote: »
    want to get pked, and feel that u can't do sh.it?! always lose duels, and beg for rematch, and still lose again? well, if u like to live as being loser b:cry, go for it then b:surrender

lolol im sword/axe and its pretty good @ dueling also good for lvling idk wat ur talkin about bro b:bye
  • Xxxooxxx - Sanctuary
    Xxxooxxx - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Thanks for posting this guide. Cause I was thinking of changing to axe build but you saved my time. Also what does con mean? I add 5 str 3 dex and 2 to vit is that fine?
  • guacanagarix
    guacanagarix Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    As a noob is hard to for me to understand this tread.

Why would an skill be useless or not that good even though you are upgrading it as you level up?. If the skill does not improve good enough, why is the option of improving it there?

So far, I'm leveling up everything I get in touch. I use the most powerfull ones more often in dangerous quests but when I'm grinding I use the less powerfull more often to level them up at the same level of the most powerfull. I'm guessing this could be wrong based on this tread.

So far, I always have enough spirit points prior upgrading the skills. Wil that change as you go deeper in the game?

I have notice that skills have different effect on different mobs and not the same effect everytime.
  • chong
    edited January 2009
    Thanks for posting this guide. Cause I was thinking of changing to axe build but you saved my time. Also what does con mean? I add 5 str 3 dex and 2 to vit is that fine?

u are in the right track, don't worry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zkif
    zkif Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    *dual* Blader FTW :D

Yes! put HP shards to armors you'll own on tw/pk/pvp :D

i havent read this guide when i created my bm but nice guide :D so adding hp shards to my armor was a gut instinct b:laugh

- 7x wr b:bye
  • Mrsmiles - Lost City
    Mrsmiles - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    someone should sticky this this is a very good guide made me want to do blade bm
  • Risca - Heavens Tear
    Risca - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Chong thanks for a great guide...I was trying to find this earlier and couldn't find it so I dug up my old print out and posted it up (and no I didn't take credit from you).

Sorry if you got mad about it...it seems some others did...heaven forbid I apparently missed seeing this post when looking for it scanning through however many posts...

And I agree with Mrsmiles this should be stickied so its easy to find its safe to say I loved this guide above all the others hell maybe they should take guides from a player with high lvl experience in each weapon specialty. Would make sense since I could never try to tell some one how best to play a polearm or axe bm having only been playing my sword and blade one. And I dont see how and axe or polearm could tell best how to play a blade...

Anyways thanks again man.
  • shakaboom
    shakaboom Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    because of im sword/blade/dual blade user.. so i think this thread will help me

at level 70, there are 2 different weapon stat ..
    one is ghost general blade that has con+10 and the other is katana/wariors blade in indonesians PW that has more attack stat

i need suggest which should i have?
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Uh, I'm an axe user and i have 1.1k accuracy base.
    And i can still hit archers pretty well.
    But anywya, nice guide~
    Back.
  • Chanteus - Sanctuary
    Chanteus - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I only take umbrage at one point. It is not so clear that the bleed effect is a bad power. Damage over time is always a good way to start combat (or melee for blademasters) since these skills have higher total damage which will usually have the time needed to take effect. Just think about every ghoul or pyrogolth that killed you and you know that DoT can be devastating.

My normal combo is two ranged attacks, then bleed, then the fast cast atk skills, ending with a strike command to keep hitting until they fall down. When I'm grinding I rarely do even this much. I just click on foe, hit hot button for bleed, and hit them until dead. It minimizes mana cost and I cast healing sutra every two or three foes.
  • LordSnow - Lost City
    LordSnow - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Chanteus, I do pretty much the same thing. Bleed is an amazing skill for grinding. It cuts back on mana and you still do relitively large amounts of dammage. I also like bleed against mages seeing as they have less hp then the rest of us. Even if they kill us they still have to worry about their bleeding. Though it is not a GREAT pvp skill it still is anoying for the victom!
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    has anyone chosen any of the ultimate duals rather than using the ultimate single sword for BM endgame?
  • chong
    edited June 2009
    has anyone chosen any of the ultimate duals rather than using the ultimate single sword for BM endgame?

2009-05-2912-51-43.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have to say, Being a blade user myself. They're are alot of cry babies who complain that axe users own and blade sucks; You hear it all day.

One day ppl are going to realize in later levels blade users own hard.

Btw nice guide =P

Are there any SS's of the Singles, or HH90 gold Firelotus? b:cute