Nocturne - Mature Heaven's Tear Guild

Options
Belial - Heavens Tear
Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Guild Banter
Nocturne is a part of a multi-gaming community called the Black Phoenix Society. We are a Level 3 Heaven's Tear based guild made by a group of avid RPG players who, for many years, have been enjoying games like Guild Wars, Age of Conan or Neverwinter Nights.

Not counting alt characters, we are currently ~60 strong and seek to expand our ranks a bit. We are slightly biased towards PvE but are not considering ourselves to be a PvE only guild since many of us enjoy PvP as well.

We put a very strong emphasis on the mature behavior of the guild's members. Maturity, among other things, means to us that our guild chat and voice communication is free of rude or obscene language, swearing, ALL CAPS and 1337 sp34k since most of us are way too old to find any of this particularly funny.

Speaking of age, most of us are from their 20s through their 50s, so we recruit players over the age of 20. We love RPG games but this doesn't mean we're a guild for hardcore players only; like anything else in our guild, our activity rules are quite relaxed and take into consideration that most of our members have a full-time job and/or family which prevents them from playing games all day including the nights (not that it wouldn't be nice, though).

Our Vision

• Our aim is to be a guild of close friends to come together and have fun with the game in a environment free of trouble, arguments and immaturity (there is enough of that in real life already).
  • We want our guild to be able to beat the most difficult challenges in the game and shine while doing so.
  • We want to be a helpful guild where members rush to a comrade's side if assistance with quests or builds is needed/desired.
  • We want to be a guild that, while not sacrificing honor and fun for a win, is still being feared as an enemy in PvP.
  • We want to be an international guild with members from around the globe to play and chat with.
  • Yet, we still want to be a guild which values individual freedom and doesn't press its members into mandatory daily event schedules or farming.

What we are NOT about:
  • We are NOT striving to become a top PvP guild at all costs, since many of us believe that this level of competitiveness and having fun are mutually exclusive.
  • We are NOT farm bots. Becoming rich is not our main objective in the game. Having fun is!

This vision is what drives us as a guild and we are always working towards improving ourselves and becoming stronger in every single one of these goals.

Who we are looking for
As elaborated above, the only real requirements are being mature, friendly and fun and being age 20+. Other than that, we don't have any class or level requirements but general familiarity and experience with the game would be a plus.

Players from both genders and from all around the globe are equally welcome in our guild. Of course we are particularly looking for players who share our vision and who'd help making it come true, since this is something which only a guild as a whole can achieve and not only its officers or leader.

Our rules are fairly down to earth, we don't allow griefing, scamming, using exploits, foul language and extensive 1337 speak. Sexism and racism is a no-no, too. And last but not least, we don't want to ruin our reputation by having people running around with offensive character names while wearing our guild tag. Basically it boils down to "Don't be a jerk!". That's all.

If you think Nocturne could be the right guild for you, please post here, or contact Annalyse, Hazardous or WujenKempo, or go to our forum's 'Joining Section' where you can post as a guest (please be aware that you can register on our forums, but registration will not be approved until you are a part of the guild).
Post edited by Belial - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Blessedstar - Heavens Tear
    Blessedstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hi, I just had a good look through the guilds in this forum and this one appealed to me the most, you seem to have a good balance of seriousness and fun. The fact you're all friends is even nicer!

I have played a lot of MMO games before but recently got into PW-MY-EN (56 Werefox and a level 49 Priest) and finally decided to switch to this version (hurrah for proper English!!). I am based in GMT time-zone, play regularly and I hope to hear from you soon!
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hi, I just had a good look through the guilds in this forum and this one appealed to me the most, you seem to have a good balance of seriousness and fun. The fact you're all friends is even nicer!

I have played a lot of MMO games before but recently got into PW-MY-EN (56 Werefox and a level 49 Priest) and finally decided to switch to this version (hurrah for proper English!!). I am based in GMT time-zone, play regularly and I hope to hear from you soon!

Thank you for your message Blessedstar, I tried contacting you earlier but you were showing as offline - we must have missed each other :). I will try again tomorrow!
  • luv2luvmuzic
    luv2luvmuzic Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hi. I've played a few mmos like EQ2, POTC Online, NWN, GW, and some WOW. I've really enjoyed this game so far and was looking for a Guild and this one sounded great out of all the other ones I've read on this forum so far.

Thanks
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Blessedstar - I tried again today, you showed as offline.
    luv2luvmusic - Please contact me in game, or PM me your IGN so that I can get in touch :).
  • Blessedstar - Heavens Tear
    Blessedstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I was travelling away with work hence was offline but I also just noticed my username is missing a capital - my IGN is actually BlessedStar. Hope to hear from you soon!
  • Raylos - Heavens Tear
    Raylos - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    WoW! I have to say it sounds like Nocturne is my Dream guild. b:dirty

Seriously, I have been playing PWI for like 2 weeks now and just hanging out waiting and watching for a guild I thought might be compatible with my personal playstyle, today I may have found that!

I am a seasoned MMO player ( EQ,EQII, AC, Horizons, WOW), with a tendenancy to lean toward honor guilds and more mature atmosphere's. I am definetly over 20 and so is my wife who also plays. We play in the evenings pacific time.

I would be very interested in getting to know you. I have a level 28 blademaster and a level 22 archer on Heaven's Tear. I killed my cleric at 15... ugh,... just can't do that class. Lately I have been running amok on my archer Raylos.

Do you have a Website I could look at? I heard you say forum but I did not see an address for a website or guild portal.

I look forward to speaking with you.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    BlessedStar - I must've missed you again today - what timezone are you in?
    Thank you for your message Raylos, I tried whispering you ingame but you must have been AFK or on these forums.

I'll be around tomorrow and I'll try to contact you again!
  • Danyelle - Heavens Tear
    Danyelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    We're still looking for a few new recruits! Don't be shy - apply! b:chuckle
    Danyelle - Nocturne Faction
  • aryna
    aryna Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Oh *.* i like your guild very much ^^ !

Um... i play mmo's like twelve sky, cable etc. but PW is the best for me. I was looking for a good guild ^^ and i saw your topic. Your guild seems very nice.

Um i play PW for about 2 weeks now and i have a cleric lvl 14 now ^^. I live in a GMT+1 zone and i play almost every day.

Take care ^^
    "I am beyond your experience. I am beyond good and evil, legions of the night - night breed - repeat not the errors of the Night Stalker and show no mercy."
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Thank you for your message aryna; as I do not have your IGN, please feel free to whisper me ingame - I am online right now :D.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ah, now I know where I recognized your name from, Belial was the demon in NWN that the PC is asked to rule on?

What guild in Guildwars, if I may ask. And which timezone do you live and play in?
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    turtlewax wrote: »
    Ah, now I know where I recognized your name from, Belial was the demon in NWN that the PC is asked to rule on?

What guild in Guildwars, if I may ask. And which timezone do you live and play in?

Angel Sharks, part of the DVDF Alliance.

Personally, I am on GMT+1 but we have a variety of guild members from all over the world :).
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Nocturne's alliance, the Black Phoenix Society, has now got a complete website!
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Just to let those who prefer to whisper me directly, know that I will be away with work until Saturday morning, and will therefore not be online to answer any questions (quite a lot of you got in touch directly, so am covering all bases, I hope).

Until my return, please contact my delegate, Danyelle, or any of the Marshals, if you have any questions about me or Nocturne!
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Belial, I am quite intrigued by your guild description (love the bit about l33t speak) b:laugh

I know I fill all the requirements of your guild, save one, I dont use any voice-comms. I hope thats acceptable as I would really like to join-up. I'm relatively new to RPGs but I catch on quick.

Drop me a line when you get back

Lvl 28 WB on Heavens Tear. IGN (I'm assuming thats in-game name): Hazardus.
    GMT+6 timezone.

Cya'll around. b:mischievous
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hazardus, I got your message. I am having certain troubles logging into Belial today (ticket submitted to support, so hopefully won't have to wait much longer). Hopefully we can catch up this afternoon :).
  • foglexmclovin
    foglexmclovin Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Deleted by user's request.
  • Felectra - Heavens Tear
    Felectra - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    wow after reading that introduction i would really love to join...i am able to be online almost all the time..i just started playing yesterday so im still learning a bit but you guild does sound appealing.i also do use voice comms like teamspeak and ventrilo i also prefer to play games using them so you will probably see me on it all the time if i get accepted. i also saw you saying you having problems logging on so when you do get on could you message me :). just so you know i am a guy...kinda lame untamed only have 1 gender per class : /...anyways i hope to hear from you or an officer or something soon :)
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Due to my odd connection issues today, I haven't been able to contact you guys. I'll be around tomorrow morning shortly but after that, I will not return until Monday night - try to catch one of the officers if you cannot find me :).
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Nocturne is now a Level 2 faction! Many thanks to the efforts our kind guild members, without you, this would not have been possible! Thank you!

PS To those who have tried contacting me, my online presence has been slightly hit and miss lately (illness then holidays) - do try to get in touch with any of my right hand officers, if you cannot find me; I know a few people have succeeded this way :).
  • Ayrwyn - Heavens Tear
    Ayrwyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    HI there.

I was reading through your guild requirements and they sound really good to me. Especially your definition of mature since some ppl think that maturity also equals extensive bad language and sexual talk. I am looking for a guild just like this one. Curious though about FB's and bosses. Do you have the resources to help with them? Please contact me in game I am usually online during the day. If I am not on my mage I will be on my archer Arlyth....Edit thats my archer Ka'Arlyth
  • sirnigelfallsalot
    sirnigelfallsalot Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hey, Reading your intro. Sounds Awsome. On FB 's and Helping with them What are your Views on Boss Drops? Do they go to Who Ever Has the Tablet? I was Just wondering. your Rules and expectations are great. You Seem like you have a good Backbone. Please Messase me and let me know
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Many thanks for your interest :). An officer will be contacting you this weekend :D.
  • Ifriday - Heavens Tear
    Ifriday - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hi, just a quick note to answer the FB boss drop question.

We generally keep the party loot tab on random, so that the Wizard/Cleric/Veno/Archer at the back gets as much chance as the Barb or Blade in front at the drops when we team. We tend to keep this set-up in the FB's we do as well, as all members are contributing to the success of the mission. When and if a mold does drop, whoever gets it usually offers it to the tab-holder as a matter of courtesy, not neccessity. It's just good sportsmanship and thats what our Guild is about anyway.

Mia/Belial will be away for the weekend, so please feel free to PM the other officers ingame if you wish to chat with us about joining. Our names are: Canis, Danyelle, IFriday and StellaP (we may also be playing on an Alt char, so try each of the names here if one does not appear online)

Friday
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Danyelle - Heavens Tear
    Danyelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Welcome to Nocturne, Ayrwyn and Nigel! b:victory
    Danyelle - Nocturne Faction
  • Ifriday - Heavens Tear
    Ifriday - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    LOL welcome to Kyt and Kat - Kat now being a contender for the title "King of Typos"!!!

I just wanted to put another note here for clarity and towards making contact easier. The PW system is awkward to say the least, you can't see if someone is online with an Alt char - and it makes it a bit difficult for initial contact.

If you are interested in joining us please visit http://www.angelsharks.org and on the Forum page you will see a thread "Join Requests" - please drop us a short post there with the following information:

1. The BPS guild you're applying to (it might sound silly, but we have more than one guild in BPS)
    2. Your in game name(s)
    3. Some information about you, such as
    - Your age
    - Your country/timezone
    - An e-mail address we can contact you on
    - Some basic information about the class(es) you're playing most, your experience with the game and why you want to join us.
    - Anything else you want to tell us

We can then make contact with you without relying solely on ingame times.

I hope this helps!

Friday
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nitequeen - Heavens Tear
    Nitequeen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I'm a 35 yr old male with a lvl 24 veno called NiteQueen. I'm very interested in joining your guild. What time zone are you and your officers in? I'm on Eastern. Every time I've tried to contact any of the names listed about joining nobody has been online... are you or your officers pretty active? I hope so, because the guild description sounds like just what I'm looking for. Hope to hear from you soon. :)

PS... I just noticed the latest post about contacting the angelshark.org site - heading there now - thnx
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Welcome to Nocturne, NiteQueen!

We're still open for recruiting, by the way! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    After a long week of internet problems and work, I have been able to return. Do carry on getting in touch with us (via replies to this topic or the forums).

b:pleased
  • Starzlight - Heavens Tear
    Starzlight - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Your in game name(s): As above stated.

Your age: 26, matured female player

Your country/timezone: Singapore/Asia

An e-mail address we can contact you on: christie_tan82@hotmail.com

Some basic information about the class(es) you're playing most, your experience with the game and why you want to join us: Playing lvl 38 cleric in PWI.

Gaming Experiences: Level 92 mage in 2moons; Level 80+ Warrior in Hero Online, GuildWars, Rohan Online, TCoS closed beta etc and many more. More towards healer/mage support usually.
This discussion has been closed.