How much have you spent on the game so far?

Comments

• shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    tjmargetts wrote: »
    Daft noobie question but it is related b:chuckle

So far no cash but thinking of it..... so

can you tell me how much gold to spend in game i get per Zen purchased. If I spend out $50 how much gold will i end up with?
    b:thanks

Perfect World Entertainment Exchange Rates

All purchases are $1 for 100 ZEN.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • tjmargetts
    tjmargetts Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    shnuggles wrote: »
    Perfect World Entertainment Exchange Rates

All purchases are $1 for 100 ZEN.

I know that but then... to my actual question.....

How much Zen per in game gold to spend on items?

If I spend $50 I get the 5k Zen + 300 bonus = 5300 Zen - Thats all explained in the guide. What it doesn't say, or at least I can't locate it saying

Is 5300Zen = ???Gold when transfered to my Character

Thanks b:thanks
  • Lieal - Dreamweaver
    Lieal - Dreamweaver Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited March 2009

If I spend $50 I get the 5k Zen + 300 bonus = 5300 Zen - Thats all explained in the guide. What it doesn't say, or at least I can't locate it saying

I believe it'll be 50 gold, 300 Silver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evol_Blade - Lost City
    Evol_Blade - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have spent arround $1000 on this game withing the past 4 or 5 months. Some people may think this is excessive and you might be right; however, I like playing the game. I have no problem paying for something that I like doing. I do see it as somewhat of an irony. I will not pay a monthly susbcription to play a mmo, but I will drop cash into a game when I want to for items I want to buy.

To answer the zen question above. If you buy $50 worth of zen you end up getting 53gold not 50gold and 30 silver. But your best bet is buying the cash cards, if you can find them,you get bonusus for every dollar ammount over $10 and 5 extrta gold for a $50 purchace. Free stuff is always good and when you spend money on the game like I do, the extra's tend to add up.
  • Pervs - Lost City
    Pervs - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hm..I think about $150 or so...I know somewhere around there...I've enjoyed most of it. Only thing I regret is buying those Hot Color packs...stupid random pigments...but the rest...oh, yeah. ^_^v
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009

If you clicked the link, it will show you that amount which is why I placed it in my response for you. The ratio is 100 ZEN = 1 gold for PWI so 5300 ZEN is 53 gold.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • moraa
    moraa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have prob spent around 100$ est all together. Maybe more. All in a time frame of 3 months. I always spend 20$ each time. I should just buy more and get a bonus gold.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    b:cry about $300 so far. $100 in the last week to stock up on Charm Packs.

For entertainment since the beta has opened I'm not feeling too bad. Compared to 3-6nights out at the bar or at a restaurant I feel its been a real money saver overall. I DO wish that some of the prices were reduced, some things are just overpriced.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    None.

I don't really have problem making money in-game, either. Though I guess I don't play dress-up as many other players.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    spent $40 for nakir's judgement and clothes... so not worth it, lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Awake - Dreamweaver
    Awake - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I am pretty new, only played for like 3-4 weeks. So i only spend something like 3 g ingame on crafting mats and bronze charm for safe leveling. but i do have a few extra on my wish list in the nearest future.

Mount = 10 g
    Wings = 20 g
    Clothies = 10 g
    Random stuff = 10-15 g

Think i would spend it in like 2 month which means 60 g = 60 euro and if u compare it too buying a normal game with maybe 50 hours on entertaining for like 50 euro. i think its fine.
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I paid 20 bucks US, which means 30 bucks AU money
    damn
    I wasted 5 bucks on bloodmists and now i'm trying to sell them
    anyone willing to buy it or trade it for a spotted skymant?b:surrender
  • Narica - Sanctuary
    Narica - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I've spent probably $50 or so on the game.
    Most of it on charms, teles, and other misc items, and $17 on my panther and skymanta.
    -- Currently playing Perfect World version Vendetta b:victory --
    "Human beings must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it."
    - Albert Einstein
  • Elivia - Heavens Tear
    Elivia - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So far $270 and I'm ashamed of it b:cry
    I was planning to spend no more than $50... I blame the overpriced items!
    Legally, it's questionable.
    Morally, disgusting.
    Personally, I like it.
  • Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear
    Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I hear ya Elivia, was planning to spend only $20 for mount, safe/inven extension. But ended up spending $90 coz of that spring event! T_T
    The name's Xtreme! b:victory
    Not Extreme! b:angry
    Get it right! b:thanks
  • Iceflora - Heavens Tear
    Iceflora - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    260$....damn hercs and their need for food.........b:angry
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    260$....damn hercs and their need for food.........b:angry

Lol, haven't gotten mystery tome or christmas blessing yet?b:chuckle
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol wow!!!

I remember making this thread during my first month of playing, it's like going back in time :)

Just as an update for historical purposes and those following the thread, I've spent a total of $120. The last time I charged zen was back in December '08, which was quickly spent on charms and such.

However, I had incredible loot hax and picked up an HH90 gold mat (touch of seven luminaries) that drastically changed the game for me. I was able to sell it for 10mil coins, bought myself max speed mounts, inventory/storage space, some gear, and then parlay the rest of the money into working the archosaur market.

I made a decent amount of coin; about 8mil in just about 1.5 months, which I planned on using to buy my hh90 gear.

I got an even bigger break came during this last Jolly Old Jones Spring Event where I went all-in and made about 35+mil, and still sitting on a *potential* of ~28mil (based on current sales numbers, which could possibly go up as time goes on).

But yeah.. it would be so nice if I could make RL money like I did here.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tanagath - Lost City
    Tanagath - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I believe 90$.
    Charm pack,Raptor+Spurs,Helmsley Coat+Tang suit pants,a silver HP charm,and then I got a Polar Bear....
    Waiting til they release that "Army-Suit" Fashion item set before I charge zen again.
    Biggest accomplishment:Critting 2156,aggroing 30 Mobs from FB19 and not losing half of my HP,Having a +2 Xeno's Sledgehammer with 2 socekts,wich I bought in AH b:victory.
  • esmm40
    esmm40 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I have spent arround $1000 on this game withing the past 4 or 5 months. Some people may think this is excessive and you might be right; however, I like playing the game. I have no problem paying for something that I like doing. I do see it as somewhat of an irony. I will not pay a monthly susbcription to play a mmo, but I will drop cash into a game when I want to for items I want to buy.

I feel you. I have always been against game subscriptions, but i am willing to pay for extras from the cash shop if they so interest me. I think I have averaged about what it would cost to pay for a subscription though, or at least Ive been trying to. Since Oct Ive spent 250. Some of that was spent on gifts for RL friends that also play the game (my best friend turned 30 this week ;-) i got them a Hellhound for their Barb) So i guess thats about 30 or so a month between myself and my wife for our 2 accounts.

My biggest thing with subscriptions is if I have to stop playing for say 2 weeks I cant just pause my subscription (that goes by monthly basis) Pay to play gives you so much more control and so many more options. I will say though that some things dont seem to be priced well. Like the Socket stones, sure they seem cheap but you need like 80+ 2 use them on anything worth it.
  • Neonz - Lost City
    Neonz - Lost City Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    30$=1 wedding pack(married someone out of boredom) and a panther.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Boojangles has a fetish with brambles o.O

---R-E-T-I-R-E-D----
    So troll elsewhere
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Exactly 100$. Only about 60 euro.

And wow, my message got cut off because I used a euro sign. gg. Either way, I'm not spending any more money on this game until they fix some ****. I'll stick to making money in-game, because the game isn't worth my money the way it is now.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Dollet - Sanctuary
    Dollet - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Over the last 4 months, $20. They were poorly spent though. Now, I'm waiting until new clothes come out before charging zen again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daigurenlagan
    daigurenlagan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i spent around $50 now
  • Zyhara - Sanctuary
    Zyhara - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Over three chars- $180 =/ and some of it I kind of regret, hahaha
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've spent 20 dolla! Holla! b:chuckle
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    Amehlea - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i spent 20$ the first time , 20$ a 2nd time, 30$ a 3rd time and 50$ for my 4th time no clue what will be in the future we can only wait and see.

GMS you realy should not call the huge rainbow eggs goodies
    all i got was pills : i was hopping for a mount but was looking forward to goodies aka armor,weapons, avrage stones at least.

so no more eggs for me i wont be fooled into buying 30 eggs again lol
  • Ithila - Sanctuary
    Ithila - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Sometimes I dont have much in game money and I'm considering to use real money. But haven't done it. When you get higher, you'll have more in game money, I think, and you don't need to use real money.
    Inferno Marshal
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    b:victoryb:cute
    Quit.