So is TW times never going to change?

2»

Comments

• Hong - Heavens Tear
    Hong - Heavens Tear Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    +1, times are **** as fuc*k in this server. Not even PW-USA... the time is horrible for almost everyone 11PM-2AM EST is just bad. TW is my motivation to this game, but the time is just horrible. Sunday overall is a bad day for this anyway due to Euros.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www . rochq .net
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Possible solution: New server with time set to be more convenient for Europeans. It'll have to be done later to compensate for PW-MS anyways, might as well get started on it now.

And frankly the times are going to **** someone somewhere in the world regardless of where the servers are...

It IS on EST for Heaven's Tear. The game was designed to have wars at 11pm to not interfere with schedules (at least I think so). It IS a pain to have to do wars at 7pm PST you know... we have dinners and other things to do besides game...

I know the servers are on EST time, but the time for TW accomodates West Coast better than East Coast.

East servers for West players. <--notice anything wrong with that statement?
  • Wave - Heavens Tear
    Wave - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Frankly how r ppl soupse to do TW anyway? with these times....sucks.big...time.......

K Ever heard of RF? Rising force yes......

They had some similartys to this game.......BUT threre r bout 50+ servers (private and official) AND all have bout same Mine wars time(maybe not all but 80%).....WHY? Cose its **** necessary for ppl r not playing game in just 1 country......

NOW PLS tell me why did u named PW international??? cose if u want only US players then u might named it PW USA or north america.....then 40% of players would not comed here and play at stupid time for events and u would make 40% less money......

i mean k each day has 3 times........
    If u put only 1 time to fir us at europe.....it will be great.......

But as ppl said for love of god dont put TW on sunday or put it so its bout 10AM server time.....think ppl will accept that as it is not to early for US ppl and not to late for europe ppl....

And do you ever read what ppl post anyway?
    Elysium Guild "Let the fun begin" :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crystalhaztazahs
    crystalhaztazahs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    These times are just plain dumb. I can make it to the morning/mid-day times, but the night times are just ridicious. We should be able to pick which times we want within the Thursday-Sunday limit.
  • Yami - Heavens Tear
    Yami - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I think 1-2 PM would be better for most players on sundays and saturdays.
    Yami - Cleric - Heaven's Tear
    Testament - Barbarian - Heaven's Tear
  • bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yea seirously, they have these things at night on a WEEKEND. Unless you're a workaholic or taking weekend classes, most people would be fine with midday times on weekends. At night might be fine and dandy, but the times listed DO support West more than Eest. Who wants to stay up between 11pm and 3am on a sunday when there's school or work early the next day? This is very inconvenient for East.

Oh and to whoever said the servers are on East coast times, they weren't before. I remember having to wait until 3am for a maintenance to end. The times seem very skewed.

When did the server time (On the website) suddenly shift from Pacific to Eastern timezone? Seems recent. If this is so, then the times listed would be correct for EST and 3 hours earlier for PST. Seems ok, no? The Sunday times are still too late though, even if those times are now EST. As mentioned, most of us have school or work the next day, and don't feel like going to sleep aorund midnight.

But seriously, is it just me, or did the server time just shift to EST timezone and nobody noticed, making most of the listed times on the TW page convenient for all (Except the one at night on Sunday)? The time on the site is identical with my clock, and I'm in EST timezone. Or is the server still having TW in PST times?
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • suntiger
    suntiger Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm curious who sets the times.
    Is it the GM's? The PW-US director? The Beijing office?

Maybe it's part of an overall business plan by the Beijing office to get the various PW versions (MY, US, EU and so on) to be in competition.
    Set the event times so that only a part of the user base can participate, and it will ensure that enough people play on each version to go around economically.

Or, they just screwed up a bit.

For me it goes like this (and that's true for all version and all times): Prioritizing.
    I have to choose whether to game or do something else.
    Currently 'something else' wins more often than not, which indeed is to a significant part because of the event times.

All in all though, this should be self-correcting. They need enough people buying stuff to make the company go 'round after all.

Also, a note to people who are confused: This is Perfect World US. The 'international' part is a typo.
    There are fourteen official versions:
    * Perfect World North American
    * Perfect World European
    * Perfect World Malaysia-English
    * Perfect World Malaysia-Chinese
    * Perfect World International-Official Chinese
    * Perfect World Taiwan-Chinese
    * Perfect World Philippines
    * Perfect World Korean
    * Perfect World Indonesia
    * Perfect World Vietnam
    * Perfect World Thailand
    * Perfect World Japan
    * Perfect World Brazil
    * Perfect World Russia
  • cjtign
    cjtign Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Even at server time its 11pm-2am, how the blinking bannanas did the admins come up with this brilliant schedule? I'm a normal person and I don't play after midnight, and thats already pushing it.

Just please wake the hell up and set TW to something like 1-4pm or 2-5pm on saturdays and sundays, make fridays 6-9pm.

Seriousley this is damn ridicuous, 1/2 our guild is from european or related timezones. Not onyl that but players from EST have it even worse adn they live IN america! For me the 11pm war is at 8am the next day - thats kinda do-able privided i skip church(not gonna happen). For EST players its 2am-5am.. WAY TO GO, You couln't have picked a better time to **** 99% of the planet with.

Agreed. These times are ridiculous for the American Gamer. I think the 3 suggestions are good although for friday I think you should go with 8-11pm since west USA workers on average probably won't get out until 5pm (8 USA Eastern).

Having Asian times is ridiculous, Asians should be playing one of the 3 Asian based PW's. Also 1-4 on Saturday works PERFECT for Europe, USA east and USA west
  • Revengex - Heavens Tear
    Revengex - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    +1 i cant make it in time it needs to be earlier!
    "lol those n00bz were totally suxx0rz" - COL.da_p1mp
  • Yami - Heavens Tear
    Yami - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Bump for changing TW times.
    Yami - Cleric - Heaven's Tear
    Testament - Barbarian - Heaven's Tear
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    bump to promote general awareness, and maybe get some GM feeback.
  • Wave - Heavens Tear
    Wave - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    BIG BUMP HERE.....

BTW PW europe still did not open Cb yet...and no1 knows wehn they will.....now u saying all ppl that spended money here form europe should go there and start form 0? u must be mad.......
    Elysium Guild "Let the fun begin" :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Revengex - Heavens Tear
    Revengex - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    bump for joy
    "lol those n00bz were totally suxx0rz" - COL.da_p1mp
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I agree,

Im EST and currently every TW so far has been 11pm-2am my time. This isn't incredibly ridiculous but it is for most of the eastern world. The only people this benefits are people located in the servers time zone. I am willing to bet not the greatest portion of this server is PST. Please change the times so everyone can compromise. Also please fix ALL the events as no one knows if the event will be now or 3 hours from now. ><
  • Kelovar - Heavens Tear
    Kelovar - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    PWI must learn to be "International" I guess ^^;;

Devoted is right: unless you live in Western America, times are bad :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Through the darkest of nights, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor

Thanks ForsakenX for the sig *_*
  • ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Even at server time its 11pm-2am, how the blinking bannanas did the admins come up with this brilliant schedule? I'm a normal person and I don't play after midnight, and thats already pushing it.

Just please wake the hell up and set TW to something like 1-4pm or 2-5pm on saturdays and sundays, make fridays 6-9pm.

Seriousley this is damn ridicuous, 1/2 our guild is from european or related timezones. Not onyl that but players from EST have it even worse adn they live IN america! For me the 11pm war is at 8am the next day - thats kinda do-able privided i skip church(not gonna happen). For EST players its 2am-5am.. WAY TO GO, You couln't have picked a better time to **** 99% of the planet with.

They most likely did this because, at that time almost everyone is usually free. That means everyone is ou tof school, not working, or any other activity they can pissibly be doing.

It's not that bad of a time, you just gotta adjust to it. Sleep a little earlier like about 1-2 hours before war begins. If that doesn't work for you then...... I don't know. b:surrender
    Xtacy
  • engel0
    engel0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    change the times to a bit earlier.... or some hours later -_- this ones are terrible!!!!
  • Fina - Heavens Tear
    Fina - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    No matter what times they chose it's going to end up being an inconvenience to someone.

What they should do is use some of the OTHER times mentioned in the Game Guide - Territory Wars.

There are, what, 7 times there?

Yet...out of ALL the territory wars that have taken place since this game began open beta they have ALL been either Friday night or Saturday night (I am on the East Coast - USA so it's 11 PM here.)

I don't always like staying awake until 1 or 2 AM but it sure as HECK beats waking up at 4 or 5 AM as some other players.

As Smexxy said, half, if not more than half, of our guild is European, and at least half of everyone who came to our first TW had to either wake up extremely early or stay up till 5 AM to take part in the war...(We won without a problem thanks to those who sacrificed their sleep).

They should mix up the times a bit to other people get a chance at coming to the TW. Since our guild splits TW payouts by to each member who participated, it's kinda unfair to ALWAYS give us the same exact time...making it so that some people can't ever come and therefore aren't getting a salary...definitely not cool b:angry.

Let's mix up the times or something...always getting stuck with the same time sucks for most of our players.
    I read the forums when bored at work for the lulz.
  • bestpaladinintheworld
    bestpaladinintheworld Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I agree with the rest of the community these times need to be fixed and updated.

Hopefully the GMs will heed our requests.
    Want a mature guild with ages of PvP and MMORPG experience ... Join Raven PVP Guild [LOST CITY]

Guild Info:
    Average 40+ members online at a time, Experienced players from closed beta and my-PW, Ventrilo server, Forums, Quest help, Boss help, Daily FB runs, AOE, Weekly guild events, Guild Item bank and Guild organized stalls, Free Cyber

Guild Website
    raven.forumotion.com
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The time should remain the same every week so people can actually schedule their time around it. If we don't know what time the war will be until one or two days before we might already have plans at that time. Sure scheduling yourself around based on a game sounds funny, but if you want to attend you just have to make a small sacrifice. Like waking up real early in the morning ONCE a week, its not that bad.

I do think the time is a couple hours too late, but asking for multiple times is bad. One set time, and that is it.
  • bestpaladinintheworld
    bestpaladinintheworld Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I think though since its international having just 1 time will **** some people over constantly if its out of their time zone. I think there should be a few different options perhaps 2-3 to make it more accessable to more people so everyone can pwnzor
    Want a mature guild with ages of PvP and MMORPG experience ... Join Raven PVP Guild [LOST CITY]

Guild Info:
    Average 40+ members online at a time, Experienced players from closed beta and my-PW, Ventrilo server, Forums, Quest help, Boss help, Daily FB runs, AOE, Weekly guild events, Guild Item bank and Guild organized stalls, Free Cyber

Guild Website
    raven.forumotion.com
  • mezzy
    mezzy Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It seems highly unlikely that the GMs will change the war times as these are the times the sevrer is used to now. I guess there will be a lot more 5am wars for me. b:sad
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    mezzy wrote: »
    It seems highly unlikely that the GMs will change the war times as these are the times the sevrer is used to now. I guess there will be a lot more 5am wars for me. b:sad

Make Deity stop spending money, and then the gms will be more inclined to start caring what you have to say since half their payroll comes from him lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Danyelle - Heavens Tear
    Danyelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well, fixed schedules in a game that serves the entire globe are a bad idea. I guess when they came up with TW they didn't really anticipate going worldwide with the game. Oh well... maybe they will come up with a significant change to the TW concept one day, but I am not holding my breath here.

(If you're looking for ideas how guild vs. guild combat can be done in a brilliant way without having fixed schedules, have a look at the GvG concept in Guild Wars...)
    Danyelle - Nocturne Faction
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Big bump b:avoid

So, any chance for a GM to reply to this? b:question
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I work EVERY weekend. i dont have a cooshy 9-5 mon-friday job and late evenings is the only time that I would be able to attend on weekends. its 9pm-midnight for me in my time zone which is perfect. My bf is in the uk, due to his work schedule and being a night owl anyways he actually just goes to bed when its over.

you cant please everyone, doesnt matter what time they choose it will lock out some people somewhere and someone will be upset and cry about it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'd like to point out that I agree they should change the TW times. It is a bit ridiculous. Truth is you can't satisfy everyone due to timezones and different work schedules but they should at least change it over to the weekend and run a poll on the site or something to decide what times.

However those screaming, "International!" need to look up the word. This is from encarta.com:

in-ter-na-tion-al
    adjective

Definition:
    1. involving several countries: involving two or more countries or their citizens
    2. crossing national boundaries: extending beyond or across national boundaries
    3. of relations among nations: dealing with or concerned with relations among nations

We'd be talking #1 here. For those who don't seem to understand, North America is made up of more than 1 country. We have the USA, Canada and even Mexico. So even if PWI decided to go strictly North America, they'd still be "International".

Yes, they did promise to be more accomodating to European players as well. They haven't followed up on that and should be shamed for it. But don't go screaming, "International! International!" when it doesn't need to include any place outside of North America to be such.

(And 11pm-1am is ridiculous for even west coasters [including me], on a Friday at least. Try midday on a weekend? I don't know. Poll it already. Just flippin' poll it. b:shutup)
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes, they did promise to be more accomodating to European players as well. They haven't followed up on that and should be shamed for it. But don't go screaming, "International! International!" when it doesn't need to include any place outside of North America to be such.

If we were talking pure semantics, you would be right. International is when more than 1 country is involved. So far, so good. But here comes the big "but". In advertisement, semantics do not matter, associations do. In the internet, the term "International" is being used by most people as in "world-wide", not as in "can eventually cross one border". In the case of PW the term "international" is clearly misleading, though, since they are catering mainly to NA and even locked out many regions of the world from their services at all.

In the end, if you are selling a game around the globe you shouldn't design fixed schedules into it, it will always be a failure, there is no way to fix that. That being said, the current times are probably the worst possible choice, since they are even bad for many North Americans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If we were talking pure semantics, you would be right. International is when more than 1 country is involved. So far, so good. But here comes the big "but". In advertisement, semantics do not matter, associations do. In the internet, the term "International" is being used by most people as in "world-wide", not as in "can eventually cross one border". In the case of PW the term "international" is clearly misleading, though, since they are catering mainly to NA and even locked out many regions of the world from their services at all.
    So it can be used either way and people assumed incorrectly. The fact that certain areas of the world are locked out (due to liscence copyrights) should've been a clue that they were not using that sense of the word. Or at least, they could not stand true to it. A mess up on both ends really.
    b:bye RETIRED