So is TW times never going to change?

Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Even at server time its 11pm-2am, how the blinking bannanas did the admins come up with this brilliant schedule? I'm a normal person and I don't play after midnight, and thats already pushing it.

Just please wake the hell up and set TW to something like 1-4pm or 2-5pm on saturdays and sundays, make fridays 6-9pm.

Seriousley this is damn ridicuous, 1/2 our guild is from european or related timezones. Not onyl that but players from EST have it even worse adn they live IN america! For me the 11pm war is at 8am the next day - thats kinda do-able privided i skip church(not gonna happen). For EST players its 2am-5am.. WAY TO GO, You couln't have picked a better time to **** 99% of the planet with.
Post edited by Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• phate
    phate Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    99% of the server is not Euro.
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    phate wrote: »
    99% of the server is not Euro.

Incorrect.

Regardless, some more thought and consideration could have been put in to the decision making process for the TW times. They said they would cater for Europeans and thus far all that has meant is allowing them to play on their servers. Not enough.

The times should be adjusted, in particular the SUNDAY time should not be so late 8pm - 11pm .. that's really pushing it for a lot of people, not just Europeans (happens to be 6am - 9am my time). I think if times on Sundays did not exceed the 12pm mark (finishing) then it'd be a-o-k.
  • Typhoon - Lost City
    Typhoon - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    So what exactly are the EST times for TW?
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    I just heard from ym guild the TW times written in game is actually in EST, although the server is in PST.

I think as a whole I'm speaking for everyone when I say that we want this confusion and BS to end.

1. We want the server time and event times to be the same
    2. Try to work it out so ppl dont need to do TW at 1am at sunday nights, we got work/school in the morning.
    3. As with #2 realise that USA isnt the ONLY place in the unvirse and put sat&sunday TW times to 2-5pm, so the rest of the world can join.
  • Typhoon - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    This may get more attention in the Suggestion Box forum.
    edited September 2008
    haha yes like the other suggestions of:

don't make the CS crazy expensive
    change the stupid guild rank names to make sense
    change the really dumb names like archosaur/venomancer
    allow us to zoom out about 2x more than current.
  • Deafjesus - Lost City
    Deafjesus - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    What happened to "International"?? Ever think about other countries' times?

To Russel-- No, International means many countries can play this game together. Not only us (USA/CA) <-- in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Which Character are you? --http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Internation means USA and Canada........
    They don't care about Europeans or other nations.
  • rax
    rax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    They shoud change the times. Why does every war have to start at 11pm when there are so many other options? We have alot of EU players in our guild and war at 5am for them just isnt doable. This is why alot of us left the MY server because of event times and here it starts again.
  • Oichi - Lost City
    Oichi - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    yeah i'm in the US and the time-span for TW is still ridiculous.
    it's from like 12pm-2am.
    edited September 2008
    russel wrote: »
    Internation means USA and Canada........
    They don't care about Europeans or other nations.

Explain to me how a TW event at midnight-2am is a "good" time for players in usa and canada then? Apparently you didn't even read the post properly.

The whole point of this is to try and highlight the fact that TW times is JUST AS BAD for players that are actually from USA/CANADA as it is for much of the rest of the world.
  • adra12
    adra12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I just heard from ym guild the TW times written in game is actually in EST, although the server is in PST.

I think as a whole I'm speaking for everyone when I say that we want this confusion and BS to end.

1. We want the server time and event times to be the same
    2. Try to work it out so ppl dont need to do TW at 1am at sunday nights, we got work/school in the morning.
    3. As with #2 realise that USA isnt the ONLY place in the unvirse and put sat&sunday TW times to 2-5pm, so the rest of the world can join.
    2-5pm is ridiculous that would unallow most american players to participate due to school/work, personaqlly id recommend moving the time up 2 hours to 9pm est(gmt -5) but if i was in europe i think id rather go to bed early and wake up just befoe 5 am to play than stay up til 5am
  • Meatshield - Lost City
    Meatshield - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    RQ has gotten the sunday 11pm time TWICE now. It is rediculous to try and get all your members on at a stupid time like that..

And I AM in the US.
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When kneeling before us gets old.
    RQClan.com
    edited September 2008
    adra12 wrote: »
    2-5pm is ridiculous that would unallow most american players to participate due to school/work, personaqlly id recommend moving the time up 2 hours to 9pm est(gmt -5) but if i was in europe i think id rather go to bed early and wake up just befoe 5 am to play than stay up til 5am

What are you doing in school on a saturday and sunday?
    Who works a full workday on saturday and sunday?

Ohh wait u probably didint read the "sat & sun" part right?
  • adra12
    edited September 2008
    no i didn;t read sat & sun although i do work some saturdays and i know a few people who work every saturday, also im willing to bet most american players aren't on during saturday afternoon. personally im in favor of the guild master picking the time of the TW, in which it must be between 6pm friday and 11pm sunday and for gvg based TW pick 3, 3 hour times and the game compares both guilds and picks a time that works well with both guilds choices(prefering attacker slightly, since in reality the attacker gets to choose his timing)
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I've never had a problem with the TW times, I can easily be on during those times but it IS a problem when most other people can't get on.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Typhoon - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    adra12 wrote: »
    no i didn;t read sat & sun although i do work some saturdays and i know a few people who work every saturday, also im willing to bet most american players aren't on during saturday afternoon. personally im in favor of the guild master picking the time of the TW, in which it must be between 6pm friday and 11pm sunday and for gvg based TW pick 3, 3 hour times and the game compares both guilds and picks a time that works well with both guilds choices(prefering attacker slightly, since in reality the attacker gets to choose his timing)

Oh well, can't accomodate everyone. What's being said is that Saturday afternoon will accomodate more people overall.
  • adra12
    edited September 2008
    I've never had a problem with the TW times, I can easily be on during those times but it IS a problem when most other people can't get on.
    me too for my schedule they are pretty perfect but i do understand that some people are cut out by the times
  • jebbediah
    jebbediah Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Even at server time its 11pm-2am, how the blinking bannanas did the admins come up with this brilliant schedule? I'm a normal person and I don't play after midnight, and thats already pushing it.

Just please wake the hell up and set TW to something like 1-4pm or 2-5pm on saturdays and sundays, make fridays 6-9pm.

Seriousley this is damn ridicuous, 1/2 our guild is from european or related timezones. Not onyl that but players from EST have it even worse adn they live IN america! For me the 11pm war is at 8am the next day - thats kinda do-able privided i skip church(not gonna happen). For EST players its 2am-5am.. WAY TO GO, You couln't have picked a better time to **** 99% of the planet with.

Why dont you wake the hell up?

Why dont you think before you speak?

Tw time is perfect for most families living in the usa.

Your the monority here

try to understand that please..
  • Ara - Lost City
    Ara - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    yes 11pm to 2am on a sunday is awesome for americans i bet, and even more awesome for europeans like me. I once again have to get my **** into the game at 5AM on a monday, or at least try to.

Good work there.

As if 4Am for Americans would be bad on a sunday, that would be 11PM for Europeans and therefore still reasonable.
  • calico
    calico Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    TW should be late at night. Its the only way ppl with a life can go out, have fun, and come back and still be able to TW. If u have a tw on sat at 2-5 not very many ppl would go. Thats when u do stuff and hang out.
  • Yami - Heavens Tear
    Yami - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    jebbediah wrote: »

Your the monority here

I think you should wake the hell up.

Not all players are living in the "usa".
    More players than u can imagine are playing from other places other than "usa".
    This is the "International" version of the game.
    Figure out what "International" means.

kthxbai
    Yami - Cleric - Heaven's Tear
    Testament - Barbarian - Heaven's Tear
    edited September 2008

Your the monority here

Excuse me but how is 11pm-1am a "perfect time"? It's only conveniant for single ppl between the ages of 19-25.
    If you are under 19 ur parents are going to kick ur **** for playing games so late.
    If you have a job you going to be to tired on monday for work, or your wife/girlfriend wil be angry at you for being at the pc when its "bed" time.
    So bascily what ur saying is ur a student that goes to bed at 3am anyways all the time and because it fits your disfunctional post teen years everything is just peachy for everyone?

And minority MY ****. 1/2 our whole guild is NOT from usa. Maybe you should just wake up and talk to other players in the game and see that a REALLY big portion is not from usa. Not to mentionas I previousley stated even in usa the time is bad.

I also work on saturdays(3 sat per month) and most ppl that work on saturday onyl work til 1pm or in shome form of shifts. Thats why I suggested 2pm so they can get time to go home.

Who goes out with friends at daytime? Have u EVER heard ur friends going "hey we're gonna hit the bar/club/dance/restaurant" at 2-5pm in the afternoon -ROFL
    Going out happens from 7/8pm till midnight or later, exactly the reason I'm suggesting earlier wars SO ppl can actually go out and have fun with friends etc.

Ps. to all americans that plan to respond with "we are team america and we don't care about your little problems", do us all a favour and just close the window and post some nonsense in another thread.
  • calico
    calico Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Removed by poster.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2008

11 pm to 2 am perfect for most families in the USA? You are kidding right?

The timing is perfect for the west coast user (8 pm to 11 pm). It sucks for all the eastern located players.

Do you expect someone who work on monday morning to stay up until 2 Am in the morning for TW?

Do you expect someone who worked hard all day long on friday to stay up until 2 AM in the morning of TW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yes, these times are ridiculous. The servers that are currently up are suppose to be East Coast servers too! 11pm should be the time TW ends, not the time it starts. Fix it.
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Possible solution: New server with time set to be more convenient for Europeans. It'll have to be done later to compensate for PW-MS anyways, might as well get started on it now.

And frankly the times are going to **** someone somewhere in the world regardless of where the servers are...
    Yes, these times are ridiculous. The servers that are currently up are suppose to be East Coast servers too! 11pm should be the time TW ends, not the time it starts. Fix it.

It IS on EST for Heaven's Tear. The game was designed to have wars at 11pm to not interfere with schedules (at least I think so). It IS a pain to have to do wars at 7pm PST you know... we have dinners and other things to do besides game...
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    how the blinking bannanas

LMFAO

10characters
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    What the Hell is with all these terrtories with TW at Sunday 10pm -6gmt? That's 3? 4? 5? am on Monday, a WORK DAY, for our euros.
    Hell, even for me, 10 pm until 1 am is pretty ****.

On a sunday, no TW should ever take place after 5pm -8 gmt. Some people have jobs, you know, the kind who fund this server yet are royally pissed at your heiro prices and not being able to attend TW (the primary point of the ENTIRE GAME) unless they quit their job.

Why don't you just rename the server PW-USA because no euro will ever be able to play here. I hear, surprisingly, that PW-MS site gets quite a bit of american traffic, so you must be pissing off more than just the euros...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.