World Map?

amarth
amarth Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
I put this in Beginners Guide too just incase. But i was wondering if theres a real good size updated world map i could find? i wana print it off and put it on my wall by my PC. I found an older one with different names for the Cities and stuff (assuming its an old english translated map from the older PW) if there IS one out there, id be greatful for it.. hell i'll even give the person 10k. thanks :P
Post edited by amarth on

Comments

• arthurbelvoul
    arthurbelvoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    If you mean a giant zoomed in world map, that would be pretty interesting. Hell, maybe I'd even get bored enough to make one.

*making it now*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lujan - Lost City
    Lujan - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Not sure if there are differences in this version from other versions but:

http://janelh.wdfiles.com/local--files/world-map/World_Map.jpg
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I have the one with the MY-en names at.. *goes to check* 4720 x 5380 Pixels (25.39 MPixels)its a 4Mb Jpg .

You'd have to go edit in the new names though :(

Theeeen.. I got the top half of the worldmap at : 16128 x 7168 Pixels (115.61 MPixels) (9Mb)
    and the bottom one at similar res. I could'nt sticth them at the time I made it cos my pc only has 1Gb RAM and it kinda dies when I try it.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    http://puresquare.com/uploads/Map.jpg

I compiled a map of the PWI world. It's true size is 8260x9140 but my computer couldn't handle the file saving as .jpg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lujan - Lost City
    Lujan - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Nice, is there a territories map for PWI as well? Preferably without any conquered territories on it. ;)
  • Tiamat - Heavens Tear
    Tiamat - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    aw I have none and curently there are two conquered territory on Heaven's Tear O_o maybe on Lost city I dono...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_Mule - Sanctuary
    The_Mule - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Does anyone know if a PWI version of this one exists?

http://www.ampota.com/pw/perfect-world-map/
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Does anyone know if a PWI version of this one exists?

http://www.ampota.com/pw/perfect-world-map/

b:shocked check Maiya's past few posts earlier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Longshot__ - Sanctuary
    __Longshot__ - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you wanted to print that on a home printer it'll take 30 pages, or you could take the picture to kinkos and they'll put it on a poster board 3 foot by 3 foot for about $20.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Or you resize it in photoshop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_Mule - Sanctuary
    The_Mule - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    b:shocked check Maiya's past few posts earlier.

If you use the link on my post it gives a magnifier and coordinates if you use the link as you mention it doesn't.

I suppose I should have been clearer.

Is there a map with the same functionality for PWI?
  • Cho_B - Sanctuary
    Cho_B - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Talking abt world map, i noticed certain landmarks resembles human organs. For example on the map, the Valley of Death (FB39) looks like b:shutup of a girl, and the red dot is placed right at the C-spot. Some stones and pillars to east of City of Lost resembles b:shutup of boy. Probably just coincidence or my eyes are playing tricks b:chuckle
  • smkhash
    smkhash Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Talking abt world map, i noticed certain landmarks resembles human organs. For example on the map, the Valley of Death (FB39) looks like b:shutup of a girl, and the red dot is placed right at the C-spot. Some stones and pillars to east of City of Lost resembles b:shutup of boy. Probably just coincidence or my eyes are playing tricks b:chuckle

lawlz ur just horny... better get that outta ur system...b:laugh
  • WereD - Heavens Tear
    WereD - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Finally have a worthy printer but find I cannot open the one at this location: http://puresquare.com/uploads/Map.jpg

Is there any chance it may be posted somewhere else...and if so, does it include the addition of the Rising Tide expansion?

Thank you Thank you...
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    nice 2 year necro dude lol
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    The reason it cannot be opened anymore is because I shut down my website because I stopped using it. However it does not include Rising Tide since it's been ages since I worked on that. I could include it later when I have time. If you want the original you can always PM me with your e-mail and I'll mail it to you, but I don't know of any imagehosts with no limit on filesize/dimensions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The reason it cannot be opened anymore is because I shut down my website because I stopped using it.
    b:sad
    b:cry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Care__giver - Heavens Tear
    Care__giver - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hey, and this IS serious. Does anybody that reads this have the ENTIRE map, including the stuff that has not come out, i found one, but it is for a diff game type and is only teritorries, plz people help me!!!b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] seriously people
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hey, and this IS serious. Does anybody that reads this have the ENTIRE map, including the stuff that has not come out, i found one, but it is for a diff game type and is only teritorries, plz people help me!!!b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry

Stuf that has not come out?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • DeadLights - Heavens Tear
    DeadLights - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    why sooo many necros today ?
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • _Rosaly_ - Lost City
    _Rosaly_ - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Although it doesn't have the rising tide expansion, I do feel this one is worth mentioning here:
    http://www.pwmap.ru/pwi/
    It's interactive and although the coords aren't all exactly accurate, it still gives a good indication of where stuff is.

And yeah... nice necro.
    In before the lock. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    http://www.ecatomb.net/map.php

It doesn't show raging tide but theres several others there and id like to know what the Lothranis ? and Momaganon Maps are

secret hive map: is of cube of fate

they have a house map o.0?

and ...Minsha Palace, Black Sand Palace ...?
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Hellhowl - Sanctuary
    Hellhowl - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    why sooo many necros today ?

And why are they not getting closed like they usually are?
    A troll is one of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts. As much as people may hate trolls, they are highly effective. Their actions bring much of the stupidity of other forum users out into the great wide open.

You call me a troll... like it's a bad thing. QQ more.

No longer playing PWI.
    edited April 2010
    And why are they not getting closed like they usually are?

becuase ppl obviously still have question. you would rather another thread? that might be later necro'd down the road? get over it.
    Retired Sage.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    http://www.ecatomb.net/map.php

It doesn't show raging tide but theres several others there and id like to know what the Lothranis ? and Momaganon Maps are

secret hive map: is of cube of fate

they have a house map o.0?

and ...Minsha Palace, Black Sand Palace ...?

Lothranis and Momaganon are sage and demon worlds. The house map is from when PW actually had a housing system in the P2P model. The other two palaces, I can't think of right now so I can't answer for those.
  • Hellhowl - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    becuase ppl obviously still have question. you would rather another thread? that might be later necro'd down the road? get over it.

Yeah, that's what you're supposed to do. You make a new thread instead of necroing an old one. Lose the attitude.
    A troll is one of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts. As much as people may hate trolls, they are highly effective. Their actions bring much of the stupidity of other forum users out into the great wide open.

No longer playing PWI.
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, that's what you're supposed to do. You make a new thread instead of necroing an old one. Lose the attitude.

It's funny when ppl say you could have used the search button instead of making another thread so they get pissed but then its ironic they get pissed when someone uses the search button and has a question to post there huh? and ill lose nothing cuase i haven't even began to have one. xP
    Retired Sage.
  • Hellhowl - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    It's funny when ppl say you could have used the search button instead of making another thread so they get pissed but then its ironic they get pissed when someone uses the search button and has a question to post there huh? and ill lose nothing cuase i haven't even began to have one. xP

Go read the TOS.

No longer playing PWI.
    edited April 2010
    now if i post the questions i have after someone already necro'ed this ? considered a usless thread.
    Retired Sage.
This discussion has been closed.