Game kinda dies at 40+ doesn't it?

Arietta - Heavens Tear
Arietta - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
Not really so much an issue of content (as by balancing my DQs and my normal quests I have yet to run out of normal quests) as it is pricing of in game items. Even by selling a majority of my drops I still find myself unable to break the 30K coin marker at any time. And most recently it's a rarity for my to break 25K because repairs and potion replacement costs are far higher than the coin generated by quests and sell backs. With all this money being spend on potions it gets kinda hard to keep up with weapons and armor, and I'm pretty sure my skills are a good 10 levels behind all around.

<< This is supposed to be a F2P MMO? Lower potion prices please. Even a measly 10% would help balance out level 40+ PVE gameplay.
Post edited by Arietta - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kiira - Heavens Tear
    Kiira - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I find it dies a lot sooner than that to be honest. How any could enjoy quest after quest of just killing a certain number of a particular monster is beyond me. Maybe I'm just too used to playing Guild Wars after 3 years. :confused:
  • Djtavo - Lost City
    Djtavo - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    nope, you failed. and you are a WF, so an EPIC fail.
  • marccc
    marccc Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i find it funny i have to sell lvl 40 pots that i cant use (im lvl 33) just to buy lvl 30 pots.
    the irony.
    please lower pot price, i can barely make 20k a run and all that is gone after i repot, sometimes i go out with a broken equip. If this game is based on who has the most heiros im quitting.
  • Ravendawn - Heavens Tear
    Ravendawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Actually 40+ is when the game gets good, but at 60+ it gets way better. My suggestion is get in a good guild, that may help the cash flow issue.
  • ehrde
    ehrde Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I find it dies a lot sooner than that to be honest. How any could enjoy quest after quest of just killing a certain number of a particular monster is beyond me. Maybe I'm just too used to playing Guild Wars after 3 years. :confused:

is it because of the lack of heroes and henchies? hehe

anyway, i find having a veno really useful when experiencing cash problems. make one to fund ur other characters. the only pots ur ever really gonna need(if ever) r ones u get as drops.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    nothing can compare to GW in terms of pvp.

I played in the top 100 GW pvp and now I find it pathetic elitists in lost city actually pride themselves on their "skills" in a game that has almost 0 serious competitive value.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • crimezone
    crimezone Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    GW isn't half as much fun as this...

anywayz that's not what this discussion is about
    It's not the quests that maken this game fun 2 me...it's more the parties and doing dungeons and stuff like that 2gether...sure the quests get boring...but that's in any game...try getting in a nice faction and party a lot...
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yes, the quests and fun(if that's what you want to call it) stop at level 42, after that you are grinding the majority of your level out. 60+ you are grinding 80-90% of your level out, you get 1-3 quests a level and they are same stupid stuff - kill 70 mobs.

The problems that you are just now noticing is what any experienced player has been saying from day one. The game is a grind and it's cash shop based. Hierograms need to be affordable for all, or its just not worth playing.
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited September 2008

It's better than other games were you JUST grind. I've played Flyff up to lvl 92. You get 1! Quest every 2! levels and you gain 20%. The rest you grind, at lvl 92 I got 00.02% per mob. This game is like disneyland compared to Flyff insanity. Don't even want to start on MapleStory, the grind there is ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renowhoyawad - Lost City
    Renowhoyawad - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It's better than other games were you JUST grind. I've played Flyff up to lvl 92. You get 1! Quest every 2! levels and you gain 20%. The rest you grind, at lvl 92 I got 00.02% per mob. This game is like disneyland compared to Flyff insanity. Don't even want to start on MapleStory, the grind there is ****.

omg you have to be a no lifer to play MapleStory...that game takes for freakin ever to even get to lvl 20..I got to level 45 in Maplestory and that took me MONTHS!!

I think PW should increase the exp rating once you hit like lvl 30-40 or at least have EXP events
    How to pronounce my name part by part: Reno-who-ya-wad
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    omg you have to be a no lifer to play MapleStory...that game takes for freakin ever to even get to lvl 20..I got to level 45 in Maplestory and that took me MONTHS!!

I think PW should increase the exp rating once you hit like lvl 30-40 or at least have EXP events

Immature little brat, don't you dare assume **** like that about me ever again.
    I spent one year of casual playing to get a lvl 72 priest. Then quit.

I have a life, I have a full time job. Thank you very much. Idiot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Wow never, a lil overly defensive there?

Anyways this is a mmo, honestly what did u expect? You got fee exp from daily quests, u get loads of exp helping noobie do fb's and much much more. If you want this to be the solo game GW is then ur in the wrong place. This game is all about getting a big group of fun buddies and doing stuff like helping each other craft stuff, fninsh quests, do fb's, do HH, or just chill and talk nosnense while browsing for baragains in the stallls.

Its not like you can just go *poof* now im lvl 105 and all I'm going to do all day long is PWNZORZ in pvp (like GW), its all about the journey to get there. If you do just one thing(like pvp) all day long in the game pertty damn soon its going to get boring and u'll leave. Thus the whole point of the game is to give you more things to entertain urself with and unlock new things to do.

(btw DQ is just one huge major disgusting money sink hole, sell the drops and pots will be easy to get)
  • Zanko - Lost City
    Zanko - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You think the game dies after lvl 40??

Lol let me tell you something honey the game doesn't start getting good till lvl 60+

You have low money from buying pots, then why the heck you buy pots??
    I never bought a single potion from NPC, I solo without potions all the time, and after lvl 30 you should start being in partys with a cleric, that way you dont and should not need potions.

Or if you have the time farm mats to create your own potions.
    But your lvl 40+ so you shouldnt lvl without a cleric

Zanko~
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Not really so much an issue of content (as by balancing my DQs and my normal quests I have yet to run out of normal quests) as it is pricing of in game items. Even by selling a majority of my drops I still find myself unable to break the 30K coin marker at any time. And most recently it's a rarity for my to break 25K because repairs and potion replacement costs are far higher than the coin generated by quests and sell backs. With all this money being spend on potions it gets kinda hard to keep up with weapons and armor, and I'm pretty sure my skills are a good 10 levels behind all around.

<< This is supposed to be a F2P MMO? Lower potion prices please. Even a measly 10% would help balance out level 40+ PVE gameplay.

Are you selling your drops to players or NPCs? If you're doing the latter, you're being ripped off. Nevertheless, this is a F2P MMO, which means they have to try to make buying stuff more appealing to people so they can stay in business.
  • Zanko - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    I sell all my drops and DQ items to NPC, never set a stall in my life in PW, and never bought a single potion, and guess what I have about 800k at lvl 39.

And I dont buy my weapons and equips, I craft them, so technically I don't buy anything from NPC or other players in game, I make my own items.

Zanko~
  • Negative - Lost City
    Negative - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008

Lol let me tell you something honey the game doesn't start getting good till lvl 60+

I never bought a single potion from NPC, I solo without potions all the time, and after lvl 30 you should start being in partys with a cleric, that way you dont and should not need potions.

Zanko~

+1

The main thing I hear a lot about for this game in particular is that late-game partying becomes a key factor in leveling up well and keeping up good money etc. Of course you can solo in the game but it will take a while as this game was not primarily designed to be a solo-mania game. From my experience in most MMO's you'll find that partying will be much faster, entertaining, sociable, and beneficial in a lot of aspects that will actually help you enjoy the game more. It's a Massive MULTIPLAYER Online game--I suggest you use that capitalized word to your advantage and get to know people.

Now of course there aren't a lot of things that have been implemented yet like the horse races, arena's, etc. not to mention that this game itself may not have a lot of unique features to make it the most entertaining game to ever exist, so if even partying right now and meeting up with guildies doesn't suit your fancy it is totally understandable. For that case I suggest you look for another game then (but I warn you, most are P2P or not out yet).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I played flyff too, I didn't get past level 87 D:<
    So far the amount of quests here is insane
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • matthew
    edited September 2008

Zanko~

Why the heck do you buy potions? Maybe because it takes five minutes to regen? Level up a little bit man...I want to see you reach end game without using a potion or hiero. Hell, I want to see you reach level 60 without using a potion.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Immature little brat, don't you dare assume **** like that about me ever again.
    I spent one year of casual playing to get a lvl 72 priest. Then quit.

I have a life, I have a full time job. Thank you very much. Idiot.

haha in the world of f2p MMO you can brag about having a job.

awesome. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • necroreaver
    necroreaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    im only lvl 28 and a lvl 7 looked at me like i was a god, now granted that was weird but on GW you dont have that my 5 year old nephew could capp on that game, not that GW is a bad game but it is just hurry capp get equip then pvp, at least there is some accomplishment here plus since there are no 105s (on pvp) actually none even close think the highest is like 70ish there is still plenty of room to be top dog in pvp. only worry i have is TW im afriad 2 factions will run it all but since its open idk maybe enuff ppl will come to fight.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    haha you call high levels accomplishments?

in GW the beauty is everyone is level 20 and yet you can STILL tell very easily whoes a good player and who is not. you can tell by the way they move, the way they cast spells, the way they choose their weapon sets, the targets they select etc etc etc thats why you can win real money in real tournaments.

in GW sure you can have emotes and stuff when you play high end PvP. But the accomplishment comes when you steadily work your way to the top and finally be accepted into a top GvG guild. When people see you in the arenas, given they have the same gear, same weapons and same skills as you, once they see your guild tag they will **** themselves.

You probably have not enjoyed that part of the game yet. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Zanko - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    matthew wrote: »
    Why the heck do you buy potions? Maybe because it takes five minutes to regen? Level up a little bit man...I want to see you reach end game without using a potion or hiero. Hell, I want to see you reach level 60 without using a potion.

You dont have to see see me reach lvl 60+, I have a lvl 9x and 6x in PW-China!
    Just grind in a party with a cleric, and if you cant find a cleric just grind on monsters 2-4 lvls lower than you, and if this still doesnt work out for you and your desperate for potions then collect mats and craft your own potions, crafted potions like life powder and such are 10 times better than NPC potions and they dont cost you a single cent.

But seriously you shouldnt lvl without a cleric anytime pass lvl 40, this game is party based, you lvl faster in a party than soloing.

Zanko~
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I sell all my drops and DQ items to NPC, never set a stall in my life in PW, and never bought a single potion, and guess what I have about 800k at lvl 39.

And I dont buy my weapons and equips, I craft them, so technically I don't buy anything from NPC or other players in game, I make my own items.

Zanko~

Wow... that's really impressive.

/NOT sarcasm

How much time do you play to do all that?
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Harvest every resource node you find, and sell what you dont need yourself.
    Sell arrows and potions in a player shop overnight for more than vendor will pay.
    Sell equipment in player shop that is decent instead of vendoring it.
    Sell dragon quest item that you dont use in player shop.

Use teleport sparingly. A good fast mount (11m/sec) will pay for itself over time, even though it is a heavy outlay to begin with.
  • Sevendust - Lost City
    Sevendust - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I just think there is not enough people at the top yet you know. Like the In game enonomy is still building and so are people with lvl's anyone at like lvl 50+ is at teh front lines of this game and set trends but to the pot sittuation. Yes that is a problem even at low lvl. They should be cheaper or instantly heal.

I also think Teleporting is just nutts. That should bel ike 50 coins to 100. I can see dungeons or some wierd demon world being 3 to 8k
  • leozap
    leozap Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ..I've already got 5Gold(traded with around 450K coins) and another 100k coins in my bag.
    and Im only lvl27.
    you just need to know how to make money.
  • thugstaz
    thugstaz Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    need gold? go grind and sell your DQ drops and you're done
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    marccc wrote: »
    If this game is based on who has the most heiros im quitting.
    Good luck in finding a new game. I suggest a game with a set monthly fee.
    nothing can compare to GW in terms of pvp.

I played in the top 100 GW pvp and now I find it pathetic elitists in lost city actually pride themselves on their "skills" in a game that has almost 0 serious competitive value.
    GW can't compare to L2, and PW is almost as good as L2. Fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • matthew
    edited September 2008
    You dont have to see see me reach lvl 60+, I have a lvl 9x and 6x in PW-China!
    Just grind in a party with a cleric, and if you cant find a cleric just grind on monsters 2-4 lvls lower than you, and if this still doesnt work out for you and your desperate for potions then collect mats and craft your own potions, crafted potions like life powder and such are 10 times better than NPC potions and they dont cost you a single cent.

But seriously you shouldnt lvl without a cleric anytime pass lvl 40, this game is party based, you lvl faster in a party than soloing.

Zanko~

Cuz, farming herb for potions is a waste of time, in the same time you farm the herb to make potions you could have sat on the ground and regened the mana. You are missing the point. And dude, how in the hell is grouping with a cleric going to give me 100 mana regen a second? It's not; grouping with a cleric will give me a piddly 10 mana regen at best.
  • thugstaz
    thugstaz Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i buy pots/charms from players/ skills

right now im out of SP and got 800k gold left