can we grow without item shop?

crop
crop Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
can we grow and lvling up without using item shop or we must buy from item shop?
Post edited by crop on

Comments

• ambie
    ambie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    we can grow, think of it as plant feed.
    Though the plant is healthy and growing anyways the feed will just speed things up, or make it healthy, i dont know much about growing plants so i dont know why i used plants in that statement, ah well.

Yes we can grow it will just be slow.
  • mazterl
    mazterl Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ambie wrote: »
    Though the plant is healthy and growing anyways the feed will just speed things up, or make it healthy, i dont know much about growing plants so i dont know why i used plants in that statement, ah well.

I like that comparison Ambie. Works well enough to get the idea :)
    "Normality is the Death of Personality,
    Less Idelogy, More Fantasy."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xylent
    xylent Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well if you take is casually, die a few times since you have no heiro, etc... you will eventually end up with more skill points earlier than most people of the same level. So its not all bad but for most of the content you will want to lvlup fast.
  • prophetofpain
    prophetofpain Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    on my-en i used to lvl with hieos and it was very fast .... played to 57. it's definitly possible to reach higher lvls without any mall stuff but prepare to invest a lot of time ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity!
  • vigarlunaris
    vigarlunaris Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    As all Time Itemshops will made you're "Work" a little bit easier, but hopefully will not be needed before reaching the max. Level. After that ... well take a look around if there are some nice items are offered!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everyone is a moon and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody
  • stroopwafel
    stroopwafel Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ambie wrote: »

You could say that Cash Shop is like Sh*t/manure/fertilizer. It's an unhealthy bi-product but does make things grow faster :P
  • crop
    crop Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    thanx for ur advice i like it so much :o
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Heiros can be obtainable from other players, no?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    wtf is Heiros? :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kuailiang
    kuailiang Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hierograms makes your life much easier. It's a fact, you can beat mobs after mobs without having to care about pressing the potion button or watching your HP unless you're fighting multiple mobs which you are weak against (like physical mobs vs robe user) or fighting multiple poisonous mobs.

Everything else: trumpets, fashions, aviations, mounts, fireworks and so on...is completly optional and should be considered a luxury.
  • wimpknuckles
    edited August 2008
    Yes......so my freakin'question is once again: ''Is it obtainable from other players through gold?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kifli
    kifli Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    fireblood wrote: »
    Peeps why can't ya learn its spelling?
    It's called Hiero, not heiro, hero, heeeero etc.
    Its "true" name is hierogram which restores your health and/or mana pool after a certain percent. E.g. The vital hierogram heals you back to maximum if your health goes below 50% while the spirit one gives back mp below 75%.
    Hope you get it now;)
    EDIT: and dang it I write too slow >_>
    EDIT2: yes you can buy it from other players if they're selling it. Of course it might cost more than the hiero from the item mall
  • wimpknuckles
    edited August 2008
    Unbelievable....>.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008

its a Cash shop item that once your HP hits 50% it 'ticks' and restores your HP to full

or if you have a MP Heiro at 75% it 'ticks' and restores it to full

MP heiros have a 5 second cool down, hp have a 10 second cool down

Yes they can, everything can be obtained from other players.
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2008

they are like items that you equip that automatically heals you when you get lower than 50% was it? either 50 or 75...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Vital heiros is HP below 50.
    Spirit is MP below 75.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • wimpknuckles
    edited August 2008
    Finnaly I got my answer \o/ Thank god
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • haradeaz
    haradeaz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    So basicly an option were you have tp pay for what was already in archlord for free :s
    This really lowers my joy for playing this game :)

But time will tell I guess ^^
  • taelrak
    taelrak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Assuming there's a wipe at the end of CB (I didn't read all those threads so I've no clue about this), would people really be willing to pay for hieros in CB if they know they'll just get wiped?
  • lockhart
    lockhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    taelrak wrote: »
    Assuming there's a wipe at the end of CB (I didn't read all those threads so I've no clue about this), would people really be willing to pay for hieros in CB if they know they'll just get wiped?

Well I doubt there will be a Cash Shop to buy them from in CB, since they currently are planning on a wipe after it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mihimaru ~ 4x Venomancer ~ Starlight ~ Heaven's Tear
    CB tester :D
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    taelrak wrote: »

they won't implement the cash shop in cb (at least not for real dollars, if we see it at all i guess it'll be as pre-loaded with play money).

no company would take money away knowing they're going to wipe.
  • keithtan69
    keithtan69 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    A tip for you. If u want more money, do not do dragon quest. Sell the material instead, good money
  • taelrak
    edited August 2008
    keithtan69 wrote: »
    A tip for you. If u want more money, do not do dragon quest. Sell the material instead, good money

Good advice. I've always made more money by selling dq mats and buying gold tablets in the long run. You lose out on some exp, but there are more efficient ways to get exp anyway.
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I dont really agree on the DQ thing, the exp DQ gives is on par with Eunice up at least in 40s-50s, which is a blessing for people who hate grinding, but anyway, its only worth doing when you are sure you will get silver or gold tabs, because bronze ones arent worth anything decent... However at least in my-en a single silver tab is already worth more than all the DQ items you need to finish the quest, I usually sell them for 350K

What really does make good money is selling mats, not DQ items... Specially if youre not looking to max out your production skills... I started playing in July and had around 4 million now, at lvl 50, all from selling mats, buying low selling high in auction hall and stalls, dq tabs, mirage stones, celestial stones, etc
  • freakhacker
    freakhacker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008

Boost... (more exp, ETC...)
  • loktoris
    loktoris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Boost... (more exp, ETC...)

Wrong. :rolleyes:

It's like autopot without the pots. The different levels of hierograms; Gold, Silver, and Bronze, each contain a different amount of hp/mp to be spent (gold containing the most, bronze the least).

When your hp or mp (depending on which hierogram you have) drops to a certain point (in MY-EN hp hiero is set at 50% and mp at 75%) the hiero "pops or autopots". Consuming the amount of hp or mp that it replaces. Then you have to wait a small cooldown period before this can happen again.

These devices can become very costly, especially if you use alot of mp or take alot of damage.
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    loktoris wrote: »
    Wrong. :rolleyes:

It's like autopot without the pots. The different levels of hierograms; Gold, Silver, and Bronze, each contain a different amount of hp/mp to be spent (gold containing the most, bronze the least).

When your hp or mp (depending on which hierogram you have) drops to a certain point (in MY-EN hp hiero is set at 50% and mp at 75%) the hiero "pops or autopots". Consuming the amount of hp or mp that it replaces. Then you have to wait a small cooldown period before this can happen again.

These devices can become very costly, especially if you use alot of mp or take alot of damage.
    So its an auto potter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I guess you could call it a gold hiero an auto pot with 600 K life LOL

Hieros are actually very worth buying if you use them wisely, not just going through a whole one in 1 hour of AOE -_-'

Whats the point of that **** anyway, people even go AFK? I mean, YOURE HERE TO HAVE FUN PLAYING A GAME, and while youre in AOE youre neither

1 - Having fun
    2 - Playing the game
  • wimpknuckles
    edited August 2008
    How much is a Hiero worth with in-game gold? =o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taelrak
    edited August 2008
    kaeriin wrote: »
    I guess you could call it a gold hiero an auto pot with 600 K life LOL

Hieros are actually very worth buying if you use them wisely, not just going through a whole one in 1 hour of AOE -_-'

Whats the point of that **** anyway, people even go AFK? I mean, YOURE HERE TO HAVE FUN PLAYING A GAME, and while youre in AOE youre neither

1 - Having fun
    2 - Playing the game

The alternative is to grind, which is essentially pressing 1 button over and over again since you can make combos). I don't see 80 hours of pressing a single button as "playing" either.

At least in zhen, you can chat. Also, zhen isn't quite so uneventful as you might think. On Oracle PW-MY (and I assume on Delphi too), all the major guilds had some KOS with each other at one point or another. There's always the chance (and sometimes certainty) that you'll be interrupted to pk.

It's also not like grinding isn't a drain on hieros either. An efficient grinder, especially in fish or butterflies, means nonstop casting without pause (for a caster). You're still draining mp like crazy, although you can pot to make up for it to some degree while grinding.