Four servers?

Options
karmelia
karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
From what I saw, there will be 4 servers running : 2 for East Coast and 2 for West Coast. One PvE and one PvP for each zone.

I guess europeans will have a better ping on the east coast one.

As I probably will too, since I'm on the Canadian Eastern area.

If you have some friends playing with you, make sure you'll all choose the same server in the same zone :D

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
Post edited by karmelia on

Comments

• ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Oy. Well, WEST PVP FTW!
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    Options
    they cant make that many servers, where is the fun?
  • nounours
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    From what I saw, there will be 4 servers running : 2 for East Coast and 2 for West Coast. One PvE and one PvE for each zone.

are u that tired?
    go take a break
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nounours wrote: »
    they cant make that many servers, where is the fun?

It's rather a good idea.

Players from Europe and the East Coast will have a better ping on the East Coast Servers. Europe will have an almost direct connection to the servers through the oceanic cables going under the Atlantic ocean, instead of having to go through all the US continent to reach the West Coast.

Players from the West Coast, Asia, Autralia, New-Zeland, etc...will have a better ping on the West Coast servers.

I'll rather have 4 reasonnably populated servers than 2 overcrowded ones.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    4 servers... meh i just hope there will be enough players to fill them all. Of course i'm going for the one with the lower ping for me.

nounours, doubleposting again? there is an edit button.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nounours
    edited August 2008
    Options
    what if you have friends in west zone (and u, you belong to the east).?
    why can't they just a make a "super server" with what you get a good pig, no matter where you are!
  • nounours
    edited August 2008
    Options
    soukyuu wrote: »
    4 servers... meh i just hope there will be enough players to fill them all. Of course i'm going for the one with the lower ping for me.

nounours, doubleposting again? there is an edit button.

I dont like messy stuff, so i prefer all to be clean and clear, ya! ;)
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    East Server - Lost City FTW!!!
    bye ark~ it was nice knowing you *wishes ark would choose East server - Lost city*

"This is not the west, this is the east. The sun does not set here, it raises"
    (original dialogue is from shangai noon, this one is altered)

Suggestion to the Admins:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... please don't separate us. make 2 pvp server interlinked so people can travel back and forth and stay with their friends (who had the spine to play on pvp)
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • nounours
    edited August 2008
    Options
    severan wrote: »
    East Server - Lost City FTW!!!
    bye ark~ it was nice knowing you

"This is not the west, this is the east. The sun does not set here, it raises"
    (original dialogue is from shangai noon, this one is altered)

YOu see? the fun is alredy going,
    people are saying bye for each other, and they will be sad playing alone:(
    bad bad that idea to make 4 servers, really bad.

It makes me think about pw-my, where were many people, omg thats bad!

Suggestion to the Admins:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... please don't separate us. make 2 pvp server interlinked so people can travel back and forth and stay with their friends (who had the spine to play on pvp)

This is such bad, separate to big lovers!!
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    They should have it like this

1. PVP servers:
    ---> EAST
    ---> West

2. PVE Servers:
    ---> EAST
    ---> West

where the colours represent a group of server between which we can travel. i honestly dont wanna loose friends in a game like this because of servers -.- that sucks
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • nounours
    edited August 2008
    Options
    They should have it like this

1. PVP servers:
    ---> EAST
    ---> West

2. PVE Servers:
    ---> EAST
    ---> West

where the colours represent a group of server between which we can travel. i honestly dont wanna loose friends in a game like this because of servers -.- that sucks

Oh ya thats a really grate idea,
    they should realy do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can an international game, can separate everybody?
    wondering if pw-eu has less servers...
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nounours wrote: »
    why can't they just a make a "super server" with what you get a good pig, no matter where you are!

Lag have little to do with the server's power, unless it's a undergrade machine.

Simply put, the more hops you have between you and your destination, the more prone you are to hit a bottleneck that will make you lag badly.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

• wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hmm, isn't PvE purely exp grinding in this game for the most part?
    So a PvP server would be wiser to choose ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • massamune
    massamune Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I haven't seen anything official either way, but I strongly suspect ALL the servers will be physically located in California, with just things like the TW times adjusted for east and west among them.

Hey I could be totally wrong, i haven't seen anything about this yet, but it seems an awfully big investment of resources and effort to put servers in two physical locations.

It's too bad PW has never supported shards, they're so much better than having a lot of servers.
  • vyron
    vyron Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i honestly dont wanna loose friends in a game like this because of servers -.- that sucks

Why not tell your friend to play on the same server as you?

Ding ding ding! :eek:
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hmm, isn't PvE purely exp grinding in this game for the most part?
    So a PvP server would be wiser to choose ;)
    You can still PvP on the PvE server. The only thing you cannot do is PK anyone at will. And it's not PvE but optionalPvP server. People who are against this type of server are calling it PvE to confuse people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rayw
    rayw Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    What I see when I open the CB client is that there are two servers to pick from:

Heavens Tear (PVE)
    Lost City (PVP)
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    Options
    so maybe the "4 servers" are just 4 login gateways but there are really only 2 servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vyron
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You can still PvP on the PvE server. The only thing you cannot do is PK anyone at will. And it's not PvE but optionalPvP server. People who are against this type of server are calling it PvE to confuse people.

It's called a PvE server because people dont have to look over their shoulders for PKs and can concentrate on the content.

So PvE is the correct answer.

Optional PvP? LOL

"Hey buddy, Lets go play on the OPvP server"?

PvE servers are called that for a reason and its not due to the lack of PvP. There are many games out there that have "Optional PvP" also known as "selective voluntary flagging" in some cases.

Show me a game where the server is listed as "Optional PvP".

Dont spread BS? :rolleyes:
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    rayw wrote: »
    What I see when I open the CB client is that there are two servers to pick from:

Heavens Tear (PVE)
    Lost City (PVP)

Click on the "switch" button beside the server's name . You'll see "East" and "West" button above the server list window

• karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    vyron wrote: »
    IDont spread BS? :rolleyes:

There are some threads about this subject already if you want to argue about that...

• itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

*Carebear server

EDIT: do you have your teacup set ready and polished for the nice and fluffy picnics to come?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vyron
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    There are some threads about this subject already if you want to argue about that...
    Sorry you didnt understand this meaning. It was based on a response.

There is no thread with this subject header. It's ok thou. :)
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    itch wrote: »
    *Carebear server

EDIT: do you have your teacup set ready and polished for the nice and fluffy picnics to come?

And the PvP server = gankers servers

EDIT : are you ready to be PKed endlessly by gankers 20+ levels above you?

• soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    Options
    vyron wrote: »
    It's called a PvE server because people dont have to look over their shoulders for PKs and can concentrate on the content.

So PvE is the correct answer.
    PvE server means you can ONLY PvE, there is no PvP element at all. Which isn't true.
    Dont spread BS? :rolleyes:
    itch wrote: »
    *Carebear server
    YHELLOTHAR, WANPKNIK?

edit: yay, it's starting again. who wants popcorn?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well this'll be interesting. I'm in Minnesota, halfway between the west coast and east coast. :?

Eenie, meenie, miney...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • massamune
    massamune Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Every bloody topic on here gets derailed on this pvp thing, it's really sad. I mean I don't even feel like posting much around here cause there's just too many idiots saturating the boards with hostility and ignorance.

Get a life people, pick whichever server you want on the 19th and stay out of everyone elses business. Either that or go cry about it in one of the many established topics on the subject.

The one thing we can be sure of is there's no shortage of players. Both servers are going to fill up quickly. Trying to recruit for one of disparage the other is just pathetic and unnecessary.

-.-"

To the admins: Choices are good, and thanks for the surprise of additional options (the East/West thing.)
  • tolan
    tolan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Guys, please get over yourselves. The PvP/PvE war is getting to be a really old tune, and I'd really like you to at least argue about something new if you can't bring yourselves to get along.

As for east and west coast... Eh. Some of it's unavoidable. Tech is tech, and you gotta play with the cards you're given. I'll be playing on PvE server that offers me the lowest lag.

-Tolan
    I'm a Christian looking for a clean experience in a free MMO. No, I'm not crazy.
  • vyron
    edited August 2008
    Options
    PvE server means you can ONLY PvE, there is no PvP element at all. Which isn't true.

You are not telling me anything new.

I know the PvE servers have a PvP element to them, just like the PvE "WoW" servers. But they are not called "OPvP servers". That name does not exist.

You need to stop trying to Police people too much acting like you know everything there is in MMOs.
    You dont and I dont either!

I've been playing MMOs since they emerged (Familiar with M59, UO, Muds?) maybe you are too young to know those games, I dont know...but anyway..

Your post count will still go up with non-bashing replies. Try it once in awhile.

Just because you may have more knowledge of the message boards of this particular game, doesn't make your opinions feasible to attack anothers opinion or judgement rudely.

"Those with the most opinions tend to have the fewest facts"

Edit: And my BS comment was humorous sarcasm. /sigh
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I know the PvE servers have a PvP element to them, just like the PvE "WoW" servers. But they are not called "OPvP servers". That name does not exist.
    You know it and i know it. But do people who start playing MMOs know that? i doubt it. If they search for the definition of "PvE", they will find a "players versus environment". Chances are high they will assume there is no PvP in the "PvE" server. This is how i see it and that's why i think the name PvE is wrong.
    I've been playing MMOs since they emerged (Familiar with M59, UO, Muds?) maybe you are too young to know those games, I dont know...but anyway..
    Yes, i know UO. Quitted it after being tired to lose all my equips to a KoSer several times... ah, good times xD
    Your post count will still go up with non-bashing replies. Try it once in awhile.
    I - don't - care - about - my - post - count.
    Was that clear enough? Or should i Pm the admins and ask them to reduce my postcount to 0 to prove this?
    Just because you may have more knowledge of the message boards of this particular game, doesn't make your opinions feasible to attack anothers opinion or judgement rudely.
    I already told you why i sometimes react like this - not in all my posts. And i still think that if you can't use the search function or read stickied threads you have to deal with this kinds of replies.
    Edit: And my BS comment was humorous sarcasm. /sigh
    my edit wasn't directed at you bu at the fact itch & karmelia started the PvP/PvE thing again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.