Forum Moderators *To Admins*

sealed
sealed Posts: 781
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Hey I was wondering if PWI Forums will be recruiting Moderators that players are capable to become if they are qualified. Any idea how or when this will happen?
I would really like to become a Moderator and help the forums to maintain its balance and help others out:D

sealed~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Member moderators is an absolutely terrible idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    We already have enough pseudo member moderators as it is. Just let the real mods do their jobs :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    koz wrote: »
    We already have enough pseudo member moderators as it is. Just let the real mods do their jobs :)

You mean SouKyarmelia, the nearly identical guys who get flamed in irc every day? That's exactly why members shouldn't be moderators.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • koz
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    You mean SouKyarmelia, the nearly identical guys who get flamed in irc every day? That's exactly why members shouldn't be moderators.

Huh? Who the heck is that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sealed
    edited August 2008
    I just want to participate in helping the forums maintain its control, why is everyone so negative?? D:

sealed~
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    Soukyuu + karmelia. They're indistinguishable, might as well mash their names together.

edit: [20:02] <Gemini> people asking for it, are definitely NOT suited for it

^^^^ that's what's wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • legendzeratul
    legendzeratul Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I think it's a great idea :P. I dunno maybe everyone's just getting too anxious about the game or they are feeling down. Ren don't name some random person and expect us to know him/her :P.

EDIT:(Time??) I sorta agree with people asking for it not deserving it, but that doesn't include everybody.
  • koz
    edited August 2008
    Soukyuu + karmelia. They're indistinguishable, might as well mash their names together.

Ahh i picked out karmelia but wasn't sure who the other one was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sealed
    edited August 2008

You dont just ask to become a moderator and boom your one, theirs more too it, I've been a Forum Moderator a lot of times, its not as easy to become one, nor it is easy to be one.

sealed~
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    Honestly the only reason I can see to make moderators is for locking dumb repeated topics, with locking as their only power. I'm sick of seeing repeat topics "Is pw free?" and people bumping it to say the same things.

But I'd still be against it, regular players shouldn't have their e-phallus stroked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koz
    edited August 2008
    Honestly the only reason I can see to make moderators is for locking dumb repeated topics, with locking as their only power. I'm sick of seeing repeat topics "Is pw free?" and people bumping it to say the same things.

But I'd still be against it, regular players shouldn't have their e-phallus stroked.

I can see your point on this. I also might add the threads "when is closed beta" and the repeated pvp/pve topics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sealed wrote: »
    Hey I was wondering if PWI Forums will be recruiting Moderators that players are capable to become if they are qualified. Any idea how or when this will happen?

2 ways I guess :

one : admin will ask you about it.

two : they will ask for people who may be interrested.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • sealed
    edited August 2008

Moderator:
    1. Move topics to their original section
    2. Make sure players are using appropriate language and behavior
    3. Help out new players, and if they make a thread thats already been made inform them about the search button and check before making such threads in the feature
    4. Control people who spam or post a reply that doesnt fit with the Threads Categorie or Topic
    5. Make the forum a better place, ecourage players what they do, and always be positive

These are a few reasons, it might sounds easy but it sure isnt, been a Mod a lot of times so I speak from self experience :p

Listen, I just want to know from the Admins how will Moderator system work, will players be capable to qualify if they are worthy, or will the company provide Moderators for the forums, its just to know more about this categorie, not to argue about it.

Sealed~
  • koz
    edited August 2008
    Ultimately it's up to the admins whether or not to have member mods. Some games do and some games don't. We'll just have to wait and see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lol, contribute to the community is good. I just spent time on the forum when waiting for the game opening, so does most of you ^^. We really don't have time for forum laters, so I don't know why you guys care so much about this forum mods?
    If you are qualified for the forum mod jobs, prove it and if PW company ask for it. Otherwise just post some useful post like build guide, quest guide, answer question... that is enough for community contribution.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The admins are active enough that we do not need any.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There's hardly a need for them yet. I'm sure they'll consider the option once the forum gets a little more active.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The admins such as Xarfox and Orinj are extremely active on the boards as it is, so alot of times I see posts/threads requiring moderation have already been dealt with before I even read them! I'm also on something of a vacation until the semester starts and am not able to read these forums very often right now, but that will change once school starts :)
  • koz
    edited August 2008
    hawk wrote: »
    The admins such as Xarfox and Orinj are extremely active on the boards as it is, so alot of times I see posts/threads requiring moderation have already been dealt with before I even read them! I'm also on something of a vacation until the semester starts and am not able to read these forums very often right now, but that will change once school starts :)

D: I didn't even know there was another moderator
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yeah I haven't had a chance to post very much, since I left town a few days after the forums launched
  • koz
    edited August 2008
    Well I hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Bigkahunaburger doesn't post much either so you're not the only one ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited August 2008
    hi, everyone.

first off, thanks for the interest.

picking mods is a tricky thing.

for the time being, xarfox and i are on the boards doing what we can. but it's true, we can't be here 24-7. plus, this is like our third/fourth job, hahaha. we do a lot around the office, can't say what tho ;)

as time progresses, we will be recruiting additional mods. the majority of them will be from perfect world entertainment, but we in due time we may have to employ the services of some respected community members.

some of our current members worked with me before as mods on a previous game and my heartfelt appreciation goes out to them for their dedication and professionalism.

so in a nutshell -
    we're not recruiting atm, but we are looking at some potential individuals.

thanks again for all your continued support. have a great weekend, everyone.

- orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I guess that when the game will launch, the admins will be more buzy with the game, so the forum will be mainly maintained by the mods.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • sealed
    edited August 2008
    orinj wrote: »
    hi, everyone.

first off, thanks for the interest.

picking mods is a tricky thing.

for the time being, xarfox and i are on the boards doing what we can. but it's true, we can't be here 24-7. plus, this is like our third/fourth job, hahaha. we do a lot around the office, can't say what tho ;)

as time progresses, we will be recruiting additional mods. the majority of them will be from perfect world entertainment, but we in due time we may have to employ the services of some respected community members.

some of our current members worked with me before as mods on a previous game and my heartfelt appreciation goes out to them for their dedication and professionalism.

so in a nutshell -
    we're not recruiting atm, but we are looking at some potential individuals.

thanks again for all your continued support. have a great weekend, everyone.

- orinj

Thank you orinj, I just wanted to be informed how PWI will handle this kind of situation, and I'll try my best to be qualified as a Mod when PWI will recruit some in the feature:p

sealed~
  • koz
    edited August 2008
    I believe xarfox and orinj worked together. Not sure if he is referring to anyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I don't really think the forums need mods.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Personally this website needs an a**hole mod. Its bad enough seeing evident suck ups. I hate the fact that such people go to such an extreme to get some e-fame that they have to fake their personality and act all....high pedistal like.

So yes if they were to add mods we'd need down to earth logical people. Not people who justify their existence by providing lame comebacks on forums

p.s soukyuu and karm are different people. I knew karm on pw-my for some reason soukyuu has been banned here
  • zezix
    zezix Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Why would we want an ***hole mod? Oh yeah, that would make this community a whole lot better
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    I am totaly ageist that idea to make players mod:
    -1st it will looks like favoritisme
    -2nd those mods just wanna be big headed and looks great!
    -3rd an international game souldnt put it self down by making players mod, is that company that poor?
    -4th This an international game wich will be played by gamers from whole world, some souldnt gave a better hrade than others, all at same lv!
    No favoritisme!
    All sould be professionnel and and gerate by the company!
    :p
  • ence
    ence Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    This is kind of off-topic but since someone brought it up, what's the Server/Channel for PW IRC? It's been bugging me a bit and I keep hearing references but had never gotten around to hunting for it.