RP

13»

Comments

• rufus
    rufus Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    as long as 1 letter isn't a capitail it will allow it through.

example next post:
  • rufus
    edited August 2008
    l PUT ON MY ROBE AND WIZARD HAT
  • rufus
    edited August 2008
    (as you can see i changed the capitial i to a lower case l)
  • tofu
    tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    whats RP stand for :(
  • jezzabee
    jezzabee Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Role Playing

As in RPG, MMORP, etc

It's a general term, these days.... unfortunately.

:(
    ~Beauty is in the eye of the beholder~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hmm... I think roleplaying is sort of interesting. Like when a Barbarian I've never met says, "Cleric Buff," and I buff him and he continues on his way without another word, I can tell he is really into his role! ;)

It may help to have a role-playing subforum where people could gather offline (and beyond that, a role-play server which has already been denied. In comparison, WoW has role-play forum and server, and Age of Conan does also.) However, a roleplaying guild (which has been mentioned already) could have their own forums with a role-play forum.
  • theola
    theola Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    As much as I'd love a RP server and RP subforum, I don't think it'll happen; I doubt there will be enough interest to keep either very active. I'd rather be on a more populated PvE server instead of a RP server that has less than 200 people on it.
  • jezzabee
    edited August 2008
    theola wrote: »
    As much as I'd love a RP server and RP subforum, I don't think it'll happen; I doubt there will be enough interest to keep either very active. I'd rather be on a more populated PvE server instead of a RP server that has less than 200 people on it.
    If there was any indication of a good RP community that comes with PWI, I could guarantee that interested people would find their way here.

I set out to find the mmo that looked like it would provide the best RP experience.
    PW looked like the best target.

My sole purpose is to make RP happen in this game, and for it to rule.
    I won't give up. :)

Yes, an RP sub-forum would help, and I for one would be posting mainly within it, rather than any others. Without it, though? Well... I'll simply provide the best RP along with my character's avatar, doing my part. I suggest others do the same. Not enough RP around the game world? Create those interactions, then.

Keep it going straight through OB and into the final product.

RP will happen in PW.

You can bet your life on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    jezzabee wrote: »
    If there was any indication of a good RP community that comes with PWI, I could guarantee that interested people would find their way here.

I set out to find the mmo that looked like it would provide the best RP experience.
    PW looked like the best target.

My sole purpose is to make RP happen in this game, and for it to rule.
    I won't give up. :)

Yes, an RP sub-forum would help, and I for one would be posting mainly within it, rather than any others. Without it, though? Well... I'll simply provide the best RP along with my character's avatar, doing my part. I suggest others do the same. Not enough RP around the game world? Create those interactions, then.

Keep it going straight through OB and into the final product.

RP will happen in PW.

You can bet your life on that.

You, sir, are my new becon of light here.
  • jezzabee
    edited August 2008
    danubus37 wrote: »
    You, sir, are my new becon of light here.

Sometimes 'hope' is nothing but delusion.

It's only when you allow your feelings to flow into the environment that any idea of 'hope' you may have has the chance to become reality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • teesh
    teesh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm very interested in finding RPers in PWI. If any kind of RP organization gets rolling, look me up or PM me here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    arcane wrote: »
    RPers are worse then BRs.

I disagree. BRs tend to annoy more. Most of my experience, RPers generally leave me alone.
    lipe124 wrote: »
    I'm not much a RP'er myself but I'm guessing on the PVE server you'd be able to do something like that, without worrying about guys just wanting to kill you for it.

Don't forget. The PVP server could also make a good RP world, because of the good and evil situation.. I might consider role play though. But if I did, I would name my character after me.
  • starelf
    starelf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I very much enjoy RP given the right surroundings and environment for it. Usually I roleplay in games once I have reached the end of actual game story content and am looking to further enhance my play time. Also it has been my experience that RP is more useful and done more often in games which don't provide as much visual enjoyment, thus writing in our own visuals as created by imagination.
    Typically I play a game for a while to get a feel for it's in game origins and such before deciding if I will put effort into active roleplaying there. From my experiences in MY version I was not feeling compelled to do so as most of the story was lost or incomprehensible in the translations. Of course this version might be a very different case and honestly, for myself at least time will tell. I am however not adverse to the occasional casual RP should the situation arrise, so if anyone does get an RP guild up in this version I might be interested in popping by occasionally. I have my own guild planned so wouldn't be ditching that, but an alliance perhaps could be a possibility.
    Anyhow, RP is quite enjoyable and valid when done right and I for one say More power to you and wish you the best.

Star rises on her silver beam of light up into the heavens and slowly dwindles off into just a glimmering flicker in the deep night sky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quilnar
    quilnar Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If you love RP don't let anyone stop you. Entire guilds who RP and are very dedicated have the potential to add so much more to the game world. Anyone remember the Shadowclan in UO? They were awesome and definitely changed my view of RP back then
  • jezzabee
    edited August 2008
    quilnar wrote: »
    If you love RP don't let anyone stop you. Entire guilds who RP and are very dedicated have the potential to add so much more to the game world. Anyone remember the Shadowclan in UO? They were awesome and definitely changed my view of RP back then

oh lawd

That's a chapter of my life I'd prefer not to read again for a while.

I've LARPed on several occasions, and that still doesn't make me feel more nerdy than my old mmo habits. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well, i've been a DM for D&D for a few years now, and i've played in RP guilds and RP servers for every other MMORPG i've played. I fully support an RP guild and HOPE for an RP server sometime in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xylent
    xylent Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I just use RP to joke around, so does my guild in other games. RP however doesn't fit the gameplay style. This and many mmo would qualify more as an action rpg where every class is capable of doing all the things in the world - except for using each others skills. Traditional RPGs would be too complicated in MMO format - even DDO (dungeons and dragons online) is more action. Traditional RPGs is where you should expect roleplay because each class really can do things that others cannot succeed at and the games rely more on the development of these character unique skills than combat - expect lots of talking to npcs that sort of thing and walking for miles.