Ruined Economy

2»

Comments

• tseikkis
    tseikkis Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    orinj wrote: »
    correctomundo.

don't support the gold sellers. it ruins the in-game economy and just encourages them to try harder.

let's let the game's economy standardize itself :)

thx

- O

That won't work really. If resources are infinite, there will be more
    and more gold in the game and inflation is certain. Goldsites
    only speed this process up but the flaw is really in the economy
    model itself.
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Which is why we should get a gang of about 100 members and sell stuff for lower than it's worth to keep the economy from inflating. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • dristan
    dristan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Heh I'd be glad to join that group. I always sell for a little less then average market price(10%-15% at most). My combination of kindness and assurence that my item will sell faster then just another overpriced piece of junk in the fray ^-^.
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    The economy will inevitably go to hell, and it's the same with all cash shop games. In p2p games, money sinks are balanced with potential income; you kill a monster for loot but you need to pay for repairs, potions, so on. Here, you can buy things from the cash shop, which is spawning ingame items without going through moneysinks. Gold doesn't go out of the server on potions when anyone can make hierograms magically appear out of thin air. You don't need potion/repair expenses to farm mobs for mats when you can just spawn them from the cash shop.
    Even p2p games have inflation problems. And as long as there's a cash shop, any f2p game economy will go haywire; just be happy you'll start playing as soon as the release, the people that start off after 6 months or so have passed will have one hell of a time.
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    even so there have to be some precausions or steps that can be taken to people minimize the infliation and the impact it has on the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kifli
    kifli Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Our cash shop currency, Zen, will be distributed exclusively through us. We will not be distributing our cash shop currency through any external partners.

There will of course, be multiple methods for paying (payment gateways), however every transaction goes through us and us alone.
    So the item mall currency is Zen...does it mean that it won't be a pain to convert it into a totally different currency (like with cubi-gold, cubi-coin, cubit @_@ never knew which one = with what and how much..lol) in the Malaysian version?
    And will European players be able to buy Zen as well?
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    They forsaw the economy crashing 2 years ago when the game started b:surrender
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Just link the thread next time...

NECRO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Naw I either get people like you coming in screaming necro, or I get told to post in the original thread and stop spamming forums with a subject already made.

Can never win b:sad
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ya seriously this necro stuff is getting stupid ( I mean the rule against it lmao)... why would u want us to post multiple... multiple.. MULTIPLE threads on the same **** when there's one started already, no matter how old? my 2 cents....
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    on first page i was like "whoa wtf, when did orinj come back?" then i seen this was necro.
  • QuickClaw - Lost City
    QuickClaw - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    oh to have GM's who cared about the games ecconomy again b:cry
    Frankieraye:
    I'm not too worried about susa really. r9 does not exist in the real world
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    necro meow! Fun how karma did this with PWI o.o! but i dont see them stopping soon, so better addapt if you really think this game is worth it (I have spent a lot of real money on this game that's why I'm still here lol would be such a waste o.o)

b:bye
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Naturion - Dreamweaver
    Naturion - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ok, im lost now lmao. Is it easier to get things in PW-MY then in pwi?b:thanks
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    oh to have GM's who cared about the games ecconomy again b:cry

And then we woke up, and realized they don't give a d@mn anymore...
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    May these thread come back to live for another year ? and all prediction become true ? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
This discussion has been closed.