Ruined Economy

batjack
batjack Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
I hope that there is going to be some control on outside gold coming into the game. In PW-MY, there is to much gold and the economy is ruined. That is the main reason I am looking forward to moving to PW-INT.

There are enough ways to get gold ingame. Cubits I can understand buying. Stuff on the mall is an enhancement to the game. Hierograms, fashions, rides etc etc.. I know that the purchase of cubits is what finances the PW-MY version. The problem though is that the MY developers dont really care about the game itself, they just want more money coming into the game. And outside gold sales is just another source of income to them.

for those not familiar with what im talking about, Hierograms went from 600,000 gold to 1,600,000 gold in just a period of 6 weeks once beta ended and more people entered the game and started buying gold to get items. Hierograms were not the only items.. just about anything that could be bought in the malls, went outragous... there is just to much gold floating around.

Developers, please please.. help control the economy some.. no outside gold sales.
Post edited by batjack on

Comments

• bayport
    bayport Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    It would be nice if they were somehow able to control the economy of the game

communism ftw? =P

anyway i don't think that they will be able to they are going to need to get money somehow..hopefully the people in charge of the business use some of those profits to make the game better instead of just pocketing all of it...*cough cough cubinet*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bayport - Archer
    Server - PvP East
  • zeifer
    zeifer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Outside gold sales are suppose to violate the ToS I believe. It's not tolerated in any games atleast managed in the US.

-Did I just sound like a mod? lol
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    bayport wrote: »
    communism ftw? =P
    Even in the USA economy, there are standards that help to maintain the status quo. One example is stock market standards that were invented after the great depression.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited July 2008
    zeifer wrote: »
    Outside gold sales are suppose to violate the ToS I believe. It's not tolerated in any games atleast managed in the US.

-Did I just sound like a mod? lol

correctomundo.

don't support the gold sellers. it ruins the in-game economy and just encourages them to try harder.

let's let the game's economy standardize itself :)

thx

- O
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Our cash shop currency, Zen, will be distributed exclusively through us. We will not be distributing our cash shop currency through any external partners.

There will of course, be multiple methods for paying (payment gateways), however every transaction goes through us and us alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    orinj wrote: »
    correctomundo.

don't support the gold sellers. it ruins the in-game economy and just encourages them to try harder.

thx

- O
    I hope that's enough. PW-MY doesn't have problems with gold sellers and such, just with OffGamers which is an official seller for Cubinet. Even with such good restriction of gold selling sites, the economy still went crazy. I think it was due to greedy gamers. I just don't think that letting the economy standardize itself will be enough. That's my 2 cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    U jus need to know that it will be low in begining go o HH lol and sell the mats for money:)
  • ravie
    ravie Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ragingwind wrote: »
    I hope that's enough. PW-MY doesn't have problems with gold sellers and such, just with OffGamers which is an official seller for Cubinet. Even with such good restriction of gold selling sites, the economy still went crazy. I think it was due to greedy gamers. I just don't think that letting the economy standardize itself will be enough. That's my 2 cents.

Two cents? Very punny, considering the topic ;)

Anyone familiar with Eudemons, or TQ in general? Now there's a ruined economy based off pay-for-cash. Owch.
  • hypnos
    hypnos Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Well, this sounds great to me. It will be more organized.
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Well, a ruined economy means that less real-life money needs to be used to buy soulstones. That's an advantage, right?
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • bayport
    edited July 2008
    ark wrote: »
    Well, a ruined economy means that less real-life money needs to be used to buy soulstones. That's an advantage, right?

i never use item malls in any games i play so yeah i guess having more items from the mall available for in game money is nice

except for the fact that the whole ruined economy boosts the costs up so high that you will spend MANY more hours trying to get up enough game money to buy one object when u could work 1 hour at your job and buy a couple of those items with real money...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bayport - Archer
    Server - PvP East
  • miwhite
    miwhite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Our cash shop currency, Zen, will be distributed exclusively through us. We will not be distributing our cash shop currency through any external partners.

There will of course, be multiple methods for paying (payment gateways), however every transaction goes through us and us alone.

omfg this is as far as i have read so far in this post... I LOVE YOU! lol

btw how far along will our item mall be (and game xP) compared to the other servers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    Equal to/better than the current Malaysian version.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • miwhite
    miwhite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008

im hoping better than.. or equal to the chinese.. that would be awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, that's most likely. Should be pretty cool playing.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • glider
    glider Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2008

And your source for this info is...?
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    Various sources and tons of reliable rumours. Why do you ask?
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • bayport
    edited July 2008
    reliable rumors...

isn't that a tad bit ironic >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bayport - Archer
    Server - PvP East
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    Oxy-moronic, actually. I'm just too lazy to dig up the sources I heard from.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    batjack wrote: »
    I hope that there is going to be some control on outside gold coming into the game. In PW-MY, there is to much gold and the economy is ruined. That is the main reason I am looking forward to moving to PW-INT.

There are enough ways to get gold ingame. Cubits I can understand buying. Stuff on the mall is an enhancement to the game. Hierograms, fashions, rides etc etc.. I know that the purchase of cubits is what finances the PW-MY version. The problem though is that the MY developers dont really care about the game itself, they just want more money coming into the game. And outside gold sales is just another source of income to them.

for those not familiar with what im talking about, Hierograms went from 600,000 gold to 1,600,000 gold in just a period of 6 weeks once beta ended and more people entered the game and started buying gold to get items. Hierograms were not the only items.. just about anything that could be bought in the malls, went outragous... there is just to much gold floating around.

Developers, please please.. help control the economy some.. no outside gold sales.

ur right in so many ways... they frikin over price everything... a hiero is almost 2m now. how can u possible handle ur dailies with that. i had to stop porting everywhere for world mission :mad:
    Xtacy
  • caribbean
    caribbean Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    orinj wrote: »
    correctomundo.

thx

- O

It doesn't build by itself when there's two factors managing it...
    Obviously, there's going to be inflation like in any other game(real life too), but we're hoping GMs can put a stop, sometimes...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Caribbean is a cold blooded reptilian like an amphibian.
  • jalaria
    jalaria Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    caribbean wrote: »
    It doesn't build by itself when there's two factors managing it...
    Obviously, there's going to be inflation like in any other game(real life too), but we're hoping GMs can put a stop, sometimes...

it doesn't help when you have a company like offgamers who make money by selling ingame gold - they buy cubigold and sell it through the auction house in lumps to get ingame gold that they sell for real cash. After every update the Auction house cubi price would rise, and considering offgamers sold huge chunks of cubi through that thing it was a bonus for them. They would get more ingame gold for the cubis they brought with real world money, and they could sell that gold on for larger real world profits because they'd have to buy less cubi coins to make the same amount.

It's a conspiracy I know, but offgamers sells huge amounts of cubi - and it's in their interest too keep driving the price of cubi up.
  • ayrwyn
    ayrwyn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008

This is good news and i'm real glad to hear it. Hopefully it will be enough to keep prices from going to an outrageous price. Curious how gold sellers and botters will be stopped....btw nice avatar when will that be implemented for us?
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2008

Like many others, I'm relieved by this ^^ Just don't make the mistake of selling regular gold... only Zen. That way, economy will stabilize and have normal growth. Inflation is normal. 200% inflation over less than 3 months after a 5-months period of normal growth is NOT normal. (like real world economy, high inflation shows that economy has gone out of control).

EDIT:
    We at Perfect World Entertainment are taking a strong stance against botters and gold sellers. We realize the damage that these types of activities incur with regard to in-game economies and will do everything in our power to stop such activities.
    *dances around*
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    in PW MY economy is ruined for 1 simple reason

malaysia server has 1 contract with a famous gold seller company(offgamers).Offgamers is a company that use illegit ways for get gold and resell for real money.They buy ingame cubi using pw$ system and illegit gold(they get gold from corrupt GM's and bot players).In PW malaysian is allowed to buy/sell gold for real money and also accounts.

they put on server illegit gold that **** totaly economy they buy cubi and resell cubi for real money(lower price) and gold value is always more low(because there is a huge ammount of illegit gold)

i hope this american company PERM ban who buy/sell gold or accounts a nd i hope pw$ system for trading cubi is locked because is main way for use exploit/dupe and dont be catch up.

Gm's of USA version are extremaly good(well i known 3 from flyff) so i'm sure game will be fair and economy safe for long time.
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    They won't block the trading of cubi unless there is a major exploit. After all, that is how some people buy items from the cash shop if they don't have the money to buy it from the company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raven
    edited July 2008
    i'm not saying of block cubi trading you can still sell cash shop item in shop but cant purchase cubi with gold.(already exist exploits for pw$)
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ^ doing this would mean shooting themselves in the knee. if you can't sell zen for ingame gold, less people will buy zen.
    if there are exploits then they have to be fixed, if everything that was buggy had been removed instead of being fixed then there would be no games / software at all
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raven
    edited July 2008
    i repeat selling cash item in shop i same of selling cubi for gold but is more safe.Company always earn money but

if a person find a exploit for get easy gold he use pw$ system for purchase cubi easy because has less chance of get catch up.

if a person use fake or stolen credit card and sell all cubi in pw$ the buyer(probably same person that sell but with good proxy) cant be banned and cant lose his cubi.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    yes but while zen can be used to directly buy what you want, if you sell items from the mall directly, you will have to find a buyer that wants the item you are selling.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.