Question: why can't I log in?

solamnie
solamnie Posts: 24 Arc User
I haven't played this game in 6 years but you always return to your first few games for nostalgic reasons. I changed my password today, worked for the Arc client and these forums, but when I launch the PWI launcher and click play it at first says "wrong password". Filling in the password then gets me40 seconds of trying to log in, followed by the famous "disconnect" message. It's to the US East servers where I had my old characters an I really just want to enjoy old nostalgia again :(

Comments

• kitty2828#7043
    kitty2828#7043 Posts: 14 Arc User
    Are you logging in through the client directly or through arc? (You can't log in directly from the client) Also, it is possible to time out if you wait too long from the time you hit play from arc to the time you select a server.
  • solamnie
    solamnie Posts: 24 Arc User
    Are you logging in through the client directly or through arc? (You can't log in directly from the client) Also, it is possible to time out if you wait too long from the time you hit play from arc to the time you select a server.

Thanks for the reply. I logged in fine through the Arc client, but when I hit play from the arc client, another PWI client opens which patches some more, and when I hit play through that, it launches the game but I need to manually log in again immedialty after selecting a server, and then I get disconnected after 40 seconds. Mind you, this is the right account: when I try to redeem the Celestials update code I can perfectly finely choose any of my old characters.
  • kitty2828#7043
    kitty2828#7043 Posts: 14 Arc User
    It sounds like its timing out. Try closing all pwi clients and patchers (not arc) and then try again. If you wait too long between pressing play and entering a server, it won't let you log in.
  • mitapi#9696
    mitapi#9696 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    If the PWI client ask you to enter username and password, you need exit the client again - you CANT log in this way anymore. If the client keeps asking for your username and password, its likely because Arc thinks you already have a client open (even if you dont, it can glitch sometimes) and then it doesnt give you the login token. To fix this log out of your Arc acccount and log in again, then try again with PWI.
    Try not to spam click to open the PWI launcher in Arc either, it can sometimes skip the whole token part.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    in addition to above: if you don't see elementclient.exe in Task Manager there is a possibility creportbugs.exe is active, recognizable as ReportBugs2 (or ReportBugs2 Microsoft 基础类应用程序). Sometimes this small executable doesn't show a window. If you see it, close it, go back to Arc and press Start again to play PWI. Hopefully the next app (Passport) will have less bugs and less negative responses on other websites.
  • johnyjohnson#5554
    johnyjohnson#5554 Posts: 1 New User
    Had this is issue, but solved it by restarting the web browser xD