Celestials Update - The Good The Bad and The Broken/Bugs

Comments

• merkzz
    merkzz Posts: 9 Arc User
    obielle wrote: »
    merkzz wrote: »
    So as stated in my comment above, the new NR quest chain, Glacier city, completely disappeared from my quest log and available quests. so i send a ticket and this is the reponse:

Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply. I have discussed the issue with the team, unfortunately, GMs cannot restart or modify your quest progress.

We suggest posting your concerns within the official PWI forum. Other players will be aware of these concerns, and they could provide additional feedback or assistance. We have several sections dedicated to Dungeons & Tactics, Class Discussion, Quality Corner for gameplay bugs, etc.

Please check out the link below:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Let us know if you have any other concerns.
    Regards,
    GM
    Game Master

so i guess im sht out of luck? makes no sense. who the **** fixes it then?

I had this exact response on a completely unrelated ticket so I have a feeling they're just giving default responses at the moment lol.

What was the last quest you remember doing? I haven't done much of the NR quest chain but I might be able to check into it.

The last part i completed in the quest chain was doing the jumps in the cave where you jump to one step, wait a few seconds, jump to another and wait a few seconds, after i completed the last step it teled me out of the cave and said completed and the next part of the quest was supposed to pop up but never did. It's a repeatable quest that gives a lot of conduit items and titles that give stats but b/c mine is glitched i can't get any of it.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    The last part i completed in the quest chain was doing the jumps in the cave where you jump to one step, wait a few seconds, jump to another and wait a few seconds, after i completed the last step it teled me out of the cave and said completed and the next part of the quest was supposed to pop up but never did. It's a repeatable quest that gives a lot of conduit items and titles that give stats but b/c mine is glitched i can't get any of it.

Hmm...there is a location you can go to to trigger the quest it looks like. Somewhere around (401, 688 ↑43). I remember when I failed (on purpose) I had to go to the same area and it was a bit annoying to get it to trigger. I had to move around to be right by the exit NPC thing. So you might have to try moving around a little bit in that area.

I hope that helps. If not let me know and I'll check into it further.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • merkzz

Hmm...there is a location you can go to to trigger the quest it looks like. Somewhere around (401, 688 ↑43). I remember when I failed (on purpose) I had to go to the same area and it was a bit annoying to get it to trigger. I had to move around to be right by the exit NPC thing. So you might have to try moving around a little bit in that area.

I hope that helps. If not let me know and I'll check into it further.

I checked every single NPC that plays a part in the quest and not one NPC has a quest for me to pick up.

• adrienache#1129
    adrienache#1129 Posts: 3 Arc User
    guys where is the lu fan npc. i cant seem to be able to finish my culti
  • obielle

I checked every single NPC that plays a part in the quest and not one NPC has a quest for me to pick up.

From looking at the quest info, the quest you're missing doesn't have a NPC that gives the quest to you, rather it is picked up when standing in a certain location. I would suggest trying to trigger different quests by letting the royal guards kill you once but I don't think that would work...might be worth a try though.

The NPC is not available in the game at the moment but I've sent a ticket forward about it. The forum mod team will also put this forward to GMs so hopefully we should see some solution soon.

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,798 Community Moderator
    Ive requested information on some of the issues that have been caused by this update. Please keep in mind there may not be instant fixes for any of the issues.

As usual anything I can share I will do so.

Thanks.​​
  • merkzz

From looking at the quest info, the quest you're missing doesn't have a NPC that gives the quest to you, rather it is picked up when standing in a certain location. I would suggest trying to trigger different quests by letting the royal guards kill you once but I don't think that would work...might be worth a try though.

The NPC is not available in the game at the moment but I've sent a ticket forward about it. The forum mod team will also put this forward to GMs so hopefully we should see some solution soon.

Yeah I have tried that. I've literally tried everything. The quest literally vanished.
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Baby Raccoon Pet Egg from Earth Day event cannot be added to codex.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    As my previous post was added to the main log I'll start a new post ^^

Bugs:

For the Celestial Infant quest the 'Uncomplete Purger' the dig can spawn inside of the tree which means you have to trash the quest, go back to sage map, go bk to the npc, pick it up, then go bk to the untamed area. This is the same issue you can get with the Treasure map daily so it's not a new bug. So far this seems to be common as out of the 5 times I did this only 2x did manage succesfully (though I had to trash several, these seem to be the ones next to the "r" in "Desert of Echos", if it is conciderably north of it it works fine.

Can a test be done on the bonus within nr? In dawnglory the red side has been on the losing side for over a month now and no bonus, is there an error or something missing before it activates?

Also you can land on the edge of the tree and get half stuck inside it and have to hometeleport/teleport out.

Bad:

the 79 and morai skills are 10m each which is considerably higher than the sage/demon books which are 2m, can this be rebalanced?

Good:

I have tested out heavenfall fully on one char and there seems to be no bugs there, I feel like it gave more Orders though as I was getting them from floor 20, which just be my luck or an actural change to the percentages on the rewards. Any chance for an update on that?
    Post edited by werewolves#6809 on
  • obielle
    wishes08 wrote: »
    Good:

I have tested out heavenfall fully on one char and there seems to be no bugs there, I feel like it gave more Orders though as I was getting them from floor 20, which just be my luck or an actural change to the percentages on the rewards. Any chance for an update on that?

Yeah they updated the Heavenfall rewards but I haven't checked the rates yet. I should be able to get to updating that on the wiki in the next few days. From what I know though they should've just removed the warsoul mats and increased the EXP rewards.

• obielle
    Just wondering, did Tundra Campaign end for you guys properly on Tideswell and Dawnglory? It's 13 minutes after the event should've ended for us on Twilight Temple/Etherblade and it hasn't ended for some reason. :/

• lilacgray
    lilacgray Posts: 9 Arc User
    So as stated in my comment above, the new NR quest chain, Glacier city, completely disappeared from my quest log and available quests. so i send a ticket and this is the reponse:

Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply. I have discussed the issue with the team, unfortunately, GMs cannot restart or modify your quest progress.

We suggest posting your concerns within the official PWI forum. Other players will be aware of these concerns, and they could provide additional feedback or assistance. We have several sections dedicated to Dungeons & Tactics, Class Discussion, Quality Corner for gameplay bugs, etc.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Let us know if you have any other concerns.
    Regards,
    GM
    Game Master

I had this exact response on a completely unrelated ticket so I have a feeling they're just giving default responses at the moment lol.

What was the last quest you remember doing? I haven't done much of the NR quest chain but I might be able to check into it.

• lilacgray
    Merkzz...sorry I'm new to this...I read your post about doing the Neverfall chain quest and you had problems receiving the next part of the quest line after completing jumping inside the cave with all the ledges, I did this part of the quest and after you get teled out of the cave your in (which is actually the giant tall guard looking statue on top of this cave) you actually get ported out behind this large statue around the back of the statue which is where the guards are roaming around with the red circles around them. The part or location your looking for is at the back of the statue under the folds of the back of the cloak on the same platform the guards are walking around upon...right at the back is like a secret part where you can walk behind under a part of the fold of the large cloak somewhere in the middle of that fold is where you end up and you should get the pop up there, tricky part trying to find it i guess and hopes this helps.

On another topic I recently completed this part of the chain killed the mini boss at the end, received my timer to start the new round the next day but unfortunately wasn't thinking straight and left the allegiance I was in at the time and the quest failed with a pop that told me so...what I'm wondering is now I have switched allegiance and wondering if I will get the quest line back with the new allegiance that I joined and be able to either restart or keep going with the new quest line?
    I used a recommendation letter to be able to go into the new allegiance to try to find the NPC to get it from but could not find it there...is there a cooling off period or so that I have to wait before I can get or continue on with the new quest line or is it lost forever because I switched allegiance at the end of the first part before the timer ran out for the next day and I'm talking about the 24 hour timer you get when you finish?
    Will it help if I switch back to the same allegiance I was in before when I originally started the quest line form to be able to complete to get the title etc?
    I so want to be able to go back and finish this quest...it was long but fun xD
  • lilacgray
    Merkzz see page 2 of this post for a solution to your problem with the new quest line...I posted to that page on how to find the pop up your looking for...hopefully you will see this. :)
  • heerohex#3018
    edited December 2020
    So a quick update on some of the issues that are current.

- The Good Luck Pack Ticket from the Arc Code gV0Swcpj cannot be redeemed by any character.
    The Good Luck Pack Ticket item is unfortunately limited to one redeem per character. So for cases that were unable to have it opened, those users already received a previous Pack on the character.
    We'll be considering newer items in the future to prevent another occurrence of users unable to redeem older rewards.
    Awaiting more info on this issue.

- The Chrono Hunt battle does not always start when the required player number is reached. The error message received is "Cross server maintenance in progress".
    The Chrono Hunt battle requires many players to actually start, but we've brought up suggestions if it can be reduced so more users don't have to wait for so long, which could be causing some timeout errors to enter.

- Players using the French and German clients cannot access the Whispering Mausoleum.
    All client versions for Arc games shoud technically be synced up, so we'll forward this to be checked if there's any bugs in the FR/DE versions.

- The NPC required for a Celestial Demon quest (Lu Fan) is missing from the game. https://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/npc/22305
    We've brought this up for our developers to check if the Lu Fan NPC can be respawned during a future maintenance.

- The Codex doesn't accept items that are listed (example: Frozen Kirin Mount Egg from Riches of Northern Snows).
    There have been some reports about certain items not being able to be added to the codex. We forwarded some examples to be checked if all items are intended for the codex collection, or if it might be limited to certain types. We'll have to address this later since we don't have a full affected item list at this time.

As usual Ill update If I hear anything else!

Thanks.​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • werewolves#6809
    Yeah they updated the Heavenfall rewards but I haven't checked the rates yet. I should be able to get to updating that on the wiki in the next few days. From what I know though they should've just removed the warsoul mats and increased the EXP rewards.

I found no boost to the exp, however I did get 5x exp orbs from a boss floor which is not normal, think 81 or 90

I got 6% from the entire run [lvling from 104 to 105] which is normal before the update
  • midnightstarrz
    midnightstarrz Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    So one of my issues is, certain mounts in the codex, WONT go in, IE: Shadow Fox, Purple Fox, Scarlet Ninetail, Crimson Fox, Ancestral Horror. yes i get these mounts were charge/spend rewards, but we paid for these items in a sense, so they SHOULD count. just cus the mounts are char bound shouldnt make them un-codexable. same goes with the honey bear fashion pet... it's there but if we got it from something 'free' it wont go in... while others will go in (IE Parrot, and Cerberus fashion pets)
  • rokon#1106
    rokon#1106 Posts: 23 Arc User
    Just wondering, did Tundra Campaign end for you guys properly on Tideswell and Dawnglory? It's 13 minutes after the event should've ended for us on Twilight Temple/Etherblade and it hasn't ended for some reason. :/

It ended at correct time on DA but it's only half the rewards it used to be, doing run quest and 1 event is better than wasting 2 hours for 4k gbt/merit.
  • werewolves#6809
    The ini faces that barbs have seems to have been removed, this is not changed by being in hd mode or not. And the face images will now occasionly flicker on effected barbs.
  • rokon#1106
    rokon#1106 Posts: 23 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »

- The Good Luck Pack Ticket from the Arc Code gV0Swcpj cannot be redeemed by any character.
    The Good Luck Pack Ticket item is unfortunately limited to one redeem per character. So for cases that were unable to have it opened, those users already received a previous Pack on the character.
    We'll be considering newer items in the future to prevent another occurrence of users unable to redeem older rewards.

Thanks.​​

That one is wrong, can't be used on any character even if it's never been used before :). Gm's giving wrong answers :) typical.

• heerohex#3018
    rokon#1106 wrote: »

Thanks.

That one is wrong, can't be used on any character even if it's never been used before :). Gm's giving wrong answers :) typical.

Yes, The MoD team is aware of this as well and I have resent the information back as we have seen this is not correct,

I will update when I hear back on this. For now ill change that I think as well.

Thanks for bringing this up.​​
  • musiclover#7955
    musiclover#7955 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2020

- Players using the French and German clients cannot access the Whispering Mausoleum.
    All client versions for Arc games shoud technically be synced up, so we'll forward this to be checked if there's any bugs in the FR/DE versions.

Thanks.

saw the thread (ignore or delete the other one in case) just now i can 100% confirm German version is buggy!

the picture is right the moment after i enter the Mausoleum i can move 1-2 steps than i am back in the air mini map also just been white ... big map just a black/gray nothing. Some other pepople also tells me they had this bugs or even get right into the floor but all works fine :*

2020-12-24-20-08-33.png​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • scipio1966
    scipio1966 Posts: 7 Arc User

Hi,

Regards,
    GM
    Game Master

I have same response of mine ticket.
    Any if i have another problem. After i finish all quests from last update, last NPC told me to waitb 24h (that after 6+4 h spend to finish and alot resurces)
    When i logged in second day, glacier quests restart and i must go from begining.
    Sooo ...i consider that is too much.
    I have 10 years in Archo and Etherblade server. All ppl knaw me.
    I unninstal pwi
    I hope staff give me a resonable response.
  • werewolves#6809
    I just recieve a bug where when I droped coin on the ground, it split the coin but only the dropper got the coin. This occured when I dropped 2m, and only recieve 1m on only one of the characters in the squad the other 1m vanished
  • storm#4377
    storm#4377 Posts: 25 Arc User
    Chrono Hunt event broken, we managed to get 99 ppl to register and the event activated but we got a window that said "cross server maintenance, cannot enter"
  • obielle
    I just recieve a bug where when I droped coin on the ground, it split the coin but only the dropper got the coin. This occured when I dropped 2m, and only recieve 1m on only one of the characters in the squad the other 1m vanished

Were the two characters on different maps? That's all I can think of. I did a couple of tests with 10 coins and both characters received the coins - once in Midlands/Neverfall, and once in Midlands/Homestead.

• heerohex#3018

Were the two characters on different maps? That's all I can think of. I did a couple of tests with 10 coins and both characters received the coins - once in Midlands/Neverfall, and once in Midlands/Homestead.

This can happen if a character is Dead and in some cases porting.

Thanks.​​
  • parel
    parel Posts: 4 Arc User
    Item Bloodglass Mirror doesn't work in Quicksand maze, I took the quest and it says completed but when i checked the map it didn't work.
  • werewolves#6809
    For exact details I had the character with the coin by the chip merchant in west arch, the 2nd character was by the nw forges. I had previous droped coin over, but when I was waiting on somoene to come over to craft some nw mats for me and trade them the droped over coin is when the bug occured.
    This can happen if a character is Dead and in some cases porting.

Neither of them were dead, they were both in safezone.

Both were in arch

I will add that I ticketed this and recived my coin back quickly as I was reconded to within 2h which is really good :D
  • betuou
    betuou Posts: 25 Arc User
    2 mounts I cannot add to the codex: Blazing Dragon Mount Egg and Crimson Fox. They're both in the codex and neither was free. One was bought in game with coin one came from charge/spend. Now i suppose the only problem is the actual name of the mount. But seriously that wasnt taken into consideration? Some things differ in this version of PW so they need to be adapted in order to work a bit more then just copy paste. Hope this gets fixed ty.
This discussion has been closed.