Quest item won't drop

retroghoul
retroghoul Posts: 1 Arc User
I'm doing the quest "The Circle" and it requires me to get the Mark of Hell from the Stubborn Cenequus. The quest description says nothing about it being a solo only kill. We've killed it multiple times, I've tried relogging and nothing is working to get the boss to actually drop the quest item.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Nothing seems to be working to get this boss to drop its quest item.

Tagged:

Comments

• chipsr01#2846
    chipsr01#2846 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I did that quest a few days ago and there is no bug. You need to do the quest alone, just like killing Kun Kun. But in this case you have learned how to play your character. I did solo it, had a HP charm (the free one from the Goshiki quest-chain) and a lot of HP pots and enough time to play...heck, killing was slow!

If you depend on others just stay out of the squad and let others do the killing if Stubborn Cenequus's HP is below 50%. Make use of a cleric to heal you so you can do the first 50%.

forgot to mention: I'm a blademaster, using the free Morai gear.

as for the answer below: so you finished in a squad?
    Post edited by chipsr01#2846 on
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Not sure if someone want to know: I also finished the quest (on Mystic, solo) but still have my Full-Arcane Blademaster, He can't kill anything so I will try to check this quest in a squad if I can find someone who want to do my work.

EDIT: tested. I couldn't kill the mini boss before Stubborn Cenequus (called Waning Moon from 'Mark of Ashura') since other mobs are respawning all the time and as a ful mag BM it's impossible to kill them all. I didn't see a bot nearby but I did see a 'volunteer' with the same quest. She was just done so followed her to Stubborn Cenequus (in squadmode). I don't know if she had read this forum tread so asked after killing "Stubborn" if her quest was done. It was. So you are allowed to be in squadmode for this quest.
    As for the Kun Kun: also tested. You need to leave squadmode so you can fa... oops.... slap Kun Kun until he dies.

As for not getting the quest item. For any quest: check if your bag is't full. In this case you could also go back to White Lotus. However I just finished the quest thanks to some cleric buffs. Didn't see new items in my bag. Not even after returning to White Lotus.
    Post edited by sjampie on