Ability to Change Servers...?

kiieraa
kiieraa Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2019 in Suggestion Box
Now I know this might be an automatic 'no' but hear me out on this one.

Before the servers ended up getting merged we had the following servers

Heavens Tear (west)
Archosaur (west)
Sanctuary (west)
Lost City (west)
Raging Tide (east)
Dreamweaver (east)
Harshlands (east)
Morai (EU)

After the merge
Etherblade (west)
Twilight Temple (west)
Tideswell (east)
Dawnglory (EU)

Problem is when dawnglory did it's merge it took an east coast server with a eu server and I'm not sure of the time zones in that area but from what people told me (could be wrong) it's a little off for the people in the east coast vs eu time zones.

We also have 2 west coasts and 1 east coast instead of a balance of 3 for each (minus the EU) I think maybe in the future if possible... maybe people in different coasts should have the option to change servers (now granted it wouldn't be easy and it would take time) but maybe in the future it could be possible? idk just a suggestion.. I know if people did try and swap they would have to have friend list wiped as well as other things and you could only do it once but if given the option I think it would be a good idea to let people choose to move if they would like.

Edit: This option would be a ONE time deal. Once it's done it's done.

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    This is a highly requested feature for PWI, With the system being old and nothing being coded into deal with this from the start it adds a lv of problems that would be hard to deal with.

The odds of this happening are not great but never say never as we never had name change stones at one point.

Personally I would like to see this happen at some point, for many affected by no EU server when they started to the server merges and people moving time zones.

Thanks.​​
  • kiieraa
    heero200 wrote: »
    This is a highly requested feature for PWI, With the system being old and nothing being coded into deal with this from the start it adds a lv of problems that would be hard to deal with.

The odds of this happening are not great but never say never as we never had name change stones at one point.

Personally I would like to see this happen at some point, for many affected by no EU server when they started to the server merges and people moving time zones.

Thanks.​​

True c: I would defiantly like to see another East coast server made and let Dawnglory be a fully EU server and if anybody from the West coast servers or the existing EU server would like to switch (like making a new server entirely and giving people the option to migrate) that would be cool, that way there's no name mix-ups there's not that many hassles and there's a brand-new server people can go to while keeping existing stuff (granted they would have to give up friends, stuff like that) but they would be able to go to a server matching their time zone.
  • kiieraa
    Also just a name Suggestion since it seems to follow a trend of names in the game based off cities

Tellus Might be a good name? since the name seems to follow the trends of cities
  • zari#9703
    zari#9703 Posts: 3 Arc User
    I really wish this would happen. I'm an east coaster that got merged onto the european server. Most things happen when I'm work, it's just ruined the game for me.