Compatability issue?

nathulos
nathulos Posts: 10 Arc User
Hey guys, I'm currently having to use an Acer Aspire D255E, and I can't get PWI to run. From a quick glane, it technically meets the system requirements for RAM and whatnot, any suggestions?

Comments

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The Acer Aspire D255 series originally came out with 1GB RAM and had a resolution of 1024x600 pixels*. The first problem is Arc. You need to move the Arc screen a bit because of the minimum width/height the developers used. Oops, almost forgot... you installed Arc, right? If not, just install, log in and start PWI.

Also, the Acer Aspire D255 series came with Windows 7 Starter. PWI can work on it (lol, I'm using it this OS too) but if this OS is replaced by Windows XP or Windows Vista then it will be impossible to play PWI since...hmm... we need to use Arc. The requirements published at the moment can be a bit of a problem:
    RAM: 1GB (2GB or more recommended for XP, 3GB or more for Windows Vista and Windows 7).
    The Acer Aspire D255 series could use a maximum of 2GB RAM. But it's all about testing this yourself and playing a bit with the gfx-settings in PWI.

* = of course any computer can be changed by the owner.
  • nathulos
    can pwi even be used without arc anymore?
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    no, we need Arc to use PWI but we can end it using Taskmessenger. Main reason Gamazon and Jenzogames have a crapload of accounts active to get coins from Jolly Old Jones. Of course only to sell this free coins via PayPal. :D

edited it back; heero200 shouldn't alter a comment since for this there aren't any rules. Hell, both companies are even allowed since PWE only wrote a warning (on start screen) to the real PWI players.
    Post edited by sjampie on
  • nathulos
    lol wut? i'm so confuzzled :P
  • gas2016#5086
    gas2016#5086 Posts: 72 Arc User
    same here... but I see the mistake; it's taskmanager. And yes, not only both spammers/scammers use multiple accounts but there are people who just put more than 2 clients online. The only difference is that people normally play only on 1 server.

The 'original' issue looks like an Arc problem: "old" Windows versions can't run Arc so people would be unable to play PWI. But I also read there is Windows 7 on the computer. PWI should work on it but I also think it could be a bit slow if there isn't enough memory.
  • nathulos
    Arc actually runs on there, although the screen isn't quite fitted correctly. But once the updater for PWI is done and I go to start the game, it simply crashes. I just wish I could login and talk to people on my server, I haven't played since before Raging Tides merged with another server lol
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    nathulos wrote: »
    Arc actually runs on there, although the screen isn't quite fitted correctly. But once the updater for PWI is done and I go to start the game, it simply crashes. I just wish I could login and talk to people on my server, I haven't played since before Raging Tides merged with another server lol

Even with maximum spec'ed hardware for that machine, you do not meet the minimum requirements to start the client. You don't have a laptop, you have a glorified tablet that barely has the specs required to run the OS that it comes with. It's good for browsing the internet, basic word processing, mobile games like Township, and not a whole lot more. That doesn't even take into account the GPU they put in it. We were just counting the CPU and RAM.

Here's an excerpt from a site that ran some tests with that GPU.
    The graphics core is based on a GMA X3100 design (according to Intel) but features only two processor cores clocked at 200 MHz. Therefore, the performance is only a bit better than the old GMA 950 found in many Netbooks with N270 Atom CPUs.

The 3D performance of the GMA 3150 is therefore only suited for some low demanding 3D games in low details. In our tests only the old Quake 3 Arena ran fluently (even with high detail settings). Furthermore, Torchlight ran more or less fluently in 800x600 - low, but Fraps only showed 10fps. More modern low demanding games like Trackmania Nations Forever or Left 4 Dead only showed a slideshow. In our tests with the Dell Mini 1018 many modern games didn't even start

I hate to break it to you, but that isn't a system you're going to be gaming on.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!