test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do all of you want a new server?

Do all of you want a new server? 100 votes

Yes
32% 32 votes
No
61% 61 votes
Idk
7% 7 votes
«1

Comments

  • blazerboyblazerboy Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    Merge all the servers and watch pwi get one solid year of fun
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jhardejharde Posts: 14 Arc User
    Merge them all into one.
  • skyeaglestankskyeaglestank Posts: 19 Arc User
    What for? You can barely get a full squad now? Be a lot better if all servers were merged!
  • fury85fury85 Posts: 262 Arc User
    There aren't enough players for more servers... best will be merge in 2 servers, 1 US timezone and 1 EU timezone and let everyone choose where to go.
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • heero200heero200 Helper Extraordinary Posts: 3,886 Community Moderator
    Just a drop in here... But just remember x server events require 4 servers to run.

    Thanks.
  • happyhailhappyhail Posts: 112 Arc User
    xTW Is just a PVE dragon rush 9/10 times anyway. I'd rather have an actual population to things with every day rather than gamble on having something fun to do for two hours once every three months. The event is useless and the rewards are more or less a joke.

    Merge the servers.
  • datsangdatsang Posts: 130 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    Just a drop in here... But just remember x server events require 4 servers to run.

    Thanks.

    And you could easily run couple of "ghost servers", which only exist for the purpose running xServer events but have no players on them. The bigger "problem" with it would be the imbalance it would create between servers left in terms of power no matter how you merge them pretty much. Tw is strongest unless things have changed drastically. Naturally you would merge them with another west coast server in Et, which also happens to be doing pretty well in xTW power rankings.

    Ps. The playerbase will be gone sooner or later, merge might give the game some fun still.
  • glay4funglay4fun Posts: 85 Arc User
    Merge, and drop top players in 1 server new players in another, and let new players try PVP NW and TW, while the top players will also enjoy the challange.
  • glodfire#8450 glodfire Posts: 3 Arc User
    I think we should get a new server but cap the gear limit to only G16 so it gives us the new players a chance to participate in Nation's war without getting one hit killed by Rank 9. Only people who are against the new server are the P2P players who put this game into the abyss and made people leave.
  • ailiadrakeailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    I think we should get a new server but cap the gear limit to only G16 so it gives us the new players a chance to participate in Nation's war without getting one hit killed by Rank 9. Only people who are against the new server are the P2P players who put this game into the abyss and made people leave.

    oh sure, let's further split an already dwindling population in another server. Let's see how well forming parties can go.
  • glodfire#8450 glodfire Posts: 3 Arc User
    ailiadrake wrote: »
    I think we should get a new server but cap the gear limit to only G16 so it gives us the new players a chance to participate in Nation's war without getting one hit killed by Rank 9. Only people who are against the new server are the P2P players who put this game into the abyss and made people leave.

    oh sure, let's further split an already dwindling population in another server. Let's see how well forming parties can go.
    Nobody is going to force you to play on the server.
  • hypnosian123hypnosian123 Posts: 116 Arc User
    pwi needs a total merge, cross server events can be played anyways same way even if the server is only 1, we leave some events EU TZ and some others NA TZ, big factions can adapt and make their eu players play certain events and NA players play other ones
  • pemanah#8737 pemanah Posts: 2 Arc User
    Wow, I think most ppl want to merge server. But I think, developer should make a new one server, I know it expensive, but it can rise activity in new server, and economic will grow rapidly in new server, because all ppl want to upgrade their toon. They will buy gold, trading items, and it will benefit to developer too.
  • boo4uboo4u Posts: 442 Arc User
    Game isnt that popular international to fund another server..thus proving the cashers do not keep things going in this game.WE the farmers in game keep the balls rolling around here.

  • mysticalconumdrmmysticalconumdrm Posts: 62 Arc User
    boo4u wrote: »
    Game isnt that popular international to fund another server..thus proving the cashers do not keep things going in this game.WE the farmers in game keep the balls rolling around here.

    how cute.....another "WWWAAAHHHHH everybody should pay the bills so I can have a free gaming experience.."
    well guess what honey.....?????
    electricity ..................................................cost money
    servers ......................................................cost money
    staff ..........................................................costs money
    upgrades ..................................................cost money
    the people to write the code for updates.. costs money
    I assume to put the game online................costs money
    so yeah...us poor cashers dont keep anything rollin'.....huh

  • ailiadrakeailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    ailiadrake wrote: »
    I think we should get a new server but cap the gear limit to only G16 so it gives us the new players a chance to participate in Nation's war without getting one hit killed by Rank 9. Only people who are against the new server are the P2P players who put this game into the abyss and made people leave.

    oh sure, let's further split an already dwindling population in another server. Let's see how well forming parties can go.
    Nobody is going to force you to play on the server.

    no. You get it completely wrong.
    let's say they put a new server out.
    let's say 1/4 of current people migrate from each server to the 5th +some random people that are really new.

    less people on the other servers. still not many people in the fifth.

    it's already darn hard to get parties with the current population we have.


    But ok. Let's not look at this from my (biased) point of view. Let's look at it from pwi's point of view. Like someone up there has mentioned, a server cost money. both for running, and for maintenance (regular and special).

    If pwi has merged their original how-many-servers-there-were-in-the-past into 4 of them (thus starting the whole "American people stuck in EU server" thing too), there must be a valid reason. Most probably related to money. Which seems to be the same cause for the general abandonment of the playerbase both ingame and in the forums.

    I'm no expert, but I think that running a server like the ones pwi has does cost a fairly pretty sum, and I don't think that a few players charging (even for the new server), will cover the costs.


    But again, I might be mistaken and they all this so that they could implement cross events! After all, pwi doesn't disclose their numbers, so I have no idea how much they are making.


    Cheers!
  • datsangdatsang Posts: 130 Arc User
    ailiadrake wrote: »

    But ok. Let's not look at this from my (biased) point of view. Let's look at it from pwi's point of view. Like someone up there has mentioned, a server cost money. both for running, and for maintenance (regular and special).

    If pwi has merged their original how-many-servers-there-were-in-the-past into 4 of them (thus starting the whole "American people stuck in EU server" thing too), there must be a valid reason. Most probably related to money. Which seems to be the same cause for the general abandonment of the playerbase both ingame and in the forums.

    I'm no expert, but I think that running a server like the ones pwi has does cost a fairly pretty sum, and I don't think that a few players charging (even for the new server), will cover the costs.


    But again, I might be mistaken and they all this so that they could implement cross events! After all, pwi doesn't disclose their numbers, so I have no idea how much they are making.


    Cheers!

    Honestly, server costs really arent as high as ppl make them seem to be. I would guess they host their own servers, which is cheaper than renting servers but even if they were renting, I am very doubtful they would be spending more than 50k/year on PWI servers. The annual wage of a staff member is probably ~25-30k USD. They have 500 emplyees according to linkedin(This number is potentially bloated with ex-employees), not accounting(?) the ppl in office in Amsterdam, which is bout 25 ppl? All in all servers cost money but they are peanuts in comparison to staff wages. Though frankly small minority of these employees work with PWI.

    Now, setting that all aside, most ppl are looking this in a backwards way. They seem to think its a good investment if they have positive number from the new server after costs, right? This is a wrong approach and I explain why. You need to compare the number you are making with current setup vs the money you would with the 5th server. The problem with just looking at how much new server would make is, it will eat profits from the other servers with ppl changing servers. So even if the new server might make biggest bucks of all servers, it could still be a poor decision for PWE financially.

    And then there is the lack of players on each server as it is. The less ppl are playing, the less the of a reason existing players have to charge. Its like a spiral, which is very hard to change direction of.

    I imagine merging west coast servers together would make sense but at the same time it would imbalance the xTW quite a bit as both west coast servers have a guild in top3 and we learned from last merges ppl will flock to main guilds. For example Archo had defiance, which got influx of HT players from smaller guilds. Same as Karma from HT got influx from smaller archo guilds. Sadly the TWs didnt last too long with one side losing morale fast and hard. With the factions in place for the potential new west coast server I dont see that as such a worry but who knows. The problem however is, the main west coast factions are already doing well for themselves, bolstering their numbers will make it pretty rough for the other 2 servers to compete.

    All in all I would love to get merged again but I understand the problems it might raise for xServer events.
  • cronicles1cronicles1 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Alternative solution to making instances more farmable:
    Reduce Squad size requirements for end game instances such as TTR 4-1 / 4-2 / uncharted paradise.
    Shift the focus of instances from 10 chars to 4 or 5.
    Remove the key requirements.

    These viable changes will enable smaller parties to enter and farm end game gear which would result in more people getting similar or 'competitive' gears over time.

    Before people immediately hop on and criticize these changes, it's important to remember that current end game instances are already being farmed by 1-2 maybe 3-4 people that bring in a bunch of alts in order to boost which results in less people being able to enter such instances to begin with. Another problem i imagine many will point out is 'but those who can farm all day will just increase the gear gap between those who cannot farm.' This point is kind of invalid due to the fact that it's already happening across Dawnglory (and i assume other servers). A short summary of what (i imagine) would happen is, the heavy csers / people desperate for end game gears would cs or spend more of the coins buying materials from other people causing prices to rise. But because the supply of such materials have increased exponentially and the demand for such end game gear is typically 1set, the price will eventually fall back down until more people are caught up and want to make the next major gear upgrade.

    Server merge probably won't solve any problems - if anything it may cause turn out to be a disaster with conflicting prices, existing gear gap between the average player of each server etc.

    Just a random thought: Why don't we reduce faction size from 200 down to something like 50. Might make things like TW and XTW more interesting. (And before you say well yeah, but chances are, there'll just one faction of 50 end game chars - well yeah, but again, there's already factions that exist with such end game chars). The demand for balanced pvp from individuals should be good enough to balance itself out over time, i highly doubt anyone who's preference is pvp will be satisfied by occasionally having 1 pvp session per week.

    As always though, these are just my opinion - feel free to disagree.
  • happyhailhappyhail Posts: 112 Arc User
    Or, we just keep existing mechanics and put more people on a single server, thus increasing competition for resources and map control. Prices will stabilize in the long run, and it's not exactly fair that you can get something like g17.5 on one server for literally 1/4th the price you can on another anyway.
  • cyberomega45cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    Just a drop in here... But just remember x server events require 4 servers to run.

    Thanks.

    There are alot of people who don't do NW, xNW, TW or xTW. There are more PvP events than PvE events atm. Because of xNW and xTW, they got rid of Tigers and Jungle Ruins, which non PvP players used to have fun with. Just merge the servers and have 2, one for NA and one for EU/Asia. Also have it where people can choose which server to transfer too, if they actually change stuff. I know plenty of players on the Harshland server when they merged them into the Dawnglory server were upset they had to go from east coast time to EU time. Another thing you could do is just make all servers PvP where at level 30 you are forced to go into white name, since the game pretty much makes it where you can be pkd in FSP, UCH, UP and DH. I just love it when I am on a weaker toon doing UCH and some idiot drops squad and decides to pk the whole squad because they can, even though my toon is blue named.
  • deceitsouldeceitsoul Mystery Gamer Posts: 84 Community Moderator
    The other option is to go with what final fantasy mmo did . Could visit other servers any time but only the ones from your data center.
  • fededominofededomino Posts: 134 Arc User
    how to rescue a game when almost every update ruin the fun and still focus on gear and player need to charge gold , for pwi they never tried out , is to let real life companies pay for to do Advertisements in all big cities ingame on house wall and pwi can develope same thingy there is on railway station that show Advertisements that change each 1-2 minute in every big cities and in arcasaur there is plenty of wall to use for Advertisements of any kind , how about some innovation management from the staff to think deep how to turn the game cash flow , and for god christ , stop to keep game only focus on gear , small thinking = small cash , Let real life Companies pay and shop too , Advertisement is all over but not ingame , mabye im blindfolded , and also Airship can show Advertisement over all big cities , who ever never try out , will never know ,, also i dont understand why some event / instance only is open a short time , why not let everything be open 24/7
    when and if pwi can and will let companies pay for Advertisement of any kind of product, the player can play unlimit free .
    Companies have more cash than all player together

    sorry i was here , sorry for my bad english

    complains can be delivered to santa clause :'(
  • mysticalconumdrmmysticalconumdrm Posts: 62 Arc User
    fededomino wrote: »
    is to let real life companies pay for to do Advertisements in all big cities :'(
    OR
    guilds or reg players can purchase the same thing...."Join XXX Guild..we are great for all levels.."
    or whatever.....
    your just another cheap person who thinks everybody else and every company on Earth
    should pay so YOU can play for FREE.....

  • bruinvisbruinvis Posts: 36 Arc User
    And thinking about the advertisements itself: the game is made in China while we use the game in the USA or Europe. Different companies so maybe the money will stay at China while we see (and ignore) the advertisements. Also thinking a server merge will show us the game have less players as we (players) expected. A new server would be a private server. I will stick at the current one, even if a merge would be done and we all are transferred to Amsterdam.
  • kyoskekyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    New server wouldn't help, it would probably be ignored. Merging all servers would be a better option, but that would be a temporary fix. What pwi needs to do is:
    1. Update the game's engine, too much lag exist in this game.
    2. Adapt the strategy of some private servers, i would give out a code, redeemable once per account and this code would give base r9 gear. Players would still need to do fws/lunar to upgrade it. If players who gave up and quit heard that they were getting free r9 they would come back, some would even try new classes as well.
    3. Add dot/dod to pvp event rewards, sure most endgame players would still win, but if they make it contribution based players can save points over time for reward. e.g Thursday night pvp.
    With this r9 suggestion, the spenders would still have an advantage, because instead of fighting in pvp, they could still get everything from packs, as they do now. Now if giving out free r9 proves to be insane, another option is add mogs and gst to thursday night pvp event or nw rewards. As far as i know you dont have to be OP to get supply tokens or rewards in those events.
    From what ive seen on this game, once a player starts or get base r9, they are normally motivated to play more. Give them the push they need and you will see how active this game becomes again.
  • heero200heero200 Helper Extraordinary Posts: 3,886 Community Moderator
    I dono as the question stands I don't think a new server is the answer.

    However neither do I think merging them all is the right thing at the moment.

    And to say don't forget most events are hard coded. Meaning you can't change time. Right now I think being able to swap servers may help. Or even being able to interact with other servers more... Data centre... O Dear.

    Thanks.
  • murkemurke Posts: 1 Arc User
    I think we should get a new server but cap the gear limit to only G16 so it gives us the new players a chance to participate in Nation's war without getting one hit killed by Rank 9. Only people who are against the new server are the P2P players who put this game into the abyss and made people leave.

    I am g16 and going to NW and xNW all the time. Put some time and effort into your toon, and gear won't matter that much. There is this thing called spirit, stones, refines. Work on it. No, I can't get OP players, but rest of r9 are a nice challenge.
  • happyhailhappyhail Posts: 112 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    I dono as the question stands I don't think a new server is the answer.

    However neither do I think merging them all is the right thing at the moment.

    And to say don't forget most events are hard coded. Meaning you can't change time. Right now I think being able to swap servers may help. Or even being able to interact with other servers more... Data centre... O Dear.

    Thanks.

    I've attended maybe 10 events during the past few years because we were forced onto a European server, so forgive me for not caring at all about event times. On behalf of every American player that was shoved onto a EU server with 400+ ping and 0 events and then lied to and forgotten . . . Oh well?

    Having a server with more people who are actually active and PVP is better for health and PWI's wallet than anything else.

  • heero200heero200 Helper Extraordinary Posts: 3,886 Community Moderator
    happyhail wrote: »
    heero200 wrote: »
    I dono as the question stands I don't think a new server is the answer.

    However neither do I think merging them all is the right thing at the moment.

    And to say don't forget most events are hard coded. Meaning you can't change time. Right now I think being able to swap servers may help. Or even being able to interact with other servers more... Data centre... O Dear.

    Thanks.

    I've attended maybe 10 events during the past few years because we were forced onto a European server, so forgive me for not caring at all about event times. On behalf of every American player that was shoved onto a EU server with 400+ ping and 0 events and then lied to and forgotten . . . Oh well?

    Having a server with more people who are actually active and PVP is better for health and PWI's wallet than anything else.

    You forgot to say about the eu people on us servers.

    Exactly what I was thinking the point was. This would help I'm sure with players vs server time and many other things.

    Thanks.
  • blazerboyblazerboy Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    happyhail wrote: »
    heero200 wrote: »
    I dono as the question stands I don't think a new server is the answer.

    However neither do I think merging them all is the right thing at the moment.

    And to say don't forget most events are hard coded. Meaning you can't change time. Right now I think being able to swap servers may help. Or even being able to interact with other servers more... Data centre... O Dear.

    Thanks.

    I've attended maybe 10 events during the past few years because we were forced onto a European server, so forgive me for not caring at all about event times. On behalf of every American player that was shoved onto a EU server with 400+ ping and 0 events and then lied to and forgotten . . . Oh well?

    Having a server with more people who are actually active and PVP is better for health and PWI's wallet than anything else.

    You forgot to say about the eu people on us servers.

    Exactly what I was thinking the point was. This would help I'm sure with players vs server time and many other things.

    Thanks.

    Euro players on US players was always actually doable if you adjusted you sleep schedule around events vs you asking people to adjust work schedules something they often times can never do.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
Sign In or Register to comment.