Searching for an old friend

Options
Hello all,

I used to play Neverwinter a lot. One day I met this girl in game named Miss Nazarene, and we quickly became pretty good friends and Neverwinter buddies. At no point did we develop feelings for each other or anything, we were just good friends that liked playing together. She was going through a lot and was talking about deleting all of her Steam friends because she was being stalking on the Internet by someone and she was extremely paranoid. I tried my best to convince her to stay on Steam because I didn't want to lose a friend but it didn't really seem to do much.

One day Resident Evil 4 went on sale and I bought it for her, even though she told me not to. She was thankful, but asked me why I bought it for her despite the fact that she was planning on deleting all her Steam friends one day. I forgot what I told her, but it was just because I cared about her. I guess I was hoping that it would show her that we had a strong friendship and it would keep her on Steam so we could keep playing together.

Sure enough, one day I got on Steam, and she wasn't on my friends list anymore. Never heard from her again. It was tough to deal with for awhile, but I eventually moved on in my life and just kind of repressed these memories of losing yet another friend. It's been years since this happened, and I still have no idea where she is, how she is, or even if she's still alive, because when we were friends she had mentioned committing suicide. Since this occurence, every once in a long while I would type her name in the search on Steam to see if she came back, but it never had any results.

Just a couple days ago I came across a post on the internet about friends that you meet online that one day either log off forever or delete you and that's the last you hear from them. It reminded me of Miss Nazarene so I conducted another search and found someone named MissNaz on steam. Didn't know if it was her and I couldn't see their steam library, but it said she last logged on about 140 days ago, so I asked someone on their friends list if this MissNaz has Neverwinter or Resident Evil 4 in their Steam library, but they said she doesn't.

So at this point, I'm kind of just back to square one. Now that I've been fully reminded of Miss Nazarene, it's just as hard as it was before to simply move on and forget. I'm currently redownloading Neverwinter to see if I can somehow track down past friends or conversations and go from there, but my hopes are pretty low.

I guess I just wanted to drop this here to see if anyone has any information that can help, or would like to help me make contact with her again. It really sucks just not knowing anything about how she's doing or where she's ended up. I know that almost everyone has experienced something like this.

My current thought is that this really isn't going to go anywhere. She's been gone from my friends list for years, and I used to put a little time into trying to find her again, but it never went anywhere. This is probably just gonna be another case of a lost internet friend. But anything that you guys can provide or say will help. If you've read this far, then I humbly thank you for sticking to the end of it.

Miss Nazarene, if you're still out there, I wish you the absolute best and I hope you're doing well. I don't know what name you remember me by, it's very likely Zoso or wholio5, one of those two. It may even be hetfieldulrich, I can't remember what I named my character in Neverwinter. But I remember yours, you trickster rogue. All I can do is cross my fingers and hope that by all the impossible odds, you somehow stumble across this some day in the future.

update (12/2/2018): just logged back in on my old Neverwinter character, her Neverwinter handle is @nazzalicious

update (12/2/2018): just sent an in-game mail message to her handle

Comments

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Options
    ...she was being stalking on the Internet by someone ...

Yes, it usually starts with someone who starts a topic like this. If she (or he) still plays Neverwinter you eventually can find her (or him) again. If not, you can always find new friends in that game.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Options
    Honestly this seems more like a phishing scam than anything the Miss Nazarene is most likely some guy that tells the same story over and over hoping to find someone gullible enough to buy “her” things and then delete all friends and sell the steam account with the game purchased...

I hate to break it to you but, that’s the sad reality of the online world... it’s a dude and it’s not a coincidence that he deleted everything via steam friends to sell the account directly after you purchased resident evil for them...

And by the looks of the story the only one internet stalking and harassing the person is you... Re-read your own post it seems like a desperate stalker trying to locate someone to do stuff to....
  • moneyhess
    moneyhess Posts: 17 Arc User
    Options
    i know her in game name. i can give it to you, but first mail me a CoM