PW new engine

kot3
kot3 Posts: 7 Arc User
This how can look like pw on modern engine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMURKQydKyY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92bYGsQUHmY

But developers dont do anything, just add some reflection on water, its ridiculous
So sad, to bad

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Based on things I've read, it seems Wanmei wishes to make Perfect World 3 on Unreal engine while continuing support for Perfect World 2 (what our version is). That might be for the best, honestly, since PW2 has become imbalanced in PvP, farming gets eliminated with every new expansion and the game steadily heads to a more and more pay-to-win territory.

I don't see a point in upgrading the current Perfect World 2 other than to improve PC performance which is badly needed. PWCN seems to be extremely popular in China, however, so I don't know what Wanmei is planning to do with the game in the future.

I could be wrong through, so take this with a grain of salt.
    ​​
  • kot3

Based on things I've read, it seems Wanmei wishes to make Perfect World 3 on Unreal engine while continuing support for Perfect World 2 (what our version is). That might be for the best, honestly, since PW2 has become imbalanced in PvP, farming gets eliminated with every new expansion and the game steadily heads to a more and more pay-to-win territory.
    ​​
    PW need to be independed game created by fans/gamers, not a greed developers, they making games only for money sucking.
    Good PW was in 2008-2011, after we got trash-updates and a lot p2w boxes, ruining all enocomy/farm, totaly agree with that.
  • mark1c
    mark1c Posts: 26 Arc User
    Majority of people dont understand upgrading graphics engine would kill the game.To many players would rage quit not being able to have their 2-10 catshops opened which means they would not be able to make money anymore.Dont you guys see West Arch per server?it has x2 amount of catshops then the actual active players.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited July 2018

I don't see a point in upgrading the current Perfect World 2 other than to improve PC performance which is badly needed. PWCN seems to be extremely popular in China, however, so I don't know what Wanmei is planning to do with the game in the future.

​​

Tbh I think game is a more cheat to win territory from P2W. 6v6 Spam farming, abusing Alts for +2 gems all the ppl ticketing for free gear/NP, and glitching UPD from what I’ve seen.
    Post edited by blazerboy on
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I would be happy for an update to this.

A brief reminder.
    P.s. Any topic remotely non related to this thread will be removed. Any continued breach may result in action being taken.

Thanks.
  • darcy#5920
    darcy#5920 Posts: 2 Arc User
    It's very beautiful.. <3<3 Hope this is real.
  • kot3
    Portion of HQ screenshots
    Highres_Screenshot00066.jpg
    Highres_Screenshot00062.jpg
    Highres_Screenshot00067.jpg
    Highres_Screenshot00064.jpg
    Highres_Screenshot00065.jpg
  • kot3
    Portion
    Highres_Screenshot00066.jpg
    Highres_Screenshot00062.jpg
    Highres_Screenshot00067.jpg
    Highres_Screenshot00064.jpg
    Highres_Screenshot00065.jpg
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User

​​

I usually dont read colored text, Cause i know whoever put it down wants people to read it. But to each it's own. I assuming the method of farming being eliminated with this patch was due to the jolly jones maybe? I actually see a new more effective way to farm that was added. Players low lvl, or even pill ones can now Kill monsters for vitae, Get their sky lvl's up and Do those higher lvl instances, To not only lvl up passives, But get coin as well. But yeah tis what it is.
  • haemyeong
    haemyeong Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    There are 2 New Perfect World titles are coming tho. 1 is already in beta testing phase, which is the mobile version. And the other is console version, which is still yet to be announced officially by Wanmei.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmqDtatHvB0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEhzO4Gdck8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4IcqYnV-bU

• kenshin151
    kenshin151 Posts: 82 Arc User
    Meanwhile, the PC version (which is the main and the one that yields the most money for them), continues with outdated graphics and full of bugs.

It's the chinese logic.
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User

Btw Mark is right pwi is mostly played because its graphics ARE terrible meaning it can even be played on even my power level = potato laptop's not even Diablo will function correctly on the things

Personally I think to get people back to the game is to add those 2 new classes I been hearing about

Then add a system and instance that if you farm it everday without fail anybody can acquire r9 plus 10 refines in about 2 years

This way it gives newer players time to learn their class and the market so they can make their own investments for the future

It would be a way to garner support for those new players, and help them bond with older ones. Since that instance will be a new daily, changing the mechanics to the bosses and mobs so it follows a different algorithm each day and actually requires you to beat bosses strategically by exploiting elemental weaknesses like the game originally used to

And older players get special items and gear ect for assisting

Will slow the game down so everything isn't spark killed, because that doesn't teach a player a class

As it stands trials wont do it because to many high level factions have a funnel system with gear nothing is kicked back indiscriminately it goes to cliques

The gear system of the highest faction all gang up on all locations of the Thursday night helm doesnt matter how many you kill or bring as the helm is farmed especially for the reason that it gears it's highest level players

Same thing with Saturday bosses with 300 mill drop

Ect ext.

I hear it's not just my servers problem, that every server finds the most op fac irritating because of this .

Vae Victis.
  • moms#5335
    moms#5335 Posts: 2 Arc User
    weapon762 wrote: »
    Btw Mark is right pwi is mostly played because its graphics ARE terrible meaning it can even be played on even my power level = potato laptop's not even Diablo will function correctly on the things

Personally I think to get people back to the game is to add those 2 new classes I been hearing about

Then add a system and instance that if you farm it everday without fail anybody can acquire r9 plus 10 refines in about 2 years

This way it gives newer players time to learn their class and the market so they can make their own investments for the future

It would be a way to garner support for those new players, and help them bond with older ones. Since that instance will be a new daily, changing the mechanics to the bosses and mobs so it follows a different algorithm each day and actually requires you to beat bosses strategically by exploiting elemental weaknesses like the game originally used to

And older players get special items and gear ect for assisting

Will slow the game down so everything isn't spark killed, because that doesn't teach a player a class

As it stands trials wont do it because to many high level factions have a funnel system with gear nothing is kicked back indiscriminately it goes to cliques

The gear system of the highest faction all gang up on all locations of the Thursday night helm doesnt matter how many you kill or bring as the helm is farmed especially for the reason that it gears it's highest level players

Same thing with Saturday bosses with 300 mill drop

Ect ext.

I hear it's not just my servers problem, that every server finds the most op fac irritating because of this .

Idk our faction distributes to anyone who participates- trials are based on how many you went to and pwb is split evenly despite gear- if you show you get the same in nv3 as np.
  • skarthos
    skarthos Posts: 58 Arc User
    idk about other facs but for trials, my faction has everyone request 3 packs (split in to r8mats/g17mats/tempers etc) and they are then distributed equally among the people who requested the mats. pwn is as moms faction, we split whatever we get evenly to everyone who attends and actively participates. tnf helm is sold whoever is next on the request list whenever we get it.
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    How we live our lives is of course how we spend our time. Think about it.
  • wolfiebones
    wolfiebones Posts: 3 Arc User
    Then add a system and instance that if you farm it everyday without fail anybody can acquire r9 plus 10 refines in about 2 years

For most people I know including myself it took 1 year to farm one of my charaters into r9 and that was without really grind farming every day. Granted she is still +7 but that's coz never had a real need in game to make it higher.

I have just recently got r9r4 wep for my sin which took a year as well, though I was even more lazy about farming it due to spending a lot of my week at uni
  • lionheart1991
    lionheart1991 Posts: 11 Arc User
    This game will die, and that's it. Someone said that back in 2008-2011, this game was worth playing. Indeed was such a beautiful game. You just had to farm TT, and mats and still have bunch of money. Now that games its kept alive by cash shopers. I think its the most pay to win game outthere. You don't put money in it, you mean nothing. As long as the developers just want to suck money out of it, this game will slowly die. Unfortunately.
  • shaedan#4747
    shaedan#4747 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Every free to play game is P2W in some way. You won't have the best everything in any F2P game without spending some cash in the shop - they have to support the dev team and pay the bills somehow. Only real cure to P2W is pay to play in an MMO. I'd rather it be P2W, at least people can play, even if they can't get all of the best stuff free and, you can keep playing on months you might not be able to afford what a subscription would cost.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Game is still worth playing for me however if someone want pvp without spending anything, the 'f2p' private servers are still here. This game won't die however for many it's dead because they simply don't have fun. :|
    Post edited by sjampie on
  • kittythecat2013
    kittythecat2013 Posts: 55 Arc User
    New games that don't require years of work to maximize the character keep coming out every year.
    Trailers and online videos and places where people talk about them keep growing.
    B0ycotts on companies that focus on money and don't listen to the player base are growing.
    We all know PWI was much bigger and most of the current players are new and won't stay or old players that stay because already invested too much and not really enjoy the game.
    Its like an old TV series we only watch waiting to see the end.
    As old PCs die people buy cheap new much powerful PCs that run games that are more entertaining.
    Nowadays with $300 you get a simple Ryzen 3 2200G + Gigabyte B450M + 8GB RAM + RX 550 and play anything you want.
    Because the normal player don't need 200FPS on GTA5 and a $250 bill per month on electricity
    Most people are playing things that don't need extensive farming like Overwatch, Fortnite, Rainbow Six etc
    Games like this with "packs" are slot machines that allow underage gambling and people are getting fed up with it.
    Companies like Valve, Bethesda and Blizzard seem to not have seen what happened to EA and are losing market share.
    It also worries me that if there is no future for PWI in long term, everything you work for now is going to be wasted because wither the cash players are always going to be on top or because less and less people are going to be around for you to use you gears with or because one day they will merge the last servers and finally one day turn it off.