Wonderland/Base Trials Glitchy Titles

Options
wibles
wibles Posts: 57 Arc User
I know that in the Likes/Dislikes/Bugs report thread the mods/admins have already been made aware that the "Ten Dimensional Server First" title is glitchy in appearance and doesnt seem to appear properly, but this also seems to be the case with many of the Wonderland related titles (at least the ones we have been able to obtain. The titles related to riding rides still seem to be impossible to obtain and/or glitched completely... but I guess that's another story...).

My question here is if there is any word on if these will be fixed in the future? If anything will be added to a future patch to address them? What they are supposed to look like is quite cute, but tbh at the moment they look pretty awful. Like, really awful. xD

Comments

• zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    Options
    "Gunner" title in wonderland is not bugged, so I guess is about the length of title, or the space between words.
  • wibles
    wibles Posts: 57 Arc User
    Options
    That could be likely, as the CN titles involve much fewer characters in the titles than the english versions
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    zoube wrote: »
    "Gunner" title in wonderland is not bugged, so I guess is about the length of title, or the space between words.

Gunner actually is a little broken since it's not supposed to have any black letters. The chinese version of the Gunner title is 4 characters long and so they only defined 4 colors for it. Since in english it is 6 characters long the extra two show up as black.

Your intuition is correct about the length of the titles breaking the system. The title data only has room for a maximum of 9 colors and the client is currently using the length of the title as the cycle length of the colors.
    Any title of length greater than 9 tries to load invalid colors and breaks the code (and could potentially crash the game). To fix it they need to make the colors cycle at a length independent of the length of the title.

The devs totally dropped the ball with this animation code, did they forget there are other languages out there?
    ​​