Why cant I log on since the upgrade in January

Options
firefox#4124
firefox#4124 Posts: 8 Arc User
Since the upgrade I have not been abel to log in to PWI. After the files are checked and verified etc and I press play all that happens is that it attemps to start then nothing. What can I do. I have reinstalled it and nothing changed. Help

Answers

• warpedvoid
    warpedvoid Posts: 11 Arc User
    Options
    i feel you and no ones helping i have sorta the same problem.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    Have you tried this thread? https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1208550/cant-login-to-server-after-last-update

Some posts down there are some instructions for launching the game through some kind of repair option. It seemed to work for some people but I'm not sure if it works for everyone. I also am not sure if you have to do that every time you launch.

I've also heard some people have to launch their game a few times (maybe even with that repair option) to get it to work.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • firefox#4124
    firefox#4124 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    I still cant get on. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've used the repair option. Nothing. What else is there that i can try?
  • swordmaster757
    swordmaster757 Posts: 11 Arc User
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I haven't played in years and decided to return. I updated the game. It attempts to log in, and disconnects before ever actually connecting. I'm disappointed to see that no one has replied for resolution solutions in this post yet. That's not a good omen for me as a returning player.

~SerenityCNB~
    ~SerenityCNB~

May you all live long and prosper.

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    How are you starting the Game.

Your not in a banned area? Sorry to ask but things have shifted.

You have downloaded the client Via arc?
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »

And the one key thing to note, is that you have to do a fresh download of the client from Arc. Especially if you were rocking the Steam version previously. All versions of the client must be fully removed from your PC before you download the new one.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »

And the one key thing to note, is that you have to do a fresh download of the client from Arc. Especially if you were rocking the Steam version previously. All versions of the client must be fully removed from your PC before you download the new one.

This is one of the main problems and cause of problems.
  • swordmaster757
    swordmaster757 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I shouldn't be in a banned area. (I'm on the East Coast of the U.S.) I was starting from the element client link, but I do have Arc already installed from previous updates before I left. I've never used Steam for Perfect World. My client was from before they came out with Arc, and I used Arc once they came out with it.

To ensure I'm reading it right, would I have to now delete it all, and redownload it from scratch, despite having never played the game via Steam?

~SerenityCNB~
    ~SerenityCNB~

May you all live long and prosper.

• heerohex#3018
    Options
    I shouldn't be in a banned area. (I'm on the East Coast of the U.S.) I was starting from the element client link, but I do have Arc already installed from previous updates before I left. I've never used Steam for Perfect World. My client was from before they came out with Arc, and I used Arc once they came out with it.

To ensure I'm reading it right, would I have to now delete it all, and redownload it from scratch, despite having never played the game via Steam?

~SerenityCNB~

It looks that way.

Any Client that was not downloaded with Arc simply rejects your login with the "Disconnected From Server". Arc uses some injection method to launch the client which appears to be server side hence the no one has cracked it yet part either.

The best answer I can give is load it Via arc if it still gives your problems... your only left with that one option.

Thanks.​​
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Options
    Yes, the way SylenThunder explained it to me is that Arc injects a one time key into the login data that it sends to the client.
    If you have a client version from Steam or from before Arc was started, it is not able to understand that key data that Arc is giving it.

So basically if you have an older client from before the Arc requirement, you have to do a fresh download.​​