G17 vs r9rr bow

et3rea
et3rea Posts: 58 Arc User
So i just got my t3 zerk bow and i was wondering if its worth to use it as primarly weapon over r9rr. Losing 23 att lvls is a lot but does the gof and the +max p attack increase make up for it?

Comments

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    If you're already full Deity then it's probably worth it but if you play more JoSD/support then should stick with R9 unless youre squaded with a good veno.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I`m gonna use my archer as guinea pig for this so its likely not 100% accurate on your situation but might give some insight.

My gear in R9 bow: https://mypers.pw/13/#690049

I know I got higher p.attack range than that but I guess its gonna be same for g17 bow so it shouldnt affect results much.

But lets assume basic non jaded target, say my archer at 53 def levels.

60954[average p.att] * 1,82 [crit multiplier] * (1 + (202-53) /100) [attack level multiplier] = 276231 dmg. Note this doesnt account for resistances or PvP dmg reduction, whcih arent important for this comparison.

Same for jaded target, gonna use my archer again and throwing full jades with sovereign stones, also add O`Malleys. We get 132 defense levels.

60954[average p.att] * 1,82 [crit multiplier] * (1 + (202-32) /100) [attack level multiplier] = 188592 damage.

G17 bow build: https://mypers.pw/13/#690056

60722[average p.att] * 1,78 [crit multiplier] * (1 + (180-53) /100) [attack level multiplier] * 1,2 [GoF multiplier] = 294423

60722[average p.att] * 1,78 [crit multiplier] * (1 + (180-132) /100) [attack level multiplier] * 1,2 [GoF multiplier] = 191959

What this tells us is when hitting deity/vit stones/unsharded ppl, you deal bout 10% more DPS with GoF bow compared to R9 bow. Hitting jaded target however the dps is basically the same, no matter which bow you use.

I`d say its hard to justify using GoF bow outside of 1vs1s as ppl are always buffed and you purging and getting hits into purged target vastly out damages the 10% more you get on "no def level" targets with GoF bow.

These numbers are from demon deity archer PoV - Devil stones can afford losing attack levels better and if you arent deity/devil, just bank the bow till its S4.

The extra 2% crit to calc is from white wings. I maybe should of accounted the crit dmg reductions into calculations but I thought bout them halfway and felt too lazy to start all over.

BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • et3rea
    My build is full jades and sitting at 137 att 111 def lvls with g17. So far looks to me that g17 is better in pve not so much in pvp
    asterelle wrote: »
    If you're already full Deity then it's probably worth it but if you play more JoSD/support then should stick with R9 unless youre squaded with a good veno.

Atm im sitting at 2274 spirit having belt and necklace sharded with perfect spirit shards and full jaded. Would it be worth swapping those with yaksha stones and maybe swap 1 piece of jades with deity to make up for the attack levels loss?
  • keihan007#7641
    et3rea wrote: »
    My build is full jades and sitting at 137 att 111 def lvls with g17. So far looks to me that g17 is better in pve not so much in pvp

Atm im sitting at 2274 spirit having belt and necklace sharded with perfect spirit shards and full jaded. Would it be worth swapping those with yaksha stones and maybe swap 1 piece of jades with deity to make up for the attack levels loss?

My personal opinion is to just swap everything to deities, you can leave orn shards as swapping those cost a fair bit. On sale that swap would cost you ~700m iirc, which isnt too bad imo. But orn swap with 1 piece swap costs more for less attack levels.

Go all or nothing - I personally dont know why archers are jades w/o NP nowdays as the lack of dmg is just pretty noticeable. Sure you are super squishy and you die a lot more than as jades but I personally find the increase in damage worth all that.

• et3rea
    saxroll wrote: »

My personal opinion is to just swap everything to deities, you can leave orn shards as swapping those cost a fair bit. On sale that swap would cost you ~700m iirc, which isnt too bad imo. But orn swap with 1 piece swap costs more for less attack levels.

Go all or nothing - I personally dont know why archers are jades w/o NP nowdays as the lack of dmg is just pretty noticeable. Sure you are super squishy and you die a lot more than as jades but I personally find the increase in damage worth all that.

Because i always been full jaded since i got my base r9 and idk if id feel comfortable deity sharded. Since the cost of swapping isnt really that cheap idk if i wanna take that route. On top of that my starchart hasn't any pdef or mag def.
  • keihan007#7641

Because i always been full jaded since i got my base r9 and idk if id feel comfortable deity sharded. Since the cost of swapping isnt really that cheap idk if i wanna take that route. On top of that my starchart hasn't any pdef or mag def.

Unless you are constantly taking damage, jades really dont offer much. Deities on other hand are always on effect when you are shooting at things, which should be most of the time. So while I understand ppl to be nervous bout going deity, I have yet to see a single archer regret that decision as they just offer so much more for most archers.

But its your toon, you play as you wish. If swapping everything to deity is too big of a step at first, take smaller one(s) and see if the higher risk, higher reward build works for you. But short of being full deity that G17S3 bow isnt gonna be worth much to you in PvP and even still you`ve seen the math I provided. There is a good reason why barely no archer uses G17S3 bow despite access to GoF, S4 and onwards is when its actually pretty nice but that costs quite a bit.

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    With respect to sharding, most people underestimate how good spirit still is.
    If you're full Deity/Devil it is still better to have spirit stones in your ornaments even if they're only +25.
    Like if you have something like 200 attack levels and 2.5k spirit vs an opponent with 80 defense levels.

+8 attack levs = 200 -> 208... relative benefit works out to 8/(200 -80 +100) = +3.6% damage
    +100 spirit = 2500 -> 2600... relative benefit is 100/(2500+1000) = +2.9% damage and +2.9% survival

If you were JoSD though then the attack level shards look good too.
    8 / (150-80+100) = ~4.7% more damage

Most people don't get that the relative benefit of spirit only depends on how much spirit you already have and it doesn't matter how much spirit the target has. Someone going from 2500 -> 2600 will always do 2.9% more damage and have 2.9% more survival vs all pvp targets.

Now if they give away a ton more free spirit in a future expansion things could change but they have also been making attack levels easier to get and there's always +32 sharding.
    ​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
  • asterelle21#7950
    asterelle21#7950 Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @asterelle said:
    > If you're already full Deity then it's probably worth it but if you play more JoSD/support then should stick with R9 unless youre squaded with a good veno.

hELLo Asterelle :)