TT server down?

Options

Comments

• stealraine81
    stealraine81 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Options
    when has PWI ever gotten it right?
    they are constitly messing something up when they do either updates or maint.
    i hope they roll every server back to before the DLS maint, just to see how many other servers rampage.
  • abcd1000
    abcd1000 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    Any chance to fix tt server?Can some1 tell us something pls?how long it will take 2h,3 h...6h.Becomes frustrating....can we get some info plsss?Any chance to log in today??
  • twittldee
    twittldee Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    > @abcd1000 said:
    > Any chance to fix tt server?Can some1 tell us something pls?how long it will take 2h,3 h...6h.Becomes frustrating....can we get some info plsss?Any chance to log in today??

yea what he said.... like how long is tt going to be down for...
  • bratva#8121
    bratva#8121 Posts: 11 Arc User
    Options
    at least " We are sorry of bla bla bla, because we have issues with bla bla bla,, and our bla bla bla is working on it in probably bla bla bla hours, So please bla bla bla"

okay, just fill the bla bla bla part.
  • freedomsgain
    freedomsgain Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    per a gm the developers are aware of the issue, but gave NO ETA when we will be back up at all. THey are not even posting yet about it either just to "stay tuned". fail answer imo
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    Options
    they just dont want to come to work and fix it is all xD
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Options
    alexcion wrote: »
    STOP DELETING MY POSTS
    No one is. Unless the spam filter got it.
    Or, unless you violated some forum rule, then it might have been moved to an admin forums. I personally haven't done anything though.

Update: I went through the logs. The only one who has done anything to your posts is you.

per a gm the developers are aware of the issue, but gave NO ETA when we will be back up at all. THey are not even posting yet about it either just to "stay tuned". fail answer imo
    Where is this from? I have not seen or heard anything yet.​​
  • ghostryder76#5279
    ghostryder76#5279 Posts: 47 Arc User
    Options
    Anybody get any answers or are we still in the dark? Really? This is BS!!!
  • alexcion
    alexcion Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Options
    alexcion wrote: »
    STOP DELETING MY POSTS
    No one is. Unless the spam filter got it.
    Or, unless you violated some forum rule, then it might have been moved to an admin forums. I personally haven't done anything though.

Update: I went through the logs. The only one who has done anything to your posts is you.

I was attempting to edit it and it had an error that it couldn't be located (not verbatim)... *shrugs* No idea where it went or why it went there. I'm happy that I did have a copy of it so I was able to repost.. whatever the error.
    ghostryder wrote: »
    Anybody get any answers or are we still in the dark? Really? This is BS!!!

Haven't heard, read, or seen anything from the company anywhere myself... :(
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    Evening all,

Look I know its frustrating and the situation is not great.

I hope that the GMs and Maint team are aware of the problems and have got bigger problems.

Their where problems with the shutdown on the Maint which may have caused issues.

Please hold fire until Kalyst can get back to us.

Thanks.​​
  • alexcion
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Evening all,

Look I know its frustrating and the situation is not great.

I hope that the GMs and Maint team are aware of the problems and have got bigger problems.

Their where problems with the shutdown on the Maint which may have caused issues.

Please hold fire until Kalyst can get back to us.

Thanks.​​

I'm not "firing" anything... I think we could all agree at this point even a standard "We don't know what the problem is..." post would've been better than nothing. We've all had those moments. My son once unplugged his pc and it took me about a day (in between other things) to rebuild and retrieve old windows files, reinstall drivers, etc... It was just the wrong moment to unplug.. whatever... improper shut down is.. survivable..

But communication can save a lot of headache. A lot of people have a lot of money invested in pixels on this server sooooo.... a "hey guys" could've helped.
  • ghostryder76#5279
    Options
    I totally agree with alex.
  • bestcintiasguy
    bestcintiasguy Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    Is twilight temple down forever or what?
  • lightpheonixx
    lightpheonixx Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
    yes, pwi will die soon, first TT gets killed and each sunday another will fall till it all dies lol
  • heerohex#3018
    edited November 2017
    Options
    They had to shutdown the server at that time. Or data would have been overwritten with the time changes.

I completely understand the frustration and have confidence in PWE to resolve this. Just keep in mind the servers are more complicated than just one system.

A lot of frustration which im sorry, sometimes cant be helped.

Lets hope this will be fixed soon!

Thanks.​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Options
    current.png

Just re-posting this so people can see it. Server still offline or unreachable​​
  • violentj
    violentj Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    Wonder what freebies they're going to throw at us for this disaster... A new mount would be nice XD
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    Options
    Gonna need attendance notes and dreamchasers and event gold for time lost too ijs :D
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options
    Alexcion's posts brought tears to my eyes.
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    Agreed @alexcion

Lets also hope this does not go on for much longer.

Thanks.​​
  • armoftheland1
    armoftheland1 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    is this still down?
  • nociro
    nociro Posts: 50 Arc User
    Options
    Yes, its down
  • bjburdick
    bjburdick Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    Has anyone heard anything about tt server its still down?
  • alexcion
    edited November 2017
    Options
    yes, pwi will die soon, first TT gets killed and each sunday another will fall till it all dies lol

"From the dawn of time we came; moving silently down through the centuries, living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of the Gathering; when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one has ever known we were among you... until now....." "There can be only one." B)
    jadasia wrote: »
    Alexcion's posts brought tears to my eyes.

lol love you too, @jadasia !

And if you don't get the "There can be only one" Highlander quote from above.. my deepest and sincerest sympathies to you, as you have denied yourself of Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod.... and I feel sorry for you. *sadness* :(

@heero200 ;)
  • bestcintiasguy
    bestcintiasguy Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    i don't want dreamchaser, blood or pots however,unique fashion!!, event gold, and a final pv boss token would rock though
  • demonnight121
    demonnight121 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    I Really needed to lv so exp pills would help and nw tokens lost to fact cant do xnw phew this is annoying
  • ghostryder76#5279
    Options
    Dreamcahsers are not even needed anymore. There are very few new pople added and most peeps, even on alts, have gear that is superior. Plus, the are annoying to take out of your inventory.
  • bosk
    bosk Posts: 33 Arc User
    Options
    phage69 wrote: »
    well this is irritating what a POS time to do a maint clearly u tards shouldve waited till a day when ppl work since u cant get it together on a day when "all your people" are off supposedly

Unfortunately the maintenance had to be done between 1 AM and 3 AM on Sunday morning because the servers/database cannot handle the time change that happens when DST starts/ends. This happens twice every year and has been for at least 9 years now.

If they wanted to they could have addressed and fixed this problem almost a decade ago by being consistent with the use of Time. UTC for example never changes, so if all database entries were in UTC and time triggers used UTC -7 or -8 depending on a DST flag, these bi-annual maintenance events would not be required.

And it is not like that is something novel ... almost every other major system in the world does this. You don't see airports shut down for 2 hours when DST changes.

Still, this does not explain why the TT server is still down. I doubt the process was automatic, especially since it has been up a couple times since the DST switched, so this is likely some other kind of problem. Also, TT crashed the first time about a 1/2 hour BEFORE maintenance was scheduled to start. I doubt that was a coincidence. Likely there was a problem before maintenance even started.

It would be nice to hear they were aware of the problem and working on it though. Is it going to be up again in a few minutes or is it likely down until tomorrow afternoon?

Why do I like this game again? Oh right, all the squishy elves.

Cheers!
  • jpbmacleod#8129
    jpbmacleod#8129 Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    Wow Until now still down. I'm so bored, I already annoyed my cat, housework etc etc. but until now server still down. Look's like I'm gonna miss all my dailies and World Boss event. Bring Justice.. joke :p:p
  • niniahne
    niniahne Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    bosk wrote: »

Why do I like this game again? Oh right, all the squishy elves.

Cheers!

Hey now. You can still be made a rug. >.<