Content Update Next week

Options
So we have new content coming in terms of what’s happening with tokens and lucky coins.

However did anyone catch that Tea in regards to the last picture in the news post. Why is that char entering frost… new fash? New weap? Something else? What a weird teaser....

bef29e08be8650cdc82258904ea132471503668211.png​​
Here we go again....
Tagged:

Comments

• miruna555
    miruna555 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    Tbh, I'm curious about why they are removing the book crafting pages; where are they going to go instead?
  • tirus21
    tirus21 Posts: 72 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 if i have Mortal Manifestation and NW ring ill be able to craft g17 s2 ring with both defs?
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options
    Very concerned about removal of book crafting pages. Kalyst can you please investigate if there will be a replacement system for crafting those items? A lot of people rely heavily on the those items to make the skill books they need.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Options
    miruna555 wrote: »
    Tbh, I'm curious about why they are removing the book crafting pages; where are they going to go instead?

probably with tokens of luck or lucky coins
  • myowe
    myowe Posts: 26 Arc User
    Options
    If the removal of the crafting book is gone, how will we get the book?
    Farm fsp for those book? or price for those book skyrocket to gold price? or only CShoper can get those book from Star Reward?
    I dont want either of those possibility :(
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    The Mysterious Pages will now drop from the SoT and Abba final bosses!

Sorry if it concerned anyone! I double checked on our test servers to confirm, since it was mentioned in our patchnotes we received from CN.
  • beast21g
    Options

Sorry if it concerned anyone! I double checked on our test servers to confirm, since it was mentioned in our patchnotes we received from CN.

these are the weekly mode? or TM would be fixed ?
  • skyte325
    skyte325 Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    I am very concerned about this change to pages. If the drop rates are decent, than no worries. But I am more concerned about the Advanced Mystical Pages. Removing these would mean you have to charge and buy the book clips from boutique. 30 gold versus 30 mil is a large difference.
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options

Drop rate %? Is it added to the normal drop table or the additional one? If former, are their drop ammounts increased or does something else in the table take a hit (as in, does that mean SoD and SoA pills drop % decrease?) Need details, kinda a big deal when each character typically needs hundreds (sometimes even in thousands if luck is bad) for their skills. Also what about advanced mythical Pages? @kalystconquerer#0876
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    Most class skills can be obtained from either Mysterious Pages, OBP or PoF. AMPs aren't terribly necessary anymore except for a couple of skills (I think one of the Mystic ones is AMP only). So as long as the SoT/Aba droprate isn't atrocious, this may actually be a welcome change. Hell, if the droprate is too low, it may get people farming SoT/Aba for profit (or, let's be honest, just SoT as Hellfire is much less of a pain to get to than Borobudur), and in the end the value of the pages shouldn't be that much worse than it currently is, if not better.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    Most class skills can be obtained from either Mysterious Pages, OBP or PoF. AMPs aren't terribly necessary anymore except for a couple of skills (I think one of the Mystic ones is AMP only). So as long as the SoT/Aba droprate isn't atrocious, this may actually be a welcome change. Hell, if the droprate is too low, it may get people farming SoT/Aba for profit (or, let's be honest, just SoT as Hellfire is much less of a pain to get to than Borobudur), and in the end the value of the pages shouldn't be that much worse than it currently is, if not better.
    SB and DB's AMP skills are AMP only skills (they're the only class w/o skill overlap between the sources of skills) so this is a hell of blow to those classes.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    Options
    If i remeber correct EU should give random sage/demon book for your class,dunno what skills or if its depend on culti. AEU should give random 79/100 skill if i not mistake.
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Options
    well im pretty sure they have a good intention on their side/...... they just made another way for r9 people to abuse the game they already abused. With the current prices of tokens. 15k - 16k on twilight temple. to make 1 book cost around 6-7m. db and sb are really affected by this... but new players like me will have a hard time trying "farm" this books that only r9 people can effectively farm. hell i don't even have full g16 yet. tf this. if they have a good intention they would've made it a bh reward rather than a freakin sot and abba bosses no g16 can solo. well u can solo it. but the time it takes to kill it is so long it wouldnt be worth it. let's face it,,, the community is dog eat dog world. we can't even run a single fws with greedy people hoarding every god darn mold and not sharing profits. so you tell me. the content update didnt really fix anything. they just made it worst. the prices of the skills which makes from this pages will sky rocket the first few weeks or months. ... in theory it should go down. but hell this is pwi. simple logic does not work here. 3m for hammers. good logic. .. "make it a bh reward is the most promising one since everyone can get it which means the prices on this book will go down (THIS IS A GOOD INTENTION)." remove war avatar orders since it really is a useless one. .. make it 45 pages since u guys really like 45 so much. 45 sockets, ... then at the make ur trash not trash.... and still a trash update. u just made 8 star a thing y not make it every orb has a chance u made it basically 0.00% y not add +5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12 on the table. .. this is a real informative stuff. read it devs ty. y not make a cave that only r9 can enter. oh wait. there already is, "pm weap for invite XD"
    while we are at wtf does cn mean anyway . china man? XD
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    CN means China. Everything we get in this game comes from PWCN (Perfect World China), where the developers are.

If you'd like developers to read your comments then you need to make suggestions to kalyst so she can pass them on to China. However, the Chinese developers will not necessarily agree with every suggestion and some may be completely rejected.
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    Options
    Good Job.
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Seriously they're planning on removing two 100% success craftable items (Advance Mystical Page and Mysterious Page) and replacing with a drop rate percentage farmable instance ? You guys are really intent on killing off this game or slowly attempting to push the remaining dwindling population to commit sucide, good job ! Like I've said before in the many years of playing PWI not everything PWCN releases benefits/applies to PWI, your devs should be able to adjust your updates and game content based on the needs suited to your player base...like what so many other MMOs have done and continue to do with their versions hence why they're still active and around.
  • eytheranea
    eytheranea Posts: 20 Arc User
    Options
    Oddly enough I'm not too worried about the pages going, at least in a ridicalickalous way (deliberatly spelt that wrong) they added a way to make coin. I'm more concerned about making G16/T3 gear out of the lucky coins. The amount it will take, will it drive up the coin pricing more to make almost everything super expensive or will other gear follow, killing one of the little ways farmers can make money.

Bring back coin value for DQ items and other such items, bring back the DQ rewards since we clearly aren't getting a replacement, bring back ways that low level and geared players can make money without opening their wallet, happy players will spend more. Milking your customer base will just make them keep their money or spend elsewhere. I know I havent bought gold on PWI for a while now.

The heads and devs in CN really need to think beyond easy money schemes, and future updates (regarding the 2019 theme park and possible new game engine updates)
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    Options
    Farming page in instance instead with lucky tokens will help F2P.
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    Checked the PWCN client and the following bosses drop Mysterious Pages with these rates:

Queen of Agony, Xipher 0.029903
    Hellfire Abomination 0.029903
    Peachblossom Ritualist 0.032641
    Borobudur Dungeon Lord 0.029102

They all have around a 3% drop rate and drop 30 items total so they drop around 1 Mysterious Page per kill.
    I don't see any Advanced Mystical Pages on their drop tables though. If they do drop Advanced Mystical Pages it's on that weird "Additional Drop Table" which is server-side and not in the client at all. There's a chance more Mysterious Pages could be on that table as well.

As it is though it doesn't look like these things drop all that many. I recommend stocking up on pages now.
    ​​
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Options
    If by any chance that is pointing out to FC being back, tbh, even though I personally don't care about it, it might help get back a lot of the community who loved the instance and liked to powerlevel.
    We lost a LOT and I mean, a LOT of people when FC was shut down, if it does come back maybe so will some people, we'll see, we really need people, servers are growing more and more empty by the day, speaking for Tideswell at least.

Mr. Justice
  • beast21g
    Options
    i wonder how soon we will see WTS SOT/ABBA run
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    I like the idea of the pages being farmable, we need more stuff like that, but im worried about the low droprate and where to get advanced mystical pages from now on.
  • josequeros
    josequeros Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    where is the post for the content update for next week?
  • justdax
    justdax Posts: 94 Arc User
    Options
    Thanks for the info, Asty. And I would note -- you currently need 50 mysterious pages for a single book!! With one page - maybe - dropping per run -- forget it!! Skills are only available now if you charge. Thanks a lot!!
  • mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So let's see thats 50+ runs with a percentage chance of the boss dropping a page plus the luck of squading with a player who drops team and steals the page drops for a shot of making oh a random skill you might/might not need from the book set...anyone wanna do another 50 runs ? yeah I could see it now on WC, or just wait around at the mercy of some R9rr solo farmer to open a catshop selling the pages at a jacked up price , you guys sure know how to run over your F2P players with each update
    Post edited by mistressani on
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    Options
    So from what I see from this update:

The good:
    - X-NW
    - Transmutation (Recycling system)
    - new mirage celstones crafting (kind of mehh but still not bad)
    - Arigora Colosseum Exchanges (only for the OP people but not something bad i guess..)
    - Item Stack Changes (more is always better)

The Bad:
    - Page exchange removed

- gear exchange from lucky coins?

This last change honestly is the finishing shot they could add to the game :D

I guess now the game will be a 100% cash / pack base economy game.

I really don't wanna sound like a jerk here but honestly.. Who is the "genius" that get this ideas? :D

No wonder why lots of people been leaving during the last few months.

• josequeros
    josequeros Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    alright so, what was shown by a player earlier on when we heard about this content update. are we gonna be able to use our lucky coins for glyphs or not?
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Options
    josequeros wrote: »
    alright so, what was shown by a player earlier on when we heard about this content update. are we gonna be able to use our lucky coins for glyphs or not?

not in this update
    rieihdius wrote: »
    - gear exchange from lucky coins?

This last change honestly is the finishing shot they could add to the game :D

I guess now the game will be a 100% cash / pack base economy game.

I really don't wanna sound like a jerk here but honestly.. Who is the "genius" that get this ideas? :D

No wonder why lots of people been leaving during the last few months.

Isnt it like 100 lucky coins for G15 lunar gear?
    (Wont make any difference at that price...still better to buy from people...)
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    Kalystconquerer has already said the runes are not on this update.