3v3 Matchmaking is way too strict

asterelle
asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
3v3 battles do not seem to be properly tuned for our server. Even in prime high activity times you can be waiting 30-40 minutes with no battles. There is a weekly to get 15 battles done a week, if we had frequent battles you can get that done in like an hour and a half but on our server you can spend like 6-10 hours to get it done.

The fact it takes so long to get it done makes people not want to do it so even less people want to queue up which makes the problems compound.

I think these battles are tuned for Chinese servers which have higher population. For our servers they need to be less strict about matchmaking. Perhaps allow people with a greater disparity in rating to fight eachother.

There is a similar problem with minion battles which make the top 3 or 4 prizes there impossible to collect even at 100% win rates.
​​

Comments

• sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    The problem here is that ANY event we get is tuned for china's player base which is obviously higher then ours , and with more servers they have no problems we do with events/ xserver events, and this is why we dont have access to max rewards from most events simply cause not enough players.

We need every event tuned up for our player base so we can take max advantage of it same as china's players (homestead arena , TNF , colosseum).

Insane thing about 3v3 for us is if u fight a team and u both queue up after it u can get stuck in queue for 40mins+ waiting if no1 else queues up other then u 2 , and that happened to me few times and i basically gave up on trying to do it except on certain times when there's teams from other servers queueing up xD
    I know its to prevent win trading and stuff but for our servers its killing us basically since we dont have same player base as china.

Im trying to point out to this problem for a while already since every new update we get will be same for us with these kind of events and would be really good if we can get some info about it that its being looked into.

@kalystconquerer#0876

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Personally I don't really see the problem with getting the 15 battles done in Arena. You simply just shouldn't try to get them done in a single session since you'll fight all the teams currently in queue and then you are done. If queue fails that means it's time to stop and try again later, having a whole week it's really easy to get the 15 battles done.

I do agree there is a problem with the unavailability of the higher tier rewards due to not enough people playing on the ladder, but the solution you are suggesting won't solve a thing. The way the rating system works has almost nothing to do with your winrate, having a 100% winrate is no guarantee to getting a high rating. The score system puts your score up against the score of your opponent and calculates your chance of winning, equal scores being 50/50, and it rewards you based on that chance. If you are able to fight way lower rated squads then you simply won't get any points from beating them, and you will inevitably lose to one of those squads and lose all the points you gained by beating all the other ones. (unless the game thinks you have a 100% chance of beating a team of that rating, in which case it'll award you with 0 points for winning.)

The matchmaking system is designed to create a pyramid, the height of the pyramid is decided by the width of the bottom, not by the quality of the top. If you want the top to be higher you need to increase the width of the bottom. The way to do this is by forcefully increasing the floor, and basically make it impossible for teams to go below a certain rating. In Elysian Arena this system already exists (I believe it is 400) but it isn't high enough. To unlock the highest tiers reward this needs to be increased to 1000. Meaning you can not lose any score, even by losing, if your score is below 1000. This will greatly increase the amount of players that are on 1000+ score compared to right now, which will be the new bottom. Wider bottom = Higher Top.

For Arena I would go as far as to suggest that teams shouldn't be able to drop below 1500 rating, but this is up to them to really figure out, tinkering with these numbers comes with a bit of a risk, they need to get it right.

Since we're on this topic, the same goes for the Thursday Night PvP tournament. In China they have also artificially created a bottom width by limiting the amount of people that can enter the tournament, but on our servers we don't even reach that width, meaning that our top will be much lower than was intended. The PvP tournament is a bit different since they also artificially created a ceiling, since the amount of rounds is limited to 5. I don't know about the other servers, but I believe in Twilight Temple the amount of people making it to Diamond is usually 2 or 3, while the PvP tournament is designed for 9~10 people making it to Diamond. (I might be off, I couldn't be bothered to check)

A way to solve this problem is by making pyramid more steep, so that it is much wider when it reaches this ceiling than it normally would be. What this means is that they should reduce the amount of people that need to be killed in each room. It is currently set to 50%, where 50% passes and 50% fails. If you set it to 33%, where 67% passes and 33% fails, you will have the a better reflection of winners that China intended to have in the PvP Tournament.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    i quit game for this reason, i cant spend 6 hours in a REMOVED Q waiting for matchup to happen in order to get my weekly + team ranking done
    just stupid 2 much weekly daily w.e. and 2 much time to accomplish them, you literaly have to no life the game even if you cash for shortcuts again just stupid, unless PWE decided to lower their target market to teenagers, which leaves me to wonder which teenager can afford PWI's gears price tag

Most time it's ever taken me to get 15 is like 2 hours max...I'd suggest queue'ing during the weekends or in the mornings if possible. Playerbase is not big enough to support 24/7 queue.

Alternatively, players could get additional rewards by continuing to queue past 15 (maybe additional 100 coins every 15 matches), so we can solve the activity problem by simply encouraging the players that we do have to play more for more rewards.

That will probably never happen though, allowing players to play the game more is a taboo subject w/ china because of "longevity concerns".​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Anyone who thinks 15 battles a week is easy must be always below 1900 anyone above this is struggling. I guess that means we need to start throwing fights so it becomes easier I suppose but kinda counter productive to the whole ranking and whole fun aspect if you actually wanna farm coins. That's pretty disappointing
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks 15 battles a week is easy must be always below 1900 anyone above this is struggling. I guess that means we need to start throwing fights so it becomes easier I suppose but kinda counter productive to the whole ranking and whole fun aspect if you actually wanna farm coins. That's pretty disappointing

Why would this be surprising to you? The very top part of a ladder has always had difficulty getting matches regardless of the game, if they go by rating. The player pool gets exponentially smaller really fast.

There's really no viable way to fix that except to implement that same pop-up warning other games with similar matching systems have. That would at least remove the pain of waiting for queue.

The queue system in this game pretty much forces you to check on the client every 30 or so seconds. When I was playing Exiled realm or LoL I could do other stuff while waiting for queue so it didn't matter that I had to wait 10-15 minutes for every match.

I wonder if it would be possible for PWI to implement some sort of way for the client to alert players of the queue popping? That would go a long way to making the wait time less painful.

Post edited by dregenfox on
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    @dregenfox I never said I was surprise just it's very counter productive. If it's hard to get more points that's perfectly fine at the top tiers but the basic 10 for coins and 15 battles for weekly shouldn't be. It's so rediculous where some ppl daily can que a hour or two per day just to not get a fight until weekends. I played during EU friendly and American friendly if atleast 5 teams aren't in the due at the given point(with our economy) there's no point. At this point I doubt even the whole 12hr method china uses won't help because it will be bias to EU time and many ppl across 4 servers who are on NA time pretty much get done the same the western players on HL did. A clear disadvantage
    Post edited by blazerboy on
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    I agree, it's ridiculous the amount of time u can spend waiting for a battle...

Usually i sqd with my team, then start doing primals/hs quests, etc... at most, we get 3-4 battles in 1-2hrs... then quit it for the day. try again later on...
  • iw8ing4u
    iw8ing4u Posts: 37 Arc User
    from my xp with the 3v3 teams after 3 weeks xp is that its easy find matches between TW and xTW on sat and on sunday from afternoon time... if u look for 3v3 on midday on normal midweek day... well ofc its rare 2 find.
    plus... if in forums players will satrt talk on the teams time windows and ppl set themself 2 that times will b easy get the fight more
    just need 2 make some noise and let the ppl know when the windows
    anyway... sat and sunday afternon+ in euro time is best times 2 get matchs as my 3 weeks xp in it... normaly we get 10 battles in 1 hour in that times n p