Random Maint

valdisman
valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
What is the random maintenance, that couldn't wait till Weds when all the servers are offline, for?

I know its updating the pointless Arc but why does it effect games if you play via steam or bypass the Arc etc.
#kylehawkinsuck
Moonshine drinker
In a world of 10s, be an 11.

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,798 Community Moderator
    That's most likely going to be as they shut the ports or systems down like firewall. I guess it's not pwi related and urgent so can't wait.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Yes, they are doing some special maintenance for firewall upgrades. It should be completed in about an hour.

If you notice any serious issue, let me know and I'll send the info up the line.

Edit: hahaa NOW I see the sticky thread. :*
  • valdisman
    Only the West servers are down atm.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    still dont understand why it couldnt be done during normal maint i mean its called bad planning =O
  • phantomforce#4598
    They are a completely different team, and working on different systems than usual PWI maintenance.
  • valdisman
    Makes a lot of sense.

Any reason why West servers are down still and EU / East still up and running fine?
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • axelsbm
    axelsbm Posts: 2 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »
    Makes a lot of sense.

Any reason why West servers are down still and EU / East still up and running fine?

Because again the maintenance is not directly related to PWI. Since PWE is based on the west coast and I'm assuming PWI's west coast servers are housed in the same location, all of it goes down with this kind of maintenance.
  • heerohex#3018
    axelsbm wrote: »
    Makes a lot of sense.

Because again the maintenance is not directly related to PWI. Since PWE is based on the west coast and I'm assuming PWI's west coast servers are housed in the same location, all of it goes down with this kind of maintenance.

yes it will be down to location. also EU servers may not have the same issue.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Anyone pinging in from EU to West could have been unaffected, but the chances of a rollback would be higher. Just to be safe, the West servers were pulled down. I had a separate announcement go out on the PWI news as well as FB notifying players of this and also hopped into a few player run Discords. I'll be doing this again for next weeks maintenance as well!

Firewall upgrades aren't unfortunately something we can just wait on a Tuesday for, and the people who handle them would not be in at 11 PM at night to do them. Servers should come back up shortly!
  • valdisman
    Hope there isn't a roll back or RIP to the CoM I bought after completing the last 10 rooms in HFT

QQ
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • heerohex#3018
    edited April 2017
    Hope there isn't a roll back or RIP to the CoM I bought after completing the last 10 rooms in HFT

QQ

HAHAHAHA that would be funny I would have to rejoin the faction I just joined again... Not so much for you tho...
  • soulstormer
    soulstormer Posts: 61 Arc User
    does this have anything to do with some of my posts being deleted after editing it? xD
  • phantomforce#4598
    edited April 2017
    does this have anything to do with some of my posts being deleted after editing it? xD

I wouldn't think so, but I can check the spam filter to see if it caught them.

Update: Yeppers. probably all the web links. I freed the most recent.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited April 2017

p.s. gonna introduce your self.

I had to remind Kalyst about 3 times as well so first prompt XD.
  • valdisman
    heero200 wrote: »

QQ

HAHAHAHA that would be funny I would have to rejoin the faction I just joined again... Not so much for you tho...

Ikr.. Of all the people for it happen to as well.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Update : I think we didn't feed our hamsters enough food, so it's a Regigigas sort of day for the servers.

Our engineers are looking into it!
  • valdisman
    Update : I think we didn't feed our hamsters enough food, so it's a Regigigas sort of day for the servers.

Our engineers are looking into it!

Has it been masterballed and controlled yet? Or still not enough badges??
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • valdisman
    It's only Etherblade offline still atm
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • phantomforce#4598
    heero200 wrote: »

p.s. gonna introduce your self.

I had to remind Kalyst about 3 times as well so first prompt XD.

Oh, I should start a thread and do just that! I will give it a go in a few minutes when I'm on lunch break. (It may not be much though, I don't really do public speaking. (shy))
  • torquoisegamer2
    torquoisegamer2 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Why is Etherblade still down? :/
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    because when they say 1 hour maint it actually means 3 hrs we should all know tht by now
  • valdisman
    They're trying to tame a lvl 100 Regigigas with only 2 gym badges
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • torquoisegamer2
    torquoisegamer2 Posts: 17 Arc User
    WOOT! IT'S UP!
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Yep both servers are back up and NPC's spawned.

I'm currently on Etherblade running checks, so don't mind me if I'm not talkative there! I'm not purposely ignoring you or anything.

And hahah Heero!