NEW Archer skills in the new expansion

kokoot
kokoot Posts: 55 Arc User
In the new expansion we can choose 6 skills to upgrade from 10.

Which one will you choose for PK ? Which skills are "must have" ?

please post your 6 skills and the comment why you have chossen them:

here is the list:

Lightning Strike:
Chi increased from 10 to 15, 8s cooldown
Does not say will never miss

Rune 1: Adds [20% 30% 40% 50%] additional weapon damage
Rune 2: The farther the distance the greater the damage:
At max distance adds [50% 75% 100% 125%] weapon damage
Rune 3: Channeling time reduced from 1s to [0.8 0.7 0.6 0.5]s
Rune 4: Chi gain increased from 15 to [20 25 30 35]
Rune 5: Skill becomes chargeable, base weapon damage bonus lowered to 100%
Charge up to 1.5s for additional [60% 90% 120% 150%] weapon damage
Full charge deals 20% bonus damage

Thunder Shock:
20s of 80% metal resistance reduction with 10% chance of 3s freeze+seal

Rune 3: Channeling time reduced from 1.5s to [1.3 1.2 1.1 1.0]s
Rune 4: Freeze+seal duration lowered from 3s to 1s but chance increased from 10% to [58% 72% 86% 100%]
Rune 5: Skill becomes chargeable, base weapon damage bonus lowered from 100% to 0%
Charge up to 2.0s for additional [80% 120% 160% 200%] weapon damage

Thunderous Blast:
Channel time 2.0s dealing base + 7717 as metal damage in 8m aoe

Rune 1: Adds [80% 120% 160% 200%] additional weapon damage
At max distance adds [140% 210% 280% 350%] weapon damage
Rune 3: Channeling time reduced from 2.0s to [1.6 1.4 1.2 1.0]s and adds [40% 60% 80% 100%] weapon damage
Rune 4: Aoe radius increased from 8m to [9 10 11 12]m
Rune 5: Skill becomes chargeable,
Charge up to 2.5s for additional [100% 150% 200% 250%] weapon damage

Quickshot:
Gain 15chi, increases crit rate by 20% for 10s and
50% chance to increase attack speed by 30% for 6s

Rune 1: Adds [40% 60% 80% 100%] additional weapon damage
At max distance adds [70% 105% 140% 175%] weapon damage
Rune 3: Channeling time reduced from 1.0s to [0.8 0.7 0.6 0.5]s and adds [20% 30% 40% 50%] weapon damage
Rune 4: Attack speed bonus chance increased to [70% 80% 90% 100%]
Rune 5: Skill becomes chargeable,
Charge up to 1.5s for additional [60% 90% 120% 150%] weapon damage

Aim Low:
Deals base + 9631, 100% chance to freeze for 7s and seals for 1 second

Rune 1: Adds [80% 120% 160% 200%] additional weapon damage
At max distance adds [140% 210% 280% 350%] weapon damage
Rune 3: Channeling time reduced from 1.0s to [0.8 0.7 0.6 0.5]s and adds [40% 60% 80% 100%] weapon damage
Rune 4: 5 second freeze but seal time increased to [2.0 2.5 3.0 3.5] s
Rune 5: 5 second freeze but skill becomes chargeable
Charge up to 1.5s for increasing seal duration to [1.5s 2.5s 3.25s 4.75s]

Stunning Arrow:
4s stun + 10s of 10% crit rate bonus

Rune 3: Channeling time reduced from 1s to [0.8 0.7 0.6 0.5]s
Rune 4: Stun duration increased from 4s to [4.5 5.0 5.5 6.0] s
Rune 5: Skill becomes chargeable
Charge up to 1.5s to increase stun duration from 4s to [5.0 5.8 6.6 7.4]s

Wings of Grace:
Channel 1s, Cast 2.5s, 15s anti stun + 30% damage reduciton + 30% speed increase

Rune 1: Damage reduction increased to [35% 40% 45% 50%]
Rune 2: Channeling time reduced from 1s to [0.7 0.5 0.3 0.1]s
Rune 3: Movement speed bonus increased from 30% to [55% 70% 85% 100%]s
Rune 4: Chi cost lowered from 1spark to 50chi, duration changed from 15s to [9 11 13 15]s
Rune 5: Replaces buffs with skill damage increase of [20% 30% 40% 50%] for the duration

Blood Vow:
Rune 1: Adds [40% 60% 80% 100%] additional weapon damage
Rune 2: Metal DoT damage increased from 150% base damage to [170% 180% 190% 200%]
Rune 3: Channeling time reduced from 1.5s to [1.3 1.2 1.1 1.0]s
Rune 4: Maximum HP reduction increased from 18% to [24% 26% 28% 30%]
Rune 5: Charge up to 2.0s to increase HP reduction from 18% to [20% 24% 28% 32%] and damage taken from 25% to [20% 24% 28% 32%]

Leap Left:
35s cooldown, 20m leap left, 3s antistun

Rune 1: Adds 5s of increased movement speed of [40% 60% 80% 100%]
Rune 2: Increases leap distance from 20m to [24 26 28 30]m
Rune 3: Cooldown reduced by [2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0]s
Rune 4: 2 minute cooldown, Adds a [40% 60% 80% 100%] chance to trigger stealth
Rune 5: Reduces damage taken from within 8m by 99% for [2 3 4 5]s

Leap Right:
35s cooldown, 20m leap right, 3s antistun

Rune 1: Adds 5s of increased movement speed of [40% 60% 80% 100%]
Rune 2: Increases leap distance from 20m to [24 26 28 30]m
Rune 3: Cooldown reduced by [2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0]s
Rune 4: 2 minute cooldown, Adds a [40% 60% 80% 100%] chance to trigger stealth
Rune 5: Reduces damage taken from within 8m by 99% for [2 3 4 5]s

Comments

• kokoot
    kokoot Posts: 55 Arc User
    mine 6 are: Lightning Strike,Thunder Shock,Leap Left,Leap Right, Stunning Arrow and Quickshot.
    but i want also Wings of Grace: but i dont know which skill to sacrifice :(
  • axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User
    I'm curious about some of the "charge" runes... for example, the Stunning Arrow one says you charge up to 1.5s, but Stunning Arrow already has a channel time of 1.5s. This seems to imply that the full-charge cast would take the same amount of time as the current one? If so, I'm not sure why one would, for example, choose the "increased stun duration" rune (4) when the charge rune (5) gives a larger increase at full plus the flexibility of releasing earlier if needed.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    It's pretty easy for me:

Ofc the 3 metal skills, all of them with the charge option. Then Stunning Arrow and Aim Low, also with the charge option. Depending on the situation, I would either use WoG (more damage reduction) or Blood Vow (charge version).

That would be the offensive built. As you can have and switch between multiple builts I would ofc use another one for pure defense with WoG (damage reduce, both leaps (1 with damage reduce, the other with speed increase), stun (charge), aim low (charge) and Lightning Strike for extra chi gain.

I don't like Quickshot because it seems to be a waste to enhance it..cause its not that useful imho. I mainly focus on the CC/Debuff/DD skills..being able to charge them aka firing them off with near insta cast for a bit reduced damage like Take Aim works atm is just uber-epic and a no-brainer if you ask me. The massive disadvantage of archers still is that the skills are ultra-slow...well not anymore :D OP stuff.

PS: The damage increase from WoG's rune is most likely equal to supercell, dusk buff, myst buff, sin ulti and will work in PvE only. So its kinda useless unless you use it in a pve built.
  • zonden
    zonden Posts: 16 Arc User
    Blood Vow 5,
    WoG 4,
    QS 4,
    SA 4 or 5 depending on charge mechanic.
    Leaps are situational, would take 1, 2, 3 or none, depending.
    If I don't take leaps, Aim Low 3 and Thunder Shock 3
  • jsxshadow
    zonden wrote: »
    Blood Vow 5,
    WoG 4,
    QS 4,
    SA 4 or 5 depending on charge mechanic.
    Leaps are situational, would take 1, 2, 3 or none, depending.
    If I don't take leaps, Aim Low 3 and Thunder Shock 3

Why would you prefer a slight channel increase over the charging abilities that are practically instant? any chargable skill in this game works the same and I highly doubt that they introduce a new mechanic. So, as those skills are nearly 100% working just as Take Aim..there is no logical reason to use any other rune. Weapon damage...doesnt matter at all. The difference is totally niglicable especially when we are talking about 200% max. The charge runes dont reduce the damage by alot, they even increase it and/or give a massive boost in Debuffs/CC if fully cast and ofc a nice 20% overall damage boost. You mostly dont even need to have max level runes for it to be very effective/better than the original skill. Just saying.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    I see I`m not the only one thinking of skipping leaps completely, My favorite leap glyph would be shorter CD but less than 10% off CD doesnt really seem to justify glyphing them for me.

I feel archers got 3 mandatory skills to rune (QS, SA & WoG). 2 very useful ones (Chi for LS and shorten channel/Charge on TB). And 1 that doesnt really matter much. I will prolly get TS as there really is nothing useful for glyph 2 left and thats prolly the best I can get with it. I tried to balance my glyphs so I would have 1 of each and only 1 duplicate glyph. This should make it easier for me to level my glyphs.

One thing to keep in mind, we really wont get more than tier 2 glyph effect for a good while and tier 3 is gonna require ungodly amounts of farming/CSing to get and planning your glyphs around that high is likely going to be a mistake.

But my list currently is the following:
    LS: 4
    TB: 3
    SA: 5
    QS: 4
    WoG: 1
    TS: 2

I am pretty satisfied with my setup but I`d be surprised if it didnt change at all when I get to play with the glyphs for real.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • jsxshadow
    saxroll wrote: »
    I see I`m not the only one thinking of skipping leaps completely, My favorite leap glyph would be shorter CD but less than 10% off CD doesnt really seem to justify glyphing them for me.

I feel archers got 3 mandatory skills to rune (QS, SA & WoG). 2 very useful ones (Chi for LS and shorten channel/Charge on TB). And 1 that doesnt really matter much. I will prolly get TS as there really is nothing useful for glyph 2 left and thats prolly the best I can get with it. I tried to balance my glyphs so I would have 1 of each and only 1 duplicate glyph. This should make it easier for me to level my glyphs.

One thing to keep in mind, we really wont get more than tier 2 glyph effect for a good while and tier 3 is gonna require ungodly amounts of farming/CSing to get and planning your glyphs around that high is likely going to be a mistake.

I am pretty satisfied with my setup but I`d be surprised if it didnt change at all when I get to play with the glyphs for real.

So, Tier 5 Glyphs are going to be harder to get compared to the others...damn I thought they would be randomly available.

I don't see why anyone would use anything besides the charge option for all these skills (like i've said in my post) because having nearly perma Zooming Thunder Powder speed would be absolutely broken especially on SA and AL since you can increase the CC if you let it charge completely even.

If those Tier 5 runes are really that hard to get then that would massively suck imho. Was looking forward to them alot QQ.
  • keihan007#7641
    jsxshadow wrote: »

So, Tier 5 Glyphs are going to be harder to get compared to the others...damn I thought they would be randomly available.

I don't see why anyone would use anything besides the charge option for all these skills (like i've said in my post) because having nearly perma Zooming Thunder Powder speed would be absolutely broken especially on SA and AL since you can increase the CC if you let it charge completely even.

If those Tier 5 runes are really that hard to get then that would massively suck imho. Was looking forward to them alot QQ.

Oh, I think I spoke unclearly. What I meant is if and when each glyph has same odds of dropping, you have easier time leveling your glyphs when they are spread around. If you use only tier 5 glyphs for example, you need bout 5x the number of glyphs of same type to get all the skills leveled. You can obviously trade glyphs with other players but thats gonna be an effort to some extent. So if you are spread around on glyphs, you are less reliant on other players to get your glyphs you want.

• jsxshadow

Oh, I think I spoke unclearly. What I meant is if and when each glyph has same odds of dropping, you have easier time leveling your glyphs when they are spread around. If you use only tier 5 glyphs for example, you need bout 5x the number of glyphs of same type to get all the skills leveled. You can obviously trade glyphs with other players but thats gonna be an effort to some extent. So if you are spread around on glyphs, you are less reliant on other players to get your glyphs you want.

Oh well, yeah I guess...this expansion is going to burn alot of money for skill upgrades alot..I so pray to the heavens that the new instance is farmable..being able to maybe do 2-3 runs every day to get the glyphs to lvl6-7 maybe xD that would be enough for me...for every char...I have 7..oh GAWD D:
  • keihan007#7641

Oh well, yeah I guess...this expansion is going to burn alot of money for skill upgrades alot..I so pray to the heavens that the new instance is farmable..being able to maybe do 2-3 runs every day to get the glyphs to lvl6-7 maybe xD that would be enough for me...for every char...I have 7..oh GAWD D:

We did some math bout this subject recently with some faction members. Assuming the 60m per lvl 4 glyph, which I think somebody claimed CN prices are, lvl 5 glyph would cost 240m. The level 5 is relevant as thats where you get tier 2 effect. Lvl 6 would be 960m and lvl 7 5040m. Then multiply that by 6 to get your total glyph costs. These prices would suggest the instance isnt farmable, which would really suck as its definitely not alt friendly. But its the same thing for everybody I guess.

Considering the amount of glyphs needed for high lvl glyphs and how limited supply the new instance will be, I dont really see a justification for limiting it beyond earning time. But this is PWI and it rarely makes sense to me with new features.

• bhaven
    bhaven Posts: 45 Arc User

I feel archers got 3 mandatory skills to rune (QS, SA & WoG).

I would not glyph WOG unless I had a very high level glyph, Simple reason is the immune time reduction.

Same with sage stunning arrow and the 1 second time reduction, therefore I only really see the charge glyph as viable.

The leaps however seem far more useful, increased distance/movement speed/damage taken reduction from range/cooldown reduction (i fail to see how this is insignificant or how you calculated that any of the integers between 1 and 5 is equal to 10% of 35 seconds unless you're averaging it over all tiers of glyph whilst also disregarding the difficulty of obtaining higher level ones...I mean people say that wizards need -%chan because their cast times are so long and it's therefore more significant for them. 35 seconds is longer than any channeling in the game. Especially when you have 2 of them. 6-14% is actually quite a lot.)

I'll have the 3 metal skills, QS and leaps.
    I will probably swap the leaps out for stunning arrow or aim low depending on the situation or my glyph level.
  • keihan007#7641
    bhaven wrote: »

I feel archers got 3 mandatory skills to rune (QS, SA & WoG).

I would not glyph WOG unless I had a very high level glyph, Simple reason is the immune time reduction.

Same with sage stunning arrow and the 1 second time reduction, therefore I only really see the charge glyph as viable.

The leaps however seem far more useful, increased distance/movement speed/damage taken reduction from range/cooldown reduction (i fail to see how this is insignificant or how you calculated that any of the integers between 1 and 5 is equal to 10% of 35 seconds unless you're averaging it over all tiers of glyph whilst also disregarding the difficulty of obtaining higher level ones...I mean people say that wizards need -%chan because their cast times are so long and it's therefore more significant for them. 35 seconds is longer than any channeling in the game. Especially when you have 2 of them. 6-14% is actually quite a lot.)

I'll have the 3 metal skills, QS and leaps.
    I will probably swap the leaps out for stunning arrow or aim low depending on the situation or my glyph level.

That post was before we had the expansion and I had no idea WoG would reduce immunity time, I kinda learned it w/o noticing it too iirc. Either way, I got the golden glyph on mine and it might be just a feeling but I really like it. It allows me to have the mindset of playing more aggressively while its up. Tier 1 effect isnt much, tier 2 might allow me to see some change and thats kinda where its likely gonna stop as level 8 glyphs seem impossible to get.

I estimated it roughly to 10% as tier 2 effects is what everybody will be running with. 3s off 35s is less than 10% off CD.

I would go charge rune on SA even on sage, the flexibility is just ridiculous. The ability to instant shoot 4s stun is pretty major, tier 2 effect gets the stun closer to 6s, which is kinda ridiculous for ranged stun with relatively short CD.

• jsxshadow
    @saxroll I tested it with my archer (in PvE and PvP) and for me..if I instantly shoot SA it will only last for max 2 seconds. Every, single time I use it. Fully charged it is 5 seconds tho.

I can't explain why that is but for now I will stick with the 4.5 second glyph. I'm wondering what could be different. Since my archer has relatively low Soulforce I might think it is related to that..because thats the only real difference I can think of. Or you guys are just Demon and there are differences between Demon and Sage after all (wouldn't be the first time. Just thinking back to Elven Boon for clerics...).
  • keihan007#7641
    Or you guys are just Demon and there are differences between Demon and Sage after all (wouldn't be the first time. Just thinking back to Elven Boon for clerics...).

We are demon and so are all the archers I could think of asking to test this.

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Alright instant cast archer is ridiculous. Feels totally different than normal. I dont even know how to dd anymore after spamming so many skills. I rarely used Blast before because of the 2.5s channel but now it's instant, it's going to take a while to get used to this style. Also the new animation on quickshot is decent. Glad we got something.

I do agree instant cast stun seems a bit short. It's either 2 or 3 seconds instead of 4 seconds. Full charged seems like it might be 5s at least. I think it's still worth it, especially at higher glyph levels.
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    asterelle wrote: »
    Alright instant cast archer is ridiculous. Feels totally different than normal. I dont even know how to dd anymore after spamming so many skills. I rarely used Blast before because of the 2.5s channel but now it's instant, it's going to take a while to get used to this style. Also the new animation on quickshot is decent. Glad we got something.

I do agree instant cast stun seems a bit short. It's either 2 or 3 seconds instead of 4 seconds. Full charged seems like it might be 5s at least. I think it's still worth it, especially at higher glyph levels.
    ​​

Yeah, I agree. Especially on higher level glyphs SA is really worth it going the argent route especially since it still doesnt need long to fully cast. Got lucky and got a free lvl5 argent from the quest chain so am at 5.8 seconds and it seems to be legit.

The insta cast is just insane..I tested LS before and after the upgrade and it even deals more damage then the regular Sage version before..its just insane xD (even tho it could've been within the damage range upper limit. One way or another it is not weaker than before if insta casted.) I also love that the damage is quite a bit increased if you fully cast it and you can have as much as level 1 Glyph in there and the skills are still awesome. Also had to re-arrange hotkeys..definitly need keyboard strokes to conveniently interrupt such skills..else auto-attacks might sneak in depending on ping.

I am very satisfied with the archer update.

My current setup is:

Argent on LS, TS, TB and SA, Ethereal on Aim Low (that chan decrease if way more awesome then one might think, especially if you gotta get it off asap. Interrupt is real :D) and ofc 1 leap with argent as well.

Might switch to 2x argent on leaps for mass pvp but for 1v1 I like my faster Aim low more than 2x Argent Leap.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Well I had a chance to use it in pvp and insta cast style is indeed pretty broken. You end up with insane amounts of chi and very high dps. Having to actually channel any skill feels so slow now heh. I don't think anyone can complain about archer dps now, we only lack quality control skills.

The insta style is still tripping me up a bit though. It's stupid how the charge mechanics in the game are totally backwards. In any other game to charge an attack you hold down a button and to cast it instantly you do a light tap. This game makes you hold down the button for instant cast and tap the button for a full charge. Why?

Putting all the charge skills in a single macro and assigning that macro to a hotkey you hold down almost works for constant spam. You can hold down that hotkey and it will instant cast skills for a while but eventually an earlier skill will come off cooldown in the instant between when you begin channeling and begin casting a later skill. Then the macro is focused on casting the early skill and queues it up after a full charge of the current skill so you get stuck in a channel. Kinda annoying but you do get like 80% of the skills as insta cast at least.
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    I am just glad that the predictions for those skills have been correct. Now behold the power of max gear, devil stone, GOF Archer..dat gotta hurt :D

Yeah, I tried the macros too...it's not very reliable. It will take some time to get used to the reorganized setup...but it's worth it imho. The most broken thing is that TS Metal debuff still gets applied at full force xD that gives you the chance to even snipe some lower geared sins pretty fast if it gets through tidal :D