Server Stone

Options
2»

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    For one, no I am not saying it can't be done. All I'm saying it is not time and cost effective along with odds of something going wrong. Would you like to wait a year for your account to be moved in a que. Where possibly you can't use ur account after if anything goes wrong...

YES I agree with the da argument but the same is true of us players to eu servers. So it's an issue all around that could be solved by this. HOWEVER IT HAPPENED.

No I don't work or have ever worked for pwi and it is my opinion which I share and was asked for. I have however had access to the server software in the past so understand a lot from that point.

I would like to move server as well but the odds are just slim. And like it or not odds are not good.

But may be and that's a big MAY BE... It will happen in my opinion it is a matter of time...!

Also for people asking for official word they have told us over and over this will not happen at this time.

Thanks.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    ^ this or just switch me to TI k thanks bai
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    For one, no I am not saying it can't be done. All I'm saying it is not time and cost effective along with odds of something going wrong. Would you like to wait a year for your account to be moved in a que. Where possibly you can't use ur account after if anything goes wrong...

YES I agree with the da argument but the same is true of us players to eu servers. So it's an issue all around that could be solved by this. HOWEVER IT HAPPENED.

No I don't work or have ever worked for pwi and it is my opinion which I share and was asked for. I have however had access to the server software in the past so understand a lot from that point.

I would like to move server as well but the odds are just slim. And like it or not odds are not good.

But may be and that's a big MAY BE... It will happen in my opinion it is a matter of time...!

Also for people asking for official word they have told us over and over this will not happen at this time.

Thanks.

For EU to US players its entirely different. EU players made a conscious choice to play on US servers. They made that character and understood beforehand that it would be difficult to attend certain events and that the lag would be high. If they did not accept this they simply would have chosen not to play PWI.

It is the same as if pwi decided that morai server should be merged into TT servers in California with no prior consultation. Would that be remotely fair to the players who made a character on Morai?

• forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Options
    Yeah but if a server transfer becomes possible in the future, they might as well make it available to everyone, not only those affected by the merge. Of course, they should have priority and maybe get it done for free. But I don't see why they wouldn't make it an official thing that anyone can benefit from if such a transfer would be possible (without much effort)​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    Options
    They should just do a final server merge. All servers into Tideswell. All on eastern standard time. US players on Morai get to go back to a US time. I hope 4 hour difference don't **** over EU morai players too bad, then again it wouldn't matter to the powers that are anyways.
    This will get rid of XNW cause everyone will be together anyways. We can still easily do xTW. No more mention of server transfers, could possibly cut back the black market for account trading and besides the four current servers are dead/ dieing. Its going that direction anyways so....
  • dregenfox
    Options
    Yeah but if a server transfer becomes possible in the future, they might as well make it available to everyone, not only those affected by the merge. Of course, they should have priority and maybe get it done for free. But I don't see why they wouldn't make it an official thing that anyone can benefit from if such a transfer would be possible (without much effort)​​

The point is that the transfers are claimed to be "very difficult", which means it should only be opened up to a specific subset of players who were given no choice in being forcefully transferred to the EU servers.

I understand EU players have problems as well but they made a conscious choice to start on US servers rather than wait for EU servers, and they should have to live with that choice. HL players were never given that choice.

• forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Options
    I hope 4 hour difference don't **** over EU morai players too bad, then again it wouldn't matter to the powers that are anyways.

Actually it does **** EU players pretty badly, most events (including NW and TW) are either in the middle of the night or super early in the morning. Personally i'm not a fan of waking up at 6 am to play a game, and I'm sure others aren't either. Forcing another merge between EU and US servers isn't going to solve anything, it's just gonna start a bigger fire and more complaints
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Options
    They should just do a final server merge. All servers into Tideswell. All on eastern standard time. US players on Morai get to go back to a US time. I hope 4 hour difference don't **** over EU morai players too bad, then again it wouldn't matter to the powers that are anyways.
    This will get rid of XNW cause everyone will be together anyways. We can still easily do xTW. No more mention of server transfers, could possibly cut back the black market for account trading and besides the four current servers are dead/ dieing. Its going that direction anyways so....

:D So by your logic they should merge all servers including the most populated one (Da) into one of the less populated ones?
    No offense but that sounds a bit naive. They do things based most in what is convenient for them (the company) and not us (the players )
    I do agree that is most likely that new merges will come, in fact I would not be surprised if at the end they left one American large server. But I highly doubt they put the Euro server into an US based one, that would be an economic suicide for this game.

Lets be really honest here, a lot of the rich players are on the Euro server, a lot of those are from Europe. What do you think is gonna happen if they enrage they Euro cashers ? :D
    Also, clearly the less populated servers are the USA ones, and I am saying that as someone who plays on USA servers, but have alts on Da and know people from there.

Still as others stated before, I see more posible, another merge of USA servers than some transfer stone. Why?
    Easy answer: They do things in a way in which they can make a good profit with really low effort. That is the main reason why they try to put this version closer to China's one. And same reason why they sometimes don't even fix bugs that a really nab Programmer would correct in 10 minutes..

Also while is true that merges may help to boost activity a bit, people should not wish for them too much, after all the more merges we have, the closer this game comes to be shot down... :D

Short answer for all the ones that want a custom server transfer on this game:

Is posible?: Yes
    Is worth the effort for them to do it?: No, in fact it is a pain in the a.. :D:D:D
  • xuanlong#6595
    xuanlong#6595 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    We want server transfer stone!!!
  • dregenfox
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I hope 4 hour difference don't **** over EU morai players too bad, then again it wouldn't matter to the powers that are anyways.

Actually it does **** EU players pretty badly, most events (including NW and TW) are either in the middle of the night or super early in the morning. Personally i'm not a fan of waking up at 6 am to play a game, and I'm sure others aren't either. Forcing another merge between EU and US servers isn't going to solve anything, it's just gonna start a bigger fire and more complaints
    ​​

I would love an option to wake up early to attend events. As is to even attend thursday tourney I need to take a 30m break from work just to barely fit it in, and it's not viable for anything else.

This is true for most HL players too. Some HL players are unable to attend a single event, cannot even do RW or thursday tourneys, unless they risk getting fired from their jobs.

EU players on HL at least had the option to stay up late or wake up early to attend events - I am betting this was the reason they were willing to create an account on PWI HL server. In fact many of the EU players I knew did exactly that, and were present for most of the events.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    ^ agreed
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • sasquatch87
    sasquatch87 Posts: 51 Arc User
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Being able to move servers is the worst idea ever. People on PWI are more lazy and less competitive than ppl in any game Ive ever seen/played and Ive played a ton of games. Although people will tell you they want good PK, good TWs, good whatever, as soon as server transfer becomes available everyone will end up in the same faction on the exact same server, cuz thats how PWI works. You pay money for gear, you dont work for it, and you'd pay money to transfer servers to be on the winning side, you wont work for it (if you had that option). Thats their business model, and we're the community attracted to it.

Being a Vindi this actually made me laugh, personally if I had a choice I'd go to Tideswell server, when I started the only two server were LC and Sanctuary, spending the $$$ for a server stone would be worth it.
  • arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User
    Options
This discussion has been closed.