What to expect from pwi side?!like usual xD
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @sin20 Really? The Tournament has a cap of 320 players. I actually crashed out trying to go near the player, so I did not see if registration completed.

@parrot2010 Were you able to enter? If so, how did the tournament work out?

I tested this thing 4 times before it went live, all the way up to a few days before maintenance. If its a server side setting/issue, then we should be able to fix it relatively easily. I'm poking around to see what's going on right now on DG
  • basebuff
    basebuff Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Nice, after NW the second PvP based event where you can earn rewards. Really good idea in a pay to win game...
    And of course it is at a time where everybody from any timezone can attend.
    Why not negate imbalance between players like arenas in other games? Never mind i already know the answer :blush:
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    @sin20 Really? The Tournament has a cap of 320 players. I actually crashed out trying to go near the player, so I did not see if registration completed.

Now why in gods name, would you only create 1 single npc for the whole server? A npc should be in every mayor city.
    NW has npcs in each city, and even then its laggy with crashes.
    xtw is a issue to, but at least entering time is spread to 30min before.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    Very early reports - one person did manage to get in but got stuck in a teleport loop. Extremely odd! Never seen this behavior anywhere in testing. I'll keep poking around and see if I can gather more data.
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    Options

@parrot2010 Were you able to enter? If so, how did the tournament work out?

I tested this thing 4 times before it went live, all the way up to a few days before maintenance. If its a server side setting/issue, then we should be able to fix it relatively easily. I'm poking around to see what's going on right now on DG
    Sorry, it was a sarcasm :(

• sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Options
    Well we just took the quest and it says : wait for this server.
    We will see if it works for the rest of the servers but yea would be nice if more npcs spawned like in 1k and etc.
    If it works for you guys then it means its only broken for us still if not then well lets hope they find the problem and fix it cause i saw a lot of ppl at npc waiting for some fun :)
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Options
    So the event is effectively still broken. If it didn't work on DA Id assume it doesn't work on any servers.

Glad i'm not a cash shop PvP toon, too much money and gear needed to get an upgraded base helm :D:D
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Does this tournament involve anything like digging chests to decide which players go to which room?

There was a faction on Sanctuary (now on Twilight Temple) that is known to cheat during the PvP tournament, and have one of their members look up in the code (or whatever mumbo jumbo, please dont explain, I dont care) which chests will take you to which room. They would use this to get their whole squad in the same room together. They obviously were never punished for this cheating (or any of the other cheating they've done) so I hope shenanigans like that wont be possible in this tournament.

Players from Sanctuary (now Twilight Temple) have a hard time enjoying this kind of content due to cheaters so I hope PW has found a way to prevent it if they arent gonna punish anyone.

Yes, and PWE should also investigate all these players in the Sanctuary (now Twilight Temple) faction guilty of using these cheats and also of abusing the ToS on transposition glitches and GM abuse. Players from Sanctuary (now Twilight Temple) have a hard time enjoying the game due to these cheaters so I hope PWE will fix these issues to prevent it in the future if they are going to continue to be selective in their punishments.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    I'll be hopping onto Tideswell when it fires off and then my own server on live when I leave the office. That'd be...extremely irksome if it broke going live, it since it works fine on test. Aside from the one odd report, it seems that everyone was just having the same issue.

If you still have the quest, go ahead and trash it.

Regarding chest digging - the mechanics for this tournament can not be exploited in the same way. In regards to the other tournament referenced, send in tickets to support if it's still occurring. Since it's not my domain, I don't really handle those kinds of issues.
  • masterx23
    masterx23 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    Did not work on tideswell, NPC showed up, took quest, and nothing,.​​
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options
    It didnt work on Etherblade either.

NPC showed up, but nothing happened after we signed up.
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options
    motoor wrote: »
    What to expect from pwi side?!like usual xD

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Im not even sure why ppl get surprised at all... It's always the same story
  • belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    Options
    Unfortunately it seems to have only let us take the quest to enter but could not move on past that.
  • eirghan
    Options
    Same on tt
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    Options
    I have reason to believe we are playing on test servers xD
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Options
    Anyone else think the server simply couldn't handle all the people wanting to get in at the same time?

This used to happen when CoA was popular too - you'd sometimes get bugged and it would never teleport you into CoA. Nowadays it isn't much of a problem because a lot of people don't do CoA anymore.
  • milkins
    milkins Posts: 44 Arc User
    Options
    Bahahahahahahahaha
    IeIantos - GoldDigrz
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Thats the problem when u test an event with 3 people that will be populated by 300+ when it goes live. Ofc it can break. Nothing special here. Happens in the IT all the time. thats why u do stress testing xD
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    aradya6793 wrote: »
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Thats the problem when u test an event with 3 people that will be populated by 300+ when it goes live. Ofc it can break. Nothing special here. Happens in the IT all the time. thats why u do stress testing xD

are we in 1990 or in 2017 almost

it's ridicolous that a server in 2017 cannot hold more than 300 users!
    there are games with servers that hold tens of thousands it would be just ridicolous

this sort of fiascos make people lose interest in the game tho...
    i've seen quite a few bunch of players quit when they realized xTw was not that competitive cause of matchmaking, then quite a few quit when they removed xNw, then quite a few quit @ new patch cause it was impossible to keep up with bloods and dailies without TNF
    wonder what will happen when rest of playerbase realizes that future patches will be released and again will go rebalance a metagame that we do not have.

PvP metagame its already broken as it is without all what a year of TNF was providing: g17 weapons first, maxed charts, better card sets, better engraves, our last patch balanced that with new passives that we still struggle to obtain cause no bloods, imagine when rune skills get released and we will be missing a year or more of what TNF was providing....

if this event cannot be fixed we need an alternate way to at least get g17 weapon mats... permanently in boutique or something like that... we missed a year of g17 (relevant) materials supply... we need goddamn profaneds, zenith skulls, draconic essences, permanently available for purchase now, to just keep up with the lost year of TNF

just to make a short example: an average geared assassin DPHs and DPSs as a NP arcane, because the arcane g17 zerk proc its not available for them
    duskblade with new passives and inkblood, it's not taking damage lol.
    archers have 50% more base damage than sins and 30%ish more than dbs, (other 2 LA classes), and they deal like 1\10th of their damage cause of lack of g17 zerk proc​​

It is not the servers fault. It's the Software that is faulty and extremely inefficient.

Best example...Melder Folls Online's engine is incredible. 1k vs 1k players is No problem with max details on a decent PC. Maybe aside from all this balancing and beauty concerns we have, it would be really nice to get a more efficient engine. But I guess..it would be a shock playing PWI with 144 FPS compared to my 20-30 atm no matter where I am..xDDDD
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    Hum the game is pree 2000 design so I'm not surprised by the limits.

I'm at work now reading this in a state of almost crying with disbelief. Tho I really should not be surprised.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    just add the damn mats to the nw forge and forget about tourny ...lol
  • sirkura#6424
    sirkura#6424 Posts: 37 Arc User
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    just add the damn mats to the nw forge and forget about tourny ...lol

^ that might actually be a decent idea, as less and less people are doing NW now. might spark up some interest again in it, its rare for our servers to have over 130 players in each nation. I'm sure other servers see a similar decline. I'd also like more events like tourny tho. If it could be fixed (and not set on the shelf for another 8 years xD) it could be a lot of fun.
  • eirghan
    Options
    The quest said wait for the server. That doesn't sound like a server load issue at all. It sounds like they didnt fully update the quest to enter. I would guess testing went fine and china didnt implement it completely.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    Should test on the live servers but have the npc spawn in the GM lounge instance...

A test server and live server with hundreds of players and nodes to 1 server all on the same node... No comparison.

More likely the instance crashed as to many tried to enter or it was not started...
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    In fact, we did have multiple testers logging into multiple accounts to check how the pairings would break down, so this was fortunately not an issue of the tournament mechanics not working proper. Reply back from China was they didn't set the live server settings, even though they were aware we were going live with this feature and even though our test settings were correct. They will be setting the live settings properly after maintenance. I'll comb though and answer specific concerns as necessary in this thread when I'm able to read though them all.