Scheduled Server Maintenance [10/25/16 - 10pm PDT]

thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2016 in General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

We will be having our regularly scheduled maintenance an hour early this week. There will be a substantial patch involved. Patch Notes are HERE

Maintenance is expected to last approximately 6 hours so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

-The PWI Crew
Post edited by thenamesdomino on

Comments

• therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    rick rolled!
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • cbanananf
    cbanananf Posts: 34 Arc User
    :o
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    lol lol lol lol omg i watch to the very end waiting for some kinda info evill lol
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    Cool seems we got the skill updates too
  • pasarinh
    pasarinh Posts: 17 Arc User
    @surtr , Any chance that you give us a link to be downloading the update while waiting the maint ?
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    *Fixed a bug in which the Primal World version of Leap Right did not last for the correct duration.
    lVenfcp.jpg
    *The Curse and Bless effects of the Aquaflame Armor genie skill are occurring simultaneously, rather than in sequence.

That's not a bug, it's intended. The bless effect takes the existence of the curse into account so that with both of them together you get the advertised 20% bless. When the bless runs out you are left with the 20% curse.

EDIT: I actually I remember there is a bug in this skill in that the bless is too strong. They assumed the bless and curse add together but instead they multiply. You can read about the writeup here:
    http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/752103/afa-aquaflame-armor
    ​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    All clerics reroll to any other class.

Whoever 'balanced' the cleric skills must have never played a cleric.
  • patupapa
    patupapa Posts: 39 Arc User
    What happened with the nerf to Soul of Silence? I dont see any mention about it on Patch Notes
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    pasarinh wrote: »
    @surtr , Any chance that you give us a link to be downloading the update while waiting the maint ?

We havent done manual patches in a long time. Gotta get it through ARC or Steam. :/

• kasumei
    kasumei Posts: 10 Arc User
    Thought Feather Armageddon was going to knockback players, it says that it won't when it already doesn't.
  • moishi
    moishi Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    aensidhe wrote: »
    All clerics reroll to any other class.

Whoever 'balanced' the cleric skills must have never played a cleric.

Agreed. Then, people wonder why they can't find a cleric for their squads. Being an r9s3 cleric seems so pointless with every other class getting better improvements on their skills.
    Cleric
    *Guardian Light now increases speed by 50%, up from 30%.
    *Heaven's Wrath now increases bonus damage by 200%, up from 150%.

Yay, I can now run quicker with the flag in NW.. Oh wait, I'm dying since every other class got hit with steroids and killed me. RB got an upgrade? Too bad that benefits the other people in squad instead of the cleric.
  • nimao20
    nimao20 Posts: 32 Arc User
    Clerics are fine...
    Seeker_King 105-105-103 Dawnglory Server http://mypers.pw/8/#406429
    Youtube Channel
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    moishi wrote: »

Yay, I can now run quicker with the flag in NW.. Oh wait, I'm dying since every other class got hit with steroids and killed me. RB got an upgrade? Too bad that benefits the other people in squad instead of the cleric.

Well, cleric is support class in most MMOs. I don't have an issue with RB per se, but it is a skill so rarely used, compared to BB. Especially for R9r3 +12 clerics, who dish out more dps in UVD than RB.

The increase in GL speed is negligible. They would have done better removing the chi cost, improving the damage reduction and upping the heal and crowd control skills. Heck improving the speed to 200% for GL would be a significant boost - at 50% everyone still runs faster than you (not mentioning if you don't get cc'ed).

Clerics are now one of the least mobile classes, with breakable cc skills, double-edged debuffs, and slower heals (to mystics). And we are still left further behind with every skill 'balance'.
  • meel37175978
    meel37175978 Posts: 22 Arc User
    *Feather Armageddon now only knocks back non-player targets.

??? Feather Armageddon doesn't knock back players, only mobs, so is this a typo or what? The new upgrade for this skill was meant to knock back players, but we are not getting it?
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    It's mostly just that sins/dbs/sbs need nerfs and clerics need some minor skill changes (Guardian Light being the most obvious offender, but I'd also tweak Plume Shell at this point). We're not as bad off as archers were/are, but they keep buffing classes that do not need buffed whatsoever and it's killing us especially.​​
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    *Reduced the coin rewards for Level 60 to 89 quests.

Damnit China, quit bringing your bot problems over here. Even with no coin cost to upgrade skills this is going to **** new players.
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    ! Unexpected dark cloud bolt change ! Damn and here I was hoping for some new stances and some cc for my seeker but this is kinda neat they should change stalagstrike too to same effec as dcb though.
    Vae Victis.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Lmfao inb4 everyone says duskblade got buffed.... Let's see 100% speed on a skill we can't even atk in, and 30m for night howler anti-silence which benefits others more than db... We got nerfed not buffed xD, idk how the heck someone said "everyone got buffed but clerics" we lost 20% of almost all of our hits (most endgame dbs have 81%+ crit) we also do less damage because people get 10 def lvls another hit to our atk and to make matters worse saeber beads gets nerfed from 50% to 30%, very important skill nerfed because of the gosh darn passive... But then you give sins rediculous ulti a 50% damage spike, cursed jail one of their heavy hitters x2 more damage, quicker channeling deaden and what the hey throw in a better knight throw they can spam but can't even make my demon distant cloud cast better like sages or he'll improve the incredible low damage of settling ripple, for two sparks cost that damage is just GGWP ._. Love what they doing to everyone but db and clerics though.

The archer part I'm very pleased now less complaints when I hunt archers. Although I'm disappointed in the no nerf to soul of silence that's the only thing that made me excited for this
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • ronie55
    ronie55 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Anyone know the size of the update tonight ...if known by anyone pIs Iet us know ..ty :)
  • plzhlpingame
    plzhlpingame Posts: 17 Arc User
    *Furious Ocean's range has been increased from 8 meters to 10. (never used in pvp-due to low damage)
    *Psionic Infusion's duration has been increased from 30 seconds to 40. (increasing debuff but not buff)
    *Spirit Phalanx's channeling time has been reduced from 2.0 seconds to 1.0. (still costs 2 sparks and basicly useless unless badge of courage)
    *Shroud of Shadow now costs 2 Sparks instead of 3. (useless because its about a 7 sec untargetable for 2 sparks, sins have the same for 1 spark)
    Psionic Link (2 sparks) doesnt work half the time so its a gamble

AND you want to nerf Soul of Silence? psys are already nerfed, how about nerfing dbs who can attack you while you cant attack them, or maybe fix it so they cant PERMA cc you? or how about just playing the game and seeing what is what?
  • ninjakitchenrulr
    ninjakitchenrulr Posts: 70 Arc User
    It's a good thing they nerfed the coin rewards from those lowbie quests....
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    People complaining about clerics is just like people complaining about DBs. there is no reason to fix those 2 classes as they are already top of the food chain.

Again, if people cannot utilize the true potential of their class and its due to their lack of skill and not cause the class is weak. DBs are still to strong, yes. Sins are way too strong as well. Yes. But we knew that wouldnt change so quickly. Especially when people flood the devs with sich ridiculous complaints. no wonder they break some classes. People are too dumb to wreck people with their already OP classes (especially sins) and the devs give them a boost cause then people can have easy kills and stop complaining.

Fixing games like this for casual players is the dumbest thing you can ever do. But meh.

BTW: Only cause some things are not in the patch notes doesnt mean its not happening. Its the exact same update from CN. Psy buff fix was most likely missed to be announced and I guess Archer's feather armageddon is a misinterpretation. We can only be sure once the servers are up again tho.

I hope archer get the knockback...that will make archer ultra viable combined with the now awesome ulti. If you are good with an archer you should be able to kill any other class now in a 1on1 cept for maybe sins/dbs.
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User

AND you want to nerf Soul of Silence? psys are already nerfed, how about nerfing dbs who can attack you while you cant attack them, or maybe fix it so they cant PERMA cc you? or how about just playing the game and seeing what is what?

maybe if everyone didnt have a psy alt for buffs in every nw tw xtw and pk it wouldnt be as an issue, but with most things they address its about abuse/complain too much about it ratio.
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    moishi wrote: »

im a josd psy in white voodoo with the flag in NW...Oh wait, I'm dying since there is ONE cleric in the enemy team that completely prevents my charm from ticking.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    *Certain Primal World daily quests are no longer available past certain Boundary levels:
    **Stronghold Assault is only available from Arcane Sky I to Arcane Sky X.

Does this mean no convoy quest either anymore? There are not really a lot of people in this range of sky level...
  • chandlerbm
    chandlerbm Posts: 24 Arc User
    So you all saying you got nerfed or buffed while us bm's here still waiting for something good to come along, thank you pwi thank you
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @chandlerbm err..cant say if troll or not but wtf dude? did you even read the updates for bms? that stuff is frigging OP. BMs in general are incredibly strong.

Like I said. Hot damn. Why do always the worst players complain about the class they play when they are complete an utter tools of destruction in the hands of decent players. Just stop, Jesus.

@anyone: before complaing about your friggin class I suggest you learn how to play before you do that. We had enough dumb, imbalancing suggestions so far and I believe the CN community is even worse.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Confused why people feel dbs are broken in mass when even full deity or half deity aren't very difficult to stop midcombo especially if you properly AA TARGET them only ones who can complain are squishy AA classes but hey nobody told you def wasn't necessarily. Jsod/vit stone db haven't seen anything remarkable about their damage outside of quadrature if you know what debuff to avoid. Maybe in 1v1 or if your squad is negligible to allow their cleric to keep getting pounded by a db after cleric using pot and genie then I'd agree db are overpower but in mass pvp where you expect the cleric to have your back you need to do the same. ._. Not criticizing anyone's playstyle but dbs are managable if you focus them properly
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    chandlerbm wrote: »
    So you all saying you got nerfed or buffed while us bm's here still waiting for something good to come along, thank you pwi thank you

I mean, BMs are fine atm.

also, why do you have furry art as your icon.​​