Best Players - Etherblade

2»

Comments

• eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    pay wrote: »
    creysero wrote: »
    Nominate your best players by skills on the Etherblade server, Max 3 players :)

Archer:
    Assassin:
    Barbarian:
    Blademaster:
    Cleric:
    Psychic:
    Wizard:
    Seeker:
    Mystic:
    Venomancer:
    Duskblade:
    Stormbringer:

ARE WE STILL ASKING THIS........

This ^^^^
    Honestly I'm surprised to see people still doing these rankings...

What does not surprise me is to see people putting their godly geared OP people on there...
    People really should learn that Gear =/= skill.
    Don't get me wrong on this, there could be people with maxed gear that are really skilled, in fact I remember a certain nemesis cleric from the old Archo server (exey or something like that) who was good geared and really pro. But aside from her/him, I can't recall a single maxed person that could be considered good.

From my point of view being overgeared makes you a worse player as time passes. If you wonder why I say this, the reason is simple:
    Maxed gear usually means:

- less struggle to survive.
    - less struggle to kill.
    - less people against to measure your skill since there is few godly people.
    - less or sometimes even no consequence from your mistakes.

If the person is not even thinking how to kill their opponent or how to scape from dead since well... they no need to... that is no different than playing GTA or any offline game with god mode enabled.

Also the OP stated on this thread and I quote:
    creysero wrote: »
    Nominate your best players by skills on the Etherblade server, Max 3 players :)

again: Gear =/= Skill

Just to put it simple:
    If you want to know who are the best players on your server there is an easy way to know.

To all the people who goes to NW, specially those really maxed, OP and well coordinated squads that usually own on NW/TW/PK. Ask yourself this:

What are the most annoying player(s) that you find during NW? (not OP, just annoying)

After finding said player(s): how many people from your squad/ faction you need to stop said player from pestering you and your squad?

If you are on one of those OP squads / faction. What is the general feeling in your squad towards that annoying individual?

You people don't even need to name those players if you feel ashamed from having problems on killing people lower geared than you..
    But you can still ask it to yourself :D

Before you ask why I say NW and not open pk or tw. Again the reason is simple: there you will find a lot of random people from different factions with different gears, some of them that do not pk or tw but that are still really annoying. And Annoying = Good

Also you have to accomplish something there to win.

To summarize this text wall:

From my point of view a good player is not measured by how tanky he is or how many people he can one shot.

You can measure a player skill (at least on mass pvp) by how annoying said person is. If you are on squad and you are wasting resources (aka: squad members) on a single player with same or similar gear than your squad people, that person is clearly good.
    Even worse: if said person is lower geared than you / your average squad. said players is pro, even if you are able to kill him/her...

I have seen many situations in wich a single average geared player bring havoc to some of the OP squads, and you see a ten people squad maxed geared using 1/2 their people to overkill a single plus 10 or even plus 7 refined person sometimes.
    And no, as many may try to make it look, it is not only the stronger faction on server, it is actually all the OP TW factions with maxed (or close to max) geared people doing that.
    I've been on strong squads and I've seen several people on my squad raging against a single target.
    Those people are so mad about it that they even forget that the goal is actually to win and not to waste resources on some random person that they could actually just seal/sleep and move on. That is why I said annoying=good.

This discussion has been closed.