• nimao20
    nimao20 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    perrion said:

nimao20 said:

Pros: None
    Cons: not enough ppl, no good fights

I want cross server nation back

Cries about lack of "good fights", plays on Dawnglory....

I guess by "good fights" you mean battles where your side is heavily favored and you don't need to worry about losing.

Who are you to trash talk like that??
    Good fights are when it last more than 10min which we often had when fighting the squads of other servers when they even outnumber us. But now nation wars are empty and we get no challenge, which we had in the cross server.
    Seeker_King 105-105-103 Dawnglory Server http://mypers.pw/8/#406429
    Youtube Channel
  • monoftalm
    monoftalm Posts: 118 Arc User
    dblazen1 said:

Anyone who makes more tokens with normal NW over cross-server NW, is doing something wrong.

The times I did attend cross-server, I managed to get double the amount of tokens I normally got from the normal NW, and I was doing the exact same thing as I always did.

If you can't manage to get at least the same amount in cross-server as you did in regular NW, then you're really just doing something wrong, in my opinion. Even if your nation is last place.

The pros of normal NW over cross server NW are non-existent. There's a lower amount of people, there's an increase of alt fodder.

The rewards are lower as well.

Let's be honest, cross server NW is just a bigger version with a bigger reward over the normal NW. There are more people, there's more challenges to be found and yes, you'll probably die more.

Cross server NW would also be more balanced if the attending numbers were equal. Normal NW leans towards whoever has most of 1 or 2 certain factions in it.​​

I second this post - I missed both NWs and I will try to come hard for Friday only for my friends

Last NW we did was over 2k ppl on xwar :(

https://youtube.com/watch?v=k2d0bM1fmQY
    <3
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Well on Etherblade there were some fights this sunday that clearly lasted more than 10 minutes.
    Maybe I am the only one to say this: short fights are bad but long fights to me at some point they kinda become boring. When I get caught in a long battle in NW at some point when I leave the battle when it becomes too booring for me.
    And please dont turn this thread in pvp drama.
    giphy.gif

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    And please dont turn this thread in pvp drama.
    ^^ This.
    Don't make me get the switch out.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jamesmcd
    jamesmcd Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Seems like there is 2 camps of people here.

Those that go to NW for a fight and those that want supply tokens.

Those that want supply tokens are USUALLY those in tt99 or partial g16 and are oneshots to most others.

Those that go for a fight are usually rrr9 and fully sharded and refined, and can survive the attacks of lesser RRR9 for minutes on end.

Why cant there be a separate instance for those that actually need a quick way of farming mats where those that are just there for a fight are excluded?

Also regarding the number of tokens from a single xNW, in the first few weeks of xNW, the number of tokens was lower than for NW. Also xNW was changed to once a week at around the same time the number of tokens was dramatically increased. This week, after being in 2 NW, I have gained about 1/3 more tokens than I got in a week of xNW, and I had the satisfaction of being in the winning nation as well. B)

• dylandarkk1
    dylandarkk1 Posts: 64 Arc User
    Yep see thats my point i get more nw tokens than in xnw coz nw is twice in a week and has a chance to be in a winning nation. Everything is balanced out. Compared to xnw u know ur always be on lower ranks coz of unfair distribution of players. Its not the gears coz my squad can take most dawnglory players even if they are op. Problem is we get overwhelmed by numbers when they get reinforcements. Whatever they say numbers still do count on xnw. I am happy with this new adjustment.

In regards to pvp wise. Todeswell has a lotbof competetive players so if u get to encounter op players of other nations its fun.

Just my opinion.
  • nilou
    nilou Posts: 11 Arc User
    No the timing is not good for me either, it's starts at 11:30 pm at my time and will take up to 1:30 pm not counting waiting time to pick up the tokens from mail box . Most of the people at my time zone either have to go to work, school or college on Monday, so Sunday at midnight is the worst time possible.
  • monoftalm
    IMO, players that push PWI to expand, grow, sustain and develop, also keep game popular - are players that want to PvP and are high geared - Myself, I might even just PK if there is fun PK while I am around during week beside Weekend, and that is way less fun, too many friends around to keep killing, pounding on someone on other server is more fun! <3

Old NW is smaller, less fun, way less competitive for majority of people interested in the game
    IMO Players interested in game are higher geared players. Because, basically, if you are interested you will either farm of cash your gear, if you are less interested you will play tons of alts and go for tokens - generally speaking, or just be very inactive.
    <3
  • bloodedone87
    monoftalm said:

IMO, players that push PWI to expand, grow, sustain and develop, also keep game popular - are players that want to PvP and are high geared - Myself, I might even just PK if there is fun PK while I am around during week beside Weekend, and that is way less fun, too many friends around to keep killing, pounding on someone on other server is more fun! <3

Old NW is smaller, less fun, way less competitive for majority of people interested in the game
    IMO Players interested in game are higher geared players. Because, basically, if you are interested you will either farm of cash your gear, if you are less interested you will play tons of alts and go for tokens - generally speaking, or just be very inactive.</p>

Where is the rule that says in order to be active you have to farm and cash gear ? That is your way of being active . Other players have other ways of being active. Some people are active just by ding their dailies. There are different ways how players can be active. Your attitude is: Everyone must play the way I want to play because the way I play its only the right way to play. Or: Everyone should consider the Old NW( which has actually become now the new NW again since the cross server one has been removed) less fun because I consider it less fun.
    You contradict yourself when you say: if you are interesed you will either farm of cash your gear, if you are less interesed you will play tons of alts and go for tokens. Maybe I am wrong but getting tokens is not a way of farming gear? People are not using those tokens to craft materials which they can sell for money to buy higher gear or upgrade ther current one. I thought that some people are crafting SOW with tokens to upgrade their R9 ring or high lvl tome. Silly me. Going for tokens is not the other reason (beside having fun pvp against other people) for what people are going to NW?
    giphy.gif

• monoftalm

monoftalm said:

IMO Players interested in game are higher geared players. Because, basically, if you are interested you will either farm of cash your gear, if you are less interested you will play tons of alts and go for tokens - generally speaking, or just be very inactive.</p>

Where is the rule that says in order to be active you have to farm and cash gear ? That is your way of being active . Other players have other ways of being active. Some people are active just by ding their dailies. There are different ways how players can be active. Your attitude is: Everyone must play the way I want to play because the way I play its only the right way to play. Or: Everyone should consider the Old NW( which has actually become now the new NW again since the cross server one has been removed) less fun because I consider it less fun.
    You contradict yourself when you say: if you are interesed you will either farm of cash your gear, if you are less interesed you will play tons of alts and go for tokens. Maybe I am wrong but getting tokens is not a way of farming gear? People are not using those tokens to craft materials which they can sell for money to buy higher gear or upgrade ther current one. I thought that some people are crafting SOW with tokens to upgrade their R9 ring or high lvl tome. Silly me. Going for tokens is not the other reason (beside having fun pvp against other people) for what people are going to NW?
    There are only rules you place for yourself, and also limits, in this case its PWI management that imposes them and shifts they way we play -- be ready tho, to kill the game with laid back approach of doing dailies and being active that way, along without investing or farming, this is something, many of us, want to prevent.
    <3
  • bloodedone87
    monoftalm said:

monoftalm said:

There are only rules you place for yourself, and also limits, in this case its PWI management that imposes them and shifts they way we play -- be ready tho, to kill the game with laid back approach of doing dailies and being active that way, along without investing or farming, this is something, many of us, want to prevent.
    PW management and other things are killing the game not players. If they didnt want people to do dailies they would have not put dailies in to the game.
    I never said anything about not investing or farming but you seem to say that only investing and farming should be the only way that people must play .

You wanna keep the game popular?
    I am sorry but the game was popular 8-10 years ago when there werent so much Free to play MMO outhere. Today are of tons of free to play MMO from which you can chose from.

giphy.gif

• dog10250
    dog10250 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Old NW is better. My server has the lowest population in XNW and we always got 3rd/4th place, it sucked. Now I'm bumping up to 16k average contribution again in old NW and getting LOTS more tokens then ever before. Also, I'm glad they got rid of commanders, they didn't do anything and stole 25% of our hard earned tokens.
    dblazen1 said:

Anyone who makes more tokens with normal NW over cross-server NW, is doing something wrong.

The times I did attend cross-server, I managed to get double the amount of tokens I normally got from the normal NW, and I was doing the exact same thing as I always did.

I assume you didn't get the memo? XNW = X2 rewards(counted as having done 2 NWs) so naturally you might have gotten more. However, your probably on a server that always gets 1st or 2nd, so you were a happy camper. For us who got 3rd and 4th, and got 1 shotted by the other OP servers, we got way less because of this. I make way more tokens in normal NW because I can actually handle the people on my server(we only have 2 hardcore OP TW factions full of r9rrs and maxed out characters), and the rest are t3 alts and easier to kill people so we get more tokens by fighting ourselves.
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    No matter of the type of NW, I want only one per week, not 2. It's the same thing with 2x drops events. Most people play a lot more efficient during these times, due to the 2x rewards.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    jamesmcd said:

Seems like there is 2 camps of people here.

Those that go to NW for a fight and those that want supply tokens.

Those that want supply tokens are USUALLY those in tt99 or partial g16 and are oneshots to most others.

Those that go for a fight are usually rrr9 and fully sharded and refined, and can survive the attacks of lesser RRR9 for minutes on end.

Why cant there be a separate instance for those that actually need a quick way of farming mats where those that are just there for a fight are excluded?

Also regarding the number of tokens from a single xNW, in the first few weeks of xNW, the number of tokens was lower than for NW. Also xNW was changed to once a week at around the same time the number of tokens was dramatically increased. This week, after being in 2 NW, I have gained about 1/3 more tokens than I got in a week of xNW, and I had the satisfaction of being in the winning nation as well. B)

You've spent 2 more hours for 1/3 more tokens. GG xD
  • monoftalm
    xNW is what will drive the markets and farming of new gear, there are opportunities for everyone only if there is something to drive ppl to farm - and they will for ALL ROUND pvp event like xNW, there is less motive to farm as it stands now.
    <3
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Im honestly confused why people don't prefer cross server NW. I mean lets face it normal NW is a joke if you are looking for a fight almost no server has good enough attendance. Btw to those saying they had good fights in nw and not cross server. Was it good fights because you were leading nation or were they good because you actually had several battles (10-15) that were actually close. The point im getting is NW can't they make it so only 1 acc per comp can log NW? So multi fam members can play and this way gms can see the actual attendance and understand this is not a war its who can log the moat alts
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • bloodedone87
    blazerboy said:

Im honestly confused why people don't prefer cross server NW. I mean lets face it normal NW is a joke if you are looking for a fight almost no server has good enough attendance. Btw to those saying they had good fights in nw and not cross server. Was it good fights because you were leading nation or were they good because you actually had several battles (10-15) that were actually close. The point im getting is NW can't they make it so only 1 acc per comp can log NW? So multi fam members can play and this way gms can see the actual attendance and understand this is not a war its who can log the moat alts

I already said that I really do not care if its xNW or NW.
    But let me translate what you are saying:
    STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE AND STOP NOT LIKING WHAT I LIKE.
    And also this:
    STOP CONSIDERING GOOD FIGHTS WHAT I DONT CONSIDER GOOD FIGHT.
    Some people can have good fights in either xNW or NW. Others like you have good fights in cross server NW only. Others are having only in NW. Some people prefer NW over xNW and the other way.
    And why its that?
    Oh I do not know/ Let me think. Oh ya. because people are different.
    But you and others dont seem to understand that.
    giphy.gif

• kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Usual gears levels of people liking various types of NW (according to Kitty's observations):

xNW-only: r9rr+10-12.
    Both NWs: ~r9rr+10 (squishier PVP-classes)
    NW-only: Lower-geared.

Why Kitty came to such result?

1. In xNW, there used to be tons of r9rr+12 people running around so any lower-geared people got 1-shot left and right without being able to kill anyone. R9rr+12-people have difficulties finding enough challenge in NW, though, due to there being only a few r9rr+12s per battle. And most of them usually on same side.

2. R9rr+10s were probably able to find quite equal-powered opponents in not-so-populated fights in xNW and they're still not too OP for normal NW so they had good fights in both.

3. Lower-geared people got usually 1-shot without knowing who hit them in xNW so it was all about getting killed the sec CCs ran out. And also doing 2-digit numbers on enemies wasn't fun.
    Meanwhile in normal NW, lower-geared people can actually find other T3s to fight and kill in some battles, though ofc they're still a rather rare sight. But they do finally exist.

Kitty ofc belongs to the "lower-geared"-segment and she's started scoring some kills when normal NW came back.
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • monoftalm
    What attendance will there be tonight? bets on! - per server i say 300-400 max
    <3
  • blazerboy
    @bloodedone87 im honestly confused why do you play a multi player game when your hostile BS comments always points in the direction you only care about yourself then turn around and be a hypocrit statinh people want everyone to play like them. Did I say everyone should play like me? No I didnt rather than putting words in others mouths you should actually read instead of preach.

What I stated was the issue with NW most people face is lack of competition. The only issue with cross server was it should be randomized but not completely removed. NW was intended to be a WAR and Cross server made it a WAR on a massive scale not log a Army of alts for supply tokens. If you do that by all means more power to you. But for those who come for actual pvp actual fights because of the lack of people who do it on 1 server it blows. Its not just me its a vast minority who do not like this. If you call having 3 or 4 close fights a actual good nation war where fights are what average 20min over a 2 hour skirmish then son Im personally glad we arent the same server Id probably watch you QQ all day about how you wanna play your way and be left alone.

People are fully capable of doing as they please for all I care but when something was meant to be actual pvp leave it the hell alone done downgrade it with what little actual pvp is present on this game. I think people were only excited about the fact Da didnt win it might turn back to marginal attendance is my guess. Btw yeah I only find fun in cross nw because theres maybe 1 or 2 squads who I probably cant solo farm in nw rest can literally turn around and go towards another nation completely becoming boring yeah..... okay so what ots not just me or a small community who feels this way many do get over yourself dude....
  • blazerboy
    @kittyempressa I cant believe im saying this but im in total agreement with you minus the 1..... Im full r9rr 11/12 and I think cross server was fun purely because there was more high number skirmishes happening and less alts filling up maps imo. I suppose 2 nights one normal one cross would be the best solution so the farmers get thier kicks and the battleborne people can hash it out like crazy which I would love, perhaps randomize which natiom you go with your squad too
  • bloodedone87
    blazerboy said:

@bloodedone87 im honestly confused why do you play a multi player game when your hostile BS comments always points in the direction you only care about yourself then turn around and be a hypocrit statinh people want everyone to play like them. Did I say everyone should play like me? No I didnt rather than putting words in others mouths you should actually read instead of preach.

What I stated was the issue with NW most people face is lack of competition. The only issue with cross server was it should be randomized but not completely removed. NW was intended to be a WAR and Cross server made it a WAR on a massive scale not log a Army of alts for supply tokens. If you do that by all means more power to you. But for those who come for actual pvp actual fights because of the lack of people who do it on 1 server it blows. Its not just me its a vast minority who do not like this. If you call having 3 or 4 close fights a actual good nation war where fights are what average 20min over a 2 hour skirmish then son Im personally glad we arent the same server Id probably watch you QQ all day about how you wanna play your way and be left alone.

People are fully capable of doing as they please for all I care but when something was meant to be actual pvp leave it the hell alone done downgrade it with what little actual pvp is present on this game. I think people were only excited about the fact Da didnt win it might turn back to marginal attendance is my guess. Btw yeah I only find fun in cross nw because theres maybe 1 or 2 squads who I probably cant solo farm in nw rest can literally turn around and go towards another nation completely becoming boring yeah..... okay so what ots not just me or a small community who feels this way many do get over yourself dude....

You were confused why people dont prefer cross server NW. And I actually answered you by saying People are diferent. Thats why. But you were so .... to understand. And now you come up with this.
    It seems that you cannot sleep at night cause they took away your precious cross server NW. Cry more.
    Your comment proves that you cant stand the fact I think different than you.
    giphy.gif

• monoftalm
    blazerboy said:

Agreed on PvP Part, without it, pwi would have been out of MMO world. Lets focus on people that really made PWI where it is now, thats people, and we are talking pvp people that pushed limits for PW to change and edit instances.

blazerboy said:

You were confused why people dont prefer cross server NW. And I actually answered you by saying People are diferent. Thats why. But you were so .... to understand. And now you come up with this.
    It seems that you cannot sleep at night cause they took away your precious cross server NW. Cry more.
    Your comment proves that you cant stand the fact I think different than you.
    I agree with you too, however, xNW is one aspect game that means so much to high end PvP players where for many that are lowered geared due to various reasons - its an aspect. PWI has do decide what is beneficial.

I would like xNW back, even if its late at night - its best event to date!

<3
    <3
  • raptor77
    raptor77 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Normal nw sux not enough players (and I personally don't like the time either). I prefer the more amount of players that xNW gives to fight.
  • blazerboy
    @bloodedone87 kinda funny where I specifically said people are free to make their own choice you still bring up "people think differently its not fair for them to be forced to play the way you" bullcrap to act like some sort of victim. Face the fact PvP is the only reason this game is even up through its Cash shop community. Do you really think any of us would go endgame for mobs who are repatative? Okay bro. NW was intended for pvp supply tokens merely an incentive, Cross server was implemented because NW was not popular for what it was meant for so they evolved it. So me feeling it makes 0 sense how you can halt progress and actually go in the other direction angering many players is rediculous then yeah I guess im the most selfish non free thinker ever.
  • silvasunrise
    silvasunrise Posts: 24 Arc User
    XNW was a nice event but it was at the wrong time for me being Australian (Monday 4am or 5am depending on which DSTs were going on at our different ends of Earth). Of course, with a global war event you can't please everybody, but having JUST XNW meant that I often could not attend and could not get any tokens for many weeks. After all, who wakes up at 4am on a Monday? You can get away with that on a weekend morning but that was no good.

The return of old NW times was very much fine by me. Obviously nobody's going to enjoy having twice as much charm and pots cost for tokens because the rewards were reduced back to normal, but that's obviously a price I'm willing to pay to not get up at 4am.

So, pro:

No longer have to get up at an obscene time to PVP before starting my week. This improves PvP for me.

Con:

Happily admit that these times are not for everyone either, and people definitely miss the XNW experience (even I do). That's being fair.

In light of that, I'd suggest keeping double normal NW but returning the double token count on both. However, to counterbalance how much you're giving away, make one NW an EU-convenient time (like the XNW time) while retaining one of the current NW times. Give XNW back, but hold XNW at whatever time hits the highest population (even if it's not mine). That way, people around the globe have 3 opportunities to get some tokens every week, with at least 1 available no matter their timezone or schedule.

Not only that, but if someone really BADLY wants tokens, it's on them to attend both NWs (with one at a deeply inconvenient time) plus XNW and get the extra. If you're willing to get up at 4am, you'd better bloody believe you deserve the double tokens. That's dedication to the game, and nobody will resent the option except totally obsessive completionists who feel the need to attend all 3 every week. If you want to be inclusive, surely that's the best solution.
    ~Sylvaliana
    Leader of Borealis, Etherblade server.
  • blazerboy
    @silvasunrise no offense but no 3 nw yeah not enough room in time slots i believe. 2 nw at diff times thats fine. Cross and normal but 3 nw with massive tokens? Okay sow cannies raps prices time to get rekt like TT causing farms to cry more. Maybe cross keeps double cuz its 4 servers but normal for what? Its just more ppl bringing alts and making the people who prefer normal tw for pvp purposes cry more that doesnt solve the issue for the greatest amount of ppl just 2 nw cross and normal with cross double and normal for rest
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    >>What attendance will there be tonight? bets on! - per server i say 300-400 max

Was about 500 on Twilight Temple last night, and that's with some people not attending because of territory war afterwards.
This discussion has been closed.