Elysium Maintenance [4/12/16 10pm PDT] COMPLETE

thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
Hey Everyone,
Elysium is here. We will be bringing down the servers at 10pm PDT (If you ask me if there's a PATCH tonight I shall find you and bop you over the head with a Haddock)

Maintenance is expected to last about 6 hours so during that time you will be unable to access the servers.

Thank you for your patience and we will see you on the other side.

- The PWI Crew

http://bit.ly/1SLIfNg

http://bit.ly/22sActP
Post edited by surtr on

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    What's with that fish? lol.​​
  • hakundo
    hakundo Posts: 33 Arc User
    TW times reduced from 3 hours to 100 minutes...

who comes up with your ideas? please, i just want to ask if they have ever even played this game.

PWI has been built around TW from the very start, and now you're reducing your number one instance that everyone builds their toons around? and yes yes, xTW is great, but it's pk on a massive scale, it's not TW.

-1, you guys need a new content manager or whatever you call it.
  • thenamesdomino
    FEAR THE FISH!!!
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    @thenamesdomino disabling xtw was an *insert any expletive* move. why disable it and whos decision was it to do that.

*edit - or did you have to take those servers to support the housing cause to cheap to get more servers? it would make sense money wise. not in any other sense
  • ayv#7882
    ayv#7882 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    :dizzy: Where Patch Notes ?
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    hakundo wrote: »
    TW times reduced from 3 hours to 100 minutes...

who comes up with your ideas? please, i just want to ask if they have ever even played this game.

PWI has been built around TW from the very start, and now you're reducing your number one instance that everyone builds their toons around? and yes yes, xTW is great, but it's pk on a massive scale, it's not TW.

-1, you guys need a new content manager or whatever you call it.
    China made that change in their version a while ago.

Since China is who writes our code....​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Ey ey ey ey Domino...

Is there a patch???​​
  • thedendra
    thedendra Posts: 18 Arc User
    maybe stop the Cata glich..or start ban ppl who abuse..because 100min is not enough if the keep gliching ur cata...
  • sbgaruk#2953
    sbgaruk#2953 Posts: 1 Arc User
    So it isn't possible for you guys to have regular NW(Friday and Sunday Given time today) and at the same time XNW(SUNDAY same time) too?. :( no more fun for us..
  • thenamesdomino
    The developers made that decision. You'll still have your cross server Dragons' Conquest events so you'll be able to get your PvP on, Just not the Nation Wars. We've been discussing this internally so dont lose hope more can happen.
  • lolzcatz
    lolzcatz Posts: 28 Arc User
    thedendra said:

maybe stop the Cata glich..or start ban ppl who abuse..because 100min is not enough if the keep gliching ur cata...

I recall hearing that in pwcn they made cata pullers immune to Transposition a little while ago.
  • thenamesdomino
    elyora2 said:

Ey ey ey ey Domino...

Is there a patch???​​

*Baps elyora2 over the head with *

• firstblood#1267
    firstblood#1267 Posts: 35 Arc User
    Get the Fish ready..someone asked if there was patch notes lol
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    Ish there a patch tonight?

*slaps thenamesdomino around a bit with a large trout* PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE!
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • classicbeauty
    classicbeauty Posts: 62 Arc User

What's with that fish? lol.​​

It's a haddock, Mr Domino's preffered weapon during this maintenance

• classicbeauty
    classicbeauty Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Sorry, I think it's my bedtime, I'm double posting and other major forum sins

• tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    The developers made that decision. You'll still have your cross server Dragons' Conquest events so you'll be able to get your PvP on, Just not the Nation Wars. We've been discussing this internally so dont lose hope more can happen.

It's completely random who you fight... give me a break.

do you even play this game to know what the servers are like?​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• thenamesdomino

Ish there a patch tonight?

*slaps thenamesdomino around a bit with a large trout* PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE!
    ​​

DOUBLE HADDOCK STRIKE!!!

• hakundo
    hakundo Posts: 33 Arc User

China made that change in their version a while ago.

Since China is who writes our code....​​

The point is that TW is what this game is built around, and people don't only "want to get their PVP on" in a random PK event.

1 hour 40 minute TW fights between two large factions will almost always end in the defender winning by turtling.

And we don't always get the same content that CN gets (see R9), so that's not really an excuse for a bad judgement call on TW times.

• elyora2
    Ey ey ey ey Domino...

Is there a patch???

*Baps elyora2 over the head with *

Was that a yes or a no? :neutral:nIYoW7R.png​​
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    and who the hell chose 11:30 pm for Friday night tw time? WTF are you people smoking.

10 minute gap between NW ending and TW starting....​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• thenamesdomino

@thenamesdomino are we receiving the new thursday tournament too? (intra server and cross server)

More details on that one soon.
    elyora2 said:

Was that a yes or a no? :neutral:nIYoW7R.png​​

yes
  • elyora2
    @thenamesdomino are we receiving the new thursday tournament too? (intra server and cross server)

More details on that one soon.

Was that a yes or a no? :neutral:

yes

CwH9LCk.png Okay sir
    #trollingout​​
  • catgirldesu
    What's with that fish? lol.

It's a haddock, Mr Domino's preffered weapon during this maintenance

Oh, I see. fox-2.gif​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Seriously, disabling cross server NW is a terrible decision. :/​​
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Lot of nice updates, but the changes on PvP events are pretty bad..
    It's true we did complain a lot about cross server NW... But I've felt the past few weeks that it started to be more even between the servers, and because of that, I actually started to attend again... and now its being removed >.>
    The new TW timeslots are actually better for me I think but reducing the battle time is just sad. Any faction close to having the same strength wont be able to finish in such short time.
    So there's xTW/Dragons Conquest left, which havent been fun yet, like not even a tiny bit.​​
  • catgirldesu
    edited April 2016
    Dragon Conquest really needs some adjustments. Increase the land requirement to participate and/or decrease the number of lands in cross-server so that factions have better chances at facing each other off. Or just allow us to bid on the lands we want and fight the factions we want... I've only had one single Dragon Conquest fight so far that was actually a fight instead of an empty map. tiger-27.gif

But yeah, cross-server Nation Wars became better over time and more people attended. Removing it now is a bad decision, in my opinion. Old Nation Wars was mostly empty and boring, with no people to fight.
    ​​
  • rikkert1234
    rikkert1234 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    So ehm, Im fairly certain this expansion is probably gonna mess up the XTW map/scores and everything ^^ but that aside...

- Im super hyped for the new instance, cuz new instance.
    - Im super hyped for the new gear, cuz new gear.
    - Im super hyped for the new skills, cuz new meta/balance.
    - Im super hyped for the Quicksand Maze NPC that allows me to convert the many ringstones I have left over (pls be useful NPC)
    - You know you can just allow Drake's Ray to hit multiple people, I wont mind :3
    - I hate that cross-server NW is going away, since this is currently the only way to really PvP, since TW is too easy and Dragon's Conquest so far has been a series of no-shows.
    - I love that the maximum TW length gets reduced to 100 minutes, I feel like giving the attacker 3 hours to finish is way too long, and factions have been getting away with 0 strategy for the longest time, now they'll actually have to apply different strategies to break a turtling faction instead of pushing B lane for 3 hours hoping the TW ends in time.

With cross-server NW going away I have 1 thing I would love to see in return:

- Increase the length of the Dragon's Conquest season please :) Right now we are over 1 month into the season (we're almost half way if it really takes 3 months) and I dont think a single faction has had any satisfying battles yet. The longer the season is going on the less noise there is (less crappy factions will be distracting the stronger ones from fighting eachother, and the stronger factions will have more lands, thus making it more likely for them to fight each other).

This gives the people that miss cross-server NW the option to join a faction thats participating in Dragon's Conquest to still get their solid fighting going on in there.