Dragon Conquest battles missing

Options
keihan007#7641
keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
So according to news item the battles should of been announced at 3am PST today. Then I noticed the npc says 12:00 so decided to check the npc on Dawnglory, where said time had already passed, and nothing. Considering battles should start in 26h lack of announcement for battles is a bad sign. Of course I might of just missed where the battles are announced and if so, please direct me to right location. So anybody has any info on this?

Update from Engineer....
tricksie wrote: »
at least our chars weren't corrupted and lost forever egg-40.gif
My thoughts exactly. This is a rough day, but that would be soooooo much worse.
beast21g wrote: »
any news? should we wait here or not?
Just confirmed with stakeholders on the plan. Making a proper forum post, but no, Dragon's Conquest will not be available today. We'd need to bring in the devs, QA, and NetOps all to try to debug the issue, and even then, we've already missed the window for today. :/ Sorry folks, we'll let you know how our investigation of it goes over the next week.
​​
BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
Post edited by sylenthunder on

Comments

• ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Options
    I just check as well, I haven't seen anything yet.
    Then again, I'm not in a faction that can participate so my views may be limited to some extent, or maybe factions don't really exist on the cross server map and it's causing some issues? But will check again at the 12:00 PM mark PST.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Options
    My guess is flop.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    Why is there still no response on this? Battles are supposed to happen in less than 2 hours. Did PWI mess it up again or is it actually gonna happen?​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    We'll find out in a little bit either way.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • sylenthunder
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I though I'd put this up here to consolidate the posts pertaining to the event.

How did it go for you?
    How did you like the experience?

Oh, and please remember... Naming and Shaming is not allowed. Neither is bypassing the profanity filter.

Please, no complaining about lag without also supplying a trace to the server taken at the time of the issue.​​

​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    So...

"Player's cross server data is abnormal."​​
  • mtdew1
    mtdew1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    Got kicked out with a message of players cross server data is abnormal

• dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    Totally failed ==everyone has dc'd

• ttff
    ttff Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    Well, our faction is facing a faction that has 0 members.
  • antonio0590
    antonio0590 Posts: 144 Arc User
    Options
    whole server crashed
  • trailturtle
    trailturtle Posts: 1,482 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Hmm. Taking a look.

To clarify: After getting kicked out, are you able to log into the game and play normally on other maps, just Dragon's Conquest is weird?
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My entire faction disconnected after the battle started and when we tried to log on, it said "Player's data is abnormal" or something like that. After a while we were able to log in again. Now we're back in the gulch and we'll see what happens next. Right now it says too many people are trying to enter.

This seems to have happened for most players, if not everyone.
    ​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    Well, we're back on, but can't enter battle.​​
  • trailturtle
    Options

My entire faction disconnected after the battle started and when we tried to log on, it said "Player's data is abnormal" or something like that. After a while we were able to log in again. Now we're back in the gulch and we'll see what happens next.

​​

Thanks Catgirl. My specialty's emergency response, not PWI per se, so I don't know the system too well -- the gulch, is it part of the Dragon's Conquest map? Do you know if it's hosted on your normal server (Etherblade, etc.) or if it's part of the cross-server instance?
  • dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    managed to log back on but now it says the battle is already in progress and cannot enter. We are giving this up. Hopefully next week these bugs will be worked out.
  • raidsreign
    raidsreign Posts: 27 Arc User
    Options
    AWESOME JOB PWI WAY TO **** UP ANOTHER CROSS SERVER EVENT :D
  • axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Options

My entire faction disconnected after the battle started and when we tried to log on, it said "Player's data is abnormal" or something like that. After a while we were able to log in again. Now we're back in the gulch and we'll see what happens next.

​​

Thanks Catgirl. My specialty's emergency response, not PWI per se, so I don't know the system too well -- the gulch, is it part of the Dragon's Conquest map? Do you know if it's hosted on your normal server (Etherblade, etc.) or if it's part of the cross-server instance?
    Wargod Gulch is the area on the xserver TW that acts as the "lobby" before you enter NW or Dragon's Conquest. We can get to that now, but we can't re-enter the battles because they're restricted to only allow entrance within the first 5 minutes. Since literally everyone got dced from the server, nobody can get in and finish the battles.
  • gwedril
    gwedril Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options

​​

Gulch is waiting area where you go when joining cross-server, its not part of the event map
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    LOL well goooodjob pwi for making everyone DC, that was a good laugh.​​
  • mtdew1
    mtdew1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    got logged back on but says battle in progress so cant enter the battle
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Options
    BEST EVENT 2016
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • trailturtle
    Options
    axel320 said:

Wargod Gulch is the area on the xserver TW that acts as the "lobby" before you enter NW or Dragon's Conquest. We can get to that now, but we can't re-enter the battles because they're restricted to only allow entrance within the first 5 minutes. Since literally everyone got dced from the server, nobody can get in and finish the battles.

Gotcha, thanks. That's good info. For everyone in the thread, can you confirm the below?

1. At 11am PST (right when the event started), everyone got disconnected from the cross-server.
    2. After a few minutes, you were able to log back in and get to the gulch.
    3. Because it was past the initial entrance period, no one was able to get into Dragon's Conquest proper after the disconnect.
    4. No one is experiencing any ongoing issues with being able to change maps, log out/in, no problems with items or XP. Right?
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Options

The gulch is on the cross-server and it's hosted on the former Raging Tides server. The gulch itself is just an area where people meet. It's not part of NW or DC itself. Imagine it like a world map. Oops I didn't realise you were a GM! My explanation was poor. XD

Regarding the current issue: People tried to enter using other characters (not the ones that disconnected) but it says cross-server battlefield is congested.
    ​​
    Post edited by catgirldesu on
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    we will enter tonight or i go for a drink?
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    "The battle is in progress, please try again later" is the error we're getting on the event. I poked Domino on this also, but I'm afraid it may be a failure for today.​​

​​
  • axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Options

axel320 said:

Gotcha, thanks. That's good info. For everyone in the thread, can you confirm the below?

1. At 11am PST (right when the event started), everyone got disconnected from the cross-server.
    3. Because it was past the initial entrance period, no one was able to get into Dragon's Conquest proper after the disconnect.
    4. No one is experiencing any ongoing issues with being able to change maps, log out/in, no problems with items or XP. Right?
    We were actually disconnected around 11:10 or 11:15 (I didn't check the exact time), a bit after we were able to enter / the battles started.

• antonio0590
    antonio0590 Posts: 144 Arc User
    Options

it was more like 11:15 pst
  • sylenthunder
    edited February 2016
    Options

Yes, this is correct. But the time's a bit off. 11:10 is almost exactly when the DC happened. (Checked chat log with Domino)​​

​​
  • bobboberts
    bobboberts Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options

axel320 said:

Info seems right, all items used seem to have been returned to our inventories, as of now we can't re-enter the maps that we originally joined.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    The error message we receive after reconnecting and trying to enter battle is:

"The battle is in progress, please try again later"
    ​​