Dawnglory TW Time Suggestion and Cross-Server Time Questions

Options
iffy22
iffy22 Posts: 20 Arc User
edited January 2016 in Suggestion Box
@mintsummer and @thenamesdomino
Dawnglory first:
My idea for the TW times here are at Saturday 2am(server time)(this would be Friday 2000 EST) for the "early" TW time. and to keep the current Saturday 1700(server) time.
This gives HL players who quit over the merge times due to the fact that they cant make those times, a reason to come back and TW with their friends. It also gives EC and EU players a tw where they have an "advantage". For the early tw, EC players have the advantage because its 2am for EU players. For the Evening TW, EU players have an advantage because its earlier in the day for EC players. Both sides CAN be at the disadvantageous TW time. I believe that the EC players, and quite a few of the EU players, will go for this. It may bring some people back, which means more competition.
What this means for PWE(aka how to pitch it to the boss):
Advantage 1: EC players now have a time where they can shine. Many players who have stopped paying may start again now that they have a time slot that works for them.
Advantage 2: IF players do return(and i believe they may if they are able to attend events that matter such as tw) this may mean MORE paying players for PWE.
Advantage 3: This is something the community has been asking for for a long time. This is a small sign to show that PWE is listening and responding to the major issues that players are having. Many players have stopped putting money into the game due to the fact they dont believe PWE cares about the game at all. By seeing you respond to a major issue like this, it will restore SOME of their faith in the company and MAY convince them to start putting money back into the game.
EC means East Coast btw. Former Harshlands players.

Now for the NW questions.
Correct me if im wrong, but there are 24 time zones. If I recall correctly, PWE has said that the reason they cant make Cross Server NW at a time between PST and EU time is because it means the EU players go back in time, which they can't make work. What about going the other way instead? Sending EVERYONE forward in Time.
Ex. Lets say for instance, 0200 is the event time. Thats the EU time that we are currently working off of. What im asking is, Can you use 1400 instead?
Reason: IF PWE is able to make ALL players go forward in time, we can choose a more stable time for everyone. We could Take a time zone located in the Atlantic (the one that brazil is in would be best) and have the NW at the time that mirrors that one.

Comments

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    Prob better to just use the Sunday 17:00 (11am est timeslot) so you don't **** over the Euros since it is technically the EU server still, but it's a lot more reasonable for the US people since they're not likely to straight up be unable to attend due to work/school like with the current Friday slot.​​
  • iffy22
    iffy22 Posts: 20 Arc User
    Options
    I do not believe that this will **** the EU players over. There are many EU players who are playing East and West Coast servers that wake up at 2am or 5am to TW with their friends. All this does is make one of the two TW time slots into a more East Coast favorable time. EU and EC players both have the ability, should they wish, to attend both. Several former Morai players, Priest and Joe are examples, have even come forward saying that they would stay up later if there was more pvp at those times. I'm a confident that they have not changed their minds, and would even look forward to a TW at these times.
    Keep giving feedback and what you believe. I'm looking into refining this idea so that our CM can bring a completely thought out and possible idea to the higher ups.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    I moved this to the Suggestion Box for the first part of the OP's post.

For the second part, I would recommend discussing it in this thread.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!