Cross-Server Event Time Discussion

sylenthunder
sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
edited November 2015 in General Discussion
This is a new thread for discussing the event times. Some things to keep in mind when reading and posting here.

1. If you have a suggestion for the times, use the other thread for it, and post it in CET.
2. Read the quotes from our PWE staff about the timing that I am including below.
3. Watch your language. Many of you are trying to circumvent the profanity filter, which just wastes my time having to go edit it and then give you warnings and infractions. Just Stop It. If you cannot speak without cursing, hold your tongue.
Hi everyone! Domino is out of the office this week, he had an emergency to take care of, but he should be back next week.

Thank you for all the feedback about the Nation Wars time! :) We ran through sooo many time scenarios trying to find a perfect time for every server. We are aware the current time is less than ideal, and the feedback is very helpful for us.

Another time we considered was to have it on Saturday and Sunday morning in the US.

Due to the way Nation Wars is set up, it must happen at 8pm CET, because the server it is hosted on is set to CET time. That means we can change the date that it happens, but not the time.

We set it to Friday and Sunday for US because we planned on doing Cross Server Territory wars (Battle for Treasure Island) on Saturday. We can change both the date and time of that event, though! :) We also have Territory Wars to fit in there somewhere.

Any additional feedback you have on what days we should hold Nation Wars would be very helpful. We might not be able to find dates that will work for every player, but we can hopefully we can make it where it isn't hard for a whole region.

Thanks! :)
chary wrote: »
I guess if you're forced to hold it at 8pm CET, there's nothing to be done. Could you explain though why, for instance, you couldn't do it at 8pm EST Friday and 8pm CET Sunday to try and strike a better balance???
Having the event happen twice on both days or different times on Friday/Sunday was the first solution we offered up to the developers but they said that the event was created in such a way that the time can never be modified. It can only happen at the 8pm of the server it is on. :/
mintsummer wrote: »
Hello,
I can shed a little light on the decision we made to set the Nation War time as it is now. When the decision was made, we weren’t choosing between EU or US players, we had to use CET because it is ahead of all of the server times. While testing the event, we encountered some major errors if the cross server wasn’t set to CET. When players entered a cross server zone where the time wasn’t set ahead of their server time, they would never be able to return to their original server, or if it was possible, all of their skill cooldowns would be set to 3 hours+. We chose CET time because it prevented players from ever encountering these issues. (There were test characters who were lost forever in this process :cry: )

Your feedback about the current days and time has been really useful to us.  We are currently working on a new time schedule for all events: Territory Wars, Nation War, Battle for Treasure Island. We have also been working with the developers to see if there is any way they can modify the event for us.

Right now, we are open to time schedule suggestions if you have them and thanks again for the feedback. :smile:
​​
582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
​​
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by sylenthunder on

Comments

• foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    as i said before when they announced the cross server stuff. You cant have it without pissing off at least 1 server. So if they keep it CET time harshlands once again gets shafted on the friday TWs, and all other NA servers will have another event with a stupid time. Call me crazy, but I thought PWE head quarters were in California somewhere? Ya good idea, lets use european time in a north american game, that uses north american time zones. #logic

The mergers really **** over a lot of people, to the extent now that they are excluding what was an entire servers from 99.9% of the events.
    I could literally eat taco bell for 3 days straight and **** out better ideas then what PWE comes up with. Seriously who comes up with these decisions, and do they wear a hockey helmet but not play hockey?

I say scrap the whole cross server stuff. PWE already stated they are having problems with time on it. Scrap it, give everyone a code for some +10 orbs and never bring up the issue again. If they dont do that, at the very least pack up your stuff PWE and move over to France since you love the euro players so much.
    NGTUy53.png

• shido45
    shido45 Posts: 11 Arc User
    FIRST OFF. cross over nation war sounds like a giant pain in the ****. of course CET time going to have problems relating with american time. its a 9 to 10 hours differences. DUH HELL was PWI thinking. maye try to use a tuesday to do a cross over nation wars. their is nothing going on on tuesday.

what the pwi team is doing is cramming a bunch of things together and cause mass chaos to the game and the critical timing structer of peoples life. you just can't make extreme time change's.
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    foley3k said:

I say scrap the whole cross server stuff. PWE already stated they are having problems with time on it. Scrap it, give everyone a code for some +10 orbs and never bring up the issue again. If they dont do that, at the very least pack up your stuff PWE and move over to France since you love the euro players so much.

^ This.

Cross server events between servers half a world apart is just a plain stupid idea. It just adds heaps of problems without offering any real benefit. At the very least, return Friday NW to single server at the original times.

Nation War:
    Friday: PST 20:20
    Sunday: don't care
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    When ish the NW Commander bidding period? At least on Tideswell bidding wasn't possible at 20:30 o.o​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • persuazian#2545
    persuazian#2545 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Like someone said earlier u cant have cross server without pissing off 1 server. Soo why not have two different times: 1 day evening, 1 day morn/noon.

I'm from Aus playing on a west coast server, with this new time slot, it will mean i will have to wake up 3.10am in the morn. But what's the point when half of the server at 11.10am (server time) on a friday will be at work/school. Practically i have already lost half of my usual squad.

Its pretty logical to set nw times of fridays' to US evenings and Sundays' nw to US morn/noon. Least this way will please most of the player population.

Btw how does the balancing mechs gonna work since its SvS? If let's just say Etherblade only can register 60 ppl, does tat mean the other nation (server) be limited to 60 as well?
  • officialbadass1
    officialbadass1 Posts: 25 Arc User
    I agree with Rocky19 (Seek). Yes, I'm American. Yes, I chose to play on an East Coast server because it was closer. I've said all of this before and get nothing but grief from former-Morai EU players who think that because their server got picked to host HL, then we former HL people are objects for them to **** on. Get over yourselves and think of it from a logical perspective. If four out of five servers are in the U.S., why make them all deal with EU times for events? I liked the idea of a cross-server TW, but NW? Already I have a difficult time doing it on Fridays because of work/school times. Alienate us all you want, but it doesn't serve the broad spectrum of players to cater to one when you can adjust times per server. If your devs can't accomplish this, it's time to find ones who can.

I still want to know when people from the former HL server will get a chance to move to either a West Coast (U.S.) server or the other one from the East Coast. I have made friends in DawnGlory already and that is nice, but I came and pay to play. Why are the needs of those of us who've spent thousands of dollars as a form of entertainment not taken into consideration?
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Current event times are the perfect ones for me. If ever it should change to schedule one of the two NW in the afternoon (CET) then I would prefer Sunday event rather than Friday one...
    All that being said, what's the point of cross-server NW in the first place ? I don't know how populated US servers are but current NW on DG are good as they are (in my opinion). And NW is supposed to be designed to balance the event by using an algorithm based on soulforce or whatever. This won't be possible anymore if each nation is dedicated to a specific server.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Lol devs not being able to properly work with timezones, GGWP nabs. Stop implementing stuff you can't support in the first place.
    I get that it works for china because it's all in the same area, but then don't implement it elsewhere where you can't support it because you can't figure out how to fix your ****.
    And also, CET is not ahead of all server times, EU server should be running in CET.

@mintsummer I wonder, did PWE even test this with winter/summer time changes in mind? Do they know what the impact of that will be?

Regardless; set the friday slot to be EU friendly (keep it at 20:10 CET).
    Make the sunday slot US friendly.
    That's, in my opinion, the most fair way to do it.

I bet it's gonna end up in such a way that EU will get screwed once more tiger-1.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Friday 8:00 PST and Sunday 20:10 CET would be reasonable

I dont understand why splitting the times is such a hard concept to grasp honestly and a monkey could've told u this entire CET NW time zone business would start a EU vs American complain fest on the forums i mean DUUUUUUUUUUUH! You are in California for heavens sake u have about 70% american player base on at least 3 of the servers can we say someone didnt use their brain??? And another thing i really hope they increased the maps and rewards because atm everyone gets WAY lower tokens on average because of the amount of ppl attending post merger anyways so if they didn't we are looking at charm **** for 50 tokens if your lucky........and lets also be honest while we are at it adding a Lvl 100 and culti level requirement isnt going to stop the ppl who bring 4 toons in nw in junk gear and drag them around for free points either because its super easy to get a junk gear alts culti done when u have a geared main very horribly thought out. If u keep up these kind of decisions you are going to chase away whats left of your player base and this game will die. This was a great way to turn your player base on ech other if tht was your objective btw.......ppl fighting in wc, fac chats and on the forums about it..... really great! Maybe while your at it u can start the apocalypse next.
    Post edited by phage69 on
  • partyxgirl
    partyxgirl Posts: 5 Arc User
    I actually like the time change of the events, I know Americans can have a little problem with it and it might be annoying. But if you take all the servers, there is a large community of European players. For them normally the times are deep in the night, which is really annoying.
    Americans might work on fridays but that is normal life and not too bad to miss one of the NW's.

Might be an option to make 2 different timeslots ne at 8PM PST and one at 8PM CET.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    How about switch the times back to American times because this is an American based game...
    If you honestly have to how about
    Nation Wars (now Cross-Server)
    Friday 20:10-22:10 PST or Saturday 20:10- 22:10 CET
    Sunday 20:10-22:10 CET

or my favoriote idea would be give us back one of two non cross server nws back at their normal times and have one cross server nw on sunday 20:10- 22:10
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    How about switch the times back to American times because this is an American based game...

Except it's not. The main office of PWE is american based which also has offices elsewhere (I think amsterdam somewhere too?) and their game runs both in EU and US. The game itself is from China.
    So the game is a chinese based game.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    @foley3k @shido45 @hypereccentrik Please rage less and read more.

Hello,
    I can shed a little light on the decision we made to set the Nation War time as it is now. When the decision was made, we weren’t choosing between EU or US players, we had to use CET because it is ahead of all of the server times. While testing the event, we encountered some major errors if the cross server wasn’t set to CET. When players entered a cross server zone where the time wasn’t set ahead of their server time, they would never be able to return to their original server, or if it was possible, all of their skill cooldowns would be set to 3 hours+. We chose CET time because it prevented players from ever encountering these issues. (There were test characters who were lost forever in this process :cry: )

Also;

Due to the way Nation Wars is set up, it must happen at 8pm CET, because the server it is hosted on is set to CET time. That means we can change the date that it happens, but not the time.

Having the event happen twice on both days or different times on Friday/Sunday was the first solution we offered up to the developers but they said that the event was created in such a way that the time can never be modified. It can only happen at the 8pm of the server it is on. :/

So no we can't have NW at different times Friday/Sunday.

Without China fixing something (don't hold your breath) the only options we have for NW atm are;

Friday 8pm CET
    Saturday 8pm CET
    Sunday 8pm CET

Pick two.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    I'm a European player who initially played in Harshlands server. While I did get a LOT of benefits from the merge, I think that a fair schedule is to set Friday NW as it ran on Harshalnds server (so Saturday EARLY in the morning for europeans), and then set the Sunday one friendly for Europeans.

This way, pissed off americans can actually attend both events.

This, of course, if their big mouth is matched by numbers (how relevant they are on Dawnglory), and of course if they do cash here and there. My feeling is that europeans do better in both departments.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • darkonome
    @sylenthunder Maybe include the quotes from sheepclouds in your original post so people don't post ideas for NW that are unattainable according to our GMs/China.

DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
  • wingdeath6
    wingdeath6 Posts: 61 Arc User
    Whats the point of this thread, according to Sheep none of this can be changed anyways why are you trying to give people false hope for stuff that can't be changed??? I think this thread was a bad idea and a waste of space they set the events on a euro server so its stuck at CET time and you are giving ppl false hope of a potential change that will never happen. Most of the people here are in agreeance one way would be good but according to sheeps post tht will never happen and they already got a solid no it cant happen answer so this post is a waste and a false hope.
  • kaiserzoltar
    kaiserzoltar Posts: 14 Arc User
    I think the real solution here is to adjust the timezone on the server hosting the event to something other than CET. If the server is hosted in Europe, PWE really screwed the pooch on this one as lag will also be a huge factor for many of the players.

It might be better to get another server up and running that can host the events at a better time and with less lag. I know PWE has the resources to do it.
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    looks like we wont have cross server NW at all.

or why does dawnglory see a cross-server highscore for the tower (with only our users in there) and the US servers dont see anything?
    are you at PWE sure the servers are properly connected? i might be wrong, but better safe than sorry.
  • darkonome
    Yeah to be safe, I would enter NW tomorrow with a toon you don't mind losing for a while/forever.

I'm guessing that all the chinese servers are on the same time zone, which would be the only explanation as to why they don't have the same problems as us?
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    mintsummer said:

Hello,

basing the timing off of CET server time is one thing.

choosing a times that alienates 2 of the three server zones you have is MINDLESSLY ILLOGICAL.
  • darkonome

choosing a times that alienates 2 of the three server zones you have is MINDLESSLY ILLOGICAL.

Did you even read the quote you posted?
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
  • dagoddominator
    darkonome said:

@sylenthunder Maybe include the quotes from sheepclouds in your original post so people don't post ideas for NW that are unattainable according to our GMs/China.

i highly DOUBT the event could be locked into a specific time. and if it can be, why in sam hill would anyone approve this code??? (i know, that was a dumb question, this is PWE. but the archosaur studio guys aren't dumb) i feel this is a really lazy cop-out to avoid having to do work to recover from stupid coding and poor documentation.

let dawnglory have it's own NW and let the other servers have their own. trying to create a communal event that spans 9 hours worth of time offset is a nightmare no matter how you slice it.
  • aphrodita
    so we ignore what i said and rather keep raging about the times? oki :)
  • dagoddominator
    aphrodita said:

that supposes that we all find value in what you said.... or agree with you.....
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I wonder what the possibility would be of having Cross-Server NW a rotating schedule. One week west gets optimal times (say... after 6pm server), next week east gets optimal times, next week, EU gets optimal times etc. I don't know how hard that is to program.. and not saying this is ideal, and it would probably be a nightmare to coordinate with other events, but its a thought. That or put Friday and Sunday times staggered so one end of the world can attend one and the other end can attend the other at minimum.

Personally I don't think there will be a solution that pleases everyone.

edit: I just scanned comments and how disappointing that we have no power to adjust times to different servers. Well i throw up my hands at pw anyway. Either way someone is shafted :pensive:
    ​​
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    darkonome said:

@foley3k @shido45 @hypereccentrik Please rage less and read more.

Hello,

Also;

Without China fixing something (don't hold your breath) the only options we have for NW atm are;

Friday 8pm CET
    Saturday 8pm CET
    Sunday 8pm CET

Pick two.
    I did read it, and as I said, CET times are stupid to use for a company based in North America. If they couldnt get it to work with NA times, then they shouldnt have opened their mouths about cross server events. This thing was made by china, for their version. Our version isnt set up to handle this well, if at all. So I say again, pwe should scrap the whole cross server ****, apologise for them not being able to do it that suits all players, give out a code for something, and move on.
    PWE can't launch cross server events that wont **** over people. China has their servers in the same time zone, which is how they can do it. Different time zones you **** people over from that event no matter how you look at it. That right there should have been a red flag for PWE, but they are incompetent at doing pretty much anything that has to do with this game.
    NGTUy53.png

• tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    darkonome wrote: »
    Also;

Thats the biggest load of bull i've ever heard. I'm a CSE major and this is full of lies that the developers cannot change the time.
    Here is the real truth:
    1. They picked the time CET 8:00 most likely because the server hosting it is in EU.
    2. They coded that into the system
    3. There is no such thing as something you cannot change when creating something with code. Go back to school if you think that is true
    4. Hard does not mean impossible
    5. They are being lazy.
    6. To be completely honest, changing the time the event is set to, or even better, creating multiple time slots is actually rather easy, it is just alot of copy and paste, it can be done in a few hours. In fact they have the code already, take a look at tw for instance.​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • aphrodita

aphrodita said:

that supposes that we all find value in what you said.... or agree with you.....
    ah so you think it doesnt matter that only dawnglory, host of cross-NW can see the cross-ranking?

well then, happy NW tomorrow :)
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    If PW can't or don't want to change the time from 20:10 - 22:10 CET then change the Friday slot to Saturday and please don't have TW either day ( Saturday and Sunday) start before 23:10 CET as most TW factions insist on the members being online and getting into squads/ preparing and hour before TW begins.
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    All this **** and I bet nothing changes. mintsummer asks these questions just to reduce the amount of rage from the community to show us that "they care and they try to change". If they were to consider this, they wouldn't have chosen this event time in the first place

Same happened with server merge - "Guys we are considering implementing territory resource war on dawnglory server in mutiple timezones, this is do-able and this is being worked on" and 4 months passed without a single update or change on it.

@mintsummer
    Like people say, don't you guys feel **** to say this to your customers? Yes, we are your customers and we do invest **** ton of money into your product. "Unfortunately our developers do not know how to code and change the event time. Also if you go into a cross server instance ahead of your time you loose everything on your toon". What kind of **** devs do you have? I work on a software development division in an IT firm and I cannot believe that you run your company this way, like wtf looooool. Either you pay them like 40k pa or they are some interns trying out their poor coding skills here. I will be sure to give you guys **** review on BBB
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum