ecatomb - update the new class skills?

jabq
jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
I know the site is not active, and thank you to the person who is hosting the mirror. But could someone fiddle a bit and add the two new classes? or is that not possible?​​

Comments

• ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Not sure if its possible or not, but the new Skill thingy, it shows your all the skills.... Both sage, demon, primal and what not.

I guess the only thing it's missing is showing you from 1 - 10 or whatever the limit may be for that skill.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jabq
    ayejay101 wrote: »
    Not sure if its possible or not, but the new Skill thingy, it shows your all the skills.... Both sage, demon, primal and what not.

I guess the only thing it's missing is showing you from 1 - 10 or whatever the limit may be for that skill.

That would require you to create those alts and check out the skills, write down the info and keep track of changes and see if sage/demon are worth it. A bit too much work if planning out new alt for me.​​
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    I assumed you were going to or already have created such alts if you wanted to check out their skills.​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    ecatomb hasn't been updated in a long while, from what i heard, and whoever runs the site doesnt intend to do it. i forget the reason, but basically ecatomb is a dead website.

Edit: if i am wrong please provide a link with proof
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • jabq
    edited December 2015
    ecatomb hasn't been updated in a long while, from what i heard, and whoever runs the site doesnt intend to do it. i forget the reason, but basically ecatomb is a dead website

*points below*
    jabq wrote: »
    I know the site is not active, and thank you to the person who is hosting the mirror.

What I am asking is that who ever is hosting the mirror if they can make changes, add new things and re-upload the mirror.​​
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Why don't you do it yourself rather than asking other people to do work for you?​​
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    Considering I am the one hosting that mirror (I just randomly check PWI-Forums every now and then), I can say with a definitive answer, that I have no concrete future plans to work on that mirror. The biggest roadblock is the lack of time, as I am in my 6th year of college, wrapping up my second under-graduate program and about to start my graduate program.

The other major issue that pushed me away is the management (or lack-there-of) of this game. When PWE's past CMs decided to ban me from the forums for helping and often voicing my dissatisfaction with the game's management, that was the proverbial nail in the coffin. The game's servers being merged and what not was also a major indicator of a problematic situation of a dwindling player base.

Frankly, PWE has what they wanted. I no longer partake in this community on any form of active level, I haven't logged in for well over a year, and I have no respect for the company anymore. I only host that mirror because it is helpful to numerous people, and is basically free (I run a multitude of side projects on my website).
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic