FORUM AVATAR UPDATE – DECEMBER 9TH @11 AM PST

Options
sheepclouds
sheepclouds Posts: 81 Perfect World Employee
The forum avatar system will be undergoing an update next Wednesday to streamline forum avatars! Currently forum users can have an avatar in Arc and a second avatar on the game forums. This update will upgrade the forums so that they automatically use your Arc avatar when you post. :)

When the update goes into effect all forum avatars will be temporarily replaced with default game avatars. Once you log into Arc (at the top of the page) and visit the forum, your default forum avatar will be automatically overwritten by your Arc avatar.

If you have a special avatar for the forums, please make a copy of it now and use it to update your Arc account avatar. After the update the current forum avatars will no longer be accessible!

You can change your Arc avatar here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/account

This change will go into effect Wednesday, December 9, 2015 @11 AM PST
OqejO6Y.png

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Will GIF avatars still function?

Edit: Rather, I mean will they function again?​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sheepclouds
    Options

Will GIF avatars still function?

Edit: Rather, I mean will they function again?​​

Mine works still. You can test it in the Jade Dynasty forums, the update has already been deployed there. :)
    OqejO6Y.png
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    Thank you. I know a lot of people would have wanted to know that. normal-1.gif​​

​​
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    Grrr. On some browsers it shows the default Arc symbol, on others it still shows my old avatar. On neither am I able to change it. With or without the forum embedded into the stupid Arc pages. Other users randomly appear to have their old icons, or the Arc default also.

​​
  • sheepclouds
    Options

Grrr. On some browsers it shows the default Arc symbol, on others it still shows my old avatar. On neither am I able to change it. With or without the forum embedded into the stupid Arc pages. Other users randomly appear to have their old icons, or the Arc default also.

I asked the Forum Guru (@trailturtle) about this and he said if you were already logged into the forums and were only clicking around in the forums that the frame might have never refreshed which means the SSO won't kick off. If you refresh everything might sync up. :) It might be showing differently in other browsers because you just opened them.

If it is still acting up, let us know because it is definitely something we want to look into! :)

I'm going to open the thread in case other forum users are having strange issues.
    OqejO6Y.png
  • sylenthunder
    edited December 2015
    Options
    OK, pulled up a PC I've never used before, Opened the Arcgames website. (Note: Holy crow the website is slow because of all the **** on it. I guess I never noticed because it's mostly cached. makes me really super happy I can bypass all that with adblock and the forum enhancement.)

Anyway... It pull up with my old profile picture. Now, when I click on my profile picture to change it, I don't get anything.
    Before today, clicking on your avatar picture on your profile page would bring up the page where you change it.
    Today, It would bring up a little window saying that I didn't have permission to perform the action, it was down for maintenance.
    Now, it does nothing at all.

So my understanding is, that we now change our avatars in Arc, (Or on our Arc Account page), and then it will be replicated from there to the forums.
    Which makes perfect sense to me, and I totally understand that. Just wanted to clarify the process.

Edit: Just tested it. Takes all of about one minute to replicate from Arc account update to the forum data.
    Edit2: Looks like GIF's are working perfectly fine as well. Cannot wait to re-design a new avatar now. Update took about 20-30 seconds on this try.​​

​​
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    Options
    well idk how to set back my avatar now..​​
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    limonazza wrote: »
    well idk how to set back my avatar now..

Go here and set your avatar: https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/account
    Then go here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/
    ​​
  • sheepclouds
    Options

OK, pulled up a PC I've never used before, Opened the Arcgames website. (Note: Holy crow the website is slow because of all the **** on it. I guess I never noticed because it's mostly cached. makes me really super happy I can bypass all that with adblock and the forum enhancement.)

Anyway... It pull up with my old profile picture. Now, when I click on my profile picture to change it, I don't get anything.

Before today, clicking on your avatar picture on your profile page would bring up the page where you change it.

Today, It would bring up a little window saying that I didn't have permission to perform the action, it was down for maintenance.

Now, it does nothing at all.

So my understanding is, that we now change our avatars in Arc, (Or on our Arc Account page), and then it will be replicated from there to the forums.

Which makes perfect sense to me, and I totally understand that. Just wanted to clarify the process.

Edit: Just tested it. Takes all of about one minute to replicate from Arc account update to the forum data.

Edit2: Looks like GIF's are working perfectly fine as well. Cannot wait to re-design a new avatar now. Update took about 20-30 seconds on this try.​​

Yay, gifs! :) Thank you for sharing the more detailed instructions!
    OqejO6Y.png